**** June & July 2013 Mummies and Babies ****

What a dickhead he is Dani! You sound like you are doing amazingly well on your own and your boys are absolutely gorgeous! xxx

How's things everyone?
We are still having a poo nightmare! CR will only poo at night in a pull up, apart from 3 days in a row in the toilet and we thought we had cracked it. I just can't see an end to it and I have honestly tried everything I think.
She's loving nursery but I don't know why they talk about terrible twos because 3 year old melt downs are much worse!
What do you think you will be getting the wee ones at Christmas?

Hey, nice to see the thread bumped up. Hope you get the poo thing sorted Robyner. We were really late compared to everyone else with the toilet training and I have to say I was panicking with him having to go to nursery in a nappy then he suddenly just went for a pee pee no problem. The poo he was really scared of at the beginning but again one day he just done one and there has been no stopping him now. Its like a light swtched on for him so hopefully that may happen for you.

In terms of Christmas we took full advantage of the 20% sale day at Smyths toy shop and got him pretty much all his stuff. We got him a Garage,Cozy Coupe, remote control car and Zeg from Blaze. Also a Barcelona strip and thats us done.

I love Christmas and every year I feel now is better as they are totally getting it mors.?

Howsnursery going for everyone? Thankfully R is absolutely loving it!

Potty training took a looooooong time in our house but finally he's got the hang of it, it was pure laziness with Ryan but been about 2 months now and dry everyday since still wears pull ups at night! Wanted him potty trained before starting nursery school and new baby arriving in December,
He's also going through a 'THREENAGER' stage too hopefully a phase he will grow out of soon

We had a relatively good time with potty training. We did it about 6/7months ago now, Rosie picked it up brilliantly but every now and again we have poo accidents! Maybe once every two weeks?? It's becoming less frequent so hopefully accidents will be a thing of the past soon! We never used pull ups on a night (she got really confused when we first went to our them on so we thought we would just go cold turkey) and touch wood she's never had a night time accident! Can't believe I've jinxed myself with that now haha!

3 is so much harder than 2! Rosie is lovely but my word she can strop and her attitude is like a moody teenager sometimes!

We still have food issue in that she is such a slow eater! And she just point plank refuses to eat certain things! Like mash potatoes?! We have a handful of family meals that she will 'eat' (I say eat, maybe 8 mouthfuls?!) and other than that she's just obsessed with sandwiches and sausages!

So excited for Christmas this year. Off to centre parks beginning of December with close family friends who have a daughters the same age as Rosie and Ginny so should be brill! I'm pretty much sorted for Christmas too! Got Rosie the frozen lego castle and some Disney little kingdom princesses. She's so girly it's so cute! Trying to not go crazy but I keep buying little bits here and there! Feel bad cos I've hardly got Ginny anything! But she has all Rosie's old stuff she literally needs nothing!

Nice to see all your updates!

How are you all getting on with apply for schools?? Did you look round many?? I'm so confused by it all I'm putting it off! Don't want to think my baby's starting school soon she still seems so young!!

Xxxx

Hi girls!

We started potty training end of June just before he turned 3 and it went really well but since he started his 4 days at nursery in August he's regressed and we get lots of pee accidents! Very frustrating. Poos we don't really have accidents with but he does hold it in for a day or so then gets all clingy and panicky for an hour or so before going. Such a palaver! He's been dry through the night from early on though which is odd, usually that's the bit that takes ages. Not sure what the day pee accidents are about, it's not a full on pee it's enough to wet his pants and go through to his trousers so he's obviously stopping himself. So annoying as it gives me so much washing! We just keep telling him to keep his pants dry and tell us when he needs. He'll get it eventually! Robyner that must be so frustrating hun. She will get it though x

Matthew is doing well at nursery which is a relief and seems to have a few wee pals which is lovely. The ladies at the nursery always say great things about him so fingers crossed it continues. Makes me so proud!

Despite being a good boy at nursery I have to agree with you all about the challenging behaviour! Crying and stamping his feet when he doesn't get his way and just generally being naughty. Trying to get him ready in the morning is a joke he just runs away from you! Thinks it's funny. Drives me insane!! He's just a hyper boy who loves to give me the runaround. I hear 4 is the magic age when the calm down a bit and toe the line and behave better. Here's hoping!

Soooooo excited for Christmas, he's made me write a list several times over! He's asking for some finding dory toys, batman bits and bobs and Anna and Elsa dolls! We're not getting him a 'big' present just lotsa wee things. We've booked a couple of smaller pantos for 3-6 year olds and can't wait to visit Santa, think he'll be really into it this year!!

Holi we are also going to center parcs, end of November! It'll be gorgeous all sparkly and set up for Christmas. The winter wonderland is fab! Great way to kick off the Christmas season!

Great to hear from you girls xx

We are toilet trained in the day but not at night, not sure when to tackle that! He uses the toilet everywhere apart from at nursery! We have to take his potty, no idea what the problem is, he won't say but point blank refuses to use it.

No idea what to get him for Christmas, he wants a remote control crane and I've suggested a camera as he loves mine. He doesn't watch films, has gone off paw patrol and still just loves diggers!

We are cheapskates and are off to center parcs in Jan when it's cheap!

Becky I got a remote control digger from to maxx reduced to £12 I think they may have cranes too, or do you mean the £50 one from the smyths catalogue, that's my sons favourite books to read before bed haha

We are toilet trained in the day but not at night, not sure when to tackle that! He uses the toilet everywhere apart from at nursery! We have to take his potty, no idea what the problem is, he won't say but point blank refuses to use it.

No idea what to get him for Christmas, he wants a remote control crane and I've suggested a camera as he loves mine. He doesn't watch films, has gone off paw patrol and still just loves diggers!

We are cheapskates and are off to center parcs in Jan when it's cheap!

We are going Mon-Fri so it wasn't crazy expensive. Wouldn't pay those prices! Dead excited. We were there 2 years ago when he was 16 months are there weren't many activities for his age (we lied and said he was 18 months for a messy play session lol). This time being 3 there's tons he can do and all the Christmas activities too like elf academy - too cute!

Becky our boys sound quite different, I'm ashamed to say Matthew is a bit of a telly addict and is in to everything! Obviously I do limit his screen time but he beeeeeeegs me every day several times to watch it. I've created a monster! At the moment it's pj masks, paw patrol, blaze and the monster machines, jake and the never land pirates and anything on CBeebies. Films he loves are frozen, toy story, monsters inc, finding nemo, little mermaid to name a few! So there's loads we could get him but I'm not going overboard and not getting anything too big and bulky. We don't have the space anyway. In saying that I know my mum will get him a huge plastic monstrosity of some sort!

Oh no he watches tv lots, his fave is random digger things on YouTube or if we aren't in the room with sky then cbeebies. I just don't think there's one program he likes enough for me to buy toys related to - we already have some paw patrol and blaze.

Will check out tkmax and symths.

Hey girld, Just wanted to bump the thread to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all our 3 and a half year old (crazy) wee cherubs. Also to you all and your new babies as well!!!

Have a ball, hope Santa is good to you all! ������������

Last edited:
Thanks laurat same to you and your family! Totally different in our house this year my little boy is so into Christmas now and we gave a little daughter who will be a month old on Boxing Day

Happy Christmas everyone!! Such a lovely time of year to have kids (when their not too hyped up on chocolate!) hope everyone has some lovely Christmassy things planned for the next few days! Me and Rosie are having a girlie afternoon and going for afternoon tea with santa! Can't wait! X

Merry Christmas mummies!! We've just put an extremely hyper wee boy to bed. Mince pie and milk for Santa and carrot and reindeer food all ready out the back. He was so naughty tonight, just over excited and running about wild! I was glad to get him in bed and thankfully he went to sleep straight away!! We've done lots of lovely Christmassy things over the last couple of weeks it's been great. He is so excited for presents!! I'm looking forward to seeing his wee face! Have a lovely day girls xxxx

Hi girls! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and new year!

Need to ask, how are your 3 and a half year olds doing?? My LOL is going through a hitting phase since before Christmas but has been getting worse since then. Nursery have said they notice him lifting his hand to other kids when he's angry. I constantly tell him no hitting/gentle hands and to use his words when he's angry or to walk away. He knows it's not right but it's like he can't help it when he's in a rage. But it's not just when for example another kid takes a toy from him, I noticed the other day he was trying to get the attention of this little boy when we were out and the boy just kinda ignored him and walked away and Matthew went after him and hit him! I was there and obviously pulled him away and told him that was wrong, if they boy didn't want to play then just walk away.

Anyway just when you think you are past naughty toddler behaviour he starts this carry on again! Is there a developmental leap at this age? Anyone noticed anything similar with their los? I've got a few things to try with him like a 'house rules' poster we are going to make together and do one for nursery too. And a friend recommended a book called hands are not for hitting' so going to order that xx

My little girl has suddenly developed an attitude! Getting really cheeky and she has started showing her anger a lot more, maybe they are feeling certain emotions more and with them still be young don't know how to control them? She doesn't really hit but she has gone to hit me a few times when Iv told her off. I'm sure it's normal and they are just figuring out how to handle situations, all you can do is help them understand what is the right and wrong way to deal with it xx

She is 3 and half too, my tickers have disappeared for some reason xx

Im getting what I can only describe as proper huffs at the moment and he is crossing his arms and saying no at certain times. Standing and stamping his feet and then fake crying. Then once told off it can ensue a crazy melt down. Its now escalated twice to this when leaving my sisters house and when forced to leave the shower. Hes tired at these points as its the end of the day but it is proper crazy howling and mental wrestling we have had to do which we have never had to do before. I thought we missed the temper tantrums but boy it is apparently here now. He then goes crazy for maybe five mins and weve simply left him and he comes back all sheepish and says sorry mum/dad I have calmed down!!!!

The huffs and 'no' are happening more too. My friend in my first time mums group is having the same problem with her wee girl. She actually filmed her at one point in a full on huff and it was very similar. Im thinking it may be developmental. I actually vaguely remember my sister who works in a nurseeybsaying something about 3 to 4 being a tantrum tome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back