***June 2019 Mummies***

Evening all.

Abi, just to echo what bubbles has said. Those scans are never 100% there just a rough guess. Even if baby doubkes in size thats only 8lb roughly, which is would be small if it was my baby lmao. I birth chunky boys lol.

Bubbles, i've had an ok day. Had a lazy morning watching films, put the pram back together, did a touch of cleaning, had dinner. Went to the park, was walking for 5 mins and my hips where crying with pain.

Im just chilling watching operation live series 2, didnt realise there was a second series. Then I'll grab a shower and hopefully get a better nights sleep :D

Hope everyone else has a good evening xx

How amazing is it just watching your belly and seeing baby move, it’s crazy to think we’re growing little people in our bodies! Just sat here watching mine and feeling him move I love it <3

So I did my hospital bag today and currently got everything in the washing machine that needs to go in it. Makes it all seem more real.

My back pain seems to of eased up abit this week luckily and I’m not waddling aw bar so fingers crossed it stays that way!

Yeah, I really wouldn't worry about the scans Abi, with our little boy we were told he was 4lb a week before he was due and that he'd run out of room so had stopped growing and he was born a week later at 6lb8oz!
Our little boy's bed time seems to be getting later and later, he's still up and refusing to go to bed, I wouldn't mind but he's still up at 6.30, I'm shattered! Xx

Smcx, it is lovely watching them and feeling them move. I love rubbing whatever limb she sticks out lol

Unicorn, hope it wasn't must longer before your little one went to bed. How old is he now? I seem to remember my youngest having a sleep regression about 2.5 - 3yrs old.

I'm sulking. Currently been in bed for the last 1.5hrs and still not asleep. My hips/legs feel so heavy and achy I jusy can't seem to get in a comfortable position. I'm knackered. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the easter hols, but as the kids are off I can't even sneak a nap in the day :(

Oh no baby hope you managed to get comfy in the end!
I’m finding at the moment when I wake up I’m just really hot and sweaty god help me when the weather actually gets hot! Although I’m looking forward to it supposedly being warm this weekend for Easter x

Morning Smcx, i did manage to get to sleep, thankfully. It was nearer to midnight though when i nodded off, had to take a couple of paracetamol to ease the discomfort. Think i only woke once in the night and didn't get up til 7am, so not to bad in the end.

I'm actually looking forward to the sunshine, i love a bit of sun. If it gets too hot i'll just hide at home with the fan on me. I really need to get my AC unit sorted, it died a horrible death lord knows whats up with it.

Midwifes for me this morning, got appointments coming in thick and fast over the next few weeks. One today with the community midwife, home visit next week with the health visitor, consultant the week after that to discuss mode of delivery. Those appointments should take me to 36wks, then i'll have another at 38wks and hopefully baby will be here before i need a 40wk app!

Looks very overcast here at the min, will hopefully cheer up by dinner, then i can take the youngest somewhere to burn some energy off. Hope everyone has a good day :D

xxx

Hubby has taken the kids out for the day so I have the house to myself.... It's quiet... too quiet lol it's weird lol but I need the break.
The pain in my pubic bone has completely elevated. It's awful, cant even lift my legs properly.
Gunna sit and munch on fried mushrooms now... huge craving for them

Little miss bump

20190417_115423.jpg

Oh that’s good you got a bit of a decent sleep in the end baby.
Lots of appointments! I have my midwife appointment next Wednesday and then health visitor is coming to my house the week after.

The suns out here but I’m in work so just enjoying it through the windows

Lovely bump marvellous! Enjoy the rest and your mushrooms haha! I’ve not had any cravings x

Afternoon ladies,

Just got back from the midwife. All is good, all my health checks came back clear/normal. Bump is still measuring a week ahead, but that's fine. Baby girl is still head down but is now back to back, which explains the backache! Spoke about in demand feeding, which apparently the government is really pushing that midwifes encourage and promote that style of feeding. I'll be honest I didn't know there was another style of feeding, followed what the baby wanted until they established there own routine.

Marvellous, sounds like SPD. Have a word with your midwife, they might be able to rush you through for a physio referral. Enjoy your quiet time and mushrooms! I've not really had any cravings as such, had the milk aversion for a while and I suddenly now love English mustard. But other than that I've not craved anything. I remember with my youngest I sent the hubby out at ridiculous o'clock because I jusy had to have quiche! Lol

Smcx, sucks that your at work. How many shifts do you have left to do? Can't be many now surely. Hopefully the weather will still be nice when you finish work today xxx

It more than likely is spd but physio was useless last time so might aswell suffer lol I already have a band.
My mushrooms were looooovely lol

Glad everything went well baby. I finish work next Saturday til Christmas so only 6 days left in to go woo!

Sat in garden now enjoy a bit of the sun. Got home before to find my mum had dropped my Moses basket off washed and all set up next to my bed! Super exciting, but it’s not staying there or il walk into it getting up in the night haha!

You all seem to have such lovely bumps!

Wow so many appointments, glad everything went well today Baby. I just got letter from health visitors- there not coming to visit till baby is around 10 days old, I'm sure there just turn up. Next week I got 3 hospital appointments and one of them is on same day as my dads funeral. I've always followed feeding on demand so much easier than strict feeding schedule.

How lovely of your mum Smcx, seeing the baby stuff set up makes it even more real xx

I've been way in the garden most the afternoon, its been lovely outside.

Aww how sweet of your mum to do that for you. We've got the pram set up in the hallway whenever I walk past I get all excited! Not long now we'll have our babies, 6weeks tomorrow! Im on count down haha

Its going so fast now!

I probably only got 5 weeks till baby is here- better order a pram soon xx

Wow Caz and Baby you have a lot of appointments, it's getting so close now. You must be really excited!

Lovely bump Marvellous, I hope the pain eases off for you soon.

Smcx, I bet you're excited to start maternity leave! And lovely of your mum to set up the moses basket! That must make it seem really real now. I would do mine but like you I would be crashing into it in the middle of the night!

Is anyone wishing pregnancy would last a bit longer? I've been told that I'll feel really sad that I'm not pregnant anymore once baby is here but I just can't imagine that at the moment!

Wow Caz and Baby you have a lot of appointments, it's getting so close now. You must be really excited!

Lovely bump Marvellous, I hope the pain eases off for you soon.

Smcx, I bet you're excited to start maternity leave! And lovely of your mum to set up the moses basket! That must make it seem really real now. I would do mine but like you I would be crashing into it in the middle of the night!

Is anyone wishing pregnancy would last a bit longer? I've been told that I'll feel really sad that I'm not pregnant anymore once baby is here but I just can't imagine that at the moment!
With my first I was sad when pregnancy was over, she was a dream to carry, I got quite sad after as I missed my bump.
With my son I was already over it by 20 weeks (worst pregnancy)
I'm reaching that point now, purely because being pregnant with 2 kids already is sodding hard work lol

I'm yet to sleep tonight, got awful insomnia but no doubt Il fall asleep 5 mins before my 2 hurricanes get up and start causing mayhem.

Last edited:
I hope you get some sleep soon, its so awful having pregnancy insomnia.

Ekk Caz, get ordering that pram!! Where are you thinking of getting it from? Whats the delivery turn around like? Hope it arrives in time!

Abi, i recall missing being pregnant but only because it was easier than dealing with the sleep deprivation hahaha. Baby actually slept fairly well as a newborn, waking every 2 hours, give or take, for a feed. But i just couldn't sleep, had such awful insomnia and just found it hard to settle. Also the baby blues hit hard, if i'm honest i probably had a touch of PND but never admitted it. This time i'm hoping if it shows up i'll be more vocal in telling my health visitor.

Marvellous, hope you managed to settle in the end? Insomnia is awful isn't it. In the beginning of this pregnancy i spent many nights curled up on the sofa watching tv til morning just because i couldn't sleep, awful. What do you have planned for today, can you not throw the kids in the garden (weather permitting) and chill out in the sun?

I got some sleep last night, wouldn't say it was a good night though but better than it has been. Think i was alseep before midnight, woke about 1.30 for a pee, woke at 3am to hubby going for a pee, then had a crap dream, spent a solid hour awake, finally fell back to sleep only to be woken by my youngest at 6.30am. So not an horrific night in the grand scheme of things, but i'm still feeling like crap!

Lazy day at home for us, my car is in for it's MOT and valet. I'll be throwing kid outside with toys and hoping for 5 mins peace!

Hope everyone has a good day xx

I slept exactly 1hr before the hurricanes broke into my room and terrorised me lol
I intend to sleep in the garden and resemble a half woman half lobster later haha. Thankfully hubby is home again so he's on duty to keep them busy.

An hour?! I feel bad for complaining about my broken sleep now haha.

Fingers crossed you manage a little snooze in the sun. It's a little dull here at the moment, i'm hoping it warms up as the morning goes on.

I've just realised it's a 4 day weekend this week! Extra lay in and hubby on hand to help entertain the kid! Yay!

Also, out of curiosity how long paternity are all your hubby's taking? My hubby has said that his company only allows for 5 days statutory paternity leave. And he's unsure if he's going to be able to take any additional holidays as he's lead developer and they have multiple release dates to hit in June :( So potentially i'll have to readjust to life with a newborn in 1 week! I'm a little nervous by that thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back