***June 2019 Mummies***

I was asleep before 9 last night, was still up 3 times in the night tho for the loo

It’s a little cloudy here at the moment but looks like it’ll be a lovely day later on

My other half doesn’t get paid when he has time off so god knows what his plan is when baby is here, his boss is a family friend tho so I think he’ll be pretty good with it all but just gonna play it by ear x

Mine is taking holiday instead as paternity doesn't come close to what he earns.

Smcx, you can apply directly via gov.com

Paternity pay and leave

I had to do this when I was pregnant with my youngest as id only jusy changed jobs and didn't qualify for the employers maternity package.

My hubby is taking 2 weeks. I think most of it is going to be holiday but his boss is going to give him a few days of it without using his allowance because he has been working away a lot and would probably be owed days in lieu anyway.

My hubby is self employed so won’t take off very long as will be loosing earnings. But he does tend to be quieter in summer so he will prob take off odd days in summer holidays when I will prob need more help with three kids. Xx

Same as yours bubbles. Hubbies always been self employed & with my first 2 they were both born on Wednesdays so he had wed-sun off & then back to work on the Monday. Never bothered me. If anything quite like once he’s out the way lol. Saying that I’ve had naturally deliveries but I’m sure if I had a section I’d need him around a bit longer.

So my newest pregnancy “symptoms” are.... the ever so glamorous - thrush, awful constipation, piles & check this.... the tops of my legs now chaff when wearing a dress!!! Wtf?! This has never happened before ! Brought Canestan today which I’ll use tonight or I’ll rip my ladies parts off! All of the above just make anything that’s meant to be fun not fun!

Took a pic today of my bump as hubby says it looks like it’s stuck on lol

D284F6A1-31D1-40E9-9753-67CB11F3E3CA.jpeg

Paternity pay really doesn’t cover much these days and my oh doesn’t get holiday pay either.
So we stuck with paternity leave - probably will just take a week off unpaid - it’s just the girls school is a good 40 mins drive and I won’t be able to do much after section, if it was just looking after my youngest and the baby it wouldn’t be too bad x

Hubby has an audit at what will be 36 weeks, so we're really hoping that they can take the stitch out at 37 weeks like originally planned and not 36 as suggested more recently! And then he can pretty much take about 5 weeks off, just going in for the odd meeting and doing a bit of work from home etc. Which is a flipping good job as I had my niece as well as our little one today and I honestly feel broken and the house looks like a bomb's gone off in it! I'm holding on to the fact that they'll be much more of an age gap between our 2 and that I won't be heavily pregnancy once the baby is here, or I think I'd just sit here and cry! Xx

It's pretty obvious that men get such a rough deal when it comes to paternity and time off with baby. It's pretty unfair really. Unicorn, that's really good that your hubby can take 5 weeks off!! That'll be a massive help after having baby.

I'm probably just worried over nothing, just assumed I'd have him at home to help for a bit longer. Having said that, I like routine so the quick I establish my own routine the better. Hubby will only hinder that process as he's a very much 'let's see what happens' kinda guy, where as I like a bit of structure especially to my mornings. Lol

Had an OK day today, youngest is getting fed up of the holidays and is craving normality I think. He's also coming down with a head cold now so is full of snot. I'm just about to settle down to watch a film on nextflix, hopefully I'll sleep well tonight. Fingers crossed! !

Hope you all have a good evening xxx

Unicorn that's amazing if your hubby can get 5 weeks off. I agree that men get such a bad deal usually. They don't have to recover physically but they need to bond with the baby, especially since they haven't had the kicks and stuff to help them feel that it's real so far. And that's just for a first baby, goodness knows how organised you have to be when there are other children too!

Linnett your bump looks great and I hope your symptoms calm down soon. I've found those fiber supplement drinks were helpful for me although the hospital didn't have any more of the ranitadine in the pharmacy so I had to go without last night and get more today. Curry was a mistake last night, the heartburn was awful.

I also think I've started getting BH but I'm not totally sure. It would be good to know everything is getting ready.

I was getting myself stressed out about all the vaccine stuff on the news. I've always been very pro-science but all this anti-vax stuff was really starting to scare me and they do the BCG at birth here because of the higher risk than the UK (they stopped doing it in the UK before I got it so my baby will have more vaccines than me). Luckily my friend is a doctor and she gave me all the facts (how our vaccine schedule is different to the UK) and was really reassuring (totally safe) . I would trust her with my life so I feel glad that she says to go with it, one less thing to stress about.

That feeling when you sleep for 6 hours solid with no waking up too pee.... so happy for sleep. I thought I was turning into and owl lol
Iv noticed if I bath right before bed, I sleep so much better, so I'm now starting a love affair with the tub.

Weather is going to be a beaut today so going to do the kids a picnic in the garden, and let them run riot out there. Hopefully catch some Sun rays as I'm looking so pale lately.

Yay, I hope everyone enjoys the sunny bank holiday xx

That feeling when you sleep for 6 hours solid with no waking up too pee.... so happy for sleep. I thought I was turning into and owl lol
Iv noticed if I bath right before bed, I sleep so much better, so I'm now starting a love affair with the tub.

Weather is going to be a beaut today so going to do the kids a picnic in the garden, and let them run riot out there. Hopefully catch some Sun rays as I'm looking so pale lately.

Same as marvellous! Both me & hubby have had crap nights sleep this week but last night we both got in bed at about midnight, fell asleep straight away & didn’t wake until 7! I normally wake with back & shoulder pain but didn’t this morning! We both said how nice it is to wake up feeling good!

Going to be 23 degrees today! Hubbies cleaning my car at the min which I’m so excited about as it hasn’t been cleaned for about 3 months! Love a clean car when it’s sunny :) then we’re going to take the dogs for a long walk & have a bbq.

Tomorrow we’re going to the zoo so that’ll be lovely too :)

Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend !

Morning ladies,

What an horrific start to the bank holiday yesterday! Spent most of the day feeling pretty uncomfortable and stuck on the sofa. Had some fairly intense pains, enough to make me concentrate on them and breathing/rocking through them, even vomited at one point! Not sure if it was baby laid funny or painful braxton hicks due to being dehydrated. Possibly a mix of both. Either way, hubby banned me to the sofa pretty much all day. I even text my sister asking her to be on standby incase I had to ring the unit and go in. Luckily it all died down by tea time. Left me feeling shattered but could I heck sleep!

Went to bed at 10.30, was still awake by 11.30 with pretty bad hips and restless legs :( came downstairs and fell asleep at some point, woke at 3am so took myself upstairs to bed. Fell back to sleep but woke about 5.30 due to sore hips, been in and out of sleep since. I'm now awake with my youngest.

Luckily, my mum and dad have decided last minute that they're going camping for the remainder of the bank holiday and want to take my youngest with them. The eldest son is away in London with his friends so I've a weekend to myself to rest and sleep!

That's my moan/rant over with haha. Hope you've all had a good Bank Holiday so far?! Plans for today?

Linnett, you can't beat the shiny clean car smell! And yay for a goodnights sleep, long may it continue :) xx

How scary baby, I had something similar with my 2nd. Was a hot summer and I was dehydrated so the BH were awful. Like yours they stopped but I was left feeling exhausted. Rest up and keep hydrated.

Taking the kids to the park today, my youngest wants to play bat and ball but our garden is too small.
It's going to be lovely again so I just fished out some shorts fully expecting to have to do the bobble trick... they did up properly first time... I'm shocked lol just need to waddle to the park now. Starting to walk like a penguin now lol

Last edited:
Oh no baby how awful. Hope your okay now!

Loving this weather, we went for food and a walk yesterday but didn’t get far as my bump just felt heavy and was too hot. So just going to chill rest of the weekend I think. Although I’ve beeb up since half 6 this morning so I washed more baby clothes and got it out in the sun. Im knackered again now though!

Have a lovely weekend everyone x

Hey Abi, can be totally normal. It regenerates itself, so unless your waters break or you start contracting then there'll be nothing to worry about. Obviously keep an eye out for odd smells, pain or itching just in case it wasn't mucus plug.

With my first pregnancy I started losing my plug at about 30 something weeks. But still went 12 days overdue! With my second I didn't lose the plug until my waters actually broke, and that was at 4 days overdue.

Smcx, we went for a shopping trip into town yesterday and I felt exactly the same. Only lasted an hour or so then had to come home, but bump and back was so painful!

Marvelous, I'm a little jealous that you can still fit in your shorts!! I'm literally living in leggings and vest tops haha. I refuse to by maternity summer wear as I've only 5 and a bit weeks left. Might invest after baby is here though. Will wait to see how much weight I lose in the first couple of weeks.

Honestly I was shocked I had bobbles ready to try that trick where you use a hair bobble to tie your trousers up lol
I'm refusing to buy anything else aswell, guess I'm lucky I brought loads of baggy beach wear last year as I'd put on loads of weight so managing to get by with just them.

I’m still using a bobble on my work pants, the midwife laughed at me last time cos I’m still trying to hang on to them but I finish next week so no point buying new ones haha

I’m shattered today after my early wake up so I’m just chilling watching tv

Here’s yesterday bump pic, 34weeks tomorrow. Loving my maternity maxi off boohoo :)

36D98D07-9B47-46E5-886D-EB46AE65B68B.jpeg

I’m still using a bobble on my work pants, the midwife laughed at me last time cos I’m still trying to hang on to them but I finish next week so no point buying new ones haha

I’m shattered today after my early wake up so I’m just chilling watching tv

Here’s yesterday bump pic, 34weeks tomorrow. Loving my maternity maxi off boohoo :)

View attachment 84973
You look fab!! I resemble a weeble lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back