***July 2016 trimester 2***

I didn't want to get the jab but i read somewhere that because it's a 12 month vaccine, your baby will be protected for a few months after birth, don't know if it's rubbish or not :/ xxx

Thanks! Still not sure if I will have it.. Had a cold last week but feeling good now so I hope I will stay that way. Will decide this week.

We are also about to buy a house Charliebump! Moving in April and will spend a fortune on deposit, furniture etc.!! :) Will not buy any baby stuff until then I think since we just have to move it all again. will be about 25-26 week when we move so hopefully it gives me enough time to get all the things :) I don't want to panic about all the stuff I "should" get. Spoke to midwife and she said today women spend so much money on things that are not necessary. Like prams, one lady at work spent about 1000!!! and then another of my colleagues spend 100 or so and he says it works perfectly.

will be lovely with a new lovely family home with 3 bedrooms :) Can't wait x

We have put a bid on a 4 bed house which needs a lot of work! New floors upstairs, new ceiling in the dining room, Windows, doors, boiler and electrics are naff but it it wasn't such a barging we would not be bothering x luckily hubby's dad has give him some of his inheritance early so we could afford the deposit. Hubby's dad is a surveyor and knows a lot of people that can help fix the house up. He said the house is worth £180 in its current condition but we have offered £130 so when it's done it will be lovely x it's just going to be really hard x

Helllooo, I have had a bit of a break from the forum with being soooo sick in Tri 1, but starting to feel much better now....so exciting reading everyone's progress.

I have my next scan on Wednesday to see how the twins are getting on, it's all going a bit quick lol!!

Also in a bit of a muddle with which tandem to go for as would really struggle with a double buggy, so any recommendations would be fab!!

xxxxx

We have put a bid on a 4 bed house which needs a lot of work! New floors upstairs, new ceiling in the dining room, Windows, doors, boiler and electrics are naff but it it wasn't such a barging we would not be bothering x luckily hubby's dad has give him some of his inheritance early so we could afford the deposit. Hubby's dad is a surveyor and knows a lot of people that can help fix the house up. He said the house is worth £180 in its current condition but we have offered £130 so when it's done it will be lovely x it's just going to be really hard x

Interesting, hope you get it! 4 beds sounds huge to me! Working in London so I am unfortunately looking at different prices and less rooms :). We are buying a New build so less hassle but some day I would love to buy house where you can put more of your own touch to it :) x

Helllooo, I have had a bit of a break from the forum with being soooo sick in Tri 1, but starting to feel much better now....so exciting reading everyone's progress.

I have my next scan on Wednesday to see how the twins are getting on, it's all going a bit quick lol!!

Also in a bit of a muddle with which tandem to go for as would really struggle with a double buggy, so any recommendations would be fab!!

xxxxx

Welcome back :). Felt horrible in first Trimester as well but much better now. Good luck on scan!!

For those of you feeling better - when did your sickness ease off? I've been feeling terrible in tri 1 I'll be 14 weeks tmw and although I'm still feeling quite icky I feel as if maybe it's eased off a bit the last couple of days. Really hoping the end is in sight as it's been grim.
Maria I am in 2 minds about the flu jab too. Would rather not bother if I can avoid it xx

Thanks, might skip it.

My sickness eased off about 12 weeks but sometimes feel a bit nauseous. I am 14 weeks exactly today. Hopefully it will only get better now.

I have another very glamorous thing happening.. Hairy belly!! anyone else has this issue? would not be an issue if it was blonde but its quite dark and its kind of fluffy all over! haha. My hormones brings the best out of me :)

Welcome back MrsR so glad your feeling better x I can't wait to see your twins x very exciting xx

With this being baby number 4 we really needed the extra space x it's a lot bigger than the house we have now x we found out today that our bid has been accepted and if we can complete quickly then we won't have to wait 28 days. They said they are keeping the house on the market until we complete! It's a mortgage cease back so they have to keep it on the market so they can get the best offer. Fingers crossed no one comes and takes it from under our noses!

I have a hairy belly too, very sexy x

Welcome to tri 2 mrsroger :) arggh twins so exciting!

I really don't want the jab. Thinking about it they advise up to jan/feb and jan is halfway through already. Plus the immunity to baby isn't relevant if it's just for their first few months cuz we're having summer babies!

Roisin! Bless ya! I honestly thought tri 2 was meant to be lovely lol I can't really moan, I've probably been sick on about 10 days overall which isn't bad. Really hope it eases soon! X

Last edited:
I still can't face sweet things and chocolate makes me sick so just don't bother with it!!

I re-started my pregnacare recently, as that was making me really sick, but finding it is giving me lots of energy now.

I am looking forward to my scan on Wednesday I can't wait to see how much they have grown.

xxxx

I've declined the flu jab and the DTaP.

I don't believe they are safe in pregnancy (there have been no studies proving efficacy or safety so I'd rather not take risks for protection that may not even exist). The flu jab also has limited efficacy as they have to guess at the strains to include in the vaccine so you could still get sick with the flu if it's a strain not included.

I was leaning towards the DTaP. Well whooping cough,
Didn't know it was combined. I read a story of a baby in australia dying and it scared me :( I can't remember when they give that, is it 28weeks? X

Yes you get the combined one for all three.

The other problem with the DTaP is that vaccinated people can still be asymptomatic carriers so can actually infect babies too young to be vaccinated.

Vaccines were never offered or recommended at all when I was pregnant with my first two lol.

Crazy. I'm really against vaccines usually but I'm just so scared something will happen :/ xxx

Awww I remember when I was younger I'd like twins! Now though I'd end up with 6 children lol there is a lady near me who has had twins, triples and is now pregnant with twins xx

I had both vaccination last time x I asked if I'd need the whooping chough again but I know I will have to have the flu jab! X

Wow Kirsty!! That sounds hard!

Mrs Roger, are they smaller than single babies now? Please upload a picture when you've had your scan Xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back