***July 2016 trimester 2***

Your nursery looks brilliant. How exciting to see it all coming together, I have missed organising a nursery this time :(

My last day in Tri 2:oooo:

The nursery looks fab unicorn :)
We can't really decorate where we live. But will try to make the room nice with bedding and a lampshade which a friend is giving to us. Maybe a wall sticker but what ever we do we have to make sure we don't mark the walls. Have so much to sort still. Ended up buying a new Moses basket in Asda with the stand as it worked out cheaper than buying a new mattress, stand and liner for the second hand one we have. Do I need to wash the outer liner as well as the mattress cover on the new one? Still haven't moved all of our things out of the room that will be for the baby. Haven't got half the things we need clothing wise or bedding! Hubby is still working on the crib. I can't tidy the house much as I am in pain with hips and not allowed to use the hoover. So I'm stressed nothing is getting done. Keep getting told I have plenty of time but actually 3 months if baby is on time isn't long! Especially when we have limited amount of weekends to get things done. Want my labour bags done by 30 weeks to be sure and so far have breast pads which I've had to use and that's it! I'm finding it all rather stressful Instead of enjoying it. I am paranoid about movements. I'm finding it so hard to monitor at the moment as baby is active pretty much all of the time. There isnt a period where he or she is particularly quieter. We went to see the inlaws at the weekend and they weren't bothered about baby which is fine as didn't want to answer loads of questions it's just that they aren't excited so it makes me feel a bit down. Especially SIL she is a lot older than my Hubby all her kids are older now and the youngest always needs attention so anything that could take the conversation away from her isn't allowed. She doesn't bother with me much anyway. My mum is very excited which is nice but she is very opinionated and is trying to persuade me to bottle feed etc and she won't leave it alone. And everyone has so many views that I don't want to hear because I need to make my own decisions. Ahhhh

Sounds like unneeded stress, Redbootz. None of our family live nearby so we don't have an issue with anyone trying to tell us how to do stuff, but that would make me mad if they did! I don't mind advice once the baby's there and they know my situation (with my first, she just constantly cried and the only way to stop her was to bounce on an exercise ball with her! I would gladly have taken any advice lol!) but I don't like people telling you you have to do something a certain way. All babies are different and you have to wait to see what your's is like to see whether the advice rings true.
Why does your mum want you to bottle feed? Seems like a strange one. If breastfeeding works for you, then it's such a godsend as it's so quick and easy and there's no faff with cleaning bottles etc.
Shame none of your hubby's family seems that interested. How old are your sil's kids?

Our families aren't close but my mum comes up a lot and she will call and tell me everytime I speak to her that I have to make a decision on feeding. I don't see why I need to decide untill baby is here. Tesco is down the road and sell bottles if I can't breastfeed. I have always said I want to try and if it doesn't work I will bottle feed. But I want to know I have at least given it a good go. I don't mind advice but like you say before baby is here it's hard to know what will happen. She bottle fed with all of us and my sister bottle fed. She seems to think it's easier. My SIL youngest is 15 her eldest is 21. They all suffer from Marfans syndrome. My husband has never been tested as he doesn't have the features of marfans and it would ruin his career so we don't know if we are at risk with our baby. The young one they say has got adhd but in my opinion she gets what she wants when she wants becuase of her marfans and has anaemia so I think her behaviour is lack of iron and being spoilt and not anything else. My nephew is autistic and goes to a special needs school I have been around some of the children and I think she is just naughty and selfish. She doesn't like me because of what happened at our wedding which is a long story. But when we went down to the inlaws for xmas to announce our baby news I didn't even get a hug. And as soon as we had announced it mil started talking about how poor younger one was having a hard time at school. And SIL said nothing. We then went to tell the neighbours next door to the inlaws and they were so enthusiastic it was just odd. She also made a comment when we went down over a year ago with our puppy and we told her not to hype the dog up as teaching her not to nip at the time and she said wait till you have children there will be lots i will do with them that you won't like and then refused to talk to me for the whole of that day. I just don't think I live up to there expectations.

Had to go to the hospital last night due to reduce movement. As soon as we get there baby starts wriggling. They listened to heartbeat and told me I was to early for the monitor but as we were leaving they said they got it wrong and put me on the monitor. They didn't say anything about the print out they got just said I could go and if I had reduced movement a second time I would need a scan. Anyway this morning got a call to go in for a scan so I didn't question it. I got there and had the scan but it appeared they had my notes mixed up with someone else who had 6 episodes of reduced movement. But I was happy as I got to see baby and know all was ok. Baby hasn't stopped wriggling today at all! I have a very active one so back to being kicked and jabbed but then I was worrying about over movement lol! Ahhh!

Oh gosh, just spotted this thread.

I was here last year, July 2015 mummies...

Enjoy every second ladies, my baby girl is nearly 10 months old and growing up way too fast xx

Bonus scans are always good :) I'm heading into tri 3 on Monday can't believe how quickly times going

That's scary that we r moving to tri three and I am so unorganised. I did a list of everything I still need to buy which makes me feel a little better that I have it clear but still it's a very long list. Have you ladies starting buying nappies etc yet? Do you know what brands u r going for? X

I've bought boots own and pampers so far as they've been on offer will try a few different brands x

We're going to use reusable nappies but have bought some naty organic, biodegradable disposables and water wipes to use initially until we get ourselves sorted. I can't believe tri 3 is just around the corner, our babies will be here in no time, it's so exciting :)
I met with my new Midwife last Thursday, she came to our home and she is lovely She measured my bump and I'm measuring too big, she thinks it's just where the baby is only on the one side so is in an upright position but I have to go for a growth scan and gestational diabetes test on Monday just to make sure! If it is because baby has to be upright I'm assuming he'll be breach, without enough room to turn and I then don't know if my consultant will let me try for a natural birth! Main focus at the moment though is to try and get to 37 weeks.
I wallpapered our bedroom yesterday, I wanted to make it into a relaxing little sanctuary and it looks lovely but I totally overdid it and my sacroiliac joint has been killing me since last night and I can hardly walk! I'm currently in bed stretching it out but I'm definitely going to take it much easier from now on! And we're all done anyway, so I can xx

I wanted to use reusables but can't spend out on them :/ we have cheeky wipes and I've bought some fleece wipes as well to see which I prefer but will use water wipes when out and about xx

Real Nappy Week is coming up so there should be lots of bargains and discounts on cloth. Also, even if you just bought 4 or 5 and used them every other day it will still save you (and the environment) a lot :)

I have cloth, I have all I need now I think.

I bought 5 teenyfits (tots bots) 3 newborn grovia, 6 Bummis prefolds, 5 little lamb bamboo nappies, and 2 new covers (outer wraps for over the prefolds)
Then for when the baby outgrows the newborn nappies (around 12lb) I have some tots bots/frugi Easyfits and some wonderoos. Also have some in my loft from last time (no idea what til I get it down though lol).
And I bought a pack of cheeky wipes and a pack of other cloth wipes by KTboo I think.

hi Lucylu87, i am planning to make a list but the thought of it is depressing. would be really helpful if you could share your list with us. i especially need to know what clothes to buy, home many of each and at what age.

New carpet in babies room has just been fitted... now we r all set to build furniture (ordered cot bed and mattress at weekend) and get organised. So thrilled. Xx

As for list, it's only what I still need.... so not a list of everything ppl need for baby. Bt happy to take a pic and post X

it's ok Lucy, i have managed to make a list! yeeeeeeeeeeeyyy! so relieved. Now just looking for a nice travel system with a car seat base included. i dont plan to use the pram/pushchair much at all but maybe Daddy will.

Unicorn, you are so organized! We still haven't gutted out the room that we want to use for the nursery, let alone put baby stuff in it. I'm thinking I should soon get my butt in gear and buy the essentials, but it's kinda intimidating to know what to buy for your first baby. There are lots of lists online, but they all say different things. My Mum is passed away and my mother-in-law is wonderful but doesn't speak English. So we're a bit on our own! Oi. Time to do my research, I think...time is flying.

I'll take a picture of babies room for you all to laugh at .... We can't even get in there !! I'm not bothering sorting it though till next year as he'll be in with me until the night feeds stop x

Don't worry, it'll all come together! I am very glad to have it all done though, we wanted to get everything ready early as we're not sure how far we'll get but hopefully doing as little as possible now will help baby stay put :) xx

I might be the last woman standing in July Tri 2. But on Sunday I can join everyone in Tri 3. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back