*** February Testing Thread ***

Hey girls :)

This is the first time I've been on a group like this and loving following all your stories and anticipation!

I'm expecting to get my +opk soon, I'm cd14 but usually O around cd20. Is anyone else at a similar stage or using opk's? Do they get gradually darker or just suddenly positive?? I had a positive last month but hadn't done them every month so I know what it looks like :) and is it to late to dtd when you get a positive?? Feeling excited but nervous :D

Got my fingers crossed for all of you and can't wait to see those BFP's!!! Xxxx

I'm going to give it a wing and test on Feb 12th ..... Scary!!!

Mmmm moist chocolate fudge cake. I'm mostly craving for steak right now. Do you ladies eat your steaks well done already?
I'm a semi vegetarian but when I was pregnant with my son I craved meat, loved steak and bacon but normally don't eat either! !! Hope it's a sign for you :)

xxxxxxx

Mmmm moist chocolate fudge cake. I'm mostly craving for steak right now. Do you ladies eat your steaks well done already?

Okay haters might hate but here is goes

I am south african and i will never eat steak well done! And wont be when pregnant. I know the meat i buy comes from a clean sorce

Right every one has 5 min to judge me and then get the hell over it lol

I am south african and i will never eat steak well done! And wont be when pregnant. I know the meat i buy comes from a clean sorce

I think it's something to do with the nutrients or something? For some reason I've got iron in my head? Anyway, it's not like you're going to be eating steak rare every day is it. More to the point, is it a South African thing to not eat well done steak? If so, that's fascinating!

I totally agree with you. Steak has to be rare, medium rare- anything more is really just spoiling it. I did have steak yesterday (medium rare) but was wondering if I was playing with fire. I have a pretty strong stomach so I figured I'll be fine.

What about sushi from a good Japanese restaurant?

Basically with meat it is about the chance of you getting food poisoning not anything els . Beef isnt a high rish food fish is

South africans eat biltong ( dried cured meat) and in our culture if a mum has an iron deficiency they suggest it

No i wont eat it every day but i also wont buy it from a supermarket where its been sitting on a shelf heaven only knows how long , chicken too it sits on the shelf for some time

But the digestive system slows down during pregnancy so red meat is harder to digest so eating loads is probably not the best idea

This will give you grey hair : as a kid ( and there is nothing wrong with me) we use to ear ground beef raw

Okay so i agree i wont eat sushi but her is a question for you : what do you think the japamese ate before this guild line wAs set ? If you look into it the Japanese eat sushi during pregnancy but they stay away from fish with mercury

So what do you thimk about the stout the irish belive in ?

Sorry didnt mean to offend anyone! Just think everyone is entitled to their own views but i am sorry

I'm not offended but I don't really understand the last question. I'm focusing on it cus I'm Irish so want to answer the question but don't understand what you're asking.

Getting the first of two donations this cycle on Sunday. Due to OV on Monday/Tuesday :D
I am excited to test on Valentines Day. Be the best present I could give to OH. That is if I can hold out that long aha!

I hope there is LOADS of February BFP :D
:dust:

Getting the first of two donations this cycle on Sunday. Due to OV on Monday/Tuesday :D
I am excited to test on Valentines Day. Be the best present I could give to OH. That is if I can hold out that long aha!

Knowing me I will be testing every day up until when I should actually be testing!!!

I'm not offended but I don't really understand the last question. I'm focusing on it cus I'm Irish so want to answer the question but don't understand what you're asking.

Some belive in having half a pint of stout for iron and that comes from the Irish just amazing how some culturs have their own views

Fx hun !!!!!

Ooooooooohh how exciting! Wishing you lots and lots of luck!!

Some belive in having half a pint of stout for iron and that comes from the Irish just amazing how some culturs have their own views

That does ring a vague bell as an old wives tale but I can't recall it being given as normal advice in my experience. Not to say it doesn't happen, I've just not heard it actually being said myself. Although, guidelines say it's ok to have a small, occasional drink in pregnancy and stout isn't all that strong but again, not something one would have daily! I think people will eat and drink what they want and rules are made to be broken so my logic would be stricter rules means they only get broken a little bit but no rules means people will do as they please, which of course would be so dangerous when pregnant. Anyway I'm waffling now, it's way past my bedtime!

Last edited:

That does ring a vague bell as an old wives tale but I can't recall it being given as normal advice in my experience. Not to say it doesn't happen, I've just not heard it actually being said myself. Although, guidelines say it's ok to have a small, occasional drink in pregnancy and stout isn't all that strong but again, not something one would have daily! I think people will eat and drink what they want and rules are made to be broken so my logic would be stricter rules means they only get broken a little bit but no rules means people will do as they please, which of course would be so dangerous when pregnant. Anyway I'm waffling now, it's way past my bedtime!

[/QUOTE]

O I wasn't talking about doctors saying it

You are right humans love breaking rules

Night night

Hopefully we wake up to some more symptoms

Hey girls :)

This is the first time I've been on a group like this and loving following all your stories and anticipation!

I'm expecting to get my +opk soon, I'm cd14 but usually O around cd20. Is anyone else at a similar stage or using opk's? Do they get gradually darker or just suddenly positive?? I had a positive last month but hadn't done them every month so I know what it looks like :) and is it to late to dtd when you get a positive?? Feeling excited but nervous :D

Got my fingers crossed for all of you and can't wait to see those BFP's!!! Xxxx

Hi sharcaz!! I'm going to be starting opks next month so new to it but reckon when you get your positive it means you're about to ov, so defo not too late to dtd.... Hope the tww goes quick for you hun and you get your bfp!! X X

Any more symptoms or are we trying not to symptom spot?! I've got a huge headache and haven't been able to shift it since Monday! Rather it be pregnancy related cos then it's worth putting up with than just random headaches lol x

Any more symptoms or are we trying not to symptom spot?! I've got a huge headache and haven't been able to shift it since Monday! Rather it be pregnancy related cos then it's worth putting up with than just random headaches lol x

Is sneezing and a runny nose a symptom?! As since yesterday evening I've been sneezing none stop!! (Cleaner came over a few days ago so defo haven't got a dusty house haha!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back