*****December Babies*****

well,sex and walking around asda has done bugger all!! x

Stay positive lovely. Xxxx

Will post labour and birth story now, sorry it's taken so long!!

Contractions started in earnest about 5pm on 31st dec. They were about 30 secs each and every 5 mins. Eventually I called the labour ward and the on call midwife called back. She came over at 6.30. She examined me and I was 2 cm still. I couldn't believe it as thought I must have been further along than that! I felt stuck at 2cm!! She took my blood pressure & it was high. She stayed with us for a couple of hours monitoring me but eventually said I was to go to hospital.
The contractions had stepped up and felt more serious. I used all the techniques I remembered from daisy birthing and also from NCT classes. The breathing was brilliant!!
Once at the hospital I was shown to an awful room and asked to lay on the bed to be monitored. They monitored baby's heart rate, my bp, my contractions and also my pulse. I was fed up and upset as I saw my active home birth slipping away. They took bloods too which thankfully came back normal. My bp showed it had dropped too and was back in the normal, healthy range. We had made a point of saying we wanted to go back home whenever possible so in the end we were lucky enough to be sent home. We got home about 11.30 pm. The contraction monitoring had shown that my contractions were irregular so we were told to wait until they were about a min long & every 3 mins.
James v kindly phoned the labour ward on numerous occasions for me as I had worries and concerns. The contractions were becoming more painful and I was just using the breathing techniques and the tens machine. The last time James called the hos we asked for the on call mw to come out. This was about 6am. We had done an all nighter on nye!
Miriam, mw, came at 6.30 and stayed to the v end. She was the mw that had been the previous evening. On examination I was 5cm. I felt like this torture was going to be never ending. 13 hours to dilate 3cm! And it was so painful. I was able to use the birthing pool around this point and had just got in when mum turned up after her night shift at 8am. I was in a lot of pain & had moved on to gas & air when Miriam arrived. I had been v sick throughout the labour & the gas & air made it worse.
Eventually I got to the stage where I couldn't use the gas & air as it made me too sick. I had to rely just on my breathing techniques to get me through. This was hard I have to admit but I got through it, until I had to get out the pool. Apparently 4 hours in the pool is too long and I needed to be mobile again. I didn't want to get out at all. I was reaching my limit. I had been asking for a c section throughout!!
Obviously they didn't listen!! I felt deadly serious though! At 12 I had an examination and was 8cm. My waters were still in tact and bulging but my cervix was paper thin. I had decided I would have the pethidine as I didn't know how much longer I could cope. After the pethidine Miriam broke my waters and I felt a huge gush of water. I was lay on our bed at this point on my back so not v comfortable!
I paced with the contractions and went to the toilet a few times. After finishing on the loo, feeling the need to bear down, I said I wanted to go back to the pool however the midwife said she didn't think I would have time to make it there when I suddenly felt this burning sensation. It was cutting right through me. Not long after that my baby girl was born, over our bathroom toilet!!
2.08pm on New Year's Day!

Hope not too much info! Lol!! Xx

Wow!! Crapping myself just a tad more now lol! Xx

Wow!! Crapping myself just a tad more now lol! Xx

You will be absolutely fine hun. If I can do it anyone can! Sorry, didn't mean to put people off or worry anyone!! She is totally worth all the pain!! X

Okay everything is kind of shaved, toes are painted ish, but that was a struggle!
What else can I do to pass the time... X

I want to beat induction so bad :(
I just want my body to start working
I want to cry, I'm sooo scared, I don't want tomorrow to come and I don't want to force my body.
I'm seriously freaking out :(

don't freak out about the induction hun, try and stay chilled. I really didn't want it but actually it wasn't that bad. Yes i did end up with an epidural but i realised very quickly that there were bigger things to worry about than the birth. I wanted and had imagined my lovely home birth, birthing pool, daisy birthing breathing, just as Bliss described, only it wasn't meant to be. once I accepted that it was actually easier. Once i decided that whatever happened I'd go into the mlu and maybe my next baby would allow me to have a home birth. I have nothing to compare the induction too but what ever it feels like you get through it. I did have an epidural in the end but actually got to 8cm on my own. If you want to wait a few days more before being induced talk tot hem. I was offered that option, going in for daily monitoring and then having a birth in mlu at term plus 15-17 depening on when he turned up, but then a scan said there wasn't much fluid left so the decision was taken out of our hands. bubs is coming soon, however, I promise xxx

Thank you dysco.
I think I was always going to have this panic, I've always been terrified and in denial when it comes to labour. I guess if I'd have gone naturally it might have been easy psychologically, it's the knowing it starts tomorrow along with the usual stories if it being more painful etc.
I'm my own worst enemy, and get myself so worked up but I just gave to remember I've been through equally stressful situations with that bloody abscess and came out the other side.
You're right, no matter what happens I'm coming out with a baby!!!
Xxxxxxx

you will be fine, try and relax tonight, enjoy your last night of freedom!! we did on our last night and it was lovely to have a calm quiet dinner, i had half a glass of wine, and we watched a movie. special time for us before bubs arrived! you'll be fab and if bubs is ok and you dont want to be induced talk to them about your options xx

Bliss days what a great birth story sounds like you did brilliantly Hun x

Christy try not to worry sweetie you will be fine! As dysco says if you really don't want induction can you ask them to leave you a few more days? You are "only" (don't want to minimise this as must be awful) 7 days over tomorrow and often induction isn't until 10 or 12 days over x

Thank you dysco.
I think I was always going to have this panic, I've always been terrified and in denial when it comes to labour. I guess if I'd have gone naturally it might have been easy psychologically, it's the knowing it starts tomorrow along with the usual stories if it being more painful etc.
I'm my own worst enemy, and get myself so worked up but I just gave to remember I've been through equally stressful situations with that bloody abscess and came out the other side.
You're right, no matter what happens I'm coming out with a baby!!!
Xxxxxxx

bless ya

trust me when i say this, when labour kicks in youll be cool as a cucumber and panic wont even enter your mind.
All through pregnancy i was terrified of labour to the point i would die in child birth and started with bad panic attacks that put me in hospital :( for sending my heart rate sky high into svt! ive had counselling to prepare me and calm the panic but trust me when i say its normal to know you have to do it and feel this way. Labour isnt what you expect it to be, its very manageable, its not like a constant tooth ache, its a pain that comes up in waves and goes off in waves, and when its gone your body returns to normal ready for the next one. i went for an epidural so it didnt stress me out and bring panic/anxiety however i did end up in svt, lost 1100mls of blood end up on hdu and was poorly but at the time u dont think of it as all your concentrations are within your baby and your soo in love xxxxx i also went into labour 12hrs before my induction lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back