• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chartstalkers: June 2008

Hi ladies :wave: How is everyone?

I am back in work after almost 3 weeks off :( To be honest though it will be nice to get back to normality, I have eaten so much rubbish over the last week or so and Ive been drinking almost every night (there is no way I could be pregnant otherwise I wouldnt do that). I feel really sluggish now though and my skin is awful, so I am back on the diet today and drinking lots of water.

I had my blood tests on Weds, the day 21 progesterone and FSH etc. I presume I am going to get my results on Weds, but when I call what exactly should I ask? I have no idea what is good or bad, and no doubt the Receptionist will just give me some numbers or speak way above my head. Has anyone got any advice for me? :?

Hi Loola!! :wave: It's terrible being out of your routine isn't it. Every weekend I end up dying of thirst by Sunday afternoon because I don't drink nearly enough. At work I'm up every 30 mins for a drink. Not because I'm healthy - just bored! :lol:

When I had my 1st day 21 test done it came back 9. It should've been between 30-80 to be considered normal and show ovulation. According to my doc. But FF showed I had clearly ov'd not that he listened to that. :roll: I hope the one I had last week is considerably better!!!

Thanks Trudy. I know what to look out for now :)

Don't quote me! I've been looking on the web and there are so many different answers. Some say as low as 10 is ok??? I think Kitty knows a bit about levels.

Its ok hun! I have now read a few places that said above 30 was normal. I found something interesting as well saying that if you only have a short luteal phase then your progesterone levels will be lower when you have your blood tests so perhaps thats why yours was quite low Trudy? Hopefully now that your luteal phase is longer your progesterone results wil be higher.

A blood test will also verify whether a sufficient level of progesterone exists in order to maintain a sufficient luteal phase. The luteal phase begins the day after ovulation and lasts 12 to 16 days, during which time progesterone levels rise in order to provide a fertile environment for the egg.

Trudy I think that the American measurement is 10 and over - they use a different calculation to us over here - when I had my progesterone checked they wanted to see 30 + for ovulation and mine was 18.6!! The ironic thing was it was in October and I was actually pregnant at the time but none of us knew that the baby was growing in my stomach so I had obviously ovulated.......

Me too. I'm suprised at all the things that doctors don't know. On one of the sites it said the luteal phase is always 14 days!!!:x

I didn't realise a shorter LP meant a lower level. That's one less worry for me. Thanks Loola!!

reallyoldmum said:
Trudy I think that the American measurement is 10 and over - they use a different calculation to us over here - when I had my progesterone checked they wanted to see 30 + for ovulation and mine was 18.6!! The ironic thing was it was in October and I was actually pregnant at the time but none of us knew that the baby was growing in my stomach so I had obviously ovulated.......

Thanks ROM. That's cleared up the confusion!

I know this will sound silly but Id rather there be a problem with me than Mike. This is because I know I will have more motivation to get stuff sorted than he will and If there is a problem with his swimmers then Im going to have to nag him about his eating and drinking more than ever which is no good for our relationship at all. If there has been a problem with me all along, I wont be too upset as long as medication can help of course. :)

I know what you mean. All I asked Phil to do was take some zinc (which would have been good for his rubbish immune system as well) He couldn't even manage that. :roll:

I don't know anything about the levels and they never told me mine - I will ask them when I go for mine again! It is bad when you realise how little some doctors know :x

I've got Rich taking zinc but it takes lots of reminding!!! There are a couple of nurses at work though who nag him too :lol:

Still no sign of AF - does anyone know when you're supposed to come on after taking provera?

Well AF has arrived for me again, no surprises really as we didnt BD before or around ovulation this time. FF says I only had a luteal phase of 11 days this time, I think it was 12, as I think I ovulated the day before FF says, so Im not too worried. I am doing an experiment next month. I want to BD every 3 days for the entire month and see if that works for us for a while, with no OPKs or charting, going it blind so to speak. I will still be keeping an eye on my CM though, as it has been sparse lately, so I want to improve that if I can. :)

Ah sorry hun. :hug: at least your being positive. Mine looks like it's on her way, started to spot today. :cry: I'd hoped to be pg before my EDD but it's not to be. At least I've got my scan next week so will hopefully get some answers to this pain.

Oh Trudy hun, I am sorry :hug: I really hope your scan next week sheds some light on whats happening. Doctors are really crap arent they, I think they lose all ability to empathise with people after being a Dr for a while. Not all Dr's obviously.

I really dont think a lot of people understand how hard it is when you have been trying for a baby for a long time, just not knowing how you can help yourself and no-one seems willing to help you either. Getting pregnant is so easy for some people that they cannot comprehend what it is like when its just not happening for you. I hate feeling like Im being a 'silly woman' all the time, worrying about nothing as it will happen eventually :roll:

Thanks Loola. :hug: I think I'm going to do what you are next month. Every other three days and every other day around OV. I'll see if a month off helps.

Thinking of you Loola and Trudy :hug: :hug: :hug:

One of my 'friends' is pregnant again and she just says relax and it will happen :x :wall:

I'm still waiting for AF!

I hope it comes soon Polly. I hate when people say that. It's not like we walk around constantly stressed about not being pg. My SIL is the most stressed and nervy person I know. She managed to have 3 kids!

LOL couldnt you just slap all the people who say that to you - of course all the bloody busybodies are now saying to us see we told you to relax and it happened!!! I feel like shouting Bollocks at them :D it happened because I eventually had a bloody period.......

Keep your chin up ladies - I think bedding every 3 days is a great idea, sort of keep yourself permanently topped up so to speak :D

Anyone have any idea how Sookie is doing?

No I havent heard from Sookie, I was wondering how she was doing.

HOPE YOU ARE OK SOOOKIE!!! :D :lol:

I was wondering that! I looked at her chart yesterday to see if there was any change. I hope this silence means she got her BFP and it's taking time to sink in. :pray: :pray:

And Kitty. Hope you're okay too hun!
:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back