Chartstalkers -- December 08

Hi sorry to butt in, just wanted to say when I came off the pill 2 years ago, my first period after my last pill was about 67 days after!! So you may need to be a little patient :)

Well, can much more go wrong! My thermometer packed up this morning. Seems the battery has nearly died BUT I only realised because it bleeped so quick this morning, has seemed to bleep quite quick the last few days so instead of nodding back off till the snooze wet off on me clock, I turned the lamp on and read it straight away and it was flashing (it shouldn't flash)and said 36.1, no way. I turned it off and back on and it crashed. Left it 10 and tried again and it bleeped within 5 seconds 36.2 then crashed again. It normally takes around a minute! So I'm now thinking that maybe my temp hasn't been so damn low the last few days and my thermometer has just been playing up. (heres hoping anyway) Does anyone know where to get one on the quick instead of ebay. Had a look in Boots and superdrug and couldn't get one.
Talk about :wall: :doh:

Oh lord - sorry to hear that, Donna! I'd try Argos, maybe, or even Tesco?

I was so surprised by my low temps that I tested my thermometer a couple days ago against a mercury one just to check it, and was rather disappointed when it turned out to be correct! lol I'm hoping my body's stopped messing me around now and is actually going to cooperate this time, but if it doesn't happen soon, I'm not going to be able to test until Jan!!

Thanks Melissa, off to Tescos now to try and get one. Think I may be hoping a little too much that the thermometer was at fault though.
Fingers crossed your on a dip before ovulation hun. Our charts look a little too similar this month! (if you take of my huge spike of course :wink: )

Sorry to hear you're having a messed up cycle Donna! It stinks not knowing where you are especially if it turns out the thermometer has been lying to you all this time!! :wall: have you been bd'ing regularly at least? I guess if you get a new thermometer now you would know if you have ovulated or not because your temperature would be high :pray:

I got my digital thermometer from ebay (babymad) for £6 and i received it in 24h! i'm really happy with it and find it better and more accurate than the one i had before from Boots.
Good luck hun :hug:

melissa5317 said:
Oh lord - sorry to hear that, Donna! I'd try Argos, maybe, or even Tesco?

I was so surprised by my low temps that I tested my thermometer a couple days ago against a mercury one just to check it, and was rather disappointed when it turned out to be correct! lol I'm hoping my body's stopped messing me around now and is actually going to cooperate this time, but if it doesn't happen soon, I'm not going to be able to test until Jan!!

Sorry to hear you're also having a crap cycle Melissa! it could be stress-related you know, you must be like me, when i want something badly i just can't stop thinking about it! i know it's hard to do but try to relax and not worry much about it. I hope your cycle will fix itself very soon and that you'll be testing and getting a BFP before the end of this year :hug:

Hi sorry to butt in, just wanted to say when I came off the pill 2 years ago, my first period after my last pill was about 67 days after!! So you may need to be a little patient

Yeah this period took roughy 3 months to come but everything seems to be back on track now!

:D

xx

Yay - welcome! How are you finding the book? I adored it and read it twice to make sure I got everything (but I'm a dork like that). :lol:

Are your periods always so long?

Donna,

Do you think your crap thermometer might have been giving you false readings when the batteries were running out?

Becs x :think: :pray:

Cyprus08 said:
Hi Donna, Just read the book 'Taking charge of your fertility' as not sure Im ovulating. Just started out on the whole temping business but is it ok to join the thread please xx
Hi Cyprus :wave: welcome aboard hun. Any questions just shout. I haven't read that book, should really.

Becs said:
Donna,

Do you think your crap thermometer might have been giving you false readings when the batteries were running out?

Becs x :think: :pray:
I do really hope so. I couldn't get a thermometer anywhere today so ordered one off ebay. My fault, it was a year old and Melissa did say a while back on a different thread about batteries running out, should of changed it then. But fingers crossed it was the thermomter and not my body this month. See what happens come the 25th :pray:

Just updated myself on you all!!

we do seem to be in the wars... :hug: :hug:

bodies are a strange thing, cant live with them and cant live without them!! LOL

Oh and welcome shaunie_louise and Cyprus. :wave:

quick question girlies.... i went to the toilet today (after feeling wet down below) to find a big blob of stretchy clear/cloudy CM. im not due to OV tell the end of the week, what do you think it could be.

i did an OPK and got a faint line, does that mean OV is on its way or is a faint line a negative??

Hey everyone :wave:

My temp has gone up dramatically today!

Will someone take a look at my chart please and tell me whether I should be BD'ing like a rabbit!?!?!?

Thanks xxx

lilly said:
quick question girlies.... i went to the toilet today (after feeling wet down below) to find a big blob of stretchy clear/cloudy CM. im not due to OV tell the end of the week, what do you think it could be.

i did an OPK and got a faint line, does that mean OV is on its way or is a faint line a negative??

Hi Lilly! i don't think you're ovulating yet but it shouldn't be far away. I do get cloudy CM which comes in blobs sometimes right before getting the EWCM which should be thin, transparent and quite stretchy...so watch out closely for this one!
I am not sure about the faint line on OPK as they never worked for me! they say the line should be as dark or darker than the control line when you are about to ovulate (24 to 36 hours) but i never did even last month when i ovulated!

I looked at your chart and your temperature seems a bit higher than usual, have you been taking it every day at the same time lately?

shaunie_louise said:
Hey everyone :wave:

My temp has gone up dramatically today!

Will someone take a look at my chart please and tell me whether I should be BD'ing like a rabbit!?!?!?

Thanks xxx

Hi shaunie_louise! you're right, that's quite a high jump! has your thermometer gone mad as well or has Donna lent you hers? :lol:

I honestly don't know why but i would start bd'ing every other day if i were you to make sure you dont miss your ovulation.

Good luck hun :hug:

:wave: everyone!
donna: my bet is on your thermometer being responsible for your low temps. Have been watching the temp on mine while its in my mouth (going cross eyed :lol: ) and it starts at the lowest temp and goes up slowly- the higher the temp the longer it takes. if the batteries are running out it is likely it is only reaching a low temp before giving the reading. fingers crossed for you- can't wait to see some temps from the new thermometer!

melissa: :hug: your so knowledgeable- you shouldn't be having trouble!!!! :pray: for a definate ovulation soon.

Lilly: i have used opks (internet cheapies) for 2 months now and both times i had no 2nd line all through cycle except faint line on day before ovulation, darker line on day (but not quite as dark as control line (only tested 1 a day think i missed the surge) and a faint line day after ovulation. may not be the same for your but i would be at it like rabbis! good luck!

shaunie louise: good luck with your first month of charting! i came of pill in june 4 months without af then a 41 day cycle and last one was 37 so seem to be getting back to normal -hope you are too! can't believe how much it messes our bodies up!

becs, holly, cyprus: :wave:

cori, waterlillie: we are all on day 3 of new cycles can't believe you both have only a weekish to wait for ovulation whilst i have prob 3 weeks- ovulation envy :evil: !!! your so lucky!!

think thats everyone!!!!

puds said:
i would be at it like rabbis!
obviously you should be at it like rabbits no rabbi's- rabbi's would just be stupid- not sure how rabbi's get at it exactly but i would stick to rabbits. :lol:

think i will be previewing messages b4 submitting from now on! :oops:
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back