Chartstalkers -- January 2009

roseanimal said:
bored? fancy planning an entire lifeskills program for me then?
nah think i'll pass!! have had such a busy month- i'm a self employed accountant and have had to do so many tax returns this month as everyone leaves it till the last minute! submitted the last 2 this morning so i officially have my life back (or not as it seems :lol: )!!
xxx

puds said:
roseanimal said:
bored? fancy planning an entire lifeskills program for me then?
nah think i'll pass!! have had such a busy month- i'm a self employed accountant and have had to do so many tax returns this month as everyone leaves it till the last minute! submitted the last 2 this morning so i officially have my life back (or not as it seems :lol: )!!
xxx
:shakehead: fine then!! just as well I jut found a huuuge thing online with a list of all the things to do with them :D :rotfl: i'll use it to bribe myself a proper job! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Bloody hell, you ladies have been busy today! :lol:

Dammit, Holly...my eyeball is in the oven. :rotfl: Oh, but a guy using one of those opks actually would probably show up positive because guys have LH as well - it's what helps them make testosterone! Maybe make him do one anyway just to freak him out. :lol:

I have to say, I'm not liking these babymad ones either. It's the first month I've used them, and they're giving me all kinds of false hope. I haven't had a positive yet, but they've been borderline several days already since the start of the month, so I'm not buying them anymore. The ones from fertilityplan were much more reliable, had the mIU measurement on the pack, and they have more sensitivities than babymad, who apparently only do 25mIU.

Rose Anne, I agree with Puds; I'd go with the 4:15 one. Even though it's early, when you finally did take your temp you hadn't been asleep properly or for long enough.

Erm...I'm sure there was more I wanted to say, but there was so much to read I can't remember it all! lol

Oh yeah - Louise, welcome! I'll add you in a sec.

thanks. put the first one up

does anyone know why there would be such a huge drop though?

puds said:
mel: i've kind of given up on my chart too i must say! quick question is pcos hereditary? found out yesterday my nan had a cyst on her ovary and had to have a hysterectomy which has now worried me even more!! feeling more like 'if' rather than 'when' now! :( have u been to ur gp recently?

xx

That WAS an impressive novel, Puds! :lol: Yes, PCOS can be hereditary. At least, the gene that causes it is hereditary, but how your mother behaved (what she ate) while you were a fetus has a lot to do with whether or not it develops in you. My mother, I have it on good authority, was hooked on sugary foods (i.e. Mars bars) while she was pregnant with me, which could be why I have it so nasty now. I'd never tell her that, tho, b/c I don't want to make her feel guilty! I don't go to my gp about the PCOS because she'd want to put me on drugs that I don't want to go on. If it goes on too long, I'll go in and have bloods done, but I don't really see the point, tbh. I already know what's wrong with me.

Don't let the fact that your nan had a hysterectomy because of an ovarian cyst worry you; that seems like an extreme measure. Do you know how long ago that was? If it was any more than a decade or so ago, it's possible/probable that that's the only way they knew to keep her from getting ovarian cancer. Just make sure you get checked out as much as possible. :hug: :hug: :hug: You could maybe ask, because of the family history, if you are eligible for yearly smear tests. I get them yearly on the NHS because I had an abnormal smear back when I was living in the US and had to go in for a colposcopy. Might as well get what we're paying for with all these NI taxes! :lol:

melissa - any idea what's going on with your cycle?

hope you're ok puds. don't worry too much - sure it's very rarely that stage.

thanks for addin me melissa. my temps are up and down dont have a clue what im lookin for haha.x

Hi Everyone!
Well ive finally added ff today, took my temp this morning (was very excited- woke up oh to tell him i was temping- lol)
Ive set up ff but to be honest i have no idea what im looking for.....? Ive been looking at everyone elses (officially a stalker) and my temp seems high- have i done something wrong?
I think ive a lot to learn.... :rotfl:

melissa5317 said:
Dammit, Holly...my eyeball is in the oven. :rotfl: Oh, but a guy using one of those opks actually would probably show up positive because guys have LH as well - it's what helps them make testosterone! Maybe make him do one anyway just to freak him out. :lol:

I have to say, I'm not liking these babymad ones either. It's the first month I've used them, and they're giving me all kinds of false hope. I haven't had a positive yet, but they've been borderline several days already since the start of the month, so I'm not buying them anymore. The ones from fertilityplan were much more reliable, had the mIU measurement on the pack, and they have more sensitivities than babymad, who apparently only do 25mIU.

put it back in! quick! or.. if it's too crustified i'd suggest some ketchup, or mustard maybe ? might make it taste a little nicer; personally i would have boiled it :wink: :rotfl:

i am going to bin my babymad ones as i am quite annoyed at all the +OPK's and the bad reviews of them!
i'm going to still temp next cycle and see if i do indeed OV around CD21/22 and if i do indeed i won't bother with OPKS; if i don't then i might take a look at the fertilityplan ones mel, see how they go.

puds said:
rose: personally i would disregard them both as there is such a big difference who knows which ones most accurate. hopefully 2moros temp may give an indication on whether it is likely to have been high or low.

holly: sorry for ur bfn hun but at least u know now :hug: i agree u seem to be ovulating at the same sort of time so theres no point stressing urself out over opks for no reason. ur still in with a chance this month though as spermies can last a long time! :lol: aren't u more likely to have a girl if u bd early- donna will know!

i'm not holding my breath this month; especially as i've had a hot water bottle and a heat pad strapped to my tummy tonight as i've had really bad, doubling over in pain cramps; i think the lovely little 'uns at work have given me the stomache bug.

i'm guessing the heat will have frazzled anything that might have been going on in there ?

not meaning to sound rude or like i don't care but if it has then i won't know really will i and secondly i have been in so much pain with the cramps that it did cross my mind the extreme heat on that area but i really did not care, i went out shopping and sorry for TMI but i spent 20minutes sitting on a manky shopping center loo because i felt like my insides were about to explode! nothing actually came out but everytime i stood up from being curled over the toilet i had the feeling that it was all going to come gushing out :oops: :lol: was not nice.

how we all doing then? i am missing you already! :wave:

well i have not been temping the last couple of dys i am not sure if i should :doh:

and i dont know what is going on with hubby, he is sex mad today! bloody typical isnt it! i wonder if it is due to "not" (said lightly) ttc but he said it isnt just that he has now finished nights but i am sure i am too far past O (if it happened) for it to have been of any use other than fun

anyway i will be keeping up my chart (so i dont feel left out) this is going to be a long few months :cry:

Hi Girls, just a quickie!! wasn't on last night as we went out and off to work in a mo but will be on later for proper stalk and catch up. Found the bit on ff to add symptoms etc so feel free to have a look and let me know what you all reckon x x

Puds - thanks for that had a quick read and it makes sense they would tell me 13th as like you say it's first cycle on ff. Thought your post was really good, I would have to sit with pen and paper to do all that!!!

OH out tonight yeah whole night on the forum cool!!! What a saddo I am, but I love it on here! :rotfl:

Right catch you all later bye x x x x x x

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: FF thinks I ovulated!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: (although i took my temp much later than i should have but we did the dance at 3.30 after i temped - was going to get up then realised the time so did something else and went back to sleep :rotfl: - and it was still above the cover line then when i changed it to that on ff to check)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: hooray! :pray: my temps stay high and ff doesn't change its mind!!

ok. just checked my cm - clear and wet but very scarce - not sure if it's ew enough. cp - couldn't find it, think i may have touched it witht the tip of my nail but I can very rarely find anything up there anyway :roll: :oops:

roseanimal said:
AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: FF thinks I ovulated!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: (although i took my temp much later than i should have but we did the dance at 3.30 after i temped - was going to get up then realised the time so did something else and went back to sleep :rotfl: - and it was still above the cover line then when i changed it to that on ff to check)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: hooray! :pray: my temps stay high and ff doesn't change its mind!!

ok. just checked my cm - clear and wet but very scarce - not sure if it's ew enough. cp - couldn't find it, think i may have touched it witht the tip of my nail but I can very rarely find anything up there anyway :roll: :oops:

:cheer: :cheer: I hope your temps stay high :pray:

I have also found the babymad opks bad! I keep getting lines (no positives though :roll: ...unless I take Wednesdays as a + :think: as it was only a little darker then control line :think: I should of taken a pic :doh:

Morning ladies :wave:
Glad to see your all doing ok
Holly, hope you feel better soon hun :hug:
Rose :cheer: About time too!!

Sorry not been around for a couple of days. Had too much going on here with my step children, things arnt good at their home, looks like I might be having one coming to stay :shock:

Shall have a good stalk later and catch up properly, just didnt want to not post again. xxxxxxx

thanks donna!! does my cp sound about right for oving even though i haven't much cm?

My temp dropped this morning :cheer: That means it's going up and down like it should do, not up and up and up. What do you reckon? Does it look like I'm having a normal cycle this month?

yay! I think that looks normal but I'm not really the oracle on these things!

I went to the loo earlier and when i wiped i got some blood - quite dark but only a little bit - looked like ewcm with same texture red blob (although very small) inside it. any ideas what that might mean? reckon i actually ovd before i started charting and af is on her way?

Rose, you had EWCM on CD73 and a dip on CD74. I wonder why FF didn't put your ov day down for CD74? :think: Sorry if this has been brought up already, I haven't read every post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back