• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chartstalkers -- January 2009

right i've had a good stalk- too much time on my hands :lol: so here it is!!!!

Roseanimal: :lol: ur dh comment about bding everyday now made me laugh- then i immediately looked at ur chart and blimey u 2 have been at it like rabbits!!! :lol: u can let him know it is very impressive!! :lol:
as for which temp to use i am not sure. :think: i would probably either put in the 1 at ur normal time and make a note in the box or disregard them both. as u wouldn't have had 3hrs sleep the 2nd 1 wont be very accurate and the earlier 1 was too early. when i first started charting i would wake every few hrs to see if it was time to chart yet! its just habbit now!

Holly- Please be pregnant for the sake of mels eyeball! :rotfl: don't know what we'd do without her here!! ur chart does look like uv ovulated but as u said i wouldn't expect to see +tive opks after u ov. hopefully temps are just rising cos ur pregnant. I sooooo can't wait to see ur test result!! :pray:

Louf - as this is ur first chart on ff it will give u a day for testing 18 days after u ov as it will not know ur luteal phase- this is just so u get an accurate result. If ur temp is still high 13dpo (7th) i would recommend u test then as it will be pretty accurate by then. good luck!!

Louisec- :wave: glad to see uv joined our family!! as louf said make sure u are temping at the exact same time each day after at least 3 hrs sleep without doing anything else first to get accurate temps. even talking will affect the accuracy. it'll soon become 2nd nature!

Baby brigsy- Hi hun! :wave: are u giggly today??!! i've got opk envy of holly too- i have got through about 90 opks since last october and i have had a grand total of 2 almost positives!! no where near as dark as hollys. Opks will show up positive if u are pregnant but a pregnancy test will not show up positive if u are ovulating if that makes sense?!! the darkness of hollys line- she got 2 be pregnant! (either that or she has strange wee :lol: )

Cori- Hope u have a better cycle this month hun. ur temps do appear to be following the same pattern as last month unfortunately. :pray: for a lower temp 2moro. If u get another month the same make sure u go see ur gp hun- at least u can show them ur charts so they may know whats happening. :hug:

Lilly- Thats the only cp i've not been to. have fun- looks like u may even get snow!! still have fingers- and legs :lol: crossed for u hun (let me know when i can uncross them though as i may need them in a few days!)

Puddin- start temping now hun. it doesn't matter what calander day it is. From the temp u should generally be able to tell whether u have ov yet this cycle. As ur cycles are likely to be long and irregular it will help u understand what is going on. Any questions just ask. :hug:

A+J- u'll soon get the hang of charting don't be afraid to ask questions. :hug:

waterlilie- :pray: for early ovulation for u hun.

wanting1- normally ur temperature will dip the day before ovulation before rising to a higher set of temps. The temperature rise will be seen after ovulation. Post ovulation temps for me are usually 36.5 plus but its different for everyone. From looking at ur temps i would say u havn't ovulated yet. being ill or stressed can delay ovulation so keep bding!

sarafet - found this on ff: If your temperatures seem to be around the same level all the time, the culprit is usually your thermometer. Even when you are taking your temperature at the same time, following all the guidelines, there is usually some fluctuation in temperatures. Your first step is to check your thermometer's battery or get a new thermometer. If your temperatures are still flat, and/or show no sign of a biphasic (ovulatory) pattern when you would expect them to, this is something to ask your doctor about if it happens for a few cycles. thought it may help.

mel: i've kind of given up on my chart too i must say! quick question is pcos hereditary? found out yesterday my nan had a cyst on her ovary and had to have a hysterectomy which has now worried me even more!! feeling more like 'if' rather than 'when' now! :( have u been to ur gp recently?

finally good luck to donna, lilly, mrsmetal and louf all in the 2ww :pray: for some chartstalkers bfps!! and a special :pray: for holly- hope u solve the mystery of the positive opks soon hun.

right - where do i collect my award for longest post ever? :lol:

xx

puds said:
Holly- Please be pregnant for the sake of mels eyeball! :rotfl: don't know what we'd do without her here!! ur chart does look like uv ovulated but as u said i wouldn't expect to see +tive opks after u ov. hopefully temps are just rising cos ur pregnant. I sooooo can't wait to see ur test result!! :pray:

i told mel to take it back but she didn't listen!

Hi holly, found this:

The presence of two lines on an OPK, where it's not a positive because the test line is fainter than the reference line, is common and does not mean that you have elevated hormone levels. Many women ALWAYS get two lines, even after O. The only issue would be if you were getting a ++OPK (meaning the test line is the same darkness or darker than the reference line) more than just a couple of days in a month because that could signal elevated LH levels.

hopefully a preg test will show up positive for u at the weekend but if it doesn't maybe a trip to ur gp for some blood tests may be a good idea. fingers still crossed for u though!!
xx

thanks for that Puds :hug:

here is yesterdays OPK though which FF is now saying was 2DPO

11w4i7c.jpg

excuse my poor paint skills! :oops:

the reference line is line 1; the test line is line 2.
my test line is darker than the reference line.. and this is at 2DPO.

going to do another OPK in a few minutes and see what it says.
i got my HPT ebay chapies this morning; am behaving and trying to wait until tomorrow morning to use one *sits on hands*

it is all very strange! :think:
if u are pregnant u will all ready be very 'late' and would be able to test at any time of the day to get an accurate result - and this is not me urging u to test- ok well it is but it is only if u are testing early u need to use first morning urine.
if u do get a negative hpt though and yet another positive opk today i really think u should make an appointment with gp as it sounds like u may have a hormonal problem- either that or dodgy opks- have u used the same brand before?
xxx

Hello ladies :wave:

Puds...your post! woww i'm impressed!! I actually didn't have to do any stalking as your post nicely summarised everyone's chart! thanks for that hun :hug:

ooh i did stalk your chart though and your temp has been stable for few days!! this is in most cases followed by a nice rise so i bet you will ovulate before Monday! :cheer:

Holly, i am puzzled at your OPKs! do you by any chance use Baby mad ones? i'm asking because i used them and i don't recall getting a negative test through my whole cycle! they were never dark but there was always a visible line which was driving me crazy that's why i am not using them anymore!

But it's true that you can get positive OPKs if you are pregnant so here's hoping! :pray:

Do you have any symptoms at all?

hi waterlilie!! :wave:
yep my temps seem to have sorted themselves out just when i don't want to ovulate!! used the thrush treatment last night so not going to bd for a few days- although if i do get a postive opk i may be tempted to anyway- not sure how it will affect it :think: won't think about it too much as knowing my body temps will start going crazy again 2moro!!

think holly is using the babymad ones as i noticed the packet in her pic- just did a little research and found a few negative comments about babymad :

I ordered these ov sticks after reading the auction about fda and ce approved bla bla bla.
When they reached here, they were mispelled on the packet as being "Ovultaion test"
Also, if the print can be put on by any1, so can the CE stickers.

Now to me that aint very professional, if you went to boots and got them or clear blue and they were spelled wrong,would you trust them?

I also got a few other things from there, a bbt thermometer for one and that had been inscribed with the babymad logo saying bbt thermometer when actually its a normal family digital thermometer for when your being sick going by the packaging and instructions. Says nowt about being an actual bbt.

holly- maybe u should try a different brand?

xxx

oh no puds that's really bad luck! bloody preseed!! :evil:

what kind of treatment are you using? i read that the majority of over-the counter creams are safe to use while TTC, the only problem is that sperm might find it a little hard to swim through so you might want to use just a little bit. :D

puds said:
I ordered these ov sticks after reading the auction about fda and ce approved bla bla bla.
When they reached here, they were mispelled on the packet as being "Ovultaion test"

Now to me that aint very professional, if you went to boots and got them or clear blue and they were spelled wrong,would you trust them?

I also got a few other things from there, a bbt thermometer for one and that had been inscribed with the babymad logo saying bbt thermometer when actually its a normal family digital thermometer for when your being sick going by the packaging and instructions. Says nowt about being an actual bbt.

xxx

I couldn't agree more! they are rubbish. Here is a picture of my tests from November when i first used them. I kept getting positives every day! also i noticed the tests were not similar, the 3 in the middle are shorter and the control line (the top one) is not as dark as the tests on the left and right! I was glad when i used the last one and have just ordered new ones from sme fertility, i hope they are better.

3509e1v.jpg

bloody preseed indeed!! i asked the pharmacist and she said the creams were ok but not the tablet. she gave me the canasteen pack which has 1 internal applicator (which i used last night) and an external cream to use twice a day for a week. i suppose we ought to not bd for a week to make sure it clears up. we'll see!
xx

hopefully the sme fertility ones work for u. last 2 cycles i didn't get a 2nd line at all from them until day b4 ov. this cycle as its a long one iv been getting visible but faint lines most days but they are clearly not positive.
xxx

Well, it hasn't dropped, but it hasn't gone up either :cheer:

Rose, last month it kept rising from the beginning because I was actually due on again when I'd finished my period and didn't realize it.

Thanks puds. Yeah, if the same thing happens, I will see the doctor about it.

puds said:
Roseanimal: :lol: ur dh comment about bding everyday now made me laugh- then i immediately looked at ur chart and blimey u 2 have been at it like rabbits!!! :lol: u can let him know it is very impressive!! :lol:
as for which temp to use i am not sure. :think: i would probably either put in the 1 at ur normal time and make a note in the box or disregard them both. as u wouldn't have had 3hrs sleep the 2nd 1 wont be very accurate and the earlier 1 was too early. when i first started charting i would wake every few hrs to see if it was time to chart yet! its just habbit now!
xx

:oops: :oops: that was before he said that! :oops:
the first one was a total typo - meant 4.15 2 hours early :wall: :doh: it's too early to type stuff before work!! I get all confused and my fingers don't work...

thanks for the advice.

it's just such a massive drop in the space of a couple hours! should i still disregard it?

puds said:
yep my temps seem to have sorted themselves out just when i don't want to ovulate!! used the thrush treatment last night so not going to bd for a few days- although if i do get a postive opk i may be tempted to anyway- not sure how it will affect it :think: won't think about it too much as knowing my body temps will start going crazy again 2moro!!

think holly is using the babymad ones as i noticed the packet in her pic- just did a little research and found a few negative comments about babymad :

xxx

OH told me to do a HPT earlier because he reasoned like you, i'd be about 7/8weeks so i did and it was BFN.

now reading this i'm thinking it's the OPK's that are dodgy and not me!
i think it's safe to say i'm through with OPK's right now.

last month i OV on CD22 this month on CD21 so i think next cycle i'll just make sure i BD CD21, CD22, CD23 and CD24 to cover myself and see what happens.

thanks everyone for putting up with me and my many +OPK's! haha.

:think: i should get my OH to do one and see what happens :rotfl: anyone interested in what the outcome might be ? maybe he's ovulating too!

rose: personally i would disregard them both as there is such a big difference who knows which ones most accurate. hopefully 2moros temp may give an indication on whether it is likely to have been high or low.

holly: sorry for ur bfn hun but at least u know now :hug: i agree u seem to be ovulating at the same sort of time so theres no point stressing urself out over opks for no reason. ur still in with a chance this month though as spermies can last a long time! :lol: aren't u more likely to have a girl if u bd early- donna will know!
holly said:
i should get my OH to do one and see what happens anyone interested in what the outcome might be ? maybe he's ovulating too!
i'm up for that- anyone testing is a result! :lol: he'll prob get a positive but if i tried one it would probably be a dead as a dodo NEGATIVE!!! :wall:

xx

holly said:
puds said:

xxx

OH told me to do a HPT earlier because he reasoned like you, i'd be about 7/8weeks so i did and it was BFN.

now reading this i'm thinking it's the OPK's that are dodgy and not me!
i think it's safe to say i'm through with OPK's right now.

last month i OV on CD22 this month on CD21 so i think next cycle i'll just make sure i BD CD21, CD22, CD23 and CD24 to cover myself and see what happens.

thanks everyone for putting up with me and my many +OPK's! haha.

:think: i should get my OH to do one and see what happens :rotfl: anyone interested in what the outcome might be ? maybe he's ovulating too!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant holly i'd be more than interested!!!

can't think of any better way to involve our other halves in the TTC process!! :rotfl:

sorry it was a BFN :hug: better luck next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back