August 2020 Mummies

Aww they say you do start earlier if had children before or if twins so great you are feeling them. It is just such a lovely feeling the small flutters. I just feel something. Not kicks or anything yet but hope too within next month.

Lucky you able to hide with jumper I would love a tidy bump xxx

Yeh it has its benefits :) I was on my way to hospital to have my first and the man on the plane next to me had no clue as I had a big jumper on, it was only after turbulence and a tea spillage I took my jumper off and he was surprised to see a bump, we got talking and he was so surprised I was days off birth :)

I too have been feeling something which is good at near 17 weeks, I have a posterior placenta this time which is new to me as my last two have been anterior and I only felt them at 23ish for my first baby , and about 21 with my second baby, so very excited this time :) xxx

Yeh it has its benefits :) I was on my way to hospital to have my first and the man on the plane next to me had no clue as I had a big jumper on, it was only after turbulence and a tea spillage I took my jumper off and he was surprised to see a bump, we got talking and he was so surprised I was days off birth :)

I too have been feeling something which is good at near 17 weeks, I have a posterior placenta this time which is new to me as my last two have been anterior and I only felt them at 23ish for my first baby , and about 21 with my second baby, so very excited this time :) xxx
OH are you on an island and have to go to mainland to have your babies...

Haha that is great that you got away with looking pregnant right up to due date.

That's great you are feeling earlier this time. I am only near 16 weeks but I was earlier than the normal last time too. So hoping feel kicks within next 4weeks or so xxx

Yeh I do indeed :) we don’t all have to go to the mainland but if it’s to be induced or any complications or earlier than 37 weeks we have to go to Aberdeen hospital, and both mine have been induced in the 36th week, so no idea what will happen this time, just a wait and see I guess haha. It’s not too bad, but it does mean it’s quite limited up here for the knowledge and experience if things are not just straight forward pregnancy. Xxx

Yeh I do indeed :) we don’t all have to go to the mainland but if it’s to be induced or any complications or earlier than 37 weeks we have to go to Aberdeen hospital, and both mine have been induced in the 36th week, so no idea what will happen this time, just a wait and see I guess haha. It’s not too bad, but it does mean it’s quite limited up here for the knowledge and experience if things are not just straight forward pregnancy. Xxx
Awww I can understand why. Least they bring you down to be induced earlier and not leaving it too late to bring you down. Is the flying okay for you and all been straight forward? Hope it is the same again this time for you xxx

Yeh I have never had any problems with going south, it has actually worked well for me :) my first had hydronephrosis so I knew from early on I would deliver south, and I developed pre eclampsia and oligohydramnios so was defiantly the best place, with my second I again had oligohydramnios so was sent south to be induced early again. So this is the way I now feel comfortable with and it kinda scares me to deliver here as it’s an unknown for me, and they sometimes seem a bit clueless, i explained my history to the booking midwife and she insisted that oh it might be third time lucky, to me my last pregnancy was third time as I miscarried between, and I just fee they don’t listen up here. My aunts is also a senior midwife south and she thinks it’s quite likely I will develop oligohydramnios again as to have two turn that way already would indicate it. So I will just have to wait and see, but it does leave a long uncertain period which nearer the end can be a little stressful haha and the actual flying is no problem :) sorry for the ramble, it’s sometimes all difficult to explain :) xxx

Yeh I have never had any problems with going south, it has actually worked well for me :) my first had hydronephrosis so I knew from early on I would deliver south, and I developed pre eclampsia and oligohydramnios so was defiantly the best place, with my second I again had oligohydramnios so was sent south to be induced early again. So this is the way I now feel comfortable with and it kinda scares me to deliver here as it’s an unknown for me, and they sometimes seem a bit clueless, i explained my history to the booking midwife and she insisted that oh it might be third time lucky, to me my last pregnancy was third time as I miscarried between, and I just fee they don’t listen up here. My aunts is also a senior midwife south and she thinks it’s quite likely I will develop oligohydramnios again as to have two turn that way already would indicate it. So I will just have to wait and see, but it does leave a long uncertain period which nearer the end can be a little stressful haha and the actual flying is no problem :) sorry for the ramble, it’s sometimes all difficult to explain :) xxx
No not at all you didn't ramble at all. You explained so much. You think if after what you have been through, they would say yeah best if you prefer that to go down south. Especially if your aunt thinks it could happen again. I will be hoping for you anyway. You could even have a June baby if you were to get induced 37weeks? Just seems to be getting closer already.

Hope you are feeling well today and all the ladies. Think as @Jade jones said all now in Tri 2 and hope we all feel okay now or soon.

Xxx

Yeh I am going to try and stand my ground this time with them and try and make them listen, I tend to be quite shy and just go with what they say, but I feel this time that I have enough experience with my own body that I know what’s best for me. Yeh I could end up June I am hoping I can hold off until July as it would fit in with the summer holidays well haha but baby 1 was 36+1 and baby 2 was 36+6 so not holding my breath haha either will be fine as long as baby is well :) xxx

Yeh I am going to try and stand my ground this time with them and try and make them listen, I tend to be quite shy and just go with what they say, but I feel this time that I have enough experience with my own body that I know what’s best for me. Yeh I could end up June I am hoping I can hold off until July as it would fit in with the summer holidays well haha but baby 1 was 36+1 and baby 2 was 36+6 so not holding my breath haha either will be fine as long as baby is well :) xxx
I am the same I could stick up for anyone but when comes to myself I just go shy haha. You are right as long as your wee bundle of joy is healthy. It is alot easier with summer holidays :)

@mummybear2 hope you are managing to rest and cold is getting better and @Jade jones also hope having days off to rest have helped.

Hope everyone is okay too. Had my first during day nap today and loved it :dance: xxx

Glad you enjoyed your nap @Jac2019!

I tried for one but pregnancy insomnia is STRONG for me right now.
The cold is kicking my butt and my nausea has been pretty awful the last couple of days. I had to abandon dinner to run and be sick. So much for things getting easier in tri 2!
Honestly I don’t think this exhaustion will ever go away.
Luckily since I have told my daughter about the babies I don’t feel so bad about resting on the couch and telling her I’m tired. She’s been so good throughout it all, honestly she’s a wee star.

Glad you enjoyed your nap @Jac2019!

I tried for one but pregnancy insomnia is STRONG for me right now.
The cold is kicking my butt and my nausea has been pretty awful the last couple of days. I had to abandon dinner to run and be sick. So much for things getting easier in tri 2!
Honestly I don’t think this exhaustion will ever go away.
Luckily since I have told my daughter about the babies I don’t feel so bad about resting on the couch and telling her I’m tired. She’s been so good throughout it all, honestly she’s a wee star.
What ashame. My sickness has died down a bit but the insomnia at night is bad so if still feeling sick with that I really feel for you especially with the twins draining your immunity so cold not disappearing. :-( .. How lovely your daughter understanding mummy is tired. Really hope you start to get better soon or sickness and cold goes away or even a few better nights sleep :pray: xxx

When will everyone start buying. I won't buy anything soon as still anything could happen but just like looking when in shops? Xxx

@Kiwi_53 I think you have an appointment today? Hope it goes well if so. Just remembered you said you did before your holiday. Not long also until holiday.. Nice time to get away with storm ciara coming in :-( haha xxx

Think we are missing @Leila from the front page. I think her due date was August 10th?

I think I will need to start buying earlier this time than I did with my first what with needing two of most things! I can’t get my head around what I will actually need though! And the PRICE of twin buggies and things makes me feel sick. Will need to start looking out for second hand bargains popping up.

@Kiwi_53 I think you have an appointment today? Hope it goes well if so. Just remembered you said you did before your holiday. Not long also until holiday.. Nice time to get away with storm ciara coming in :-( haha xxx

Hey just back from midwifes :) heard baby so was lovely. My blood pressure is a little high and I have leucocytes in my urine, but they don’t seem worried. Scan next on 2nd of March and another midwife appointment on the 19th March. Getting so real now with all these appointments :)

As for buying I think we are pretty much sorted for either boy or girl, so I am going to try and stop myself from buying as it’s so easy to spend :) I will buy a going home outfit for baby though, as we aren’t going to know what it is it will be more difficult as I always find it difficult to find unisex clothing.

And yes we are set to leave on the boat on Saturday morning, but we might have to go tomorrow due to weather in case the boat doesn’t go Saturday. Then we fly out on Sunday :) actually looking forward to it now as touch wood this last few day my sickness has improved slightly, so hoping this is the turn around for me, much the same timing as my other two :)

Hope you are all well xxx

Think we are missing @Leila from the front page. I think her due date was August 10th?

I think I will need to start buying earlier this time than I did with my first what with needing two of most things! I can’t get my head around what I will actually need though! And the PRICE of twin buggies and things makes me feel sick. Will need to start looking out for second hand bargains popping up.
It is a fortune so I totally agree for you to start buying and looking out for second hand options. I have started saving but also don't want to spend fortunes on things. When did you start buying for your daughter?

Yes @Leila too sorry hope you are okay. Xxx

Hey just back from midwifes :) heard baby so was lovely. My blood pressure is a little high and I have leucocytes in my urine, but they don’t seem worried. Scan next on 2nd of March and another midwife appointment on the 19th March. Getting so real now with all these appointments :)

As for buying I think we are pretty much sorted for either boy or girl, so I am going to try and stop myself from buying as it’s so easy to spend :) I will buy a going home outfit for baby though, as we aren’t going to know what it is it will be more difficult as I always find it difficult to find unisex clothing.

And yes we are set to leave on the boat on Saturday morning, but we might have to go tomorrow due to weather in case the boat doesn’t go Saturday. Then we fly out on Sunday :) actually looking forward to it now as touch wood this last few day my sickness has improved slightly, so hoping this is the turn around for me, much the same timing as my other two :)

Hope you are all well xxx
Awww brilliant you heard your little baby. Can't wait for my next appointment feels too long 4 weeks to wait.

Exactly if you have most stuff then best to save money etc...

I know what you mean maybe better to get earlier boat so will get away xxx

I will wait until I find out if they are boys or girls or one of each! I don’t know what I have left from when my daughter was little as it is all at her dads house! So might need to start from scratch.
I must have bought the majority of stuff after 30 weeks but I honestly can’t remember!

I will wait until I find out if they are boys or girls or one of each! I don’t know what I have left from when my daughter was little as it is all at her dads house! So might need to start from scratch.
I must have bought the majority of stuff after 30 weeks but I honestly can’t remember!
I was thinking around that time.. Just after the 3rd trimester started and hoping more chance then all will be okay.

Awww hope you find bargains then if having to start from scratch. :? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back