August 2020 Mummies

@Jade jones. I think you are having a girl too your gorgeous wee scan reminds me of my wee beautiful angels first scan.

@Kiwi_53. Awww I hope I find out then next week I have to see consultant after the past year. She was amazing with me last time. I so hope you start to feel better for then be great to get away then before too big. Hope it is an amazing holiday although hope in between running after 2 wee ones you get some rest in the sun xxx

Thanks :) Yeh I will be getting hubby to take them in the pool for at least a few hours in a day so I can lie next to the pool and relax haha.

Yeh should hopefully all come through by then indeed, and glad you have a consultant that was good with you, makes all the difference having someone who you get in with.
Our hospital is really bad for inconsistency and seems that nobody talks to each other, both times I have had to go to the bigger hospital to have my babies so its actually a good thing for me I think. As I sometimes feel a little like the don’t know what they are doing around here. I live in a very small community and it makes me wonder about there training in anything other than a normal birth haha but that’s a long way off just now so all good :) xx

Thanks :) Yeh I will be getting hubby to take them in the pool for at least a few hours in a day so I can lie next to the pool and relax haha.

Yeh should hopefully all come through by then indeed, and glad you have a consultant that was good with you, makes all the difference having someone who you get in with.
Our hospital is really bad for inconsistency and seems that nobody talks to each other, both times I have had to go to the bigger hospital to have my babies so its actually a good thing for me I think. As I sometimes feel a little like the don’t know what they are doing around here. I live in a very small community and it makes me wonder about there training in anything other than a normal birth haha but that’s a long way off just now so all good :) xx
have you heard back yet? and were offically tri 2 now yay!!!!!

Jac good luck at your appointment if I have not already missed it, was it this week?

I can’t believe we are too 2, I will be 16 weeks on Friday which is crazy, only thing is is anyone still losing weight in the second trimester? I find myself still losing or if I put on a pound it comes straight back off, I am still not keeping well with sickness and diarrhea with my ibs (sorry tmi). I have a midwife appointment next Thursday so I will mention it to them, but I just feel very weak and drained. I remember being ill with my last pregnancies but I feel this has defiantly been the worst one. Sorry for the moan haha but just thought I would ask if anyone else was still losing and started to ramble haha xxx

Jac good luck at your appointment if I have not already missed it, was it this week?

I can’t believe we are too 2, I will be 16 weeks on Friday which is crazy, only thing is is anyone still losing weight in the second trimester? I find myself still losing or if I put on a pound it comes straight back off, I am still not keeping well with sickness and diarrhea with my ibs (sorry tmi). I have a midwife appointment next Thursday so I will mention it to them, but I just feel very weak and drained. I remember being ill with my last pregnancies but I feel this has defiantly been the worst one. Sorry for the moan haha but just thought I would ask if anyone else was still losing and started to ramble haha xxx
Thank you it is later on this afternoon... Hope they have my bloods in so can ask.

I haven't really gained I lost about 8lbs in first trimester and now stabilised around 3/4lbs lighter but my appetite is coming back so think will start putting it back on. What ashame for you, hope you start to feel a little better and more appetite soon. I was slightly over the 25bmi so not as worried as they say plenty body fat stored to help with baby. My nausea still comes and goes back at least starting to enjoy foods a little more.
You aren't moaning at all just anxious that all is okay for baby and you. So write away on here anytime xxx

I attend slimming world and continue to I've put on half pound here lots half pound there no real gain I'm maybe 5 pounds heavier then what I was in October xx

I have lost a stone or just over, started off at a bmi of about 23/24 so not super skinny by any means but my mums even making comment on how poor I am looking haha I think when it’s so long between seeing baby it’s natural to worry, I guess I just have to keep positive that the baby is getting everything it needs from me even with the weight loss :) thank you girls, nice to have people to talk to :) xxx

That is brilliant @Jade jones that you are keeping the healthy lifestyle.. I am trying more to now that appetite is coming back and walking half hour every day xxx

@Kiwi_53.. Poor you sounds like baby taking all the energy and vitamins from your fat store reserve and leaving none for you. Hopefully your appetite picks up a wee bit soon but that's why your mum had noticed as baby will always takes what it needs from you first then you left looking poor. What ashame. Always worth mentioning if still bad next Thursday but if they are worried they will say as normally weigh you at all appointments and if any worries will discuss with you. I feel same nice to have people to talk to going through same feelings and allxxx

They don’t actually weigh us at all up here, they asked my weight at booking appointment but due to it being in the healthy bmi they don’t do anything regarding weight. I fact they are very rural here to the point that I have only had blood pressure tested at booking appointment and they did finally do urine when I was admitted to hospital. But here is very basic haha with any luck I will catch back up shortly :) and I will see what they suggest on Thursday :) hope all went well with appointment xxx

They don’t actually weigh us at all up here, they asked my weight at booking appointment but due to it being in the healthy bmi they don’t do anything regarding weight. I fact they are very rural here to the point that I have only had blood pressure tested at booking appointment and they did finally do urine when I was admitted to hospital. But here is very basic haha with any luck I will catch back up shortly :) and I will see what they suggest on Thursday :) hope all went well with appointment xxx
Awwww that's ashame then best you comment to them and you can keep an eye on it over next few weeks... Maybe start to gain a wee lb here and there... I'm just home from appointment. All went well really pleased.. Low risk for test she said 1 in 1495 which was great she said and all blood tests at booking appointment were great and iron levels etc all great.. They have said due to my history and age they probably induce me at 38weeks. Will find out more at my next appointment in 4 weeks time.

Is it the weekend after appointment you go on holiday? Hopefully then even you might be relaxed and enioy some nice food abroad. Xxx

Awwww that's ashame then best you comment to them and you can keep an eye on it over next few weeks... Maybe start to gain a wee lb here and there... I'm just home from appointment. All went well really pleased.. Low risk for test she said 1 in 1495 which was great she said and all blood tests at booking appointment were great and iron levels etc all great.. They have said due to my history and age they probably induce me at 38weeks. Will find out more at my next appointment in 4 weeks time.

Is it the weekend after appointment you go on holiday? Hopefully then even you might be relaxed and enioy some nice food abroad. Xxx

Am so glad that all went good at appointment and all results are looking good too :) reassuring to know they are keeping a good eye and to be induced at 38 weeks too :)

And yeh I will be keeping an eye on it indeed :) and hopefully it picks up and even if I could stop losing would be good.
My appointment on the 6th and then we take the boat away on the 8th and fly to Tenerife the 9th so really hoping a week in the sun will work wonders :) we are all inclusive so hopefully al put on a little over the week :) xxx

Am so glad that all went good at appointment and all results are looking good too :) reassuring to know they are keeping a good eye and to be induced at 38 weeks too :)

And yeh I will be keeping an eye on it indeed :) and hopefully it picks up and even if I could stop losing would be good.
My appointment on the 6th and then we take the boat away on the 8th and fly to Tenerife the 9th so really hoping a week in the sun will work wonders :) we are all inclusive so hopefully al put on a little over the week :) xxx
Brilliant all inclusive means no running around cooking and eating even fruits and anything you fancy maybe even nive smoothies or things to build up your strength a little... Hopefully appetite will be even slightly better by then and if still not gained even a lb then always worth getting more advice what to do. Xxx

Yes I will defiantly ask as they might have some advice to help :) and yeh I have just been trying to eat anything I fancy, I have been enjoying fruits this last week so been stocking up :) thinking I seemed to have developed an intolerance to dairy as it seems to give me the diarrhoea (tmi), as with my others I used to drink a lot of milk, but it seems counter productive just now. But it will all be worth it :) I know that much :) xxx

Yes I will defiantly ask as they might have some advice to help :) and yeh I have just been trying to eat anything I fancy, I have been enjoying fruits this last week so been stocking up :) thinking I seemed to have developed an intolerance to dairy as it seems to give me the diarrhoea (tmi), as with my others I used to drink a lot of milk, but it seems counter productive just now. But it will all be worth it :) I know that much :) xxx
You have had a hard time of it. I am the same fruits are great for me think as feel like juicy and more fluids. This week is apple and mango juice for me and struggling still with alot of drinks. Each week it changes..

I am looking into the oils and creams for stretch marks. I used bio oil last time but do any of you ladies use any or any tips for the tummy area? Xxx

You have had a hard time of it. I am the same fruits are great for me think as feel like juicy and more fluids. This week is apple and mango juice for me and struggling still with alot of drinks. Each week it changes..

I am looking into the oils and creams for stretch marks. I used bio oil last time but do any of you ladies use any or any tips for the tummy area? Xxx
Thread hopping here so sorry guys.
@Jac2019 - i have started using the palmers stretch mark oil.
https://www.boots.com/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-skin-therapy-oil-150ml-10097302
My sister in law recommended it and she didn't get a single stretch mark. I have already started applying mine of an evening. The sooner the better apparently xx

Thread hopping here so sorry guys.
@Jac2019 - i have started using the palmers stretch mark oil.
https://www.boots.com/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-skin-therapy-oil-150ml-10097302
My sister in law recommended it and she didn't get a single stretch mark. I have already started applying mine of an evening. The sooner the better apparently xx
Thanks Char. I know I totally forgot about starting it. Wasn't as keen on bio oil so wanted to try something different. I will get that and try as always like to hear from people who have used.
How are you feeling.. When is next scan? Xxx

I used bio oil throughout my last pregnancy and didn’t get a stretch mark.
I got two bottles on groupon and I never opened one, so I have another bottle that I will use this time around.
Saying that a lot of it is just down to genetics and I probably just got lucky, didn’t really carry too big either. I have my fingers crossed for this time around as well to avoid them.

Thanks Char. I know I totally forgot about starting it. Wasn't as keen on bio oil so wanted to try something different. I will get that and try as always like to hear from people who have used.
How are you feeling.. When is next scan? Xxx
I like to have a bath, cover myself in it and then wrap myself up in my dressing gown until it has all absorbed.
Feeling good today, my 12 weeks scan is the 25th Feb. Ages away. I hope it comes around quickly xx

I use Palmers coco butter ... didn’t get a single stretch mark with my 1st so hoping it works again this time around.

I did also use bio oil some days but not a huge fan as it’s quite oily.

Quick question ... at what point is Tri 2 ... I can’t remember xx

Thank you ladies.

Need to get out to the shop and start using something again I do like Palmers stuff I buy their Cocoa Butter and coconut creams.
Think will get the one you use as well @chattychar1990 as like trying new things. I think February will fly in my next consultant appointment is day after you so will get to hear heartbeat so hope it flies by too.

@mummybear2 hope you are okay. If I still had bio oil left or new bottle I would use it too no point spending money when don't have too and great it worked for you.

@MelC2011 think it is week 13 to 28 but I know didn't sites say different weeks I just asked my midwife out of curiosity but not to say that is right.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back