***April 2019 Mamas***

Ah raining flowers I don’t think you
are being dramatic, these pregnancy hormones are crazy, I hope you enjoy your mat leave as much as you can, there’s some good advice from chattychar there about the cream hopefully it works for you too

MM - yay for maternity leave!! Made up for you, I’ve still got 4 weeks to go but I might make it 3 weeks I’m starting to get uncomfortable now, can’t sit too long, can’t stand too long, just wanna lie down all the time like some kind of land dwelling whale ha ha

I’ve taken today off to go and do some bits of baby shopping and get my hospital bags ready tonight eek!

Re the pregnancy insomnia I’m not doing badly with that but I have developed horrible restless leg syndrome, every night when I lie down to go to sleep it starts up, my legs are twitchy and unsettled and I just have to move them constantly, it goes on for an hour or so before i finally nod off!

Noticed a little bit of swelling in my feet, just in that my shoes are feeling too tight during the daytime

Not long for us all to go now eeek!! I’m so excited! I don’t think I’m scared about the birth anymore really either think I’ve released there is just no point worry about it!

Hope everyone is well xx

Oh I was so ready to finish!!! My feet and ankles started swelling this week. I stand on my feet all day in work too so I have really struggled towards the end. So IVW your not alone with swelling.

I don't struggle to fall asleep but found I am waking in the middle of the night and struggling to get back to sleep. And like you night owl I will get cramp and restless legs so it doesn't help. Those of you having your first I'm sorry to say it doesn't get any better now haha!

How exciting night owl did you get your bags sorted? I have more or less finished mine now I got caught out last time so wanted to be organised this time round. Oh I definitely recommend finishing a bit earlier and having a little bit of time to yourself if you can.

I'm still really struggling with a name for him? We can't settle on one we both like. And his suggestions are naff!

Hope your all well xxx

Oh I'm awake again (she weeps)
Don't get me wrong I have to get up soon to get kids ready for school but I have been awake since before 5am. I have woke up on my first official day of leave full of cold and coughing... Again! Does anyone else seem to be catching absolutely everything?
Yesterday I was going for lunch with my mum and sisters and when I turned up it was a surprise baby shower! I had such a lovely afternoon. I had warned them I didn't want one but I loved what they did for me. Is anyone else having baby showers? Xxx

So my piles are now playing up!! Have had them since last pregnancy and theyve not bothered me save for a bug of bleeding when I wiped a few months ago but am in agony now!! Going to get some cream on the way into work.
I finish a week on Friday, so ready now!!

I'm not having a baby shower this time no, had a birthday afternoon tea with some friends at the weekend a a couple of thrm got me baby gifts though which was sweet

Oh I have piles too. They haven't bothered me this pregnancy yet. Hope you get sorted and some relief.
You haven't got too much longer to. Get through. Although if your standing on your feet all day in work that will only add to the piles.
To be honest that's what I was expecting baby shower wise. My family had asked me if I wanted one and I said no haha. I think I felt a bit embarrassed with it being baby number 5. But it was lovely just my nearest and dearest there xxx

My work threw me a surprise baby shower and invited my family too, the week before I left for mat leave. Was such a lovely surprise as I wasn’t planning on having one at all!!
I have THE worst hip/back/sciatic pain at the moment, I can barely walk! When I’m sitting down it’s a constant dull ache, but as soon as I stand or move around it’s like lightening up and down, especially on my left side.
Only 11 days until my induction... starting to get nervous now!!
Hope you’re all well xxx

Im office based now so, can get up and down when I need but it hurts to sit and walk! Got a prescription, but boots didn't have any cream in stock so got to find a pharmacy later.
What's the age gap MM?

I had my baby shower on Saturday - it was lovely and mini ivw got spoilt <3

It was also an excuse for the lads to get together and wet the babys head, before hes even here - any excuse :roll: they decided it would be funny to dress him up in a blue baby grow - we were literally matching as my dress was baby blue as well :lol: will try and post the 'best' pic of us, if that even exists :lol:

Oh bless you ladies, it sounds like some of you are really suffering :-( *touch wood* i am actually ok physically. Every now and then a bit of lower back pain and needing a slight push from the oh to get out my pregnancy pillow and off the bed :lol: but other than that i am still quite comfortable.x

Im office based now so, can get up and down when I need but it hurts to sit and walk! Got a prescription, but boots didn't have any cream in stock so got to find a pharmacy later.
What's the age gap MM?

Oh good hopefully the rest of your time in work will fly by now!
I have a 9,8,6 and 2 and half year old. Hoping the older kids are going to help out lot's (wishful thinking) xxx

My work threw me a surprise baby shower and invited my family too, the week before I left for mat leave. Was such a lovely surprise as I wasn’t planning on having one at all!!
I have THE worst hip/back/sciatic pain at the moment, I can barely walk! When I’m sitting down it’s a constant dull ache, but as soon as I stand or move around it’s like lightening up and down, especially on my left side.
Only 11 days until my induction... starting to get nervous now!!
Hope you’re all well xxx

Wow 11 days will soon be here!!! Are you all organised? Xxx

I had my baby shower on Saturday - it was lovely and mini ivw got spoilt <3

It was also an excuse for the lads to get together and wet the babys head, before hes even here - any excuse :roll: they decided it would be funny to dress him up in a blue baby grow - we were literally matching as my dress was baby blue as well :lol: will try and post the 'best' pic of us, if that even exists :lol:

Oh bless you ladies, it sounds like some of you are really suffering :-( *touch wood* i am actually ok physically. Every now and then a bit of lower back pain and needing a slight push from the oh to get out my pregnancy pillow and off the bed :lol: but other than that i am still quite comfortable.x

That sounds brilliant! Sounds like you all had fun! Do you feel more organised now? Xxx

That sounds brilliant! Sounds like you all had fun! Do you feel more organised now? Xxx

I think i will when we move into our house. Atm the little mans stuff is all boxed up and kind of all over the place, but we have everything we need for him, so if he decides to make an early appearance we are kind of ready for him.

I just cant believe how quick its all coming around :shock: xx

Aww you look fabulous IVW! I Love the coordinating outfits haha! Your hubby doesn't seem too bothered by the baby outfit :)

Aww you look fabulous IVW! I Love the coordinating outfits haha! Your hubby doesn't seem too bothered by the baby outfit :)

Absolutely no care in the world - hes an ex military man so no f**ks given ever about these sorts of things :lol: x

Hi girl's! I have this growth scan later the one they have brought forward. Little bit anxious about it all and what's going to happen. Will update tonight xxx

Hi girl's! I have this growth scan later the one they have brought forward. Little bit anxious about it all and what's going to happen. Will update tonight xxx

Good luck MM, hope it all goes well, update us later if you can! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back