***April 2019 Mamas***

Hey guys! Hope you’re all well. Haven’t been on much so just catching up. Well my little man is being a pain in the bum now. After a very easy pregnancy he’s now breech I’m going in for a scan on Tuesday (36 weeks) and if he’s still the same they’ll offer an ECV. Has anyone ever experienced this? Then if that doesn’t work I’ll be offered the option of a planned section or because it’s been a healthy pregnancy they’re giving me the option to deliver breech. Actually have no clue what to do! Arguing myself round in circles! X
I was offered this with my 4th but I refused. Had to be done in theatre because its risky and there's always the chance they can turn back. Thankfully he got himself head down. He was in an unstable lie though not breech. They induced me and I ended up in an emergency section anyway ha. But go with your gut feeling. Everyone's situation is different xxx

I had my apot with the consultant on Tuesday. I feel up the wall!!!
I thought I was going to go and come out with a firm section date and plan in place but nope!
So I am 35 +5 today and they want to see me on 2nd April I will be 38 +3 I think. I will have another growth scan and they want to examine me to see if they can brake my waters. If they think it would be possible they will book me in the following day and start a slow induction (as I have had previous section)
If they can't they have booked me a section for April 12th day before due date as back up. They are chocker there was no earlier dates.
However in the meantime my little man is still doing somersaults and getting himself in all kinds of positions so they have told me if that continue at 37 weeks I need to be checked out and if he's still in an unstable lie will have to be admitted until I can deliver.
So I just feel in limbo haha! Bags are packed just in case but I do know that no longer than 4 weeks tomorrow he will be here.
How are the rest of you? Xxx

So mini IVW is engaged and possibly back to back, although i dont think my midwife was overly confident in saying that, i think she just assumed it as she couldnt work out where he was laying whilst booting her every time she squished my belly :lol: she was even getting her student to look as he was doing some weird movements and making my belly go all different shapes :lol:

Now i need to transfer all my care, which means i will need to do another booking appointment :roll: x
My second was back to back and she turned whilst I was in labour xxx

IVW my midwife said exactly the same thing about me - head engaged but he’s back to back! She just told me to go on my exercise ball and go on all fours to try and flip him round. Only 2 days til induction so he’d better get a move on! Haha.
My growth scan went well, measuring as 7lb 2oz so hopefully he’ll be a nice size when he’s born! :D It came up on the scan screen estimating he was 40 weeks gestation, when I’m only 37 so he’s a big boy! Haha.
Hope your other scans went well girls. :)
Niknaknoo, so glad you’re back with ttc, fingers and toes crossed for a healthy and happy pregnancy xxx
Oh good luck jomo how exciting!!! Give us an update when you can xxx

Hayizd
Hey guys! Hope you’re all well. Haven’t been on much so just catching up. Well my little man is being a pain in the bum now. After a very easy pregnancy he’s now breech I’m going in for a scan on Tuesday (36 weeks) and if he’s still the same they’ll offer an ECV. Has anyone ever experienced this? Then if that doesn’t work I’ll be offered the option of a planned section or because it’s been a healthy pregnancy they’re giving me the option to deliver breech. Actually have no clue what to do! Arguing myself round in circles! X

At my last MW app at 35 weeks she couldn’t figure out which position my baby was lying in but doesn’t think she’s head down anymore, possibly transverse, but said if she’s not 100% confident she’s head down at my next app will send me for a scan, was telling my mum about it my mum said she had same experience with me and had the turning procedure thing done and it was horrendous, took ages, it was painful, there is a risk to the baby, and I turned back around again before she had even left the hospital, so warned me not to be pushed into it, then funnily
enough a girl at work said exact same thing the next day - she refused to have it done, I don’t like the sound of it but I haven’t done a whole lot of my own research on it really either, I would do a bit of your own research first before deciding if your comfortable with it or not xx

Hi ladies, hope you’re all well. Just popping by to say good luck as you approach due dates!
Gutted I’m not with you but I’m back ttc now and I know my time will come x

Good luck niknaknoo hope you get your bfp soon xx

I thought I was going to go and come out with a firm section date and plan in place but nope!
So I am 35 +5 today and they want to see me on 2nd April I will be 38 +3 I think. I will have another growth scan and they want to examine me to see if they can brake my waters. If they think it would be possible they will book me in the following day and start a slow induction (as I have had previous section)
If they can't they have booked me a section for April 12th day before due date as back up. They are chocker there was no earlier dates.
However in the meantime my little man is still doing somersaults and getting himself in all kinds of positions so they have told me if that continue at 37 weeks I need to be checked out and if he's still in an unstable lie will have to be admitted until I can deliver.
So I just feel in limbo haha! Bags are packed just in case but I do know that no longer than 4 weeks tomorrow he will be here.

OMG MM what a nightmare! I hope they can just come up with a concrete plan very soon! I’m not surprised you feel in limbo, hopefully whatever option they go with goes smoothly, what do you think you would prefer? X

Wow, so frustrating!!
I can't believe how nhs care differs from hosp to hosp and even within the same hosp!
My friend got her section date at 20 weeks, same place as me, they told me I had to go to vbac clinic (I didn't) and I got mine at 28 weeks. Funnily enough when I saw a lady consultant!
I think if you want a section that is it, thry should get you booked in not mess you about. I was really upset for 8 weeks.

I finish work today! I made it!

Haven’t really posted on here as been so busy, got my section date for the 24th April so 2 days before my due date. Kind of feel like he will come before that though as he is so low and keep getting bad cramps, everything is nearly ready just sorting out the other 2’s bedroom and then that’s it. Just hope the final 5 weeks speed on by.

He was also measuring 5lb 6oz at my growth scan last week so will see what size he is at my 36 week scan x

I’m getting induced today at 5pm!! Woohoo! Can’t wait to get this boy out! :D Wish me luck! Xxx
Hope you’re all comfortable and well xxx

I’m getting induced today at 5pm!! Woohoo! Can’t wait to get this boy out! :D Wish me luck! Xxx
Hope you’re all comfortable and well xxx

OMG jomo how exciting!! good luck!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a quick and easy labour for you! Please try and update us all once he is here xxx

Still waiting!! He’s too comfy in there! Had terrible contractions all through the night but still only 1cm dilated! So it’s a waiting game til they can get in and break my waters. Hopefully it won’t be too long! Can’t wait to get my epidural haha xxx

Still waiting!! He’s too comfy in there! Had terrible contractions all through the night but still only 1cm dilated! So it’s a waiting game til they can get in and break my waters. Hopefully it won’t be too long! Can’t wait to get my epidural haha xxx

Ah hope he gets a move on soon! Yeah I don’t blame you for getting the epidural, I’ve heard lots of women saying once they got the epidural and could relax for a bit things started moving much faster, good luck! X

Hope you aren't in too much discomfort!! I was adamant I wasn't having an epidural and ended up begging my OH for one
X

Hope you aren't in too much discomfort!! I was adamant I wasn't having an epidural and ended up begging my OH for one
X

Are you glad you got one in the end? Do you think it helped move things along? I’m just not sure what I want to do about pain relief, went to a class where the midwife basically said just try and get by without epidural just breathing and gas and air x

Are you glad you got one in the end? Do you think it helped move things along? I’m just not sure what I want to do about pain relief, went to a class where the midwife basically said just try and get by without epidural just breathing and gas and air x

I am in terms of pain, It eased the pain almost instantly but I was on the drip and got to 8cm before the took me down for an emergency section so I didn't reach pushing stage. My friend hypo birthed and said it was amazing but I don't think I can relax myself that much!!
I would say don't rule anything out and don't be upset or scared to ask if you do feel you need it

Hayizd

At my last MW app at 35 weeks she couldn’t figure out which position my baby was lying in but doesn’t think she’s head down anymore, possibly transverse, but said if she’s not 100% confident she’s head down at my next app will send me for a scan, was telling my mum about it my mum said she had same experience with me and had the turning procedure thing done and it was horrendous, took ages, it was painful, there is a risk to the baby, and I turned back around again before she had even left the hospital, so warned me not to be pushed into it, then funnily
enough a girl at work said exact same thing the next day - she refused to have it done, I don’t like the sound of it but I haven’t done a whole lot of my own research on it really either, I would do a bit of your own research first before deciding if your comfortable with it or not xx

Thanks night owl, it’s not something I’d even really thought of until she mentioned it so it wasn’t til I got home I really started looking in to it. Don’t think I feel very comfortable with it to be honest so we’ll see what he’s doing on Tuesday but probably will decline it x

It's all been going on for me this weekend! Started having tightenings and pains on satSatur morning about 11am... Still going by 3pm so started timing them and they were coming every 3-5mins! Rung birthing centre and they wanted to see me as I'm preterm. Doctor examined me and cervix was closed but they wouldn't let me go home coz I was having contractions! So had to spend the night in the hospital. Eventually got to come home at 11am today! Still getting tightenings and pains but not consistent enough to time. I turn 36 weeks tomorrow... I'm just hoping it's not guna be like this for another 4 weeks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back