***April 2019 Mamas***

Baby conor was born today at 9.22am weighing 7lb 9.5 oz he's perfect. I had a small pph which they had under control and we aren't doing too badly. Will try and upload a pic but keeps saying too big xxx

Aah how amazing, congratulations, so glad you are both doing well, he is a decent weight too! Welcome to the world baby Conor yay!! Xxx

Quick update on this end - i just sneezed and lost my mucous plug! Ahhhh! I’m scared now :rotfl:

The plug was like thick snot and had brown spotting in it, hope that’s normal! Xx

Oooh exciting!! I started contractions soon after losing mine, it had streaks of blood in but call triage if you are worried at all.

DD won't settle tonight, she just threw all her milk back up ‍♀️ x

Baby conor was born today at 9.22am weighing 7lb 9.5 oz he's perfect. I had a small pph which they had under control and we aren't doing too badly. Will try and upload a pic but keeps saying too big xxx
Congratulations!! Hope your first night went well xx

So after losing my plug (or at least a good chunk of it) last night I’ve been awake all night with awful lower back pain, it’s been on and off, coming and going where I will get an hour or so break from it and nod off for a bit then wake up in pain again, it’s not fun, suppose I will just have to wait and see what happens now xx

He has his dad's red hair. I'm in a world of pain today its been a struggle, anaesthetist thinks i have developed some spinal injection related headache so they are keeping a close eye on me. They have said if it doesn't improve there's a procedure they can perform in theatre to inject some of my blood into the spinal space where they may be punctured.
Baby is a bit mucousy which is common with section babies but we are doing well otherwise. Looks like I'm in till Monday up to now but just going to use it to rest as much as I can before I'm home and a mum of 5!!! How is everyone? Xxx

So after losing my plug (or at least a good chunk of it) last night I’ve been awake all night with awful lower back pain, it’s been on and off, coming and going where I will get an hour or so break from it and nod off for a bit then wake up in pain again, it’s not fun, suppose I will just have to wait and see what happens now xx
This is exciting night owl I hope it's the start for you!!! Keep us updated xxx

He has his dad's red hair. I'm in a world of pain today its been a struggle, anaesthetist thinks i have developed some spinal injection related headache so they are keeping a close eye on me. They have said if it doesn't improve there's a procedure they can perform in theatre to inject some of my blood into the spinal space where they may be punctured.
Baby is a bit mucousy which is common with section babies but we are doing well otherwise. Looks like I'm in till Monday up to now but just going to use it to rest as much as I can before I'm home and a mum of 5!!! How is everyone? Xxx

Aah mm I’ve heard of bad headaches caused by spinals I hope it goes away for you very soon

Conor is gorgeous! I just can’t wait now I hope it’s not too much longer for me, after having promising but painful signs all night it’s all stopped now and I feel completely normal again, but we’ll see

Yeah just try and rest and take it easy till you get out of hospital xx

He is gorgeous!! I'd love a ginger baby!!
Kind of half jealous you get to stay in so long
I got the headache a week later, they told me it could last 6-10 days but thankfully its been about 4 x

Aah mm I’ve heard of bad headaches caused by spinals I hope it goes away for you very soon

Conor is gorgeous! I just can’t wait now I hope it’s not too much longer for me, after having promising but painful signs all night it’s all stopped now and I feel completely normal again, but we’ll see

Yeah just try and rest and take it easy till you get out of hospital xx
Thanks night owl, its not as severe as it was. They are keeping on top of my pain relief though so that's helped loads.
Aww thank you he's been a dream so far.
I hope it's not too much longer I want to see these beautiful babies!
Xxx

He is gorgeous!! I'd love a ginger baby!!
Kind of half jealous you get to stay in so long
I got the headache a week later, they told me it could last 6-10 days but thankfully its been about 4 x
My hubby is a red head, but surprisingly none of out children have been born with red hair until now. Our 2nd now is a strawberry blonde/auburn it changes all the time but she was born with dark hair.
Yes they gave me a leaflet yesterday its called a post dural spinal headache or something. They said some people are readmitted with it. There's no point me rushing home I won't get much rest with 5 kids. The standard is 2 nights minimum in our hospital after a section anyway xxx

Funny how hospitals are so different isn't it. I was surprised I got home the day after.

Ha ha I don’t really have many signs on this end either, although we could just go into labour overnight for all we know! I was 1cm dilated though which the midwife said was a good sign, had nothing since then though, I don’t think baby girl will be here by her due date (13th)
Hopefully we won’t go too far over otherwise we will be looking at induction, I’d rather it happen naturally so I can do as much of it as home as possible before going into the hospital! I see the midwife again on tues, when’s your next appointment? I’m sure they will offer you a sweep then x

Not until next Saturday :wall2: which is when my mother in law and oh step dad is down from Newcastle :shock: so I really need him to come in the next few days! I really don’t want to be stuck at home waiting on the midwife whilst they are down and the oh is at work - not ideal, but what will be will be.

Have you had any signs she could be on her way?

I’m currently laid in a bath full of clary sage, after a long walk, in the hope this might spur him on :lol: x

Ignore my last post - I’ve just seen this.....my sister lost her mucus plug and that was the sign her baby girl was coming, albeit, quite a bit later (long labour) eeeeek she could be coming <3 x

Ooh a clary sage bath that’s a good idea!

Well I feel like any pre-labour signs I had have completely disappeared now and it was all just a tease!

IVW do you have an exercise ball/birth ball thing? I hardly use mine to be honest but I had been using it the day my mucus plug went so I’m gonna make the effort to go on it lots tomorrow to see if I can get things moving xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back