***April 2019 Mamas***

Hi ladies, just checking in. DS is 3 weeks old today! It’s all flown by in a blur!
Hurry up April babas, can’t wait for updates! Xx

Hi ladies, just checking in. DS is 3 weeks old today! It’s all flown by in a blur!
Hurry up April babas, can’t wait for updates! Xx

Wow!! DD is a week old tomorrow and my hormones and emotions are still all over the place. I am sick of crying tbh and want to feel normal.

Anybody else feel awful? Just tired and no energy and uncomfortable. Still waiting for this nesting instinct to kick in so I can clean the house :D

Anybody else feel awful? Just tired and no energy and uncomfortable. Still waiting for this nesting instinct to kick in so I can clean the house :D

Yeah I feel crap, no energy or motivation at all, feel like I spend my days lying in bed which seems to make me even more tired, I have to force myself to do things, glad it’s not just me feeling like that! Xx

Absolutely no signs for me whatsoever. Still got this week at work so should probably wait till that is done before willing this lil girl here xx

Yeah I feel crap, no energy or motivation at all, feel like I spend my days lying in bed which seems to make me even more tired, I have to force myself to do things, glad it’s not just me feeling like that! Xx

Also glad it's not just me! I didn't even manage to force myself to do anything today. Just watched telly, bathed and napped! I can't relax though because my house is not tidy enough for visitors yet. Thankfully no signs of baby yet.

Also glad it's not just me! I didn't even manage to force myself to do anything today. Just watched telly, bathed and napped! I can't relax though because my house is not tidy enough for visitors yet. Thankfully no signs of baby yet.

I can’t relax when the house isn’t tidy either, it’s not in the best condition anyway we desperately need a new kitchen and we had a big leak in the roof in the main bedroom upstairs which hasn’t dried out yet, so the thought of all the visitors who are gonna come including the likes of the midwife and health visitor is stressing me out! I’m getting a sweep either today or tomorrow which technically could start labour so gonna have to spend tomorrow morning cleaning up, arghh!! My OH keeps telling me to relax and not worry about it but I just can’t face the house being a mess while all kinds of visitors are turning up! This must be a female thing as men don’t seem to be bothered! I done a huge de-clutter recently though where I just went a bit mad and threw loads of stuff we don’t need or use in the bin, virtually half emptied the house, I highly recommend it, it’s so much easier to tidy up now and I don’t miss the stuff one bit!! Barely even remember what it was
Good luck with your tidying :D x

Wow!! DD is a week old tomorrow and my hormones and emotions are still all over the place. I am sick of crying tbh and want to feel normal.

Hope you feel better soon Hun, I’m sure it will pass with a bit more time, I’m not looking forward to the brutal hormone comedown myself, do talk to someone about it if it’s not getting any better x

Hope you feel better soon Hun, I’m sure it will pass with a bit more time, I’m not looking forward to the brutal hormone comedown myself, do talk to someone about it if it’s not getting any better x

Thank you. I am very open with everyone about how I'm feeling, I know its not pnd crying. I'm sure everyone is fed up of me sobbing "I miss being pregnant"

I’m thinking mine is gonna be a week later too, I know 3 people who’ve had their first baby this year, 1 of them 7 days late, 1 was 10 days late, and 1 had to get induced at 14 days late as the baby was just not coming out on his own free will! The induction ended in a c-section, of 4 other people I know who got induced 3 ended in c-section, it seems to be more common for c-section to be needed following being induced, I seen my hospital are actually doing a clinical trial to see if reducing inductions reduces the emergency section rate, so I am keen not to get induced although if I did need a c section for any reason I wouldn’t have a problem with it at all, just want her to get here safely!
Have you been having any twinges or braxton hicks or anything?
Been having a bit of shooting pains around my cervix, achy period pain on and off mostly overnight and 1 proper braxton hicks - my whole tummy tightened up and it hurt a bit lol, other then that though no real signs yet, not had a show or lost plug or anything xx

Our babies really aren't coming early :lol:

Nothing, absolutely nothing - no Braxton hicks, no twinges to right home about - this is why I am convinced he is definitely coming late and now I am thinking much later than the 4 days I originally guessed.

But I think we have all learnt from this journey, anything can happen and they will come when they want to and it could happen when you least expect it, I just hope I am at home :shock: :lol: x

Nothing this end, was puffing and panting more than usual yesterday when the oh and me went out sofa shopping and has some lunch - probably one of the last ones without our little man <3 so was very much appreciated :lol:

No pains, Braxton hicks - nothing and still quite comfortable :lol: He's continually letting me know he is in there and quite happy moving about and kicking his dad in the head :lol: The oh said he could hear his heartbeat yesterday as well <3

Midwife tomorrow and I reckon I will be seeing her a few times after that as well. Due date is Saturday, but I am pretty sure he isn't coming any time soon xx

Nothing this end, was puffing and panting more than usual yesterday when the oh and me went out sofa shopping and has some lunch - probably one of the last ones without our little man <3 so was very much appreciated :lol:

No pains, Braxton hicks - nothing and still quite comfortable :lol: He's continually letting me know he is in there and quite happy moving about and kicking his dad in the head :lol: The oh said he could hear his heartbeat yesterday as well <3

Midwife tomorrow and I reckon I will be seeing her a few times after that as well. Due date is Saturday, but I am pretty sure he isn't coming any time soon xx

Same here, due date Saturday but I would put serious money on it that she won’t be here by then, the midwife was meant to phone me today to get me in for a sweep but she didn’t and I don’t see here now till next tues I’m guessing she will do the sweep then, if I’m still preggers, which I’m guessing I will be! Had a good walk round town this afternoon and spent some of the vouchers my lovely team got me for maternity leave which was nice anyway x

Hey guys, this is little Jamie. He arrived today after a planned section (breech) at 39 weeks, 7lb 10oz. The section was a bit scary and I was one ‘try’ of the spinal away from a general anaesthetic. They also couldn’t keep my blood pressure up so was swimming in and out of consciousness for a good chunk of it. But once we were back on the ward and all sewn up we’ve both been totally great. Love him so much already! X

72AC6FD1-885C-4523-93D3-6AFD7658603D.jpeg

Hey guys, this is little Jamie. He arrived today after a planned section (breech) at 39 weeks, 7lb 10oz. The section was a bit scary and I was one ‘try’ of the spinal away from a general anaesthetic. They also couldn’t keep my blood pressure up so was swimming in and out of consciousness for a good chunk of it. But once we were back on the ward and all sewn up we’ve both been totally great. Love him so much already! X

View attachment 84765
Congratulations!!!! Sorry it was a bit traumatic but glad you are both OK x

View attachment 84765

Oh wow he is absolutely gorgeous!
Congratulations, glad you are both doing well xx

Oh he is beautiful! Congratulations to you all, glad all is OK now rest up xxx

Anyone else in the wide awake club :bored:

Yep!! DD1 cried so OH went to sit in to settle her. DD2 finished her bottle and as I was just drifting off I heard liquid sounds and she was bringing it all back up full costume change and moses stripped, she's just had a fresh bottle and burp and hopefully is settling

Oh no!!!
It feels very surreal that this is what I will be doing in the next couple of days!
I'm just so uncomfortable tonight. Got my pre op this morning too so I think that's been playing on my mind. Hoping to catch another hour before the kids wake up. Hope your back to sleep soon too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back