***April 2019 Mamas***

It's all been going on for me this weekend! Started having tightenings and pains on satSatur morning about 11am... Still going by 3pm so started timing them and they were coming every 3-5mins! Rung birthing centre and they wanted to see me as I'm preterm. Doctor examined me and cervix was closed but they wouldn't let me go home coz I was having contractions! So had to spend the night in the hospital. Eventually got to come home at 11am today! Still getting tightenings and pains but not consistent enough to time. I turn 36 weeks tomorrow... I'm just hoping it's not guna be like this for another 4 weeks!!!

Omg! It sounds like baby might come a bit earlier then? Unless it’s some kind of false start and just tails off until your due date! It’s all exciting but scary too, can’t believe the first few babies of our group are going to be here very soon!! Glad you are ok and back at home, hopefully either baby comes soon or the false labour stops! 37 weeks is full term anyway so even though your classed as pre term I think baby would be absolutely fine to come now x

Eeeek exciting! Any news jomo? Looking forward to hearing your news.
Any further developments Rainingflowers???
Nothing exciting happening my side of things except sciatica which kicked in a couple of days ago. Just trying to finish sorting the house. I picked up my pram and car seat at the weekend too. I went for the mothercare journey in khaki. It was a bargain at £249 with car seat and adapters. My mum also gave me £100 voucher to help pay for it so I treated myself to the matching change bag! It's the little things eh? Xxx

Hi ladies!! Sorry not to have posted sooner - been a bit busy with my little boy. :D
He was born on the 18th of March at 8.51am weighing 7lb 14oz - a big boy for not even being 38 weeks gestation! He is absolutely perfect and the oh and I are absolutely in love. Delivery was very hard, the induction was very sore until I got my epidural and it took 2 days to fully dilate. Then because of my heart condition they would only let me push for an hour before they’d give me an assisted delivery - so an hour came and went and I’d shifted him just enough for him to be born with a vontouse. It was quite traumatic for both of us and he was in shock when he was born and had the chord around his neck, and I lost a lot of blood. But the doctors were incredible and in no time he was on my chest while they were patching me up. And he’s doing wonderfully and has passed all his doctors checks and is feeding like a champ. Only needed 2 stitches luckily! Pushing him out actually wasn’t that bad - the epidural was wearing off and it was still not as painful as I expected. We’re on day 3 now since the birth and I think we’re going home today! So yeah, we’re incredibly happy. :D good luck ladies with your labour and babies, can’t wait to hear the updates. <3 xxx

Aah congratulations jomo! What a gorgeous boy, so glad you are both healthy and well, can’t believe the first April baby is here!! So exciting xx

Aww jomo he is absolutely beautiful! So glad he is here safely and your both home and doing well. Enjoy every minute of the amazing baby bubble. Congratulations to you all rest up xxxx

Congratulations Jomo!! What a beautiful boy xx

Here I am again awake at silly o clock and pregnancy insomnia has kicked in again. It had been so much better the past couple of weeks but tonight I just can't get back to sleep. I'm so tired too!!!
Had midwife yesterday measuring 35 at 36+5 but she said the growth seems steady so she isn't worried. I had bloods taken last week when I seen the consultant as I had some itching and my urine has been very dark regardless of how much I drink. It came back raised but not so much that they were too concerned so they have repeated it and told me to keep an eye on itching. I can't believe that at the most I have 21 days left till I meet baby boy. I feel like it has flown, and I don't feel ready yet haha! Had a big IKEA delivery yesterday so got lots of sorting out to do this Weekend.
How's everyone else feeling? Anyone feeling like their baby could come earlier?
I have a nice spa day and facial planned for today my hubby is off so he is daddy day care. Can't wait for the chill and a pamper.
Hope your all OK xxx

Congratulations Jomo!!! This is making it all to real for me now that the first is actually here!!
I ended up back in hospital on Tuesday, contractions were coming thick and fast but again not dilating at all. They started at 3am and by around 9am had died down. I’m so confused at how il know when it’s actually happening!!!
Also had my 36 week growth scan and she is measuring on the 97th centile and is already 7lb4!! I also have too much fluid. I’ve already done the gestational diabetes test which was negative but they’ve given me a home kit to do myself for 1 week which consists of checking your blood 3 times per day... I’m on day 3 and I’ve already had 3 readings well over what they should be. So I’m going to call the diabetes midwife this morning and see what she says. After the scan I saw consultant and they’ve booked me in for induction on 8th April (39weeks). She was very reluctant to do it any earlier however this may change following the blood results I’ve been getting! Will keep you all posted!!

Here I am again awake at silly o clock and pregnancy insomnia has kicked in again. It had been so much better the past couple of weeks but tonight I just can't get back to sleep. I'm so tired too!!!
Had midwife yesterday measuring 35 at 36+5 but she said the growth seems steady so she isn't worried. I had bloods taken last week when I seen the consultant as I had some itching and my urine has been very dark regardless of how much I drink. It came back raised but not so much that they were too concerned so they have repeated it and told me to keep an eye on itching. I can't believe that at the most I have 21 days left till I meet baby boy. I feel like it has flown, and I don't feel ready yet haha! Had a big IKEA delivery yesterday so got lots of sorting out to do this Weekend.
How's everyone else feeling? Anyone feeling like their baby could come earlier?
I have a nice spa day and facial planned for today my hubby is off so he is daddy day care. Can't wait for the chill and a pamper.
Hope your all OK xxx

I was measuring 36cm at my appointment yesterday at 36+5, dying to see how big she is and what she’s gonna weight, I’m getting so excited now! I’m so excited to see who is next to have their April baby!

Defo don’t think I will go early, mw said yesterday she is head down but not engaged yet, not sure when engagement usually takes place?

I’m going on maternity leave a week today which I’m so relieved for, knackered all the time, got terrible restless leg syndrome which keeps me awake of a night!

Hope you enjoy your pamper day MM! X

Hope you’re all well everyone! :)
My baby’s chord stump just fell off, he’s only 4 days old! I thought that thing stayed on for at least 10 days! Luckily I’m at the maternity center today for various newborn demonstrations and they said it was fine it fell off so early. Was not expecting that! Lol xx

Hey guys and congrats Jomo! Can’t believe we’re all almost at the finishing line!! Well we went on Monday (36weeks) and the little monkey is still frank breech. We had a long chat with the doctor about trying the ECV and because baby was happy and all measurements were average we decided to try it. It was very weird but definitely not as bad as I thought it would be but unfortunately it didn’t work so I’ve been scheduled for a section on the 9th which will be bang on 39 weeks. If he’s spun himself round by then then we’ll cancel it and go naturally but it seems like he’s pretty comfy in his current spot hope everyone else is well xxx

Hello everyone! I’ve had so much going on this trimester, sorry I haven’t posted much!!
I’m actually having a section on Tuesday!! I’ll be 39 weeks. Midwives have been discussing a section with me throughout my pregnancy due to complications with my first delivery, but I’d refused. Last week I saw a different consultant who said there was a good chance I’d be left incontinent from a vaginal delivery, so I decided on a section. It’s all happened so fast and knowing I’m having a section is a bit scary!! Anyway, I had a scan on Monday an baby is measuring 7.7lb so he’s looking ready to come out. Just three days now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back