**** April 2015 Mummies ****

im in the hospital have been since about 6am, was 3/4cm around then but no one has checked me since they just shoved me on the antenatal ward, im so tired havent slept in like 3 nights but cant sleep through these contractions :( they also wouldnt let me go to the birth centre as planned throughout my whole pregnancy as apparently they changed their guidelines in april, lovely :( god so fed up, been having contractions since early hours of monday, never ending and i miss max :( sorry moan over xxx

That sounds awful :-( I'm sorry it's not been easy for you but at least you're further along now and things are progressing. Fingers crossed it won't be long before you meet your little one! Xxx

Hoping things progress for you Rebecca and you and little one are home to Max soon x

Shes finally here :) millie born 5:48am weighing 7lb 5oz! managed my vbac with some assistance from a suction cup thing as her heart rate was dropping after an hour of pushing, got a cut but other than that I feel good and shes just lovely!! xxx

Congratulations (sorry been tri hopping!) I was reading the april mummies this week so knew there was only a couple of you left! Took her time! :) May mummies now! X

Woo hoo! Congratulations Rebecca.

Is that all of our April babies now?

Congrats everyone! Is that us all with babies now? Its been a pleasure getting to know you all over these 40+ weeks xxx

Congratulations Rebecca!
If that is all our April babies here I feel sad it's all over, thanks for sharing your journeys ladies and helping me with mines.

Cx

Hello ladies!

Sorry for not being in touch and keeping you all waiting, it's all been a bit mad!

First of all, congratulations Rebecca!!

So here's my story (it's a bit of a long one) ...

So George Joseph Dodsworth was born Friday 1st May at 1.37pm weighing 8lbs 8oz.

after waiting all day for something to start after my waters broke (going for walks, cleaning, shopping...all to get things going) I gave up and went to bed and that's when things started, typically! Contractions were in my back and irregular, but not for long. After about an hour I had another gush of waters and then the contractions took off! I went into hospital and the contractions were basically back to back, it took ages for me to be assessed because they were waiting for me not to have a contraction, but when she finally managed it I was 5cm already and the midwives were impressed with how quickly I dilated for a first timer. (It had only been about 2 hours at this stage)

I then opted for an epidural and got some sleep, but quite quickly got to full dilation....great, I thought I'll have a baby before lunch!!
However, during the labour George turned himself into a back to back position and therefore was difficult to push out. After pushing for 2 hours they decided to take me to theatre for a forceps delivery with episiotomy. They turned him and got his head out quite quickly but then he got shoulder dystocia (he got his shoulders stuck)... There was a lot of pushing a pulling and they eventually got him out. However, he was very shocked by his delivery and they took him straight away from me...they didn't even tell me if I had a boy or girl. We heard no cries and lots more people entered the room. I saw them hang him upside down by his feet and keep putting a mask on his face.....he wouldn't breath!

Eventually they got him round, bought him to me for all of 10 seconds to look at, then whisked him off in an incubator to neonatal and x-rayed him as they thought he may have fractured a shoulder. In the mean time my placenta shoukd have been delivered, but my body didn't want to let go of it. So I then had to have manual placenta removal!!

So all in all rather traumatic for all 3 of us, as my poor oh had to stand and watch it all happening. And I didn't get to meet George until about 6 hours after he was born.

We are however very lucky to have a strong little bruiser on our hands who recovered from his ordeal very quickly and was bought back to his mummy 24 hours later. We were in for a couple of days, but again we were let out earlier than expected because George was doing so well.

So we're now home and he's kept me busy and that's why I've not been on!

I hope everyone is doing well with all these lovely little bundles!

Here's my boy (one in neonatal and one a few days old and tube free!)
Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 19
Had to do second pic in new message x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 22
Congratulations Rebecca! And congratulations dodsy, he's just gorgeous!!

So I guess that's it for us April mummies here in tri 3. It has been an absolute pleasure sharing my journey with all of you lovely ladies and I feel privileged that you all shared your journeys with me :) I'll certainly miss this bit, hopefully it won't be too far in the future before I'm back in the pregnancy section with Alex's sibling! But for now, I'll see you all over in the mummy and baby forum! Xxx

Huge congratulations Dodsy :)

And yes, it's a sad day as it's bye bye Tri 3! Sob sob!

Congratulations Dodsy! Sorry to hear you had a tough time but good to see you have a little fighter on your hands.

Cx

Last edited:
Congratulations Dodsy. What an ordeal for you all. Glad to hear it all worked out and you are both safe and sound. What a head of hair little George has too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back