**** April 2015 Mummies ****

excellent now would b a gud time for a warm bath/shower mayb some relaxin music n snugglin with hubby perhaps...r u havin to breath through the contractions? getting a good deep breathing pattern helped me a lot throughout labour...

Yup having to breathe through them now and regular at 6 mins apart lasting about a minute. I'd have a bath but don't want to wake my toddler up. Definitely getting stronger and more intense though! Can't believe we're going to be meeting our son/daughter within the next day or so.

Eek good stuff. Just do wat u feel comfortable doin. Relaxin n restin r the order of the day at this point but I remember it well the excitement prevents sleep lol...

Urgh, getting further apart. Every 6-8 minutes or so. Think will try and get some rest. Really hope this isn't drawn out too much :lol:

yeah this happened to me halfway thru labour, if you let the excitement n organization get too high your adrenalin increases which reduces the oxytocin you produce which is the labour hormone, somewhere with ambient lighting, relaxin music etc encourages oxytocin along with hugs from hubby etc ...if it helps put bin liners on your windows...hubby did this for me as was too bright during day...

Good look rooster! Glad thing are finally happening for you naturally!

Things definitely feel like they are slowing down. So infuriating as I thought second labours were supposed to be quick! Luckily my OH works from home so will encourage him to do work (he's a contractor so only gets paid when he works) and will get my mum to have my son today.

Supposed to have a midwife appointment today... at this slow rate I could probably make it!

oo exciting rooster i hope they ramp up again today and shes here soon! thank you for your wishes everyone its been very difficult so far ;-( no sign of baby really and now i feel like im willing her to stay in for a while, crazy how things change! xxx

try not to get despondent, it may be a false alarm or maybe cos of your appt this avo and organising things you have switched off labour...yeah sounds crazy right? I never thought it was possible either but if in back of your mind you're not ready your mind can slow it down...sucks I know...I added 6hrs to my labour cos something was holding me back - realised later it was transition and was starting to get scared about the pushing phase....contractions went from 2 every 10mins to one every 15mins...keep trying to relax and hopefully things'll pick up...

also rooster my midwives and doula said it is very common for things to slow down during the day then ramp up at night...maybe like me you'll give birth tonight....

Things feels like they have stopped now my son is up. Going to walk him over to my folks now then get back to bouncing on my ball and see if things start again. Glad I have a midwife appointment later so can get check out down there!

Everything sounds encouraging Rooster! My contractions first time round never became regular and started and stopped and I still got to 8cm!

Hope things start up again soon ��

Xxx

It's just very frustrating! Grateful for this midwife appointment in an hour, see if anything I felt earlier has made a dent on the downstairs department! Still getting the off pain but not as painful or regular as before. Not sure whether to bounce on the ball or go to sleep.

Just back from MW. I'm 2-3cm dilated and contractions are back, had about 4 whilst there. Had a sweep too and been booked in for an induction on Saturday, though I don't think anyone thinks i'll need it.

Feeling quite sad really as just left my son. Things won't be the same when he sees me again. Hormones are making me cry haha. So pathetic!

Good news things are making a move for you rooster and there is some dilation happening! Keep us posted if you can and I hope you get to meet baby soon.

Due date for me today, but not a twinge in sight....I feel shattered and lathargic, but I think that's cos I'm a bit bored to be honest.
Going to Asda in a bit, just for something to do lol, then got another reflexology session this afternoon which I'm praying will start things off!
How's everyone else doing? X

Ahhhh good luck rooster!!! Good luck chick and hope things start to happen properly for you soon and you get to meet your little bundle of joy!
I felt exactly the same after I had Lilly cuz it was all be different we would no longer be a little unit of 3 anymore.

Hope you're all doing well! Mias finally been diagnosed with acid reflux. But wont prescribe anything just yet said to wait til we go for our 6 week check and they'll do a full check of it then.
Still on blood pressure meds for the next month twice a day then will be reviewed again x

Popping in from May mummies. Rooster good luck thinking about u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back