♡ October 2020 Mummies ♡

Hey ladies. So turns out I’m a September mum!! My baby was born 5th sept!! After a 10 day stay in neonatal unit he’s now home. It’s a boy! X

Congratulations glad ur little man is doing well and uz are home

Congratulations @PinkFlamingo! First baby in the group! I hope things weren't too scary but I'm glad you are both home now. I hope you are both settling in well at home with each other.

Ladies, I’ve had THE WORST back pain today, it’s bought me to tears! Every time I move I have a shooting pain down my coccyx, it feels like a slipped disk or trapped nerve. Wondering if this is a normal pregnancy thing or if I should call the Dr?

Ladies, I’ve had THE WORST back pain today, it’s bought me to tears! Every time I move I have a shooting pain down my coccyx, it feels like a slipped disk or trapped nerve. Wondering if this is a normal pregnancy thing or if I should call the Dr?

I had extreme back pain a few days ago. I called the midwives and they said it can be an impending labour sign but they weren’t concerned. Told me to take paracetamol and use a heat pack (which did nothing). Thankfully it only lasted 24hrs. I think if you’re in tears it’s always worth a phone call!

I had extreme back pain a few days ago. I called the midwives and they said it can be an impending labour sign but they weren’t concerned. Told me to take paracetamol and use a heat pack (which did nothing). Thankfully it only lasted 24hrs. I think if you’re in tears it’s always worth a phone call!
God, I bloody well hope not! I’m not remotely ready :talkhand: it’s been sore for about a week now but today has been on a whole new level, I can’t even shift position without a sudden burst of pain! I think I’ll call x

Oh @kj1 I really feel for you. I haven't had this in any of my other pregnancies but this one I have had quite a bit of trouble with my pelvic girdle pain. I couldn't really do anything for about 2 weeks but things have improved a lot especially since seeing the physio.

I would definitely call and if things aren't better tomorrow and you haven't been offered any help I wouldn't hesitate booking into a physio to see if they can help.

Reactions: kj1
My midwife told me told me to phone the physio for my coccyx and the exercises started to help straight away. Worth a call x

Reactions: kj1
Thanks ladies, it feels a little better today after a bit of walking around. I've bought a doughnut pillow to work which I can sit on - not sure why I didn't do this earlier! I'm ready to have my body back now x

I’ve got a special coccyx cushion its a game changer!!! :eek:

Touchwood, I haven't had any back issues! I would get a sore back when I was working from home on the computer all day but once I started mat leave it was fine and has stayed that way. Phew! I know what you mean about getting your body back though @kj1 - just being able to bend over, pick stuff up, roll over in bed - I cant wait haha

Touchwood, I haven't had any back issues! I would get a sore back when I was working from home on the computer all day but once I started mat leave it was fine and has stayed that way. Phew! I know what you mean about getting your body back though @kj1 - just being able to bend over, pick stuff up, roll over in bed - I cant wait haha

Omg the picking things up part x__x I'm dyspraxic (another fun part of autism) which means I'm naturally less co-ordinated so drop things/walk into things/bruise myself. Combine that with pregnancy and it's just a recipe for having to pick things up constantly, haha.

Omg the picking things up part x__x I'm dyspraxic (another fun part of autism) which means I'm naturally less co-ordinated so drop things/walk into things/bruise myself. Combine that with pregnancy and it's just a recipe for having to pick things up constantly, haha.
If I drop something now, it's staying there haha. Wait til you've got a fully grown baby in your way - I massively underestimated how difficult life gets!

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. Can’t upload a picture for some reason? Just keeps saying it’s to large. Little Monty’s doing really well, had his health check yesterday and is putting on weight, thank goodness.
Having your body back is definitely amazing!! So good being able to roll around in bed! Ha! However the sleepless nights are killing me!! Can’t wait to sit back now and see your little ones arriving x

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes. Can’t upload a picture for some reason? Just keeps saying it’s to large. Little Monty’s doing really well, had his health check yesterday and is putting on weight, thank goodness.
Having your body back is definitely amazing!! So good being able to roll around in bed! Ha! However the sleepless nights are killing me!! Can’t wait to sit back now and see your little ones arriving x
Oh thats so good to hear! Try taking a screenshot of the actual picture, usually makes the file smaller. We have already had another arrival from @fein _but_waiting! - her baby girl came early but is doing well, the update was in the Facebook group! Oh and love the name, so cute!!! X

Oh thats so good to hear! Try taking a screenshot of the actual picture, usually makes the file smaller. We have already had another arrival from @fein _but_waiting! - her baby girl came early but is doing well, the update was in the Facebook group! Oh and love the name, so cute!!! X

Two October babies now! :O

Love the name @PinkFlamingo and really happy to hear he's putting weight on! I can't believe we already have two October babies.

I thought something might be happening yesterday, I had 4 hours straight of regular BH in the evening and my back was in agony! They were getting quite strong and started getting a little crampy but subsided after I got in the bath. Typical.

Love the name @PinkFlamingo and really happy to hear he's putting weight on! I can't believe we already have two October babies.

I thought something might be happening yesterday, I had 4 hours straight of regular BH in the evening and my back was in agony! They were getting quite strong and started getting a little crampy but subsided after I got in the bath. Typical.
Oh well thats still promising I guess! I haven't had any signs yet, no braxton hicks at all up to now. I think it'll probs be another couple weeks for me! Hopefully not longer though haha

I’ve had exactly this (regular, painful contractions that I’ve sworn are real labour) almost nightly since 36 weeks and at my 38 week appointment my cervix was posterior, high, and not even a little bit dilated. I’m so fed up!!! Two weeks of only getting 2-4hrs sleep at night due to contractions and it’s not even doing anything..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back