TTC Weight loss thread :)

I always feel better when I stay gluten free as well MrsS15, sometimes I find it really easy, other times not.

Can you make soup and take it in a flask? Perhaps with some gluten free oat cakes? I've got a lovely carrot, ginger and coconut soup recipe if you want it - I loath cooking but this one's really easy.

The odd cheat night definitely helps :)

Yes please Syd that would be excellent :) xx

OMG um officially in love with Naked bakewell tart bar ...gluten free vegan and made with only fruit and nuts
It's so nice :)

How's everyone doing today?

xxxxx

Oooooh I don't think I've ever tried that one, I buy them for my son all the time.
I've don't pretty well today.
Breakkie - low carb chia & flax seeds porridge.
Snack - nuts
Lunch - cauliflower cou cous chicken salad
Snack - grapes and mini mars bar
Dinner - baked chicken and cooked spinach
Snack - kale crisps

I've been trying to get my son to sleep for 2 hours so think I need some wine now!!

Xxx

Hi, sorry for the delay, here's the soup recipe:

Carrot, ginger and coconut milk soup (this makes a lot)
Rachel Allen's Soup recipe found online

3 tbsp coconut oil
2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
800g carrots, peeled and grated
2 tbsp peeled and finely chopped root ginger
824ml chicken or vegetable stock
400ml tin of coconut milk
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped coriander, to serve

Pour the coconut oil into a large saucepan on a medium heat and, when hot, add the onions and garlic.
Cover with a lid and sweat for six to eight minutes or until softened but not browned.
Stir in the grated carrots with the ginger, then cover again with the lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for
eight to 10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
Pour in the stock and coconut milk, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for two to three
minutes.
Remove from the heat and liquidise the soup in a blender, or use a hand-held blender, then place back
on the hob and heat through again.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander

It's really nice. I hate grating stuff - too impatient plus I always end up grating my fingers - so I just buy the ready grated carrots or the bag of ready chopped carrot batons - they work just as well. Enjoy!

3 tbsp coconut oil

Pour the coconut oil into a large saucepan on a medium heat and, when hot, add the onions and garlic.
Cover with a lid and sweat for six to eight minutes or until softened but not browned.
Stir in the grated carrots with the ginger, then cover again with the lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for
Pour in the stock and coconut milk, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for two to three
minutes.
Remove from the heat and liquidise the soup in a blender, or use a hand-held blender, then place back

It's really nice. I hate grating stuff - too impatient plus I always end up grating my fingers - so I just buy the ready grated carrots or the bag of ready chopped carrot batons - they work just as well. Enjoy!
That sounds lovely :)
I'm doing ok just finding it difficult on an evening and weekend when I'm prone to snacking
So far today I've had

Porridge with blueberries and Honey
Feta cheese beetroot and spinach salad no dressing
Nakd cocoa orange bar
2 oranges

How's everyone else doing?

xxxxxx

Oh ive also had 2 green teas and 1 coffee plus water

xxxx

I haven't read all of this thread but can I join please?

I have already lost 1 stone have 1 more to go! I've stayed the same for 3 weeks though so looks like I'm slowing up with the weight loss now but never mind. What a good idea Clover :) I hope you are okay xxx

3 tbsp coconut oil

minutes.

That sounds lovely :)
I'm doing ok just finding it difficult on an evening and weekend when I'm prone to snacking
So far today I've had

Porridge with blueberries and Honey
Feta cheese beetroot and spinach salad no dressing
Nakd cocoa orange bar
2 oranges

How's everyone else doing?

xxxxxx

That's impressive Clover. I've been rubbish today, pre-AF spotting has started meaning I'm out this month so I'm eating out of misery. I'm out of the country for the rest of the week at a conference so it will only get worse...

I have loads of choccys left over from xmas, I want to eat them all atm! And everything else fed up of dieting already! Wish it was easy!

That soup sounds delicious! Going to have to try it... with pre-grated carrots (or batons)! Xx

Has anyone been watching how to lose weight well on channel 4?
It's so interesting they test out different diets each week
I'm off to buy some Grapefruit tomorrow. ...it's good for TTC too :)

Xxxx

Grapefruit, is it?? Need to get me some of that!!

Had a good day today
Breakkie - smoked salmon, feta scrambled eggs & rocket
Lunch - goats cheese spinach salad
Snack - 1 chic digestive
Dinner - poached salmon and edamame bean salad
1 glass red wine, few nuts God knows how many coffees and fruit teas!

Xxx

Well I've lost 11lb in 11 days , Im now 12 st 6 I was 13st 4 so I'm so happy! !!!!!
I think some of the weight was AF/water but I'm still happy still got a way to go to get down to my target 10 stone unless I get my Bfp then I will try to maintain , but do far almost a stone off :)
I've got a great app on my phone called my fitness coach which you can log all your food in

How's everyone?

xxxxxx

xxxx

I'm so hungry!!!
But at least I'm thinking about food and not so much ttc lol

xxxxc

Hi Girls
How are we all doing? It's gone a little bit quiet
Last night I was craving chocolate so I had 2 dark chocolate rice thins they were really nice
Weekend is almost here and that's when I'm most likely to snack!!!!
Happy Friday everyone :)

Xxxx

Happy Friday too!!

Oh god been terrible today.
After really eating clean all week i've eaten today toast, 2x twix, cereal bar, scrambled eggs and beans, a scone.

So absolutely no nutrition!

Will go food shopping tomorrow and get back on it!

xx

Wow, that's amazing Clover - well done! I'm still overseas so eating and drinking far too much. Will try and have a really "clean" two weeks when I get back.

Well I'm treating myself tonight after a good week, a glass of wine and a few maltteasers :)

Tonks a day of treats isn't bad hun you need to have what you enjoy in moderation

Hope your having a lovely holiday Syd43, and don't worry about it while away, there is time enough to be good when u get back ;)

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back