TTC Weight loss thread :)

I love Spanish chicken pasta.. I quite fancy that with tagliatelle.

xxx

We had pasta bolognese for dinner last night. Trying to reduce my pasta intake. Although spanish pasta sounds amazing!!

I could maybe just do spanish chicken with rice? xx

I wasn't great yesterday, I really need to be more focused!!

Today so far I've had gluten free bran flakes, skimmed milk with a banana in it and a glass of water.

Not idea for lunch though, maybe a small baked potato with ham and salad? Or maybe just a ham salad!

Got chicken for dinner, any meal inspirations for it?? xx

How about sweet potato wedges with your ham salad?

One of my favourite things to do with chicken is a one stop dish. Tray of veg (I usually do red peppers, onion, carrots, aubergine, garlic and, at this time of year, brussels sprouts), put the chicken on top, dabs of coconut oil all over and roast the whole lot in the oven. I either add some sweet potato to the tray or have it with a bit of rice.

That sounds yummy Syd. I need to go do a big shop and I'll be adding your recipe to my list!! xx

Hi, if anyone's bloated or gassy, I use peppermint tea to get rid of it, hope I've helped someone lol x

Hi Girls,
Sorry I've been absent from the forum since yesterday morning, just been so busy at work and home, hadn't much chance to get on,
just been reading your posts and catching up,

Phoenixgirl, I did the Clean9 and lost 11lb, but put it back on after, its a great way to kick start weightloss but you need to be really strict afterwards because you do put more weight on if you're not carful (as I found out )
oh and we don't mind you posting even though your not wanting to lose weight, I think its good that you are eating healthily to improve your health and for TTC , and your tips and advice is great, especially since you also have PCOS :)

I've not been very good to be honest, I did well yesterday up to Teatime when I was tired cold and Hungry, I had pie, chips and mushy peas with 2 slices of bread...then 3 lint chocolates and a glass of wine :wall2: I don't know why, I can be good all day but when I get home from work I'm awful

so I'm being good today

Ive resisted handmade shortbread biscuits at a school :shakehead: I had a banana instead :)

so todays food ....

Porridge with honey and Maca (thanks phoenix)
Bananna
piripiri chicken and egg salad

I'm not a fan of chicken or any meat really so any suggestions to an alternative?
I love Cheese

xxxx

Brown (wholewheat) pasta is a great alternative and actually has health benefits. We only get that now and DH even prefers it to white! Xx

Clover - I think cheese is ok.

Do you like fish? Salmon especially is great. If not, veg fajitas (made with coconut oil and wholemeal wraps of course) x

Clover I'm not a big meat fan either I have a lot of feta cheese. Feta cheese, spinach, spring onion and cherry tomato omelette I have a lot for breakkie. With half an avacado. Feta cheese and cherry tomato in a baked sweet potato is yummy too.

Today wasn't a great day today!
Breakkie - 2 poached eggs on 1 slice of rye bread
Snack - banana
Lunch - humus broccoli green bean salad
Snack - some choccie biscuits
Dinner - tortellini (I was lazy)
4 cups of coffee and 4 fruit teas
Now eating a massive bag of skittles and the red wine is looking at me!!

Xxx

Hi Tonks
I love Feta cheese and tomatoes especially cherry tomatoes on the vine, love eggs too so ommlette sounds really good...I'm going to call and get some feta from the Supermarket on my way home
I also have some sweet potatoes so I will have a baked one for dinner tomorrow

Phenioxgirl I do like Salmon but went a bit overboard a few months ago when I read it is a good food for fertility, I haven't had it for a while so I may include it in my diet but limit it to twice a week not every day!!!
I will have to buy some coconut oil and wholemeal pasta,

Tonks you know a glass of red wine occasionally is supposed to be good for you ...good excuse eh?? ;)

xxxxx

I'm like u Clover all day I can eat really well then I get home and go into hibernation mode and eat loads of crap! Ha xx

I'm like u Clover all day I can eat really well then I get home and go into hibernation mode and eat loads of crap! Ha xx
I know hun I'm sooooooo bad, I just want to eat everything on sn evening, I don't know why???
I'm sat in A&E and ive just bought a hot chocolate ...gotta have a treat for being so good today ;)

xxxxxx

Treats are ok now and then... I just had chips!!!

Dark chocolate is great as a sweet treat. I keep some in my drawer at work with a bag of nuts from Lidl :)

It's definitely harder to be good in winter.

That salmon talk has reminded me I haven't had it for a while. Love it with rice, broccoli and horseradish. Going home to beef curry tonight so not that good but home made which is something I guess.

Slimming World is my saviour when it comes to weight loss, I love eating and it just fits the bill.

I'm a massive runner and run for a local running club, 3 runs and week and kettle bell and still overweight (BMI 27!)

I think TTC can be a stressor :-( and I do use food as an escape sometimes.

New year new us hey! If you lose 1lb a week that's 3 1/2 stone! I've accepted that small losses are best!

I'm like a tortoise!

Doesn't muscle weigh more then fat? Therefore, your bmi really doesn't take into account does it?

I would love to be a runner... But in truth I look like phoebe from friends ha!

Yes BMI is totally rubbish. It annoys me so much when doctors use it as it can be so misleading. Muscle weighs more than fat and so someone who is just a little bit muscly can easily have an 'overweight' BMI. Best ways to judge progress are using fat monitors (contained in many modern scales) or simply by using a tape measure to monitor inch loss. Don't get yourself down over BMI!

I've never been but I have a few friends who rave about Slimming World.

I've just made a veggie sweet potato and feta cheese ommlette. ..yummy :)
Half for tea half for dinner tomorrow

3cdd1c8e58b4250906d7021f9ced2d35.jpg

xxxx

So dieting is ruined today, going to an all you can eat with the in laws :/ and I not paying £17 for salad lol!
On the plus side lost another 1lbs so my BMI is finally under 33!

Last edited:
Well done PeanutButter
Enjoy your meal today and don't worry, we can all enjoy a treat now and again ...I just need to do it less often!!!
I'm at work and really craving something sweet, ive cut out most sugar in my diet and I'm feeling the effects, I used to have 2 sugars in my coffee plus biscuits and chocolate at lunch/snack times

Today's food

Breakfast- Porridge with honey
Lunch -Half a feta, sweet potato and veg ommlette with spinach salad

Snacks - banana & an orange

Drinks- 2 nettle teas
1 coffee no sugar
1 bottle of water

Exercise - 60 squats

how's everyone doing?

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online