TTC Weight loss thread :)

I mean well in the day but for the past two nights I've found myself going through the cupboards for chocolate! I'm talking like 3am!! I only have a tiny bit, a spoon of Nutella or a bite of jacks chocolate Santa but it's terrible!
I've had fruit and yoghurt for brekky, 2 satsumas, 2 coffees, I'm about to make a ham omelette and fancy baked sweet potato with salmon for tea.
It's so annoying, I LOVE fruit and veg, I really do. So I should be slim. But I love chocolate and carbs more!! Xxxxx

Hi ladies, great thread. I also think BMIs are a bit rubbish.

Someone else may already have mentioned this, I haven't read through all the comments, but I know a couple of people that have struggled to get pregnant for ages, switched to clean eating, and then gotten pregnant. That basically means nothing processed or artificial, only natural, fresh ingredients - organic where possible. Not too much gluten. Nothing low fat, low sugar etc. You're much better off having a bit of full fat cheese, milk etc. No sugar or sugar substitutes.. There are some really good clean eating recipe books out there. I'm a bit hit and miss with my clean eating - more miss than hit since December. It's not difficult as such but requires a fair amount of planning which is my downfall.

I've now read through - basically I just repeated what Phonixgirl already said :)

Someone else may already have mentioned this, I haven't read through all the comments, but I know a couple of people that have struggled to get pregnant for ages, switched to clean eating, and then gotten pregnant. That basically means nothing processed or artificial, only natural, fresh ingredients - organic where possible. Not too much gluten. Nothing low fat, low sugar etc. You're much better off having a bit of full fat cheese, milk etc. No sugar or sugar substitutes.. There are some really good clean eating recipe books out there. I'm a bit hit and miss with my clean eating - more miss than hit since December. It's not difficult as such but requires a fair amount of planning which is my downfall.

I did try this. Last June, July, August, September and October I was so so so so good. No alcohol or anything. Then from October onwards I have eaten absolutely everything in sight. When I eat crap, I tend to get awful migraines and I didn't have a single one in the summer while I was eating better but the past few weeks after eating like a pig over Christmas I've had about 3. Including one that lasted 5 days!! Now I have a BFP I'm definitely going to be eating better, just need to get my head in the game xxx

I did try this. Last June, July, August, September and October I was so so so so good. No alcohol or anything. Then from October onwards I have eaten absolutely everything in sight. When I eat crap, I tend to get awful migraines and I didn't have a single one in the summer while I was eating better but the past few weeks after eating like a pig over Christmas I've had about 3. Including one that lasted 5 days!! Now I have a BFP I'm definitely going to be eating better, just need to get my head in the game xxx

My downfall is getting home from work late and not having any food in the house - straight to the nearest take-away. Well - wine and chocolate is also my downfall.

I've now read through - basically I just repeated what Phonixgirl already said :)
I think this is definitely the way to go girls, it's not about fad diets and low fat, it's about healthy eating and preparing our bodies for pregnancy, I do want to lose weight but I want to be pregnant more!!
I've normally got really good willpower when I set my mind to it, but I just can't seem to get the motivation to eat better and lose weight, I feel depressed because I'm overweight and can't get pregnant but then I eat when I'm depressed. ..it's a vicious cycle
...oh and I'm addicted to carbs :(

xxxxxx

Im starting to bloat out.... I always do in my 2WW :oooo:

Feeling rather frumpy. Yesterday I ate I was so full I looked like full on baby bloat.

I hate my pouch, unless it was filled with a baby then I hate it.

Shiiit just remembered ive not took my vits in a few days :doh:

xxxx

Hiiii :wave: can I join? I am doing the slim fast diet - Without the slim fast. So basically the same amount of cals. I can have one of them thins, ham salad cream and 100 cal crisps for lunch. Sometimes I do the homemade soup with a thin. Yesterday I had half a large wrap filled with chicken salad and cheese spread. The soup maker is great tho! I love bread!

So 230 cals breakfast, 230 cals lunch, 3 X 100cal snacks and a healthy tea (not my usual massive portion!)

It's works for me so I can have bread and crisps!

Good luck to u all xx

i need toast. i need toast right now! luckily we dont have any bread. i banned it when i decided i had to eat less carbs. ive been so good all day! does anyone else get like this? straight after tea, just want to eat everything until bedtime! xxx

It's so difficult... but a guy at work is doing the Clean9! He basically has aloe vera gel and tablets for breakfast, a shake for lunch and the gel again for tea (although from day 3 you can have a small evening meal). I smelled the gel and omg it's disgusting! He paid £100 for the privilege and it only lasts 9 days... Plus once you're eating, you've got to buy you're own meals too. So I'm sure we can do our diets!

I did have a few small potatoes with my dinner tonight but that was nothing compared to what I used to have.

Today's food diary:

Breakfast - porridge with maca
Lunch - soup
Dinner - chicken with veg and a small amount of new potatoes
Snacks - banana, grapes and a piece of dark chocolate

I saw on the news that women are more prone to gestational diabetes if they eat potatoes more than three times a week, apparently due to the starch. It didn't surprise me at all but bad news for us potato fans :-(

I hope you ladies don't mind me joining in on this thread. I am trying to diet even though I'm not trying to lose weight (actually trying to put on). Interestingly, since I've changed my diet, I am fine with stuff cooked at home but get a tummy ache and feel bloated after eating out or having takeaways. Maybe it's because I only use coconut oil in cooking now? Or that I just don't eat a lot of carbs?

Xxx

i need toast. i need toast right now! luckily we dont have any bread. i banned it when i decided i had to eat less carbs. ive been so good all day! does anyone else get like this? straight after tea, just want to eat everything until bedtime! xxx

What about multi-seeded granary bread? You could have a slice of that now and then. White is awful but that stuff has benefits! Xx

This is a brill idea.

I'm def up for getting healthier and now I'm back on the TTC wagon there's no better time for me to improve it and sustain it forever (well that's my ambition).

Over the last year weight has been slowly creeping up on me and it doesn't help that I have found out 4 times that I have been preggers and it's after I lose them I get sad want to drink wine and then have a headache the next day and eat crap. My jeans are very very tight and uncomfortable at the moment so if I can get back to feeling comfortable then I'll be happy.

Clover I was carb mad for years the thought of ever trying to reduce my intake would literally give me a panic attack! I have indigestion a lot and when I was preggers my god it was horrific. I started doing clean eating only having carbs if I'd exercised (which I don't do much so no carbs for me), no processed food but simple food. For the few months I kept it up my indigestion completely disappeared, I felt much more energetic and never had bloating once even during the usual days in the month. And as long as I planned the meals I didn't miss carbs once and now I never have sandwiches for lunch or cereal for breakkie. In fact I def think wheat triggers off my indigestion so now I only eat rye bread if I do have any bread.

I brought Joe Wicks Lean in 15 recently I'd really recommend it, and there are loads of clean eating inspirations on instagram I follow.
I'm also thinking about buying Zita West Eat yourself pregnant - has anyone got it??

Kittyrooroo - I struggle in the evening I eat my sons babybels and snacks!! I've had a glass of red wine tonight :)-()

It will give me more motivation to tell you all what I ate in the day - but it might bore you though! LOL
xxx

One is ok right?

I sure hope so, it was shouting my name from the cupboard!!

xxxx

Attachments

• 20160113_213434~2.jpg
    20160113_213434~2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 8
Oh god I would end up eating the whole bag!!
Xx

I would also eat the whole bag!!!! If they have white choc in them I am likely to eat them in about 30 seconds!

Today I had
Rice crispies 30g, Semi skimmed milk, cup of tea
brown bread, ham, salad cream, quavers (didn't have any thins so went over my calls by 100 so won't have a snack)
chicken, 5% fat chips, peas, light mayo

I just can't eat salad and stuff I got to have something substantial or ill end up going to Spar and getting some chocolate.

had custard and sponge cake..... forgot to mention. Back on the wagon now until Saturday. cheat treat day.

Last edited:
Another 1lbs off today!! So glad my hubby didn't convince me to have that takeaway last night aha. These teas are amazing! X

I wasn't great yesterday, I really need to be more focused!!

Today so far I've had gluten free bran flakes, skimmed milk with a banana in it and a glass of water.

Not idea for lunch though, maybe a small baked potato with ham and salad? Or maybe just a ham salad!

Got chicken for dinner, any meal inspirations for it?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back