Weight!

Olive

Reaction score
Talking of food, has anyone put on weight since ttc? I friggin have! I lost 2.5 stone last year, size 16 to 10/12 and this year I've put on a stone. In reality I put on half before ttc, but I just find myself thinking fook it and eating as if I'm already pg. It's mad and a tad sad too! Seriously considering slimming world tmrw before I put it all back on. Was so pleased with myself and I'm just ruining it!

xxx

I lost 3 stone hun and then put 1.5 back on when started to ttc! i think it is the stress makes me eat! lol

I think the time of year doesn't help either. I managed to lose about a stone at the beginning of the year but when the nights get darker and it gets colder I start eating more. Part of it is probably because I can't get out as much so it's like a comfort thing, rather than going out for a walk or a drive, we're sitting in with a film and snacking. I've put on about half of what I lost earlier in the year now.

You're not alone. :) But you might find joining a slimming club helpful for motivation if you're wanting to lose weight, I've known loads of people who have gone and found it helped. :)

Totally understand, since I started TTC I've put on a stone! The 2ww is my problem, if I feel hungry I think oh maybe I'm pregnant so I should eat!

I want to be pregnant so bad:(

i have just literally wolfed down 2 mince pies...it's not even xmas yet!!! xx

Yes i have actually.

I've put on about a stone and considering i'm only 5'2 - thats a LOT of weight!

I think it due to several factors - feeding "the baby", thinking that i'm going to get fat when i'm pregnant anyway, comfort eating...

Last edited:
Does anyone else's OH insist on feeding them up in case they're pregnant? Mine does. :rolleyes: Doesn't help with the weight thing.

Does anyone else's OH insist on feeding them up in case they're pregnant? Mine does. :rolleyes: Doesn't help with the weight thing.

mine is the opposite....trying to make me eat healthy stuff and do gentle exercise so there are not as many risks when pregnant...he does have a point. my bmi is too high and i know i need to lose weight, probably need to lose to actually conceive......like my food though :( xx

Lol cool glad I'm not alone then! I'm the same re "feeding the baby". I have a total food baby! We were walking home from the pub on Sunday and we got fish and chips. I swear the weight of paper all wrapped up (and warm ha ha) was the same as a baby. I was even commenting to OH walking home carrying the food baby. MENTAL! Lol.

I joined Slimming World before and works for me, so may well go back and shift this ******* of a food baby. Want to trade it for a real one!

OK just re-read I am officially losing my marbles
xxx

I could stand to lose a few pounds if I'm not careful I'll be heading into bad BMI territory.

It's never the healthy stuff he tries to give me extra of though, always my favourite unhealthy things which I can't say no to. ;)

My OH is a feeder and we've both travelled a lot so we love a lot of different foods but he does try to feed me, I put on weight before I had my LO about a stone before Id even started, and its starting again now, I do exercise though as I dont want to get like before where I was so unfit everything was extra hard work because the the extra weight - I STILL LOVE FOOD THOUGH

I went to doctor in March extremely stressed with work, pissed off at being so fat and wanting another baby. Doc very sensible said not to ttc, get my BMI to under 30 and now lost over 2 stone to get to under 30 Bmi. Talked to oh saying id reached my target to ttc, not stressed at work and doc had me on folic acid for over 4 months. Weight however since ttc has crept up to over 30 BMI cos put on 4 lbs in 2 weeks. Every day I say right.....back on track. So why did I eat 3....yes 3 packets of monster munch today? Oh but I did do an hour workout this morning from fitness tv and went to aquaerobics tonight but why do I blow ut by eating shite?? Alarm is set an hour early tomorrow so can treadmill before kids get up... hey ho....oh forgot to mention, my hubby is a super duper fit firefighter, ex boxer with muscles on muscles, trains with weights every day and can't understand why I can't do any more than 3 press ups....last night he made me drop and give him 50....no shit, it took me about half an hour but I was determined to do it. Now I ache soooo bad but it better be worth it. Want to lose another stone if I can while waiting....

i've put on half a stone while ttc! but i was only 7st before ttc and mu hubby went on and on! he is a feeder and said i need more meat on my bones! haha!
I am like you louise only 5ft2 ish so any weight i put on seems alot to me! got nowhere to put it :)
Cant wait to get pregnant and have a big bump!

haha! no its not you i'm just from a small family my mum and sisiter same size and height as me! weird! like a family of dwarfs :) haha, i intend on putting on plenty if i get pregnany again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back