TTC Weight loss thread :)

Clover

Reaction score
Hey girlie's
As most of you know I've been on this forum for over a year now but been TTC for 21 months
I've put on almost 3 stone since beginning TTC in June 2014 I've not had a sniff of a Bfp
I really would like to lose at least a stone if that weight if not more before I get a Bfp as I know I will gain weight when pregnant
I'm only CD 2 so at the moment I'm a bit down about everything but I need to get myself motivated as I'm sure my weight is hindering my chances
I worked out my BMI yesterday and it's actually 31 and I'm Obese. ..I dont feel Obese as I'm a size 14 lol

Anyone who would like to join me and hopefully we can motivate each other :)

I haven't thought about HOW I'm going to lose weight or diet plans etc so if anyone's got any ideas please post them

Thank you and baby dust to all :)

Xxxx

Morning! You don't sound obese! I think BMI is a load of crap anyway, I have no idea why doctors still go by it! Apparently I'm overweight and I'm a size 10-12.
I lost 2 and a half stone last year up until October when I went on an all inclusive holiday and when I came home started Christmas eating early and just never stopped! If I lose another stone I'll be the same weight I was when I conceived the first time.
Slimming world and weight watchers don't work for me. I think it's all the carbs you're allowed. My body just won't let me eat carbs. So I just count calories. I start off easy though so I don't feel like I'm being starved.
I try and eat well and make good choices day to day now but I'm not being strict enough and I'm not losing anything!
I have a gym membership but I only really go swimming! I'm trying a yoga class tomorrow though xxx

I tend not to go with a BMI calculator. I know Drs do, which I suppose we kinda do need to go by when complying with them ie TTC lol...

I am BMI 23 which is actually right in the middle, I am a size 10 however, I have put on a shit load of weight.. I was previously a size 6-8 and to be fair my BMI was at the lower side of healthy.

I dont want to lose weight as such, if anything perhaps a half of a stone which I could easily just do 1lb a week. Im in no rush. I need to change my life style food wise.

Ive already switched from coke to water for the past few weeks, and only just weighed myself yesterday. I am 10st, if anything I think Ive lost inches or water weight as trousers are a bit baggier.

Anyway, we are doing a fat club at work, basically cutting out crap and weighign every week. So I dont mind joining and doing my bit on here too.

xxxx

Hi this sounds great! I'm currently doing bootea teatox to kick start off my diet. I have a BMI of 33 :( which puts me as obese, I'm a size 16 this is the biggest I've ever been. Apparently I need to losend 6 stone to get your my ideal weight which would out me u derby 9 stone, when I was 11 stone my ribs stocked out, I'm a big lady as in it have very big hips and my shoulders are as broad as my hubby's I'm 5'7/8. So I think losing 6 stone is a bit unrealistic for me, but I want to get back to 11 stone so I need to lose 4 stone. Good luck ladies! Xx

Hi Ladies! !!

Kittyrooroo I can't belive at a size 10/12 your classed as Overweight! I really think that everyone's body shape is differant and people can weigh more but only be a size 10 and be perfectly healthy
I am also a carb freak and love bread potatoes, pasta, pastry, cakes biscuits...oh my and Cheese I love all cheeses brie, canenbert, blue Stilton, yum yum! !!!!
I need to stop eating the things I like haha ;)

RM you look tiny in all the photos I've seen of you, but can understand if you were smaller you will feel big compared to what you were...good idea about a work 'fat club' there are 3 of us 'trying' to lose weight so er all suppose act other. ..In a staff meeting last week one of the team brought a box of Quality street so we all pigged out then moaned about it all afternoon lol

PeanutButter how are you doing on the Bootea ? I know someone who got her Bfp after doing the Detox, I'm thinking of getting the C9 again as I lost 11lb in 9 days on it but then was really bad and put it all back on
I will try to find my before and after pics, I was a stone lighter before I did the C9 than I am now anyway! !
I can't believe that you would have to be down to 9 stone to be an ideal weight?? I look skinny at 11 stone and if I go under 10 stone I look boney!! So people are different and carry their weight differantly
Good luck hun and let us know how the Bootea detox goes :)

xxxxxx

:rofl: youv not seen me from behind ;)

The ass is nicknamed Jabba the Hutt...

xxxx

I'm just trying to find a medical journal I was reading last week, about how the result of a low carbohydrate and high fat diet had 'significant' positive results when it came to getting pregnant... will post a link when I find it.

Hormones and insulin are so closely linked and reducing your insulin levels by really watching the types and amount of carbohydrate your eat is a really good way of getting hormone levels more balanced and therefore improving chances of getting pregnant. Obviously as a positive side effect most people lose excess weight and it can mitigate a lot of the issues caused by PCOS etc.

Last edited:
Well not very good at the moment, it supposed to suppress your appetite and I'm eating more than ever! Usually go until dinner without a meal and just have a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar until then, now I'm eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with loads of snacks I between, I suppose itso good making me eat properly during the day, but I've gained 2lbs since yesterday!
What are you ladies snacking on between meals?

I'm really bad with snacks PeanutButter
I've had a healthy chicken salad for lunch but spoilt it by just having a flake and a bag of mini cheddar that I found in my work bag...oops ;)

Birdie that's really interesting
I have PCOS so really need to improve my diet dramatically, I just love bad carbohydrates :(
I will be strong! !!
I've done rubbish today so I'm going to start tomorrow haha
If you can find the article I would be really interested to read it

RM you know a big bootie is all the rage at the moment, my 15 year old is doing squats every day to get a bigger bum bless her!!!

xxxxx

Well yes mine is half manufactured. I do alot of twerking :lol: but it needs to be rounded!!

And my pouch doesnt want to shift despite it being 3 years post partum :lol:

xxxx

Still trying to find the medical journal... I thought it was BMJ but i'm not finding it on google at the moment - will keep looking.

When I did LC/HF 4 years ago (and then fell pregnant with my son) I followed this Swedish Doctor's general diet advice and I see he's actually got stuff up specifically for fertility now... there is an interview with a fertility Dr which might be interesting to someone :) (it is to me but i'm very pro-LC/HF already!)

http://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-eat-to-get-pregnant

Last edited:
Hey ladies,

I am so jealous as I am in much worse situation that you. I joined WW last week and nearly passed out when I got on the scales and 25st flashed back!!! I honestly don't know how I let this happen I am so ashamed. I do have a great fertility doctor who assures me it probably isn't my weight stopping me getting pregnant as all my bloods etc and ovaries looks normal and healthy no sign of PCOS. But i'm not ovulating and I really feel the two must be connected. I'm at a stage now where I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and no way will I be able to do IVF at this weight. I can pay for IVF that isn't a problem but I don't think any private clinic will do it. I'm in such a mess.... :-(

Hi ladies.
I'm a massive slimming world supporter!
Since this time last year I have lost 2 stone. ive had a nice break over Xmas and overindulgence and this has been my first week back on plan. I've lost 5lbs this week :)
I've also bought a kettlebell to work out with in front of the to after the boy has gone to bed. No way I can commit to a gym 😂
I'm going for concentrating on losing weight and toning up at the minute rather then trying to get pregnant. Coming up to a year of trying... Need another focus to stop me going doolally!

Good luck everyone on your weight loss journeys
Xx

Slimming World is my saviour when it comes to weight loss, I love eating and it just fits the bill.
I'm a massive runner and run for a local running club, 3 runs and week and kettle bell and still overweight (BMI 27!)
I think TTC can be a stressor :-( and I do use food as an escape sometimes.

New year new us hey! If you lose 1lb a week that's 3 1/2 stone! I've accepted that small losses are best!

I'm like a tortoise!

Slimming World is my saviour when it comes to weight loss, I love eating and it just fits the bill.
I'm a massive runner and run for a local running club, 3 runs and week and kettle bell and still overweight (BMI 27!)
I think TTC can be a stressor :-( and I do use food as an escape sometimes.

New year new us hey! If you lose 1lb a week that's 3 1/2 stone! I've accepted that small losses are best!

I'm like a tortoise!

Doesn't muscle weigh more then fat? Therefore, your bmi really doesn't take into account does it?
I would love to be a runner... But in truth I look like phoebe from friends ha!

I'm just trying to find a medical journal I was reading last week, about how the result of a low carbohydrate and high fat diet had 'significant' positive results when it came to getting pregnant... will post a link when I find it.

Hormones and insulin are so closely linked and reducing your insulin levels by really watching the types and amount of carbohydrate your eat is a really good way of getting hormone levels more balanced and therefore improving chances of getting pregnant. Obviously as a positive side effect most people lose excess weight and it can mitigate a lot of the issues caused by PCOS etc.

I am not trying to lose weight but am trying to eat more healthily to help my hormones - and I totally back this! Go low carb and cut out refined sugar. Basic rules are switch white to brown and swap potatoes for sweet potatoes. If you do love potatoes (like me) then have them a couple of days a week but not every day. And swap all your oils for raw, organic coconut oil, it's sooo good for losing weight and balancing hormones!

When it comes to drinks, ideally drink only water and green tea (ideally decaf). Green tea is great for weight loss. The flavoured ones taste better and I sometimes put honey in it (natural so ok and great up to ov).

Watch out for low fat products as they are likely to be high in sugar. You're best off going for full fat products and even having full fat milk as we are ttc. I haven't cut out dairy at all. Think of all that calcium :) If you don't want normal milk, a good alternative is coconut milk. It tastes yummy and is really good for you.

A day's meals might look like this:

Breakfast - porridge with sliced banana (plus honey and maca up to ov; maybe cinnamon otherwise)
Lunch - chicken salad or soup
Dinner - chicken or fish with veg
Snacks - fruit, raw veg or nuts

The girl next to me at work went on this diet and lost 5 lbs in a week!

Xx

Hi phonixgirl
I am definitely going to try your diet, the fact that I can still have dairy is good :) and yes I love potatoes but can switch to sweet potatoes
I'm going shopping after work so will be stocking up on healthy food :)

xxxxxx

I badly need to get in on this. I'm about a stone and a half heavier than what I was a year and a half ago. So annoyed at myself! I lost 23lb on ww before but now I'm gluten free I think I'll find that harder. Lots of gluten free things are quite high in calories! I'm good all during the week then I blow it at the weekends. Greedy bitch!

I don't actually have a clue what I weigh right now (basing weight gain on what I weighed last time I checked!). I'm going to get new scales today. I'm still a size 10/12 but I'm only 5ft 1 so don't carry my weight as well. I've also got huge boobs so I feel top heavy. Really want to lose a bit before being pregnant xx

Last edited:
Hey Leah
I know what you mean about pigging out on a weekend I'm bad at weekends and evenings I'm trying to reduce my carbs and sugar eat more fruit and vegetables protein and drink more water...sounds simple haha !!!!
So far today I've had

Porridge and honey
small Banana ×2
Chicken salad
Fruit pot
2 coffees
1 nettle tea

For tea I'm planning fish and veg

I thought we could write what we are eating every day then we can swap diet tips and ideas ;)

xxxxx

That diet sounds good! Think I may try it after I finish this tea detox. Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 4lbs so I've lost 2lbs from my starting weight.but these teas are meant to make you use the loo loads and I'd anything it's, making me do the opposite :blush: but losing 4lbs overnight isn't so bad xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back