The WTT Chat Thread

CARNAT22.. My understanding is that when LO turns 3 they are eligible for the free 15 hours of childcare, whether in a school nursery setting or not. You can start claiming 1st jan, 1st April or 1st sept depending on when they were born. Which is really annoying in our instance as T was born on 1st April so we'll have to wait until 1st Sept if we don't put her in school nursery.

If James was born in nov, he'll get it 1st jan onwards. It can be used at private nursery, registered childminders etc.

CARNAT22.. My understanding is that when LO turns 3 they are eligible for the free 15 hours of childcare, whether in a school nursery setting or not. You can start claiming 1st jan, 1st April or 1st sept depending on when they were born. Which is really annoying in our instance as T was born on 1st April so we'll have to wait until 1st Sept if we don't put her in school nursery.

If James was born in nov, he'll get it 1st jan onwards. It can be used at private nursery, registered childminders etc.

Very interesting, I thought it was just nurseries (not childminders?)

As I say nurseries in my borough (well the ones I want James to go to) are September intake only.

So long as he gets the 15 hours free then I can TTC earlier :lol:

I wonder if there is anyone I can contact to clarify this issue for me? and the school stuff too.

I might sound so anal to plan like this [and I am being greedy assuming we'll just be able to "have" another baby when we decide we want to] but I just want to make sure we can afford it.

xxxxxxx

Nat maybe pop by your local CA and ask them they usually do dropins but check on the gov site for your local one.. Just enquire they give free advice for what your entitled to.

And I don't see you as greedy I see you as an egar mummy, which isn't a crime on this forum LOL!

xxxxx

Last edited:
Well James in his current (miserable, non sleeping) state is enough to put me off the whole TTC idea :lol: :lol:

xxxxxxx

Ahhh the "never again days".

I'm sure james will do something so cute later and take your mind off, it always happens!

xxxxx

Not been in here for ages so thought I'd pop in. Nat, I know my childminder can claim the 15 free hours so definitely worth looking into. I agree go for it and it'll all work out :)

I am mega broody at the moment. We went to a wedding recently and I had cuddles with a 5 month old, omg I could've stolen her. But we are still waiting until early next year to start ttc and to be honest I'm comfortable with that xxx

My wait to TTC has decreased significantly, managed to convince OH ;) but it still feels like such a long way away!!

am cycle tracking while wtt to make it easier once we are ttc, a arrange cycle 45days atm, longest 92days! not as bad as u LJY but still, that's all over the place! I never tracke before lo was born so I have no idea if that's normal for me! I have the coil in, I know it has hormones in it, but will that affect periods THAT much!?

sorry for my terrible typing! I blame the phone, and the lack of caffeine in my system

In a nutshell yes.

Hormonal contraception can hugely affect your cycles. I was on the hormonal implant and it took a whole year for my cycles to regulate myself. Please remember everyone is diff though so yours might not take so long.

Right now I have the non hormonal coil and things have just started getting back to normal. Just had my first normal AF since having it in July. No painful cramps and no heavy bleeding. Just regular 4 day bleed.

Everyones body reacts differently.

I tracked my cycles before Jackson but that was because I had to being previously on the implant.

The only thing about tracking cycles on a contraceptive is they might change again once it is removed.. I used to be every month or so on implant and bleed for like a week. but then when I had it removed I eventually got back to my regular cycle.

xxxxxxxxx

Yayy OH has agreed to ttc once Harrison turns 1! Thats only 7 months :) :) x

Thanks! hmmm, still useful to know roughly what's going on, stupid hormones! I've been on every bloody type of contraceptive known to woman, well it seems to be working...so far (fx) even if it does screw with the system

Am I mad? My baby just turned 1 month old and we're already planning to TTC in July - so 9 months. It means I'll be back in work (and on a much higher salary thanks to a promotion due to an exam passed on maternity leave!), so I'll have higher SMP for the first 6 weeks (very important, money's tight). OH may be getting a promotion/full time hours in March so all combined it'll be good timing.

We want 3, OH wants his 3rd when he's 30... He turns 30 in March 2016, so were gonna have to squeeze them in to manage that hehe - I can't wait to have them all close in age though.

I'm exclusively breastfeeding, and want to last as long as I can feeding him so that may impact our plans slightly, but I'm prepared for that!

EEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!

As you can see from my sig, we were waiting until next septemeber before ttc BUT i've had a good chat with the OH today, he's not much of a talker about things like this and we have decided to have my implant out next month so we will be ttc next month :D I'm so excited!

I'm still waiting!!! Just cannot decide �� my mum is retiring next year hopefully so that would make things so much easier xx

Just popping in to say hello. We'll be TTC no.2 in about six months… so may not be here much until June/July next year when we'll be cracking on with things! Hehe.

Jees this thread is bare now LOL! I am still WTT - thinking of postponing the wedding for another baby first though LOL I knew this would happen.

xxxxxx

Always like to bump up dying threads haha!

I found it scary deciding when to TTC for no. 2. I don't want baby no.2 any later than March 2015 though! So, just chilling and stalking other peoples posts until then!

quick question, what are we all waiting for?

we're wtt untill lo is a bit older and untill we've cleared some debts so were financially more stable,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back