chat thread

Congratulations Lisa on your anniversary, if you want your OH to pop the question give him lots of strong hints. |Start going on about how you don't like the idea of having a different surname from your baby or something along those lines. Me and my Oh have been engaged forever but I just can't see us ever getting married as we have completely different ideas about the type of wedding we want (I've been married before) so he say's I've had my dream day already (be it to the wrong guy, so it wasn't my dream day). He want's just the two of us, plus DD and LO when they arrive to go off on our own somewhere and do it, whereas I want family and friends involved!! Last night I though perhaps we could go to Canada and visit my best friend and her husband and do it there and when we get home just have a big party, I think that's a fair compromise. :cheer:

I hope you appointment goes well today. Yay you'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat.

This guy who gave me the rude comments, gives me a comment every time he see's me, I'm just going to avoid him now, can't be doing with him!! I think he thinks he's just being funny, but to me cos it's every time I see him it's getting so annoying!!!

Gracie - Hope you start feeling better soon, it's not nice getting dizzy spells, it won't be much longer before you start to feel your baby move. :D

Rach - Your in Tri 3 now :wave: :wave: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: The days are getting closer for you meeting your boys. :cheer:

This is my last day in tri 2 as I'm also moving up tomorrow, can't beleive I'm moving up to join the big girls, it's scary. It's my birthday next week and normally I'd be really excited, but I'm not this year I'm just looking forward to Christmas and meeting my baby. I'll still be popping back in to say hello to you all.

I'm feeling better today, Phoebe was still really wingey last night and this morning, but I had a good sleep so that made me feel better. I can remember a while ago she went through a phase of just moaning constantly, it's difficult as she can't communicate properly yet we can't tell if something is wrong, She just keeps on crying over the smallest of things and I mean proper crying (sobbing), like if she drops a book, she's heartbroken, it's been really draining. I spoke to nursery this morning and they said she's been fine and that she's really happy there and just plays happily on her own, so that's good to hear.

Anyway better get on with some work, hope you all have good days. B x

Lisaspoon my DH was like that for 12 years!!! :D :D :D In fact he spent many years saying how he couldnt see the point of getting married - anyway when I stopped thinking about it he completely surprised me on my 40th Birthday :D That was in the March and we got married on Christmas Eve - didnt want to give him chance to change his mind :D

Gracie :hug: for feeling so poo - I dont seem to get many movements and this is my 3rd so try not to worry too much - I am hoping that when I have my scan on Monday they say the placenta is to the front which will then explain it. I do listen to its heartbeat most days and that keeps me sane.

Bexie :hug: too why is it that when you are pregnant people feel that they can say what they like to or about you?!!! :twisted: The lady that works for my husband gave him a right lecture to pass on to me the other day, he said she was just concerned but I became totally irrational about it - she called to see him the night after about work and I couldnt even be bothered to let her in to the house :rotfl: I am sure you look beautiful :hug:

Gosh so many of you are moving to 3rd Tri - thats so scary!! I cant believe we are all so near to actually having our LO's....

Jane x

Do you fancy walking into Tri 3 together, it's scary in there!!!!! Women have babies, yikes!!!! I've scared and I've got one already!!!! :lol:

sneaks in humming, knowing I dont belong here anymore and hoping no-one will complain....hmm hmm hmmm :rotfl:

YEY! I'm glad some more of you are joining me in Tri 3 - I feel a bit out of my depth - they're all talking about sweeps and inductions and there's me, one of the new girls, looking all bewildered and confused! :lol: I need some people to come and hold my hand!!

I feel much more comfortable around people who I know and who are just starting 3rd Tri, as I feel more like we're in it together.......All the knowledgable big girls scare me :lol: I have to say though, they are all very nice and welcoming, the secret is to turn up with cake - heavily pregnant ladies will apparently do anything for a slice of good cake! That's a good bit of insider knowledge for ya............

Anyhoo, I hope you're all ok in here.....

Yes Bexie lets - I am scared too!!
Chok - I have sneakily peeked in there lots of times and just the titles of the posts scare me!! :shock:

Hope everyone is ok!! I have to get up off my bum now and start cooking. I was determined to cook DH a nice meal tonight as he has done nearly everything this week as I have been so tired when I get in from work. I'm even going to attempt an apple crumble as my friend gave me a bag of apples from a tree in her garden.. never made one before but will give it a shot!! not very healthy is it, especially as i plan custard to go with it, but who cares??? the rate my thighs are expanding there doesn't seem much point worrying about it!

xxx

bexie glad your feeling better hun sorry DD still poorly though :(
:cheer: yay for last day in 2nd tri see you in the scary place 2moro :shock: xxx

lisa bloody men are so stubborn :( keep hinting big time hun and cant remember who said it but def use the you and baby having different surname thing that would be a good one :D xxx

jane :( your not coming with us wont be much longer hun i will be back to keep an eye on you :hug: xxx

kmac yay for last day in 2nd tri for you too hun :hug: dont worry i was a bit scared when i got over there but there is a chat thread set up so you can settle in there for a bit till you get used to it :D xxx

:wave: hi chok we are all invading you hun dont worry :D xxx

hope everyone else is ok will be back regular to check on you all xxxxxxxxx

Right - i'm off to tri 3!!! Bexie where are you? Have you gone already?
Will still pop in here too though...
See you all soon :wave:

Awww Bexie and kmac, cant believe you are off to tri 3 already :( good luck though!! :D

Everyone - have hinted to OH many a time and he winds me up something rotten by walking quickly past jewelers with me in tow..... lol! cheeky! :lol:

kmac - hope you enjoyed your crumble on friday! sounds yummy!! :D

Bexie - that sounds like a good compromise for getting married! The big party is the best bit ;)

Chok - good to see you!! :hug:

hi to everyone else! :D

midwife appointment went well..... heard babys heartbeat and my uterus is measuring correct as well :) Midwife was bit late though so I felt a bit rushed :( Just realised as well that its my last appointment in tri 2 :shock: also apparently my antenatal classes start on 18th november.... but I think I will need to book early so will need to pester them I think!

Had a lazy day... just wandered around edinburgh as OH had to go into work for a bit... didnt buy much! just new pants! :D lol!!! although I've noticed that if i spend too long walking (i.e 2hours +) I get a pain in my back, almost right on top of my pelvis on the right and it becomes sore to move that leg... :( am ok if I rest though. Guess I just have to learn not to do too much! :)

Hope everyone else is well! just one question... I managed to get my MATB1 form yesterday but then I noticed it said on it "Do not fill out this form more than 14 weeks before due date" or something! did others get their MATBs at this time? I'm 22 weeks tomo!

Oh off to Mamas and Papas tomo! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

lisa i had my matb1 at 20 weeks :D you have to give it to your employer by 25 weeks at latest xxxxxxxxx

Thanks lisa - the crumble was yummy if i do say so myself!! And there was enough for 2 nights (and massive portions!!) :)
I am worried I am eating a bit too much unhealthy things though. I eat healthy things too, but normally I can control myself when it comes to cakes, puddings etc but all self control seems to be going out the window!!
I'm off to costco later to buy a big choc cake (they do fab cakes!!) as it's my b'day tomorrow so I have to take cake into work. The cake is so big though there will be loads left over... shame I'll have to bring it home!!
ANd DH is taking me out for dinner tonight as well - i thought a monday night would be rubbish to go out for tea, as I will be tired from work. Ah well...............

Haven't posted much in 3rd tri yet.... I dont know what to say :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW KMAC

Right ladies I'm going to take the plung and go into tri 3 now, yipee/yikes I don't know what to think. I'll be popping back in though to see how your all doing. I'm afraid I won't be taking any cake in though as I'm like you KMAC and have eaten it all already!!!!!! It's my birthday too on Saturday, another Libra and due on the same day!!!!

:wave: :wave: Ladies

hehe! dont worry kmac I'm the same... trying to eat healthy but seem to enjoy too much of the chocolate/ice cream/crisps etc.... ah well!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomo though!
tri 3 does seem very scary at the moment... you can stay with us if you like a wee bit longer! :hug: :hug: :hug:

rach - I'm composing my letter this week to my employer regarding pregnancy, mat leave etc!!! yey! Do you know if they need the original MATB form or will they accept a copy of it? My HR is located in the south of england and its the last thing I want to go missing!

Bexie - glad you are well hun... dont stay away too long! Fingers crossed I'll be through in tri 3 before you know it! :cheer:

oh...today... I've taught myself to knit!! lol! old granny that I am! Decided I needed to learn how to do something constructive for the weeks where I'll be at home before LO arrives! :lol:

Morning ladies - hope you all had a good weekend? I think we may have lost most of our regulars over to the 3rd Tri!! :D

We actually got up to the boat for the weekend which was lovely after all the upset last week with Josh being poorly and hating uni...... 2 days doing nothing but reading whilst Dave fished :D .

Its our 20 week scan today - they wont tell you the gender here so we will have to book a private one in the next few days as long as everything goes OK today. I'm not sure why but I am so nervous about today - I cant sleep for worrying.... I havent felt huge movements yet only the occasional flutter and so have convinced myself that there is something wrong :wall:

Anyway just wanted to say hello and hope everyone left was OK.

Jane x

HI girls sorry I am so quiet I am knackered and still not eating properly my apetite just seems to have gone awol :( I think with my fibro this pregnancy is just so much harder than previous three. I am also gonna start stamping my feet and cwing cos so many of you are abandoning us for tri 3 :shakehead: I will try a bit harder to get on love to you all :hug:

Hi :wave:

Well i finally think that i've felt a little movement. Nothing much so far and not very often but one of the girls (really can't remember who - sorry) said that it can feel like a twitch and i've felt that sometimes without then needing to pass wind or go to the toilet :cheer: .

Still feeling really rotten, thankfully the dizzyiness has nearly all passed but since sat morning i've had the worst sinus pain i've ever had. Paracetamol hasn't touched it. So far this morning it hasn't been too bad but i haven't slept much in the past 2 days. I'm not due back at work till wed and even then its a study day so i'm hoping i'll feel tons better by then. Due to feeling rough the weekend has been pretty quiet but i've got my scan to look forward to tomorrow. Although i'm really nervous i'm also looking forward to seeing baby again. Just praying that everything is ok.

ROM: Hope Josh begins to enjoy Uni soon it must be strange to be somewhere new I chickened out and stayed at home to study. Hope you have a great scan.

Kmac: Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy your cake and your meal out. It doesn't matter what night it is its the company thats important. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Lisaspoon: its great that you are knitting. I've started and so far i've made a hat and a bonnet that i thought was a hat (i know it said bonnet on the pattern but in my head i was knitting a hat :doh: ). I've had to teach myself to sew up though as my mum always used to do that for me. Stuart said i could ask his mum or my gran to show me but it just felt that it was something i needed to do for myself, i guess thats just one more thing i should have got my mum to teach me. I'm now sat here trying to type while crying. I'll always miss her but some days its harder than others. I guess its just cos i haven't had much sleep and i'm always worse when i'm tired. Sorry for going on. Anyway back to the subject :cheer: on knitting.

Bexie: Happy birthday for sat. Hope they look after you in Tri3.

Rach: glad to see you are still popping in here. I'm feeling happier now i think i'm feeling movements. This is my first and i'm just a nervous reck. Hope you've had a good weekend.

Mik: hope your appitite improves and you get some energy soon.

:wave: to anyone i've missed.

Hope you are all ok and keeping well.

Grace xx

Looks like theres not many left eh ROM! ...... hopefully wont be long until we can join them in tri 3!

gracie - glad you're feeling movements now hun! took a while for me to feel them too,... its only been the past week I've noticed it being regular, but sometimes it still feels like wind pops!! :oops: good on you for actually knitting something! I am just practicing at the moment..am as far as a wee scarf that would be suitable for an ant! hehe! forgot about the sewing part though... :doh: hope you're ok :hug: :hug:

ROM - Hope your osn is enjoying uni more now.... I know how hard it is,... I found the first few weeks hard when I was at uni too! Hope you're scan went well!! :hug:

Mik - hope you're feeling better soon :hug: :hug:

Kmac - HAPPY BIRTHDAY hun!!! (if you see this over here!!) :D

Well I got myself into a right state yesterday over the whole "engagement" thing........ I dragged my OH to beaverbrooks window while we were out shopping yesterday and he went on about "how do you know what size to get" etc and when I mentioned that my fingers are going to get fatter and fatter during pregnancy he turned round and said "well whats the point at the moment then"... I was heartbroken :cry: I think he finds it funny to tease me and wind me up about it.... whereas I could just slap him! :talkhand:
I think whats annoying me more is both him and his mum assume the baby will take his name.... er hello!!! :talkhand: not unless your son gets his finger out his... a********* grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

sorry for the winge.... I havent slept well the past few nights, my hips are so sore in bed :( and I dont know why... I dont know if its the extra weight from bump but everytime I turn over my hip is so sore and wakes me up :(

hope you are all having a better day! :hug: :hug:

just wanted to say hi girls!! first day in 2nd tri so pleased me gentle with me as im full of cold :(

Ooooh can I come and join you in here too? I was away for the first couple of weeks of trimester 2 so I haven't got round to posting much in here yet but I try to get on most days so will catch up :D :D :D

JOOLS its great to be back with ya hun. How u feeling??? hows that bump doing??? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back