chat thread

good to see you gals!!! :wave:

we could do with some more chatters in tri 2! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well we are back from the hospital scan and all was well - the baby is spot on for dates and they have fixed my due date as the 5th February 2009. Apparently due to my age they wont let me go over so would look to induce me on or around that date!! Anyway they have a policy not to offer gender scans so since we have got home we have booked for a gender scan this afternoon at 4.00 pm with our local private scanning place!! I'm so excited....... I am sure its a boy and DH is sure its a girl so one of us should be right :D

Oooh ROM Im pleased everything is ok - see, all that worry for nowt!
You're lucky to get another scan on the same day......Can't wait to see whether you or your OH is right......

Aww darling thats great news!! if you dont mind me asking how much is a private scan.. I fancy a 3d one?

Mrs Brightside we are only having the 2d gender scan and thats £65 - their 4d ones start at £85 but they do not do gender determination with that one. :D

kmac happy birthday hun :hug: hope you have a fab day xxx

jane so pleased all went ok at the scan and :cheer: yay for the gender scan im thinking boy for you but im usually wrong :rotfl: xxx

lisa im not sure hun i had to send my original to my head office they would not accept a copy :( im still waiting for them to send it back so i can apply for maternity allowance as i know i dont qualify for stat mat pay my head off ice is a pain in the backside :evil: i suggest you phone them and ask is it ok to send a copy and see what they say xxx

hope everyone else is ok xxxxxxxxx

lisaspoon said:
Well I got myself into a right state yesterday over the whole "engagement" thing........ I dragged my OH to beaverbrooks window while we were out shopping yesterday and he went on about "how do you know what size to get" etc and when I mentioned that my fingers are going to get fatter and fatter during pregnancy he turned round and said "well whats the point at the moment then"... I was heartbroken :cry: I think he finds it funny to tease me and wind me up about it.... whereas I could just slap him! :talkhand:
I think whats annoying me more is both him and his mum assume the baby will take his name.... er hello!!! :talkhand: not unless your son gets his finger out his... a********* grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

What I would do is tell him to buy a big size and then you can have it made to fit. God what are men like :wall: It took my OH years to actually come round to the idea with no persuasion from me, he just thought one day. "what the hell am I playing at, we own a house together, we love one another and we want to be together" Even though we owned the house together he hadn't moved in completely, on the day he did I had balloons waiting for him with "Welcome Home" written on them, when I got home the balloons had been moved which confused me, I went searching round the house for him and the balloons and he had moved them to the top of the stairs and written "Will you marry me?" He was hiding behind the door of the bedroom as he was scared of my response. That was 3 years ago, we're still not married!! When I've mentioned that our DD has a different surname to me he has suggested I change my name by depole! :wall: I'm not in a massive rush to get married though, but I do know I don't want to have to many wrinkles when we get round to it, and I'll be 34 this weekend! :oops: So the wrinkles are increasing by the month!

Hi to everyone, would respond more personally, but I have to pick my DD up from nursery now. :wave:

Rach you were right :D :D :D :D just had it confirmed - no doubting it bless him - George Aaron - will have to get Dave to sort out some pictures :D

Thanks for all the birthday wishes girls :hug: :hug:
We had a lovely meal out and when we got home DH got me to open my presents :) I'm pleased because I was worried he would go a bit mad and spend too much but he was quite sensible, although he got me nice things iykwim? One of them being a computer game (not sure if that's for him or me tbh - but he seems to think I'll like it!).
Also his mum sent me a voucher for Next which was very nice of her. I think I'm going to keep it til after baby is born and buy myself something nice when i am hopefully rid of baby belly!

rom - glad all is well and you are happy it's a boy!
I meant to say when I went to uni I got a really bad flu for the first week of classes. I went back home.
I was living in halls and HATED it, I was quite shy and found it hard to make friends. I used to go home every weekend (only 40 miles) then my parents would have to put me in the car and drive me back on the SUnday night - this went on for quite a while until I started to get to know some people. It was really horrible though. But now I'm glad I persevered, as I wouldn't have the job I do now which I really like (well, most of the time).

Hope everyone is ok - i am still popping in here. Can't let go!!!

Bexie said:
What I would do is tell him to buy a big size and then you can have it made to fit. God what are men like :wall: It took my OH years to actually come round to the idea with no persuasion from me, he just thought one day. "what the hell am I playing at, we own a house together, we love one another and we want to be together" Even though we owned the house together he hadn't moved in completely, on the day he did I had balloons waiting for him with "Welcome Home" written on them, when I got home the balloons had been moved which confused me, I went searching round the house for him and the balloons and he had moved them to the top of the stairs and written "Will you marry me?" He was hiding behind the door of the bedroom as he was scared of my response. That was 3 years ago, we're still not married!! When I've mentioned that our DD has a different surname to me he has suggested I change my name by depole! :wall: I'm not in a massive rush to get married though, but I do know I don't want to have to many wrinkles when we get round to it, and I'll be 34 this weekend! :oops: So the wrinkles are increasing by the month!

We're the same, own a house together, love each other and want to be together... and now a baby on the way......so i have no friggin idea what he has to think about?! He keeps saying he wants to surprise me as he knows I'm expecting it (yes have been for the past 2 years :wall: ) so when he took me to paris last year......what does he think I'll think!!? he even had the cheek to say the night before we went " I hope you dont think I'll propose because I wont".... nice! :wall:
I know for a fact that because of the baby we wont be getting married until at least 2010 at the very very earliest (i'm optimistic) so its not as if he'll propose tomo and I'll be shoving him down the isle on saturday! I really dont get it because all is friends are now married (been to all their weddings over the past few years), and now my friends are getting married and my brother is getting married in a couple of weeks(he's younger than me!).
OH is 30 and I'm 26.... dont want him looking like an old crinkly in our wedding photos!!

anyway........ kmac - glad you had a lvoely meal!
rom - glad you are happy with team blue!!! :D

:cheer: :dance: :cheer: :dance: ROM glad all went ok and YAY a little boy :cheer: :dance:

kmac glad you had a nice birthday and lisaspoon :cheer: :dance: for the next baby :D

I'm going to try so hard to keep up with what you are all up to :D although some days I don't get much chance to get on :wall:

Jools... these people are complete chatterboxes!! :lol:
I sometimes miss a day and 2 pages have breezed by!!! :D

jane :cheer: yay i was right for a change :rotfl: congrats on joining the blue team hun glad to see lots of new faces here to keep you company till you come over to 3rd tri and join the rest of us :D xxxxxxxxx

oy you lot whats with letting this slip off the 1st page :shakehead:

how are you all????

jane are you ok hun ive not seen you about for a while :hug: hope josh has settled into uni now xxx

rach said:
oy you lot whats with letting this slip off the 1st page :shakehead:

how are you all????

jane are you ok hun ive not seen you about for a while :hug: hope josh has settled into uni now xxx

:lol: just not the same without you rach!!

I've been away all weekend at a wedding in Belfast,...... quite tired now!! Also managed to end the night with ankles that an elephant would be proud of! nice ! :lol:

How is everyone? Back to work tomorrow :roll: but only for 4 days then I'm off on Friday to another wedding :cheer: :cheer:
OH has the week off this week......hoping he will swap the rooms around so can get on with decorating the nursery! :dance:

Rach you are such a sweetie - We are fine - Dave has been away so I stayed with my Mum for a couple of days and got really spoilt!! It was lovely - Josh is feeling a bit better although he ordered his shopping on-line from Sainsburys for yesterday and they didnt deliver it!! We had to smile that he was going to Sainsbury's!! Dont think my son is cut out for being a poor student :D I've also had my head down with work - need to get some money in the bank to see me over the baby coming. The exciting news is that we pick up Hannah from the Airport on Friday -she will be home for about 2 weeks before she goes off for her winter placement. She went when we just found out we were pregnant so it will be lovely to see her and she's going to have such a shock at my bump :D Spent all day yesterday sorting out her bedroom - nice new clean bedding and a new pair of warm jarmies for her to come home to :D

Lisa its nice that you still have a social life :D mine is all but dissapeared.......

Love to everyone else who is still in here - I will try and be more chatty I promise.

Jane x

Thought I would pop in and say "hello", never ventured into the chat thread before, goodness why as I spend hours on here everyday!

Im starting to fret a little as since we moved back from France hubby still hasnt found a job, although he is trying so hard and he must have applied for over 250 IT contracts, just keeping my fingers crossed he gets something soon - he is so driven and determined, but what with this credit crunch rubbish things are so slow!

Anyway enough of that..........So how is everyone this morning?

(Im Liza by the way - Ellie is my dog :D )

:wave: Liza nice to see you - know just what you mean about the credit crunch - I have my own small recruitment consultancy which is hitting an all time low at the moment - could do without the added pressure but hey I am trying to be calm about the whole thing..... My DH is self employed too but his company hasnt been hit by the awful economy yet.

Jane x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back