WTT after c section?

titch

Reaction score
:wave: im tentatively stepping into your club!

I guess Im WTT after c section? I was a hypnobirther gone dramatically wrong. I got preecampsia was induced, laboured (or not as i was told) for 3 days without sleep and separated from my OH then had an emergency section when LOs heartrate dramatically dropped, then had an allergic reaction during surgery and couldnt hold my LO for ages after he was born :cry: sorry have i put any of you off moving to TTC?! :blush:

I did want 2 or 3 children but felt so awful about my LOs birth that I discussed with OH not having anymore children. He agreed because he knows how sad i feel about it all and i think he will just say anything these days to stop me being sad. Im not sure how he really feels about that but i know it mustve been horrible watching me on that operating table having the reaction and holding our baby on his own. but i wonder wether he does want a bigger family.

Ive started reading a book about c sections and turned to the chapter about emotional recovery and in the first sentence it says a really effective recovery is a second natural birth :eh: its planted to seed of thought now. Ive not told anyone this apart from you guys. ive started to think, right if im gonna do this again, its got to be my way. I want, no i need,to believe that I can hypnobirth, and in the water too. preferably nowhere near a hospital! the more i think about it the more i fal in love with the idea of giving birth again!!

I think i might be being a little over optimistic as i think any consultant would give me a hard time about being 'high risk' and continuous monitoring etc... i would love to never wear one of those fetal monitors again in my life.

Its very confusing that the thing i want could lead me to the thing i fear the most. but im going to start my WTT journey by trying to get my BMI into a healthy range to try and avoid the preeclampsia again, thus preventing me having to labour on an antenatal ward alone.

bet you lot think youve got a right misery guts joining you!!! :flower: im nice, honest! :lol:

Nope, seen some of your other posts hun, can't see a misery guts anywhere.... :)

Make sure you do give yourself plenty of healing time though, for your mind and your Section Scar...

Enjoy WTT :)

Lxx

:wave: good luck in your journey :flower:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad to hear that you're thinking about your next pregnancy after your traumatic birth. I have been told that I will be getting a c-section as baby is not growing properly and I have high blood pressure (luckily not pre-eclampsia) and so will be delivered early. I have come to terms with the fact that the actual birth will be out of my control but in the back of my mind I keep thinking 'will this happen next time?'. After such a dificult few weeks OH and i were discussing earlier if we ever would try for more kids (not that were done with trying to get this little one sorted yet!). And after a c-section will I be allowed to even contempate the kind of birth I'd like, or will I be a high risk case straight away.

I hope that you are getting over traumatic birth, and that you are managing to enjoy your little baby, and so glad to see its not putting you off having any more.

xxxxxxxx

Good luck on WTT!

I think its great that your going to have a hypnobirth this time. With my next child (hopefully Ill get the chance) I will be asking for a water birth, or maybe demanding is a better term...

But I truly believe you can get what you want and next time round will be the experience you want and need to overcome everything that has happened. :yay: xx

Nope, seen some of your other posts hun, can't see a misery guts anywhere.... :)

Make sure you do give yourself plenty of healing time though, for your mind and your Section Scar...

Enjoy WTT :)

Lxx

yup we're not TTC for a long while yet. I think the longer I leave it the happier a consultant would be to let me have intermittent monitoring anyway so thats part of the plan. I think Ive seen 2 years quoted somewhere so youre not getting rid of me any time soon. I just wanted to put it out there that there is a part of me that thinks I could face this again!

So glad to hear that you're thinking about your next pregnancy after your traumatic birth. I have been told that I will be getting a c-section as baby is not growing properly and I have high blood pressure (luckily not pre-eclampsia) and so will be delivered early. I have come to terms with the fact that the actual birth will be out of my control but in the back of my mind I keep thinking 'will this happen next time?'. After such a dificult few weeks OH and i were discussing earlier if we ever would try for more kids (not that were done with trying to get this little one sorted yet!). And after a c-section will I be allowed to even contempate the kind of birth I'd like, or will I be a high risk case straight away.

I hope that you are getting over traumatic birth, and that you are managing to enjoy your little baby, and so glad to see its not putting you off having any more.

xxxxxxxx

aw hun :hug: that sounds really worrying. I hope you and your LO are okay. Ask all the questions you need to now before it happens, especially questions about your next baby if thats an option for the future. The surgeon gave me a report which said I would be suitable for a normal birth next time, if you ask, they would do that for you :hug:

Hi Tiny, I see you sneeking in here in WTT!

There is no reason why next time can't be different and better , and just right for you, good luck when you TTC , and good luck on the weight loss Hun X

Last edited:
thanks hun :hug: Im feeling more at peace with the idea already. I just dont want it to be a battle with hospital policy, Im gonna have to be a super healthy mummy to present my case!

Last edited:
Ive only just seen this tiny but I agree with the best way to get over a bad birth experience is to do it again!! I had a bad after birth experience with Lacey that put me off having more children! It took me a long time to get over Laceys birth so was worried the whole way through Charleys pregnancy thinking it's gonna happen again and even got told by a consultant it prob will happen but Charleys labour and birth was completly different and even though at the time I said I wasn't gonna go through labour again, 4days after having charley I changed my mind and I def would do it again!! :D

:hug: So glad to see you in the WTT section hun :flower:

Just to let you know both my birthing experiences were totally different. Both vaginal though. Jacob was only 2hrs and 24 mins and everyone calls me a lucky cow! But to me it was awful & traumatic....I was sick all the way through had very high blood pressure and was even chucking up for ages after, he got stuck too but luckily I managed to push him out I was in for 3 days after having him and I even passed out after aswell. Leo was better it was all over quickly....I'd so do it again!

:yay: I'm so glad you're feeling more optimistic about the future. Lots of healing time and a strong healthy approach to WTT and beyond!!

I had 2 natural deliveries b4 my emergency c section and hopefully will have a natural birth this time. I always felt I was robbed of my natural birth cos no1 detected my son was breech. I felt that my dh had missed out on the birth of his 1st child and that was really hard 4 me. I agree that having a natural birth is the best way of emotionally recoverin from a section...fx I get it this time xxx

I'm so happy you are looking forward and being so positive. I agree a Traumatic birth can put you off FOREVER!!!. I was induced after 15 days late with my 1st and looking back she was not ready at all. She was fine in there and I feel like I was bullied into induction which was awful in so many ways, but thakfully not as traumatic as what you went through at all.
2nd time round, she came of her own accord in 1hr 30 and it was wonderful, and at times comical (hubby got me stuck in lift doors lol/ waters nearly drowned the mw etc). It was a wonderful healing experience and one I would love to repeat over and over again. Strange but true xx

thats great to hear :yay: thanks. Sorry to hear you felt bullied into the induction :( I didnt really have a choice cos my bloodpressure was causing problems so it was either induction and try for a natural birth or wait til it was really bad and have an emergency section. Quite frustrating that if I went back in time, theres nothing else I couldve done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back