**September 2020 Mummies**

Hi girls. 27 weeks today and I feel my bump isnt so big anymore. I think baby has moved further down. Looks like I'm carrying much lower than I did with the other 2.
Started the digital positive birth pack last night havent made much progress with it but enjoying the bit I have done.
I have been out walking alot with the kids during the good weather feels so good to get out to do that.
Hope u all are well.

@chickadee1990 hows the itching
@Rose hope u didnt end up with a call about ur GTT and means u passed

Oh I forgot all about the call! You’ve reminded me so yes I never got one so I’m all clear
Again!

I’m also 3 days in to the iron tablets and although I was expecting it to take at least a week I can report a slight improvement in my symptoms - I’m still breathless and exhausted but the feeling like my limbs are like lead as subsided slightly so rather than lying on the sofa barely having the strength to hold a book or my phone I have in fact spent most of the day sitting up on the sofa. I also stood up for at least an hour cutting my husbands hair!

Glad your iron tablets seem to be helping Rose.

I’m 24 weeks today and so fed up! So after arranging to go back to work on the 17th June, Asda have updated the guidelines for the vulnerable group. We are now to stay off work til the government does another update w/c 15th June, when it will be decided if we are safe to go back or stay off longer! So now I need to tell work I won’t be back til after this update.

Also I got a letter in the post today for a growth scan on 16th June, I will be 25+4 wks. It’s due to me having small for gestational age babies and to monitor growth. Normally the 1st growth scan is at 28 weeks so unsure why it is so early.

Ahh bummer.. my boss is in my place today (I work alone) so hes setting place all up for Monday to reopen.
No word off me heading back at all from him or HR.
I'm happy enough to be furlough till annual leave though.
Besides I wouldnt have childcare at the moment and my mum looks after them and shes shielding with my dad at the moment.

Have any off u ladies gave a thought to whose looking after ur kids when the time comes for birth.
I'm hoping and praying things relax alittle by then..
If not the thought has crossed my mind I could be going in alone. Which if has to happen il get through it. With my sons severe allergies I only trust my parents and my OH to look after him.

Hi ladies been a while since I been in hear how r you all doing? Good I hope have I missed anything? I’m 28 weeks Saturday so 12 weeks to go getting exciting now

Ahh bummer.. my boss is in my place today (I work alone) so hes setting place all up for Monday to reopen.
No word off me heading back at all from him or HR.
I'm happy enough to be furlough till annual leave though.
Besides I wouldnt have childcare at the moment and my mum looks after them and shes shielding with my dad at the moment.

Have any off u ladies gave a thought to whose looking after ur kids when the time comes for birth.
I'm hoping and praying things relax alittle by then..
If not the thought has crossed my mind I could be going in alone. Which if has to happen il get through it. With my sons severe allergies I only trust my parents and my OH to look after him.

we’ve had some discussion about this and I mentioned to my crappy midwife that I was worried about this. She was pretty dismissive and acted like she thought everything would be back to normal by September which is when I knew she was an idiot! But she said currently what a lot of people are doing is asking the person they want to look after their kids to totally isolate for 14 days prior to the due date. It’s a tough one because that’s a big ask for a lot of people. We would usually leave our children with my husbands sister but as she, her husband and her two adult children all live in a tiny house and are all key workers that’s just not a possibility. They are dealing with people all day everyday. I don’t think they are going to take it well though when we tell them they are no longer our chosen sitter.
So this sounds weird but my husband’s assistant is great with kids and over the last two years she and I have become good friends too. She has just bought and renovated her own flat and of course my husband is in control of when and where she works so we think we are going to ask her because she loves our kids and they really like her too. So we think if she isolated and then when the time came just came and stayed in our house with them then that would be the best thing. Otherwise like you said I’d be willing to do it alone if I really had to x

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Rose!

A bit jealous of you ladies due at the start of September....I’m not even at 24 weeks for another couple of days. Had holidays from work this week so feeling recharged, really needed it! My son is back in nursery 2 days a week now so should get a bit more space/time to myself - even if it’s just my lunch hours!

Hi ladies been a while since I been in hear how r you all doing? Good I hope have I missed anything? I’m 28 weeks Saturday so 12 weeks to go getting exciting now

Good to hear from you angel babe. All good here. U are a few days infront of me. I'll be 28 come Thursday. Flying in and still have made no purchases that are on my list lol

we’ve had some discussion about this and I mentioned to my crappy midwife that I was worried about this. She was pretty dismissive and acted like she thought everything would be back to normal by September which is when I knew she was an idiot! But she said currently what a lot of people are doing is asking the person they want to look after their kids to totally isolate for 14 days prior to the due date. It’s a tough one because that’s a big ask for a lot of people. We would usually leave our children with my husbands sister but as she, her husband and her two adult children all live in a tiny house and are all key workers that’s just not a possibility. They are dealing with people all day everyday. I don’t think they are going to take it well though when we tell them they are no longer our chosen sitter.
So this sounds weird but my husband’s assistant is great with kids and over the last two years she and I have become good friends too. She has just bought and renovated her own flat and of course my husband is in control of when and where she works so we think we are going to ask her because she loves our kids and they really like her too. So we think if she isolated and then when the time came just came and stayed in our house with them then that would be the best thing. Otherwise like you said I’d be willing to do it alone if I really had to x
Sounds like a good plan Rose.
I will just have to wait and see what happens here. I think my dad (he has copd) is hoping to be back at work come august time. If that's happens then my mum will stay here with the kiddies. Just hoping the birth is straight forward and I can get home again as soon as.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better Rose!

A bit jealous of you ladies due at the start of September....I’m not even at 24 weeks for another couple of days. Had holidays from work this week so feeling recharged, really needed it! My son is back in nursery 2 days a week now so should get a bit more space/time to myself - even if it’s just my lunch hours!

That's was like me with my daughter I was 31st off the month and my son I was 25th .

Nice to recharge the batteries and good u have a little time to urself. Think it's so important

I hope you don’t have to worry about going back to work before your annual leave starts @TTC no2. Although with no childcare I guess your employer won’t have much choice but to keep you on furlough? When is your annual leave due to start? I would be much happier being able to stay off work but I don’t see it happening. I will be starting annual leave at 32wks so it will only be at minimum 6 weeks that I would return anyway. I would start annual leave later if we are still being paid to be off work though.

I hadn’t actually thought about who would have the kids when I go into labour! I guess we would ask my in laws as my fil is on furlough and my mil doesn’t work. I’m hoping for a straight forward birth again this time, but have this niggling worry that I will end up with an unplanned home birth as my last labour was only 40 mins long! The hospital is 30mins away too, so not much planning time! Even with my 2nd I was only at hospital 30 mins before he was born and the midwives were very reluctant to let me come in to be checked!

@JennyS85 I’m with you at the end of the month :D, all of mine have been due around the same date of the month! 25th, 19th, 26th and now 24th. Birth days are 6th, 21st and 10th so two were no where near lol Hope you enjoy the time your little boy is in nursery, I’ve had 2 of mine in school/preschool this last week and it has been far less stressful only having the nearly 8yr old at home. He hides out upstairs on his iPad quite nicely lol

Good to hear from you angel babe. All good here. U are a few days infront of me. I'll be 28 come Thursday. Flying in and still have made no purchases that are on my list lol
Hi ttc no2 glad all is good with you I have a few clothes from my daughter so that’s not to bad but don’t have nothing else as I sold it all lol. But need to get on it and buy a few bits

27 weeks today - 13 weeks left!!!!!!
I am so done with being pregnant now - i just cannot wait to meet my little girl.

Hope you are all doing well lovely ladies. xx

You are having a girl!! xxxxxxxxxx

just put my girls to bed and was wondering how you were getting on and how preggers you are now so thought I’d pop on and find you.

hope you are doing ok lovely.

I’m back at work in a month :( gonna be fun with all this crap going on (I better learn how to wear ppe and new uniform is here already)

my girls turned 1 this week, they are so close to walking now! Right little characters x

Hi ttc no2 glad all is good with you I have a few clothes from my daughter so that’s not to bad but don’t have nothing else as I sold it all lol. But need to get on it and buy a few bits

I’ve written a list this week - two of my sisters have had babies since I had my boy so just need to ask them who has what of all my stuff! Managed to sort the nursery a bit this week, it had been a dumping ground since we moved Caleb out of there a few months ago so feeling a little more organised.

Hope everyone is good and looking forward to heading across to Tri 3!! Xx

Morning ladies,
Feeling pretty exhausted again today, must have been doing too much when I had some energy return. Just want to lie down and sleep.
Have also woke up in one of those anxious panicky moods today. I’m freaking out about all the unanswered questions with covid and giving birth. My MIL, SIL and her daughter are coming to socially distance visit in our garden today and they aren’t very good at sticking to rules. I just feel like they will see this as the start of being able to see us again when SIL and her daughter, son and BIL are all frontline key workers. But also I’m worrying about how much of a risk the children returning to school in August will be to us, should I even send them back before the baby is born etc. I’m terrified of me or my husband catching it in the run up to the birth and not being able to have a normal experience. I’ve been having such bad dreams because I’m obviously subconsciously worrying about it a lot.

Is anyone else finding themselves worrying more the further on we get? X

Morning Rose - I hope you get some energy back very soon hun.

if I am totally honest I just feel cheated. A week ago people were getting fined sitting in a park with people from the same household and now I feel like covid has been forgotten about and it’s absolutely fine for thousand of protesters to be walking and looting the streets in London?! I just don’t understand how social distancing isn’t a thing anymore now there’s a ‘new’ bit of news instead of covid.
I might be wrong saying this but surely if this virus is such a big thing they would be seeing numbers rocketing back up and hitting another peak, it’s dropping by the day. How is this possible?!
I actually am so annoyed with the government and I will be really pissed off if by the time September comes and my Oh isn’t allowed to stay with me and baby in the hospital but these thousands of people are allowed to gather in London!
Rant over, for now.

Morning Rose - I hope you get some energy back very soon hun.

if I am totally honest I just feel cheated. A week ago people were getting fined sitting in a park with people from the same household and now I feel like covid has been forgotten about and it’s absolutely fine for thousand of protesters to be walking and looting the streets in London?! I just don’t understand how social distancing isn’t a thing anymore now there’s a ‘new’ bit of news instead of covid.
I might be wrong saying this but surely if this virus is such a big thing they would be seeing numbers rocketing back up and hitting another peak, it’s dropping by the day. How is this possible?!
I actually am so annoyed with the government and I will be really pissed off if by the time September comes and my Oh isn’t allowed to stay with me and baby in the hospital but these thousands of people are allowed to gather in London!
Rant over, for now.

It takes two weeks for a spike to happen so we’ll have to wait and see. The R number has already raised in the north west to just over 1 (I’m guessing because of the droves of people descending on Blackpool in the last two weeks) so the danger of another wave is increasing.

From what I read the police made the decision to allow the protests to avoid civil unrest as trying to disband people could have got very ugly very fast.

It’s stupid, I agree. No one should be protesting in a time of national crisis when the health of the population is on the line... but equally no one should be going to the beach or to shopping centres or putting themselves in any unnecessary risk.

Stick with it, as unfair as it may seem, we’re the ones doing the right thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back