**September 2020 Mummies**

Hi girls will catch up later with all the posts.

I've been quite busy lately starting on the things in house that I want done before baby arrives. Ordered the magic next to me crib and it has arrived went ahead got a shnuggle bath and ones off those cuddledry towels which I think will be so handy as I always ended up getting wet at bath time. Ordered some MAM bottles for back up, new carrycot matteress, baby monitor and other little bits. Feeling I'm making progress.
Next thing I want to get done is take all the covers off my travel system and get them washed. I think I'm nesting. Feels good.

I know, and in some ways it feels like its flown by. Feeling a bit annoyed that I've not really been able to enjoy this pregnancy so far

@TTC no2 sounds like you are getting well prepared! I’ve just got a next 2 me and Moses baskets from my sister. So weird to see baby stuff in the house again. Got some ikea storage to build for her room today. Then can get all clothes out and see what she’s got. Didn’t know if Caleb was boy/girl so should have plenty of unisex newborn. I’m not big on pink anyway so probs just use those xx

Fingers crossed my DD has got over the mini sleep regression thing that she had. Last few days she's let me sleep in till 0730. I feel almost energised. Although my lower back was killing me last night. Had to take a paracetamol to be able to get to sleep.

So exciting to hear of the baby things being bought and arriving. I feel a bit sad that we've not got the excitement of buying loads of new stuff for this one. But then pleased to not be spending out all the money again. Already got my moses basket and cotbed, but am buying new mattresses for both. Got 2 bouncy/ vibrating chairs already. And my friend is giving me one of the 3 in 1 bed/chair/rocker things thats we'll hopefully use downstairs in the day. Already got monitors, steriliser, breast pump, etc. Am buying some new clothes (turns out we've got lots of 3months up but the 0-3 must have got covered in sick and poo), dummies, teats, muslins, etc. And obvs having to get all the creams, nappies, wipes, etc in. Just feels more boring that the exciting stuff :D

I think my DH is excited about all the boxes coming out of the garage. Worried about what plans he has for it afterwards. Expanding the garage gym? Second man cave? Oh well, keeps him happy :pray:

Got my covid test thing through yesterday, so thats something exciting for me to do on monday. Gag. From reading the instructions I'm so pleased i dont have to give it to a child. Can't remember who did (Kanga or Rose?) but you deserve a medal xx

Hi ladies,
sorry it’s been ages since I’ve been on again, hope everyone is feeling ok.

unfortunately things haven’t really picked up for me: been feeling really awful with breathlessness, fatigue, weakness, exhaustion. Iron tablets have been giving me diarrhoea so safe to assume they will aren’t working despite this being my second type of tablet. Bloods then proved this when I saw my midwife, after two weeks my iron level has only gone up by 1 so hasn’t done enough at all. They ended up telling me I’d be better to buy over the counter iron water that is apparently better absorbed by people that struggle but you can’t get it on the NHS. There is another one I can ask the doctor to prescribe on Monday though. So I bought the over the counter one today and my god is it disgusting but if it works I don’t care!

on top of that my sciatica and pelvic pain is agony. Spent an hour on the phone to physio yesterday and got some tips. They’ve said I can have crutches if I want them (but as I’m not leaving the house I said I’d hold off until I get desperate) and are sending out a support stocking thing.

then also when I saw the midwife on Thursday I was 28+2 but measuring 33 :rotfl: this is totally predictable for me and my giant babies. So they said that if I hadn’t already been getting them that would have triggered me getting growth scans. So next scan will be at 32 weeks and then 36 weeks. Consultant had already said that if the 36 week one shows a big baby they will consider induction at 38-39 weeks.

that’s it for my round up of pregnancy complaints! Otherwise just plodding along with my three little ones at home. Had confirmation that my daughter till next doing just Thursday and Friday at school from mid August (in Scotland schools finish next week and go back in August) and my boys will get just 2 x 3 hour sessions at nursery a week when they would usually get 5 sessions and in fact were supposed to be getting full time from August when the new hours were to come in to effect which COVID put a stop to :(
Not sure how I’ll manage with all 4 children under 6, 3 days a week but I guess we’ll get through it!

Girls.....I’m mellltttiiiinnnngggg
I feel fat, tired, exhausted and just in an unpleasant mood lol! having one of those days and it’s only just started!!
Hope everyone’s doing well? A week today and it’s my 28 weeks growth scan!! Scary I’m nearly in the 30 weeks!! Xx

@chickadee1990 so exciting hope the week flies in for you.
We had shitty weather here none nothing but rain yestrday. Meant to clear soon and be great later today.
Have u got any fans help cool u down

Hi ladies,
sorry it’s been ages since I’ve been on again, hope everyone is feeling ok.

unfortunately things haven’t really picked up for me: been feeling really awful with breathlessness, fatigue, weakness, exhaustion. Iron tablets have been giving me diarrhoea so safe to assume they will aren’t working despite this being my second type of tablet. Bloods then proved this when I saw my midwife, after two weeks my iron level has only gone up by 1 so hasn’t done enough at all. They ended up telling me I’d be better to buy over the counter iron water that is apparently better absorbed by people that struggle but you can’t get it on the NHS. There is another one I can ask the doctor to prescribe on Monday though. So I bought the over the counter one today and my god is it disgusting but if it works I don’t care!

on top of that my sciatica and pelvic pain is agony. Spent an hour on the phone to physio yesterday and got some tips. They’ve said I can have crutches if I want them (but as I’m not leaving the house I said I’d hold off until I get desperate) and are sending out a support stocking thing.

then also when I saw the midwife on Thursday I was 28+2 but measuring 33 :rotfl: this is totally predictable for me and my giant babies. So they said that if I hadn’t already been getting them that would have triggered me getting growth scans. So next scan will be at 32 weeks and then 36 weeks. Consultant had already said that if the 36 week one shows a big baby they will consider induction at 38-39 weeks.

that’s it for my round up of pregnancy complaints! Otherwise just plodding along with my three little ones at home. Had confirmation that my daughter till next doing just Thursday and Friday at school from mid August (in Scotland schools finish next week and go back in August) and my boys will get just 2 x 3 hour sessions at nursery a week when they would usually get 5 sessions and in fact were supposed to be getting full time from August when the new hours were to come in to effect which COVID put a stop to :(
Not sure how I’ll manage with all 4 children under 6, 3 days a week but I guess we’ll get through it!

Have u been trying to take ur iron tabs with some breakfast juice. Isnt the vitamin C helps absorb the iron better. Even with the water on ur now have a glass off bfk juice.
Really hope things pick up for u Rose.
U are having a tough time with that pelvic sciatica pain.

@chickadee1990 so exciting hope the week flies in for you.
We had shitty weather here none nothing but rain yestrday. Meant to clear soon and be great later today.
Have u got any fans help cool u down

I hope it flies by aswell :) I’ll technically be 28+3 by the time I have the scan :)
I’d love to just have some rain...I took pippa to school earlier so only got Harlee here, we’ve filled the paddling pool up so hopefully it gets a bit warm from the sun for them...and tbf I’ll probably get in with them! Don’t want to shock my body’s temperature haha! We’ve got fans but it’s just circulating the warm around the house...even had a cool shower at about 10pm last night! xx

Have u been trying to take ur iron tabs with some breakfast juice. Isnt the vitamin C helps absorb the iron better. Even with the water on ur now have a glass off bfk juice.
Really hope things pick up for u Rose.
U are having a tough time with that pelvic sciatica pain.
Yep been taking it with orange juice - usually having 3 glasses a day now.

I’m just so fed up with my doctors now. I don’t think you really want to read the full transcript of our conversation that I ranted to my friends with but basically I called the doctor to ask for advice and ask if there is anything else I can be doing and he told me I was old, I have 3 children and I’m pregnant and anaemic so of course I’m tired. He said I’m anaemic but as the tablets are making me have diarrhoea he agreed taking the Spatone water was a good plan but at the same time said he had no advise about how to take it as he knows nothing about it. He then told me to eat red meat and liver. Yes Liver. He advised me to eat one of the major food groups every pregnant woman is warned to avoid. I will obviously not be eating any and was so distracted by his incompetence that I failed to actually say to him that he was recommending something I definitely should not be having.

so I’m just to carry on with what I’m taking and hope something changes. I’ve just decided to trial and error my way to a mix of the Spatone and the tablets that doesn’t make my tummy react badly x

Oh goodness cant believe he suggested that:-?
Also didnt like the way he mentioned ur age and how many children u have as if to say it's kinda expected to be feeling the way yr feeling. Not very helpful was he :think:

Well the girls insisted I got my swimming costume on and got in the pool! Feel quite cool now xx

2783A885-7E19-4D01-BC06-D960A44E7868.jpeg

Oh goodness cant believe he suggested that:-?
Also didnt like the way he mentioned ur age and how many children u have as if to say it's kinda expected to be feeling the way yr feeling. Not very helpful was he :think:
Nope he was really patronising and just acted like it was all my own fault or in my head.

Hey ladies, hope you are all doing well? I'm doing good, plodding along. 27 weeks today and I had my back to work interview today. Im going back on Sunday morning and hopefully I will be able to pick the chilled items for home shopping as the trolleys don't get as heavy as the other ones. I get to work at the same time as my other colleagues aswell which is going to be so nice to see them after so long. I'm only going back for 7 weeks then using 4wks holidays, and starting maternity leave at 38+2wks. Hoping I can cope with being back at work after 5 months off!

Be nice to see everyone again I'm sure. 7 weeks will hopefully Fly in.

Well this morning I got up to go to toilet at 5am. Noticed some blood. I havent had anymore since thank God. But I'm heading to assessment unit soon to get checked out. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about and is just one off those things although I've never experienced this before. :confused:

@TTC no2 just caught up on your post over in Tri 3. So glad all is fine and you got seen quickly. I had some spotting at 27 weeks with my son, went in for assessment and all fine. Never found a reason and never happened again.

Might hop over to the Tri 3 thread, when does it actually start?? 27 weeks tomorrow :)

Spent some time sorting nursery today, newborn clothes and blankets etc. Quite emotional looking through our sons things. We didn’t know sex with him so loads of neutral stuff she can wear. Hubby also got pram/next to me/car seat etc down from loft so I can check we’ve still got all the bits we need. Hopefully won’t need to buy much xx

Wow being back at work is tough... 2 5 hrs down 2.5hrs to go

Hopefully flies in for you Kanga I'm sure ur feels good to get back to some normality though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back