**September 2020 Mummies**

I’m trying my hardest to not worry about it all too much, but I do think there will be a second peak especially after the “normal” behaviour I have started to see when out. I have 2 of my 3 back in school already, but My yrR is in a class of 7 inc him and my pre schooler is in a class of 6 inc him, so very small classes so far. It will be interesting to see how it all changes the closer to September we get. I’m feeling annoyed with work as they keep changing the rules, we are going now we have to wait for a government update, just want to know where I stand as I’m anxious about having to go back in even though I’ve been given a role away from other people.

I’m having a pretty down weekend because today is the anniversary of my mum passing and my birthday is tomorrow, so just want to curl up and hide away from everyone and everything today.

Hey ladies, sorry I've been quiet for so long. I'd like to say it's because we've been doing loads of fun stuff, but no. DD is back in nursery for 2 days a week so that ace. She's loving it too. We had a socially distanced family photo shoot on wednesday. It was great, and so cheap. £25 for 25 mins, running around in a field, and we got 27 digital photos. Already said I want her to come to ours to do some with the new baby, when it's allowed.

I'm 24w today, and feeling it. My lower back is aching loads and I'm feeling a little bit sick. Feel like all I want to do is eat cake. I made some brownies earlier and am not so patiently waiting for them to cool. I'm not a natural baker, so fingers crossed they're ok or I'll be so upset.

sorry you're having a difficult weekend kanga. It must be such a hard time for you. Sending lots of love xx

Totally agree on the protesting front, I mean I completely understand why people are out doing it but I do think there must be another way when they world is in crisis. I absolutely expect that in 2-3 weeks we (and America) will see a devastating spike in cases.

also agree that what I’m seeing from people out and about is that they’ve started to forget precautions and just take the ‘Ah well seems unlikely it’s really an issue now’ approach. X

Hey ladies, hope everyone’s hVing a good weekend :)
Just catching up on posts!

As I work as a Tesco delivery Driver, I’ve just had a phonecall yesterday to say I’m not allowed back for another 4 weeks! Which means I would of been off for a total of 4 months (16 weeks) which is crazy!!! Both girls back at nursery (2 days a week) and Pippa back at school In a classroom of 6. Kind of glad I’ve sent pippa back, as she’ll be going into year 1 in September so wanted her to get used to the new ‘normal’ in school before then!

don’t no wether anyone else has had this but I’ve been having tightenings, probably braxton hicks more than anything....I can feel my belly tightening every so often :) 25 weeks today :) growth scan in three weeks as well!! Just cause I’m a fat mama lol!

Xox

@chickadee1990 I hope Asda follow suit and keep us off too! I've been off since 6th Feb so 17 weeks already as I was off due to hyperemesis before the lockdown started! Kinda hoping it will all be extended enough so I can just start with annual leave and the straight into maternity leave without having to go back. I hadn't had any Braxton hicks that I have noticed so far, not looking forward to them starting.

@kanga86 hopefully they will do, as it’s Tesco policy that all pregnant women no matter what week there at are off for the foreseeable, and then it’s to be reviewed in 4 weeks!! Does it sound bad that I actually want to go back to work just because I’m missing the routine :( although I was due to take two weeks maternity on the 1st of August, and then start maternity leave on the 14th of August. But Tesco is taking 2 days holiday per month that your off, so means my holiday is technically being taken off me to make sure I’m paid the right amount. As I no this baby will probably come two weeks before my due date due to Obstetric Cholestatis!!
It was really weird because I can feel my stomach getting tighter I’m like baby are you moving or just giving me pain for no reason lol! Xx

Ours is still all up in the air, originally I was due back from next week, but Asda are now waiting for a government update to decide if vulnerable people should stay off longer. I do miss the routine but for the sake of maybe 6 weeks I can't be dealing with the hassle of going back lol We are having holiday taken too, for the 12 weeks we have been off they are taking 25% of our holiday allowance and paying us it. I was planning on starting holiday around 3rd Aug as had a caravan holiday booked, but doubt that will happen now.

Hi girls hope uz are good and bumps are well.
Today I've my 28 week app at the hospital. It's been ages since I've had the normal checks done (11+6 when I was having 12week scan)
Baby has been noticable quiet yestrday few kicks but not as much. Today not as active so I will be making sure they give me a good check before I leave. Still think baby is traverse and cuddled up into a position I'm not getting all the usual knocks.
Last day tri 2 for me:dance:

Hi girls hope uz are good and bumps are well.
Today I've my 28 week app at the hospital. It's been ages since I've had the normal checks done (11+6 when I was having 12week scan)
Baby has been noticable quiet yestrday few kicks but not as much. Today not as active so I will be making sure they give me a good check before I leave. Still think baby is traverse and cuddled up into a position I'm not getting all the usual knocks.
Last day tri 2 for me:dance:

Wow last day in Tri 2!! Amazing :)

Hope all went well at your appointment. It’s a long slog from 20 weeks to 28 week one if you are not a first timer isn’t it!

I’m just over 24 weeks now. Movements are getting quite strong, more prods/kicks than swirls and flutters now. I think she might have done a full on flip last night when I was in bed, nearly made me sick

Had a productive few days clearing stuff out of the nursery and going through My nieces baby clothes which my sister dropped off... going to need more storage!

App went well. Baby is measuring ahead in all off the measurements taken. So well see how the growth of this babe goes. I'm plotted on the 50th centile line. So if it follows this is def my biggest babe. It's also breach at the moment.
Ask could she tell me gender but nope. The cord was covering so we couldn't see. (We are just not meant to know haha)

Feels good when u get started doesn't it. I've so much to do. I've to clear the room I wanted to get done. Clean the travel system etc and just get organised.

Pleased the appt went well TTC. Can't believe you're in tri 3.
The wait between 20w scan and 28w mw appt is sooooooo long. My weeks change on a Sunday but my mw works near me on Thursdays so another 4 weeks till I see her. Feels forever away. Getting a lot of regular movements though so that's good. Some of the big, and really pokey movements are making me feel a bit sick too.

DD is at nursery today so I'm trying to have a mix of relaxing, and getting stuff done. Going to move all the downstairs stuff down to under the sofa (bouncy chair, play mat, etc) to free up some room in the nursery. Then I want to go through all the clothes properly so I have numbers of what we have in different sizes. I'm sure we have loads, but also not sure :think:

I really don't think I'll get back to work before Mat leave. I work for the Gov, so obvs everything is being followed to the letter. And with them only letting about 50% of people in, and me only being part time, I don't think they'll push for the risk assessment for me. It's a bit annoying as I'd like some normality. But I can't complain as I'm on full pay. Just not sure how on earth I'll motivate myself in Oct 2021

Glad all went well at scan TTC2!! I’m a bit like you as I’ve had no checks since 8 weeks with midwife, and that was only bloodsapart from the 12+20 week scans. Got my 28 week growth scan on 2nd of July! So about 2 weeks away near enough!

Does it seem weird that after two babies I’ve forgot how much they move when your trying to sleep haha! he’s defintley one wriggly baby inside me!
Don’t no wether anyone’s got sky, but on channel Watch, they put on One Born Every Minute at midnight then I watch it in the day time! I keep crying loads haha! Then I’m like I’m not doing this not doing that, starting to get a little more real now baby is getting bigger! Xx

Yes at night and in the morning mine has a good wee wiggle. The other day one off the movements made me whince a little it was so strong. Really like something was poking out. Foot maybe.
I've been watching some baby births videos on youtube and have seen pop up on fb I would flick on. Love them.

Hope i got all u wanted to get down today Amy. I finally ordered my first purchase for baby. I ordered the next to me Magic. Turns out it was best option for us as my matteress is 65cm off the ground. Excited to get it. Was going to buy baby monitor but not sure I really need it as baby is going to be close by at all times maybe handy if i was too shower though as baby slept. Had looked at the BT6000

Hey ladies, we have all been super quiet here. We have been plodding along. Although yesterday the preschool sent Alfie home as he was coughing so had to go and get him tested for covid or they won’t let him go back. Had to take James out of school too! Alfie is perfectly fine and he has maybe coughed twice since I got him at 10am yesterday, so he definitely isn’t ill.

I have my 1st growth scan this afternoon, I’m only 25+4wks so don’t know why it is so early, it will be nice to see baby though. I’m also thinking of planning for homebirth just in case I labour really quickly again and don’t have time to get to the hospital. If we can we will probably head to the hospital but knowing we could get a midwife sent to us at home if needed I think will give me peace of mind and stop some of my anxiety of birthing alone.

Hey ladies, we have all been super quiet here. We have been plodding along. Although yesterday the preschool sent Alfie home as he was coughing so had to go and get him tested for covid or they won’t let him go back. Had to take James out of school too! Alfie is perfectly fine and he has maybe coughed twice since I got him at 10am yesterday, so he definitely isn’t ill.

I have my 1st growth scan this afternoon, I’m only 25+4wks so don’t know why it is so early, it will be nice to see baby though. I’m also thinking of planning for homebirth just in case I labour really quickly again and don’t have time to get to the hospital. If we can we will probably head to the hospital but knowing we could get a midwife sent to us at home if needed I think will give me peace of mind and stop some of my anxiety of birthing alone.
Hey Kanga - I hope Alfie and James are ok and it was just a random cough and not covid related. Are you going to get them both tested? When can they go back to school?

Yayyy to seeing your bubba on the screen today - i have a 4D scan later on today so really looking forward to that.

I cant believe i am in 3rd trimester now, its gone so quick and will be meeting my little girl in 11 weeks. So exciting xx

Hey Kanga - I hope Alfie and James are ok and it was just a random cough and not covid related. Are you going to get them both tested? When can they go back to school?

Yayyy to seeing your bubba on the screen today - i have a 4D scan later on today so really looking forward to that.

I cant believe i am in 3rd trimester now, its gone so quick and will be meeting my little girl in 11 weeks. So exciting xx
I got Alfie tested at a drive thru test place yesterday, didn't do James as he has no symptoms. We should get the results back within 48 hrs so maybe tomorrow. Then I think they can go back to school. James is missing it already even though he moans about having to go in and Harry gets to stay home, he misses his friends!

Awww I didn't know any places were doing 4d scans at the moment. Enjoy it they are a fab experience, I've had one with all 3 of the boys. Although the place we used is still closed. I can't believe that you, ttcno2 and rose are all in tri 3 now. It feels like we are so far away from having our babies but it really isn't x

Sorry to thread hop - where are you getting your 4D scan done Char? Every website I go on still says they are suspended due to covid! I'm desperate for another scan that hubby can come along to :( x

Sorry to thread hop - where are you getting your 4D scan done Char? Every website I go on still says they are suspended due to covid! I'm desperate for another scan that hubby can come along to :( x
It's a company called Ultrasound Plus - they have one in Essex, East London, Hertfordshire and Birmingham.
Window to the Womb are also doing 4D Scans now - do you have one of those near you? xx

I've just looked on baby bond and they seem to have 4d scan appts too, I'm so tempted to book one up

28 weeks today for me! So tri 3 time!
Sorry I’ve been really quiet. Not been feeling up to much because my iron tablets are giving me really bad upset stomach so they aren’t absorbing properly and my symptoms of no energy and breathlessness are almost as bad as before I started the iron :( I’m also really really struggling with sciatica and back ache. My
Husband has just done an excellent impression of me dragging myself around like a 90 year old :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back