**September 2020 Mummies**

Thank you ladies, it was pretty tough going just being on my feet for that long after 5 months off. Plus struggling with spd, but I did it and not suffering too much at the moment. It was quite nice to have some normality, even if people weren't social distancing much. Next shift is Tuesday and I have a 5am start instead of the 7am I had today, so that could be a shock.

Anyone else finding their hubby's/ partner really irritating at the moment? I feel as though all Mike does is wind me up and I find myself so pissed off at him that I end up in tears.

@TTC no2 just caught up on your post over in Tri 3. So glad all is fine and you got seen quickly. I had some spotting at 27 weeks with my son, went in for assessment and all fine. Never found a reason and never happened again.

Might hop over to the Tri 3 thread, when does it actually start?? 27 weeks tomorrow :)

Spent some time sorting nursery today, newborn clothes and blankets etc. Quite emotional looking through our sons things. We didn’t know sex with him so loads of neutral stuff she can wear. Hubby also got pram/next to me/car seat etc down from loft so I can check we’ve still got all the bits we need. Hopefully won’t need to buy much xx

So sorry Jenny I just seen ur post. Not sure how I missed it. Thankfully all ok. Hope it doesn't happen again. Was bit off a shocked when I seen it. Like you its just one of those things.
He tried to look at sex off the baby too but baby was so active it couldn't see that 3 times I've tried to find out now. Thanks god I've not gone for gender scan as prob be waste money knowing my luck.

So exciting seeing all the baby bits again isnt it. I've taken my travel system apart and pieces into washing machine and steamed other bits. All cleaned and ready for action. Yet to wash my sons bits and have all the neutrals. Plus I have coming home outfit I need to hoke out too I've used it for all the kids. Lots to keep busy with

Morning ladies, sorry ive been quiet for a while. Not been busy, just no idea where the time has gone. 27+3 today, so not long til I can join you in tri 3.

Sorry to hear about the bleed TTC, but pleased all is ok.

Baby has been really active these last few days. It been difficult to sleep, but lovely to feel her. Been stocking up on some of the more boring stuff- maternity pads, newborn baby wipes, etc. And already thinking about what bag to take to the hosp. My DH always laughs at me as I love to have a plan too early.

Got my mw appt next thursday. Really keen to know how I'm measuring as I have no idea if im big, small, average. Although I know its really subjective.

Sorry work was tough kanga. Was it nice to get to see some colleagues?

Hey everyone. I haven't been on here in ages. Time just seems to be flying by! Nothing much to report here with me, I will officially be in third trimester on Friday which is so exciting! My 2 year old has moved out of the baby nursery and into his big boy room which is great as I have been able to get the nursery all stocked up with essentials and have the wardrobe filled with little clothes again! Still not sinking in that there is going to be an actual baby joining us soon lol I think this time round I just don't get much time to actually sit and think about it as I'm so busy with my toddler! Have a midwife app next week which I'm looking forward to as apart from my 2 scans I haven't had any antenatal apps, so look forward to hearing heartbeat again and finding out how I am measuring etc. I feel bigger this time round for sure, but again I think it is because I am running after a toddler all day which is making me just feel so big and uncomfortable. Hope everyone is doing OK and I look forward to joining the third trimester thread soon. Aahh scary haha!!

Hey @AmyThomas and @VictoriaNi - I posted over in the Tri 3 thread as was so quiet here and I wasn’t really sure when to move- is it 28 weeks?!

Glad you are both doing ok. I’ve got MW next week too on Thursday and GTT on Monday.

I’m same as you guys, time is flying with another child to look after. Definitely feel bigger/awkward this time but probably didn’t try to sit on the floor so much last time! I’ve dug out my birthday ball and that is helping. Might start using it at my desk in a few weeks!

xx

@amy yes it was lovely to see my colleagues, I’ve missed them we used to meet up for lunch and drinks out so it’s been weird not seeing them for so long. They have all been so lovely to me since being back.

I’ve not sorted out any hospital bag type stuff or anything yet, went mad sorting loads of things but not done much the last month, really need to start being more organised. The nursery is just piles of stuff to be sorted out and put away.

Glad you are doing well Victoria, and I bet your little boy was excited to get a new big boy bedroom? I don’t know where the weeks are going at the moment either, this is a quick part of pregnancy especially with other children to keep us busy.

Looks like we all have appointments coming up, I have my 4d scan next Saturday and then my gtt test and midwife appt on the same day 13th July.

Maybe we should all head over to tri 3 now, in my previous pregnancies I always moved over at 27wks. All the government guideline lately saying 28wks is tri 3 threw me a bit lol. I’m 28wks tomorrow.

Yeah I wasn't sure either, my app told me I was tri 3 from last week but when I googled it it said 28 weeks haha. 28 weeks tomorrow anyway so yes time to move threads!
Yeah my little boy just loves his new room, he started off so well sleeping all night in his big bed. However, he has started the dreaded getting out of his bed and coming into our bed during the night and it is hard to get him back into his own bed!! Need to get him out of this habit before baby comes. My husband has ended up having to go downstairs and sleep on the sofa because of it. Just not enough room for the 3 of us plus I'm struggling to get comfortable now in bed so throwing a wriggly toddler into the mix isnt great.
Oh Kanga I am so jealous you are getting a 4d scan. We had one with our first but unfortunately just can't afford it this time round, due to this covid problem I haven't been able to work (self employed) and have basically not been making any money now for months. Nightmare!
See you all in tri 3!

Oh no! It is the worst when they can get out of bed and it is so hard to get them back in. Even with our king sized bed I couldn’t handle a wiggle child in the bed at the moment as I’m finding it really difficult to get comfy too. Got a pregnancy pillow from Argos yesterday and it helped a bit, but it is quite firm so tossed it out the bed half way through the night!

We don’t really have the money either, as I’m down on overtime hours that I did regularly and hubby’s work has cut everyone’s wages by 25% as they can’t afford to pay them normally! Yet they made over 100k in profit last month!!! But having had one with the 3 boys I couldn’t not get one this time. Plus it gives hubby chance to bond with her as he is still struggling with it all! He won’t even talk baby names with me, so she is going to be nameless!

Have you not managed to get any help from the government scheme for self employed workers? That’s awful you have been left without nothing because of covid.

I'm not superstitious, but i just cant bring myself to move over to tri 3 until sunday. I just know if I do now I'll end up in hospital tomorrow with reduced movements or something :rotfl:

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your little boy getting out of his bed Victoria. We're fortunate we've not had that with DD yet. We moved her into her big girl room in April and shes stayed put. Do you have a bed guard? We do, maybe thats blocking her? And shes a floor above us so maybe that's another thing stopping her? :think:But if she does wake up in the night she doesnt try to get out of bed.

Heard from my work that they're sticking with the 2m distancing and not letting anyone vulnerable back in for the forseeable. So guessing thats me out til Oct 2021. Can really complain as I'm on full pay, but I am missing the adult contact.

I've got my 28w appt on Thurs too Jenny. Not heard anything bout the GTT so hoping to miss that one.

I think I'm going to book my scan for August (growth and presentational, I'm not fussed about a 4d one). Probably go for 32 or 34w as need it on a day when DD is at nursery, and we're on holiday when I'm 33w. Excited to see her again, and hopefully confirm she's definitely a girl. Not sure why, but I'm worried they could have got it wrong, even though I didnt see anything down there xx

Hey Amy, yeah his bed has a side guard on it but he climbs out no bother, his room is also right next to ours. I was surprised he started this as he has always slept on his own, we have never coslept with him. I guess it is just the new novelty that he can freely move, hope the novelty wears off soon!! Or maybe he senses baby is arriving soon and he is marking his territory haha! He has me up a few times last night marching him back into his own bed, then he decided it was time to get up at 5.30am this morning. I am exhausted today, but hey I guess he is getting me used to sleepless nights again!!
What age is your dd? Is she excited about the baby?!

Amy, Sunday isn't too far away to move over. We will all be in tri 3 very soon. It's good you've had a plan from work. I know what you mean I've quite enjoyed the social part of being back at work but it is extremely hard going after not being in for so long. On break now, my 3rd shift back. You only get a GTT test is you have a high bmi or a family history of diabetes, its horrible so be grateful to miss out on it lol

I would book the scan at 32 weeks as later in pregnancy it gets much harder to see baby as they are so big. At 32wks you should get a good profile pic still. Sexing this late on is also difficult so they may not be able to confirm it for you.

That sounds difficult Victoria, pleased im not having to deal with that at the moment. She'll be 3 two days after my EDD. She goes through phases of talking about the baby a lot, and how she'll be the big sister and can share all her toys, and then shes not fussed for ages. I think the novelty will soon wear off when shes not centre of attention. How about your DS?

Anyone had carpal tunnel during pregnancy? I didnt have it last time but not sure if I'm getting it now. Has an aching lower arm/wrist the last few days, which ive just ignored, but this morning the pain in it woke me at 0500. So painful. All I could do is have a paracetamol and rest it. Hoping its a one off from sleeping funny, but worried it might continue

I mind getting it with my last pregnancy. Havent had it this one yet.
Now that I'm getting more into later stages my new aches are my hips. They get sore when I'm on my bed. Thankfully it's not stopping me from sleeping but when they start to ache I have to get up.
Def have noticed more aches and pains now that I'm bit older compared to my other pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back