***September 2016 Mummies - the last lap***

Yay for finishing work Caroline!!

And fab that you've moved in Lander :) exciting stuff

Not looking forward to my GTT on Thursday! :-/ going to take a book I think. Not sure when I'd get my results... don't have a midwife appointment for a couple of weeks which seems a long time to wait?
Xxx

scn....yay congratulations on single digits, your lunch sounds lovely, jealous you had the nice day area I was stuck out with the other rifraf lol xx

Lander...goodluck on the new pad x

Mrs..woohoo on maternity leave x

Naomi....here they ring you the next day if there a problem with the GTT otherwise you hear nothing not sure if it is the same there x

Well girls I am cried out I thought I got away scott free no phone call was good news but at 4.45pm I got the dreaded call yep I now have Gestational diabetes....the hospital then rang 10 minutes later so I have an appointment there in the morning I will know more then. I wanted a water birth and active labour but waving byebye to that now baby comes 1st and I will just get on with it bummed though. Heard babies HB today at MW and bump was measuring a tad on the big side xx

Last edited:
Oh no sansk that's rotten. All might not be lost, wait and see what they say xx I don't really know too much about GD if I'm honest, I'll worry about it if I've got it.

Picked up my pram today, bought a monitor and a few bits of clothes. Mothercare sale starts on Thursday ladies if anybody needs any big things xx

Oh no sansk I'm sorry to hear that. I'm thinking I may have too as baby is measuring big and bump is measuring big. I have no idea what it means to have it. Have they given you much information yet? I think it's one of those things that isn't an issue as long as they know you have it as they can put certain things in place?
Hope your appointment goes ok tomorrow. Let us know how you get on xxx

Aww sorry to hear that Sansk

Naomi we are the same, they ring you the day after if you are diabetic otherwise you hear nothing x

So jealous you've moved Lander! Hopefully we are but weeks away now and will get a date soon. My nursery is all in boxes at my moms and I just want it unpacked and put together!!

I've got 26 working days left, not taking into account the emergency leave I'll need for moving, so I'm well on the countdown. Got 2.5 weeks leave and maternity starts 2 weeks before I'm due.

Hope everyone is ok!

My sugars have came back high as well Sansk, I'll get an appointment for the diabetic clinic through the post :-(
God I'm going to miss my sweet foods :-(

Oh no Karen that's rubbish news :-( I'm panicking about mine as don't think I could live without chocolate at the moment! Will have to if it comes to it though I guess!
Down with a stinker of a cold and feeling sorry for myself today. Still got what feels like ages left in work!
Hope you get to move soon RRS xxx

Sansk how did your consultant appointment go hun? How are you feeling now?

And Karen how are you?
Xxx

Ach I'm fine Naomi, had a chocolate eclair today :blush: see the consultant tomorrow so will ask what my sugars were exactly, I might ask for the GTT to be repeated if the results are borderline cos I had a very late dinner on Sunday night (9.30pm) and it was very carb laden (steak pie and roast potatoes) so I'm pretty sure I was still digesting that on Monday!!! I'm just hoping that they weren't so high that I need to go straight onto insulin :shock: hoping to control it with diet if possible.

How are you feeling? Are you taking anything for your cold? I hope it doesn't linger for too long xx

Ha I've had a toffee crisp today along with crisps and got a rolo yogurt in the fridge that I'm already eyeing up for pudding once millie is in bed... I will only have myself to blame if it turns out that I've got it!

Hopefully your results are borderline Karen. Can eating late make a difference? Perhaps I should try to eat mine before 8 then tonight if I can get millie down.

Feeling pretty naff - haven't taken anything but have just put some vicks on my temples to ease the headache. Early night tonight I think!
Xxx

Thanx girls :hugs:

scn...sorry to hear that doll, it sucks doesn't it. If they will recheck definitely go for it x

Naomi....Best of luck at your test tomorrow x

Was the diabetic clinic I had to see this morning, she answered some questions I had, from what she said I can't go over 40 weeks....a risk of CS, induction, ventouse delivery but then most labours have a risk of them things...I got a wee blood sugar reader to take home and have to check my bloods 7 times a day 'sighs' keep a food diary and a total overhaul of my diet to try and get it under control without needing medication. I have a consultation app on tuesday and he will probably scan me and go over the food dairy, answer questions, check my wee man out etc. Will have to attend clinics though every week or two more scans and more check kept on me. Resting should have been below 5.1 mines was 5.6, after the 1st hour of GTT after drinking that sugar concoction it should have been below 10 mines was 12.2 and then the 2nd hour just before going home my levels were 4 so even though the hour after it was high it came down pretty fast. I ate some stuff today I shouldn't have eaten cause have a shop to do tomorrow and curious what the readings would be, but even with eating white bread and the other foods I ate my levels were within range which is interesting was the GTT a fluke? did I just have a bad day with said readings I don't know but am stuck here now on high risk now, but I guess reining my eating won't be a bad thing I need some discipline.

Last edited:
Ha I've had a toffee crisp today along with crisps and got a rolo yogurt in the fridge that I'm already eyeing up for pudding once millie is in bed... I will only have myself to blame if it turns out that I've got it!

Hopefully your results are borderline Karen. Can eating late make a difference? Perhaps I should try to eat mine before 8 then tonight if I can get millie down.

Feeling pretty naff - haven't taken anything but have just put some vicks on my temples to ease the headache. Early night tonight I think!
Xxx

I think eating so many carbs at that time of night could possibly have made a difference after all our digestion is slower in pregnancy.
Hope you're feeling a bit better tomorrow and good luck with your GTT xx

Thanx girls :hugs:

scn...sorry to hear that doll, it sucks doesn't it. If they will recheck definitely go for it x

Naomi....Best of luck at your test tomorrow x

Was the diabetic clinic I had to see this morning, she answered some questions I had, from what she said I can't go over 40 weeks....a risk of CS, induction, ventouse delivery but then most labours have a risk of them things...I got a wee blood sugar reader to take home and have to check my bloods 7 times a day 'sighs' keep a food diary and a total overhaul of my diet to try and get it under control without needing medication. I have a consultation app on tuesday and he will probably scan me and go over the food dairy, answer questions, check my wee man out etc. Will have to attend clinics though every week or two more scans and more check kept on me. Resting should have been below 5.1 mines was 5.6, after the 1st hour of GTT after drinking that sugar concoction it should have been below 10 mines was 12.2 and then the 2nd hour just before going home my levels were 4 so even though the hour after it was high it came down pretty fast. I ate some stuff today I shouldn't have eaten cause have a shop to do tomorrow and curious what the readings would be, but even with eating white bread and the other foods I ate my levels were within range which is interesting was the GTT a fluke? did I just have a bad day with said readings I don't know but am stuck here now on high risk now, but I guess reining my eating won't be a bad thing I need some discipline.

I didn't get a 1 hour test, just fasting blood then more blood at the 2 hour mark after the lucozade.
It definitely won't do me any harm to change my diet ..... I just don't want to right now lol
Hope you're not getting too upset over being high risk, I've been high risk throughout and having fortnightly consultant appointment with scan and will probably be getting an elective section anyway so things won't really change for me in that respect. It's good to be kept a close eye on, try to feel reassured rather than stuck xx
I would have thought with those readings you'll be able to control it well with your diet xx

Sorry to hear about the GTT results :-(
I'm addicted to coco pops so would hate to give that up!
Off to a wedding on Friday. Black tie at 28 weeks is not good. Haha
Xx

Aww Aragon, I went to one a couple of weeks ago,I was 26 weeks (looked full term) my advice is sit as much as you can and take some flip flops, even wear a maxi dress with flip flops underneath
I had to take my shoes off as my feet swelled out of them, my dress wasn't floor length and my flip flops didn't match ... I'm also on a lot of the photos as it was my brother in laws wedding lol. My mother in law tried to tell me to put my shoes on and I just refused as it wasn't happening and to be fair it's obvious I'm pregnant so people could see why I did it and my brother in law didn't care x

The back of my throat is feeling acidic, anyone getting that? X

Heart burn Caroline? I've had heartburn a few times this pregnancy and it can make my throat feel acidy.

Just had the drink and on the two hour wait now til the second set of bloods. I'm feeling this increasing sense of foreboding! I ate by 8:15 last night but had a little fondant fancy at 8:30 :-/ I just can't resist something sweet after dinner!

The drink wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Not lush by any means but drinkable.

Are we meant to sit for the whole 2 hours or can we walk around a bit? I meant to ask the nurse but forgot. Brought my book but not really in the mood for reading. Xxx

You are meant to sit as they want to see what the sugar does to your body naturally without any help etc.

I've never had heart burn before so I wouldn't know what to expect x

Thanks Caroline. I've stayed sat down minus one quick trip to the loo. Wait is nearly over now. Fifteen more minutes and counting!!

Maybe try some gaviscon and see if that eases it? I had it in the last pregnancy and was told to have a small plain muffin and some milk before bed to ease it xx

Well after all the house moving DH has given himself sciatica so he's been signed off sick for a week. Wish I could catch up on that much sleep!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back