***** May 2015 Mummies to be *****

Aww congrats to new babies!!!!

I should be getting home today just waiting about for it to be all official. Can't wait !

Hope everyone's doing well, either still waiting or with new babies!!
X

Cers - I really hope something happens in the next 11hours for you!

Wow eve...quick! Of course cord could prolapse. I just couldn't think of anything! Haha hopefully baby starts drinking some of that fluid and getting it down :) were you late or early with your others?

Elliot are you home now?

I had a consultant appointment due to previous section and she was so positive and let me have my say really. She didn't push anything. I said I would not be planning a section and the only time I would agree to a section would be for a distressed baby or scar rupture.
I will go in on June 11th if I haven't gone before then for an induction. Otherwise everything else is normal and she's completely happy with everything and think I will get my VBAC :) she also offered a stretch and sweep and I was a little reluctant as I'm not too bothered for him to come yet but I wanted to know if she could reach etc. I don't think she could as she never said much about it but I saw she wrote 2cms down (although never said anything to me) baby's head is still very high so I'm trying to do stuff to get him to engage! :)

Please tell me this is a good sign!!

I have been very uncomfortable all day but this evening I have had a lot of pressure in my bottom particularly when baby moves, the only thing is that I have been quite constipated for a couple of days?

I'm hoping it is a sign things are progressing, but trying not to get excited.

When's your next midwife appointment flosi? Were you engaged last app? I would say baby is engaging more and it's a good sign! :)

I have an appointment today at 4. My notes said free at last appointment. Here's hoping that something is going on, very bored and fed up with it all!

Hope you are all ok, are we the last may mums left?

I got home yesterday afternoon thankfully. Cried a lot yesterday but seem to be doing better today.

Midwife visit went ok and not lost took much weight so that's good.

Glad to hear you are home Elliott!

Had MW appointment today, but she didn't really tell me anything BP is still slightly high, but notes say baby is still head down and free. However she did say there was no more room for baby!

I have had tightening across lower bump again this evening but still nothing to shout about!

She has said if I don't have baby then will look at induction date around 12 June, which is just too far away to think about

Flosi there definitely not a lot of us. Think it is just you, Eve and I. You can ask for induction to be earlier but to give yourself the best chance the later the better. They said the 12th to me but I said I would be happy with the 11th (but i am a VBAC so they would want me in earlier)

On your next app they should offer you a sweep. Hopefully baby will start to engage soon, my monkey hasn't either but I've had the pains like he's been in and out. ATM I'm just thankful he's head down :)

We're all thinking of you and have reserved seats for you last few May mummies in the baby section. Not long now ladies, hang in there x

It sucks waiting - thinking of those of you who are left x

My MW said that I could have a sweep on the 1st June. But she would advise against it! And that she will just book in for the induction.

She also looked at results from scan I had when she thought baby was breech and commented that baby had a big belly, is this a concern?

Come on May mummies. I am rooting for you. Some of the June mummies are jumping in line. X

Been to the hospital this morning the fluid has increased so they have booked me in for induction on Tuesday. Whilst I was there I had a sweep. Seems the baby has finally engaged and she said she could feel the head but cervix is still long but at 2cms. I think things might happen now as been having more Braxton hicks especially whilst at the hospital. Really don't want to be induced if I can help it.vim sure it will be tomorrow just when my new car is due to be delivered and my other one taken away! I might get more delivered than I bargained for!!! Keep smiling ladies not long now x

Ah eve...exciting that your induction is so close, I hope the sweep works for you and gets it all moving.

Flosi - I wouldn't worry about the belly size at all as that is literally a snap shot of that moment she could have had food in her belly etc. the head and shoulders are the hardest to get out everything else just slips out after that :)
I would take the sweep (not always successful but neither are inductions)
I will be having a sweep on Tuesday, trying to get this baby's head engaged more because he's still just so high...need the pressure for him to get it all going! :)

I'm really not in any rush for him to come. It would be lovely for him to be here this time next week but I just don't see him coming yet.
Also I'm busy on 4th so would rather him not try and make an appearance then. :)

Sorry I haven't been on for ages, hope everyone is doing well.

I've been really poorly with pemphigoid gestationis (didn't know I had it and never even heard of it before) Been covered in blisters which had been very painful.

Will update this evening or over the weekend With my labour story xx

Hi all,

Thought you might like to hear my labour/birth story.

So I had some reduced movement early last week and it was decided that the safest thing to do was to induce me. (I had had 2 unsuccessful sweeps).

I was admitted into the hospital on the 21st and had the first pessary inserted at 3:30pm. Did plenty of walking around the hospital, but nothing. I was due to have the second pessary inserted at around 9:30pm, but ended up having it at about 11pm. I started to have a show and stomach cramps but wouldn't have called it contractions at that stage.

By 7:30am on the 22nd the contraction had started and were coming thick and fast. I had my tens machine put on and tried to manage with breathing, and tens.

By 3pm I was in agony and begging for pain relief, which I didn't get. Still don't know why as I kept asking. I went in the birthing pool but only lasted about half an hour as I was in agony with strong contractions in my back. So got out and put tens machine back on. I was told I would be examined shortly and could then have pain relief. Just before 6pm I had an epidural and felt total relief from then on.

At 8pm ish I was told its time to push, I pushed with everything I had but an hour and a half later although mum and midwife said they could see baby's hair we just wasn't getting anywhere fast.

The next thing the consultant came in and explained we needed to get baby out asap and she wanted to examine me to see if we could do it with forceps. Suddenly there was a room full of people including a pediatrician. They said theatre was being prepared and if we couldn't I would be rushed in there. I had an episiotomy and I pushed with everything I had (like I had been) and the consultant pulled with forceps. Mum told me afterwards the cord was round her neck when her head came out.

I was advised to have the injection to deliver the placenta which I agreed to. Ania was rubbed down and put straight onto my chest.

When they were weighing her and stitching me up I noticed a rash had come up on my stomach.

About 5am we were taken onto the ward and eventually got a little sleep, about an hour.

Saturday 23rd I was covered in the rash. The midwives thought I had re-acted to something and the consultant came and checked me over. He prescribed piriton thinking it was an allergic reaction. The next day it was even worse and the rash had turned to blisters over my legs, bum, back and belly. On the Monday I was dis-charged they said best to get home as I was clearly reacting to something in the hospital.

Tuesday 26th I was in agony with all the blisters, some were oozing and running down my legs. It literally felt like I was burnt. I couldn't wait any longer for it to be resolved and went to a private hospital. Where I was diagnosed with Pemphigoid Gestationis. I've had biopsy's taken from my stomach so got a couple of stitches there too (think I'm held together with stitches at the mo!!) Started steroid treatment (creams so I can breastfed) and star
ting to heal now, but could take up to a month to be any where near fully better.

so didn't go according to plan, but got a healthy little girl here and that's all that matters. Born 22nd May 10:35 and weighing 8lb 0.5oz :)

xx

Blueeyes what an ordeal for you! Sorry to hear you are suffering so much and I really hope you heal soon.
On the bright side at least you have your baby girl to stare at!! Congratulations! Make sure you join the May babies thread in the parenting section and let us know how you're both getting on xx

Wow blueeyes, you poor thing. I hope the blisters heal soon. Glad you hot your baby girl hear safely though. Congrats hun Xxx

Wow blue eyes what a birth story! Hope you heal quickly and glad to hear your little one is out safely.

Quick update....

Olivia arrived in my life at 11.12 on the 29th may! After 26 hours and being rushed to theatre for a 3rd degree tear!!
In agony and pissed off at still being in hospital but have one amazing little girl!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back