** March 2020 Mamas **

@Niknaknoo that's so amazing! I felt the wee flutters tonight when I lay down to listen to baby's heart beat again with the doppler... I put the doppler where the flutters were and hey presto I found the heart beat straight away. I then lay there and Could feel pretty strong flutters for ages.... It was magical!!

I am also tired and seem to be getting more aches as the days goes on and my sleeping pattern is crap.

Our name for a girl is Felicity but not picked a middle name yet

Our boy name is Felix but again not picked a middle name yet

When we find out baby's sex we may add a few more to the list but I seem really happy with these names for now

I'm still guessing it's a girl. 16 wk midwife appt tmrw and now managed to get the day off work even though I'm in call in the evening.... Win!

@Sunrise212 I guess a boy for you based on nub theory

Any ladies suffering from high blood pressure?? I’m very nervous my blood pressure is high it goes from 128-160. I check it on my home blood pressure system which is always good 118 but when i get it done at the pharmacy it’s always higher in the 140’s. Should I be talking to my doctor about possible preeclampsia? I’ve read horror stories on women suffering strokes From this!

Any ladies suffering from high blood pressure?? I’m very nervous my blood pressure is high it goes from 128-160. I check it on my home blood pressure system which is always good 118 but when i get it done at the pharmacy it’s always higher in the 140’s. Should I be talking to my doctor about possible preeclampsia? I’ve read horror stories on women suffering strokes From this!

You could just have whitecoat syndrome if Its fine at home? 140 is fine, I would only seek GP when it's about 160 ish and Constantly that high.

I have the opposite problem I have low BP since being pregnant with systolic of 100.

You could just have whitecoat syndrome if Its fine at home? 140 is fine, I would only seek GP when it's about 160 ish and Constantly that high.

I have the opposite problem I have low BP since being pregnant with systolic of 100.

Thank you for the response! Possibly I’ve never heard of white coat syndrome before I’m going to speak tomorrow about it with my doctor! I hope you get your blood pressure under control xox

How did you midwife appointment go @Alexis2017
The midwife was very cold and uninterested. She was very matter of fact and v unhelpful. I told her I had a cough for 3 weeks now and I feel very breathless. She told me to make an appt with GP to get a steroid inhaler but my gp has no appts for 3 weeks. Useless

I also asked about my back as I have herniated discs on my lower back and was told I could refer to physio at 16wks and she just told me to speak to my work? I dunno It was very rushed.

She checked my BP and said was low but just to make sure if I fele dizzy to sit down. She used the doppler to listen to baby's heart and that was it. Gave me an appt for 22 weeks.

@Bre I am a nurse so I see it alot. I obviously cant say that for sure but if it's only high when a doc or midwife etc check it it could be WCS. Good luck!

The midwife was very cold and uninterested. She was very matter of fact and v unhelpful. I told her I had a cough for 3 weeks now and I feel very breathless. She told me to make an appt with GP to get a steroid inhaler but my gp has no appts for 3 weeks. Useless

I also asked about my back as I have herniated discs on my lower back and was told I could refer to physio at 16wks and she just told me to speak to my work? I dunno It was very rushed.

She checked my BP and said was low but just to make sure if I fele dizzy to sit down. She used the doppler to listen to baby's heart and that was it. Gave me an appt for 22 weeks.

@Bre I am a nurse so I see it alot. I obviously cant say that for sure but if it's only high when a doc or midwife etc check it it could be WCS. Good luck!

Your midwife doesn't sound very helpful at all @Alexis2017 . The advice she gave you is terrible didnt really help in anyway. Hopefully she was just having a 'bad day's and will be better at your next appointment.
Your GPs sound like mine. An absolute nightmare to make an appointment.

Glad you hear babies heart beat again. I bet that made up for an awful appointment x

Thanks for the info @Alexis2017, I’ve got mine next Thursday, wasn’t really sure what would happen, really hope they do my heartbeat as I’ve not felt baby move yet. I have a long list of questions to as but I will narrow them down to the really important ones, just in case. What sort of questions does everyone ask their midwife?

I hope you manage to sort out a GP appt soon @Alexis2017.

If we didnt live at opposite ends of the country I'd be wondering if we had the same midwife. My 16 week appt was utterly pointless. She didnt have my screening results, didn't want a urine sample, didnt do a blood pressure check or anything. And they wont check baby's heartbeat here until 24 weeks. So I basically sat in the waiting room for 25 minutes to be told when my next appt is. It makes me cross.

17 weeks today though :dance:

Hey all,

I keep forgetting about this forum and noticed everyone had moved to second trimester! I had my 12 week scan on Monday and everything is perfect. My due date has changed to 24th March as I am measuring further along as they thought. Thankfully the exhaustion is disappearing but I have been suffering with heartburn. Hoping the weeks will pass quickly so we get to find out the gender. We’ve announced the pregnancy and everyone is over the moon for us. We are so so excited. And I’ve started baby shopping... best feeling ever!

Any guesses as to what the gender might be?

View attachment 87827
I'd say girl x

Ooh I'm excited for you @Beckyb1991. I would love an early scan but cant justify the cost with everything else to pay for. I only have 20 days till my NHS scan though so not too long now!

Got my early gender scan at 16 weeks. It’s said to be mines a baby girl ❤️

Oh so exciting that some of you are starting to feel flutters. I can’t wait to feel them!!

Becky I’ve got an early gender scan booked for Sat 5th Oct. planning to let everyone know I’m pregnant after the scan. Only parents know at the moment.

Bre - have you had your gender scan?

Hope everyone’s doing ok x

Oh so exciting that some of you are starting to feel flutters. I can’t wait to feel them!!

Becky I’ve got an early gender scan booked for Sat 5th Oct. planning to let everyone know I’m pregnant after the scan. Only parents know at the moment.

Bre - have you had your gender scan?

Hope everyone’s doing ok x

I had a scan at 16 weeks to check to see if my placenta abruption has healed which I’m so thankful it has healed!! So I decided to ask her if she could tell if it was a boy or girl and she gave me a good looks like a girl to me!! (Had the three lines they look for in girls also nothing inbetween the legs ) (fingers crossed ) My actual scheduled gender scan is October 3rd.

Ah how lovely, everyone's 20 weeks scans are so soon! Mine isn't until Oct 28th.

We're not finding out the sex this time, I'd like one of each since we have a boy but I have some lush boys names and beautiful clothes from DS. I'm so conflicted

I think I'm more worried something may be wrong? I have a consultant app on Monday so hoping she can tell me my results for the blood tests a week early.

I dont know I get so anxious that baby is ok.

I've got my gender scan 1 week today on 27th Sept at 17 weeks plus 1.. II am so dam excited. My 20 week nhs scan 16th Oct which feels ages away so glad I booked the private one

@Summerwine Yeah my midwife dipped my urine, checked my BP and dopplered baby's heart then gave me my next appt and didn't answer any of my questions. I can check my own BP and urine in work and I have a doppler in the house so didn't tell me anything new. Oh well...

One of my longest friends just told me she's 5 weeks preggers so means we will be off mat leave together. She is only 11 wks behind me. It's s such great news.

Morning!

Ah you’ve all got gender scans so soon!! My nhs one isn’t till 4th November. Feels like a lifetime away!
Had a repeat scan yesterday to do screening tests so got to see bub again. Almost doubled in size...from 42mm to 76 mum in 2.5 weeks.
Wriggled around loads and we even got a thumbs up!
I think I’m seeing a boy nub, was kinda hoping for a girl this time but I’m never sure! Only time will tell. Not that I’ll be disappointed with a boy at all though!

65574551-B9F7-4828-B46E-8F30FA454740.png

Just booked a private gender scan for 13th oct. it’s oh birthday on the 15th so will be part of his present. Only £39 and just down the road. Booked for a Sunday so ds can come too.

Just booked a private gender scan for 13th oct. it’s oh birthday on the 15th so will be part of his present. Only £39 and just down the road. Booked for a Sunday so ds can come too.

Ah that's sound a clear scan picture. <3
We've booked our gender scan for 12th October so just the day before you. I cant wait. We'll be 17 weeks. We thought we'd wait til 17 weeks as every hospital appointment we've been too our dates have been pushed back :rotfl:

How is everyones pregnancy symptoms? Mine seem to have gone apart from nasal congestion *rolls eyes* and still knackered on an evening although not as bad as I was!
It worries me slightly that some symptoms have gone eventhough I know they do in the 2nd trimester.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back