** March 2020 Mamas **

Thanks @Jeni 1990 thank replying xxxx . I hate that it’s not straight forward. Worried if we have the fluid test it will cause a miscarriage. We can’t really afford £450 to pay for a private blood test.
Husband doesn’t want to know and will love this baby whatever. Down syndrome isn’t that much of a big deal it’s more of the Edwards Syndrome that I’m worried about as read babies often die straight after birth :( wish we hadn’t announced our pregnancy to the world now. Xxx

Thanks @Jeni 1990 thank replying xxxx . I hate that it’s not straight forward. Worried if we have the fluid test it will cause a miscarriage. We can’t really afford £450 to pay for a private blood test.
Husband doesn’t want to know and will love this baby whatever. Down syndrome isn’t that much of a big deal it’s more of the Edwards Syndrome that I’m worried about as read babies often die straight after birth :( wish we hadn’t announced our pregnancy to the world now. Xxx

I know i was the same its alot of money to pay out i know the downs isnt as much of a worry its alot to take in and think about no matter what you will love the baby its such a hard situation like i say my mam had the fluid with me and she was 40 overweight the lot she wudda been a mega high risk in this day she was back then but she said it was fine i know a few who have had it its just having to relax after it u announced ur gawjus baby dont regret it!! Nothing is 100% baby is probably more than likely probably fine but its how u cope through the pregnancy is your worrying going to ruin it you really need to do what is best for u in ur heart you know im sure u will get through this downs are so beautiful but i know its such hardwork its a worry i feel for u so much right now but i think u will be fine i know ur going to worry about baby but just pray u can get to a place where ur happy with ur decision ur hubby sounds like a great man! :pray:<3 take some time alone to think about it Xxx

Just got my results back from Hospital for the combination test.

We’re high risk. 1 / 95 Edwards syndrome and 1 / 62 Down’s syndrome.

Has anyone else had similar results? We’re unsure what to do next. The nurse has given us the options of extra tests etc but I’ve been told that’s 2 / 1000 risk that it could end in miscarriage.

Why can’t it all just be straight forward.

It’s a tough one. We haven’t had our test yet, baby was too small at the scan so we’re going back next week. I don’t know what I would do, Is the honest answer! I think I would want to know, otherwise the rest of your pregnancy would be spent worrying about it. But do what feels right for you, it’s true you will love your baby no matter what!
Good luck and I’m sorry you have to think about it. X

Thanks ladies.
My husband rang the nurse and she said they will check everything at 20 week scan. So I think we’re just going to wait until then instead of risk a miscarriage with the fluid procedure.
I just hope everything is okay xx

I am so sorry Tigerlilly. I’m thinking about you at such a heartbreaking time.

Nattles, my midwife told me the extra blood test was £150 is this something you would consider?

I’ve got my 12 week scan tomorrow. I know I’m going to struggle to sleep. So want our little bubba to be there waving back at us xx

@SesameSeed the nurse told me it was £450 and you have to wait 2 weeks for results.

I've chatted with my husband tonight and were just going to carry on as normal and wait until 20 week scan as they'll check everything then too. Then at least there no risk of miscarriage if we wait until scan.

Hope your scan goes amazing tomorrow. Let us know how you get on and dont forget pics xxx

Morning ladies.
How are we all feeling this morning?

I'm feeling a lot more positive this morning. Was very emotional yesterday receiving that phone call (being at work) and it would have also been my Mams birthday but she passed away in 2013. So it was an emotional day all round.

Definitely not going to do any extra tests and just wait until 20 week scan to check for abnormalities. I know they cant confirm downs then but downs really doesn't bother me.

I'm not going to worry and enjoy this pregnancy. The nausea seems to have eased off too! Woohoo!!!

Hope you're all going okay. I'm so glad its friday xx

So glad you’re feeling more positive Nattles. I think you e got the right mindset x

Had my scan today and they have confirmed a due date of 24th March. Baby was so chilled out.

2B5750BB-4D0C-4211-A09F-9FA74162BACC.jpeg

Sorry for everyone's troubles :( hope everyone else is doing ok. I keep forgetting to check in. Wish we had a facebook page, would be easier to keep track xxx

Glad you’re feeling more positive nattles. And that nausea has eased!
I seem to be feeling a little better every day, wretching has decreased but still definitely there. Still headaches and total exhaustion most nights so a way to go yet! Hoping for the magic switch to flip in the next week or so!!

Thank you Nik. Glad you're starting to feel a bit better too. I'm the same stuff extremely exhausted. I cant wait for that to pass x

@Nattles33 Does your midwife mean the harmony test or the NIPT?x

Hi @Kitana it was the nurse at the hospital. She mentioned we could get the fluid test or the placenta one. But this carried the risk of miscarriage.
She did mention the NIPT but said this would have to be done privately at a cost of £450 as they dont do the harmony test at my hospital anymore. Looks like they stopped doing it January last year xx

I'm just catching up..

@Tigerlilly I am so sorry for your loss. I found my mc the hardest thing. It broke me. I send my love

@Jeni 1990 I send my love and well wishes to you hunni. I send you strength and hope for the future

@Nattles33 I'm sorry about your test results. Mine came back v low risk at1in 100000 so I ant really offferany other advice but I do know the harmony test an provide more accurate answers but it is costly. I am glad you have managed to move forward and make some decisions on that.

I'm 15weeks yesterday and still worry every day if baby is okay.

Ds arrived in beside me an hour ago. He’s snoring away but I’m wide awake ffs!!! Tomorrow is going to be looooong.

How are you feeling @Jeni 1990 xxxx

Hi chick im pretty sore today i had my first tablet yday so bleeding has started nothing major it will obviously get worse when i go in on monday slightly drugged up and feeling contraction type pains aswel as what feels like my endo pains so i dred to think what id be like if i hadnt had oramorph codeine naproxen and gabapentin id defo be in hospital also i have toothache from a gum infection caused by pregnancy so on antibiotics too but suppose im getting a head start as the nurse said they would put me on them on monday anyway had a lil cry tday but i really feel like im watching this happen to someone else i think its slowly hitting me as i have started to feel pain but i think im trying to make plans like geting into the gym and losing weight so i have something to focus on and channel my upset that way but i know im going to be heartbroke when monday comes but i will pick myself up again i have been writing down my feelings and whats happeneing and i think i will post it on my inst with all my other stuff about endo and try make it positive as much as it kills me ... thank u so much for asking chick means alot how are you getting on glad to see ur abit more settled now... im sure u will be absolutely fine... thank u also @Alexis2017 means alot lovely im guna keep a check on u lovelys!!! <3 xxx

13 weeks today!! :cheer: Officially 2nd tri now finally! (Although my Ovia is still saying tri 1 but I’m ignoring that!)

Felt crappy all weekend, had enough of wretching and vomiting. Really want it to pass soon. Got weddings this weekend and next so don’t want to be feeling horrible at them :-(

I’m a little worried that I’m not really showing yet, I was by this time with ds and I expected to show sooner this time. But I’m carrying a bit more weight than last time so maybe it’s just down to that. Seeing baby again on Friday for screening tests so that’ll reassure me hopefully. Maybe I’m just not going to have an 8lb 14er this time!!:D

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back