** March 2020 Mamas **

What do you think!? I honestly thought it was a boy at very start then I cnahed my mind... And honestly was shocked!

@Summerwine Yeah 'Felix Wood' is our name! Just need a middle name now! :D

I’m thinking girl because this pregnancy has been very different to my first, but who knows. I’ll be happy either way!

Felix is a great name!

Go see the dr about your cough. I get it every year about this time and it lasts months, I think it’s an allergy / asthmatic thing but I’ve never been diagnosed with anything. Always better to get it checked. X

Ahhh congratulations @Alexis2017!!! I have a little boy and have to say I think boys are fab! I'm secretly hoping for another although I know hubs wants a pink one!! Ooh and you've got your name picked out havent you?

@Beckyb1991 if my memory serves I think your gender scan is today? If so good luck and looking forward to hearing about it!

Xx
Yeah it's a boy. Abit sad as I was desperate for a girl. Xx

Aww no @Beckyb1991. I think people really underestimate gender disappointment. Sending you hugs.

I can see that you've already got one of each, so hope you dont mind if I ask why you're disappointed? Trying to look at it from a different angle, I bet you're glad you've found out now so you have some time to get your head around it? I'm sure it wont matter a jot by the time he arrives <3

@Summerwine Im staying yellow (sounds funny ) hubby wants to know but no, foot down for surprise .

Congrats @Alexis2017 boys are awesome (I'm bias though lol), love my funny little one.

@Beckyb1991 Ah I'm sorry hun, I won't lie, I'd like a girl to even things out a bit but equally I don't think I'll mind at the end of the day. I have loads of beautiful boys clothes and my little boy wants a brother lol.. (husbands trained him to say it). I can understand you're a bit gutted though x

Aww no @Beckyb1991. I think people really underestimate gender disappointment. Sending you hugs.

I can see that you've already got one of each, so hope you dont mind if I ask why you're disappointed? Trying to look at it from a different angle, I bet you're glad you've found out now so you have some time to get your head around it? I'm sure it wont matter a jot by the time he arrives <3
I really do have my reasons so please don't think I'm just plain evil lol. My son is currently under assesment for autism, they are pretty certain that's what it. He can't communicate, not even wave or point. He screams most of the day on some days and has terrible meltdowns, going out in public places is practically impossible and he won't stay with family members. Even the preschool won't have him for more than 3 hours a week as they can't handle him! So in all honesty, I don't want another Oliver, don't get me wrong I love him like crazy but I think 2 of him will finish me and finish my marriage. Boys are more likely to get autism.

And in all honesty I've loved every minute of watching my daughter grow, I just really wanted that again.... I feel very guilty for feeling like I do but I can't help it! And unless someone's been in my shoes I think it would be hard to understand x

2 blues, 2 yellows and a pink so far!

Ooh you're good @SpiritedAway. I'm far too impatient to wait, although I do wonder what having a surprise would be like! .

That sounds incredibly hard @Beckyb1991. I had no idea boys are more likely to be autistic! They do say that no 2 babies are the same though, so fingers crossed for a little cherub who sleeps lots, smiles plenty and eats well.

Lovely pram @Alexis2017

@Beckyb1991 that is extremely tough and I can see why you may be feeling disappointed, worried and perhaps scared all at the same time. I don’t think any of us could truly understand unless we have experienced it ourselves but this little boy may not have any he difficulties your DS has and you may enjoy watching him grow and develop the same way you do your DD. Xxx

@Alexis2017 I missed your photo updates! Love them. I have serious pram envy. That is gorgeous!! We are lucky enough to have been given a second hand tandem buggy which has saved us a lot of money, but that pram is soooooo pretty... me and my green eyed monster are off to bed now...

@Summerwine Lol not at all.. Keep looking at nub on my scan pic haha :lol:

Yeah I do want a surprise in a way, I cant do it again. I'd love to have a tribe of babies/children but I'm suffering bad again with hyperemesis so one last surprise :)

Gosh, Becky that sounds tough. I don’t know how you deal with that and being pregnant at the same time. I hope everything works out well and you get the support you need.

I’m a bit sad I don’t have the excitement of choosing a pram and other things again this time. We have pretty much everything we need except for a few bits that we borrowed last time. Silver lining is it’ll be cheaper though!!

Gosh, Becky that sounds tough. I don’t know how you deal with that and being pregnant at the same time. I hope everything works out well and you get the support you need.

I’m a bit sad I don’t have the excitement of choosing a pram and other things again this time. We have pretty much everything we need except for a few bits that we borrowed last time. Silver lining is it’ll be cheaper though!!
That’s the same for us too. We’ve got most things from DS I think that’s why we opted for a gender scan this time. Had a surprise last time but we want to buy lovely clothes etc seen as though everything else is sorted. Xx

I really do have my reasons so please don't think I'm just plain evil lol. My son is currently under assesment for autism, they are pretty certain that's what it. He can't communicate, not even wave or point. He screams most of the day on some days and has terrible meltdowns, going out in public places is practically impossible and he won't stay with family members. Even the preschool won't have him for more than 3 hours a week as they can't handle him! So in all honesty, I don't want another Oliver, don't get me wrong I love him like crazy but I think 2 of him will finish me and finish my marriage. Boys are more likely to get autism.

And in all honesty I've loved every minute of watching my daughter grow, I just really wanted that again.... I feel very guilty for feeling like I do but I can't help it! And unless someone's been in my shoes I think it would be hard to understand x
Thread hopping here but just wanted to say I totally understand where you are coming from. I have 2 kids already. My son is autistic and my daughter is currently being assessed for autism. It presents differently for girls so I didn’t even see it. I am having such a tough time with her and feel like a hopeless parent at times but when I found out I was having another little girl I cried. Don’t get me wrong I will love her and i’m looking forward to it but I think coz although it’s tough I have an easier time with my son than I do my daughter I really wanted another boy. My oh is over the moon. I’m glad I found out so I can get my head around it. I just wanted you to know your not alone. Xx

I’m thread hopping too..
I understand your worries Becky. Our oldest son is on the spectrum, has ADHD and Tourette’s. It took us a long time to even consider another child, I felt scarred from how difficult motherhood had been with him. When we did have our second 9 years later (after IVF and miscarriages) I worried if he was a boy we’d go through the same. I’m delighted to say we did have another boy and although he’s only 21 months, he shows no signs at all that his brother did at that age. He’s wild and cheeky and mischievous, but just a typical little boy. I seen it as my chance to almost get to do it again, and enjoy the things with him that I missed out on with my first. Try not to worry too much and enjoy thinking of who this little boy is going to be <3 xx

Just splashed out on a maternity coat. I didn’t bother last time as I was driving to work but now I’m walking I’m sure I’ll need one that I can wrap up properly in!
Really starting to look like I have a bump now. Will take my first bump pic soon I think!

Just splashed out on a maternity coat. I didn’t bother last time as I was driving to work but now I’m walking I’m sure I’ll need one that I can wrap up properly in!
Really starting to look like I have a bump now. Will take my first bump pic soon I think!

I got a next mat winter coat but got it new with tags on ebay for less than half the price its selling for... Its the one with the zip panel! Not wore it yet but it is getting colder

I got a next mat winter coat but got it new with tags on ebay for less than half the price its selling for... Its the one with the zip panel! Not wore it yet but it is getting colder
Lucky! I checked eBay but nothing I liked in right size. Got a jojo one for £70 so not too bad. I’ll get the wear out of it! Can be worn for baby wearing too.

Can anyone else just not stop eating? I’m hungry aaaaaalllll the time. Trying to stick to healthy snacks but sometimes I just need a bag of crisps! I think it’s partly because I’m still getting that horrible taste in my mouth.
How is everyone feeling this week? I’m very glad to say I haven’t actually been sick now for over a week. Still the occasional wretch during the day, have accepted the twice daily teeth cleaning wretch isn’t going anywhere though :sad:

Glad you've stopped vomming @Niknaknoo! I'm not really hungry at all (unusual for me!!!) I'm forcing myself to try and get at least 2 balanced meals and a couple of snacks into me. Super thirsty though!

1 more week till scan day... counting the days...

@Niknaknoo im the same, can’t stop eating!

Other than wanting the eat a pudding every night I’m starting to feel ‘normal’.

Has anyone been monitoring rheir weight and what’s the average gain?

2 more sleeps until our gender scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back