***June 2019 Mummies***

Hiya ladies, just caught up.

I’ve considered combi feeding so kids & hubby can help & then I can still do my regular clients as I know hubby can feed BUT I’m unsure as I keep reading that if baby has both they can sometimes end up not taking the breast & I really don’t want that. I really want to try harder to BF for longer this time so I’m more drawn to exclusive BF but it’s all down to baby & boobs once they are here I guess. Also I’ve got implants which I had done since my last child as at the time didn’t ever plan on a third. I lost a fair bit of weight after him & lost my boobs completely I felt so crap about it. I’d always had pretty good boobs before so I decided to have them filled back up again lol. So really I don’t actually know if I can even feed but fingers crossed I can as I love the connection you make from BF & it’s a sure start to weight loss which is a huge added bonus to me !

I’ve put on just under 2 stone so far. Hoping I only go another half stone In total & not make the 3 stone mark as it’s just more to get off after. I don’t think I’ve put on a great deal of weight, mines defo mostly bump & boobs at the min!

We got a great bargain this weekend. My neighbours daughter has a 1 Year old through ivf & it’s the only one she’s having so she was selling a few bits. We got a next to bed crib which I was going to buy new anyway, a swing (both pictured) a bumbo, 2 playmats & steriliser (although may not use but we’ll see) all for £200. The crib & swing we’re £360 new just for those & they look barely used at all. Obviously I’ll wash everything anyway but I’m well pleased with that.

I finally know what Braxton Hicks are too. I can’t really remember having them with my other 2 but there’s no denying these! We took the dogs on a long walk today & my god was my belly tightening & cramping like a gooden. It wasn’t painful but deff uncomfortable & ive pretty much had them on & off all day since. Baby feels so low already too, like it already feels like there’s so much pressure down below & when I get this Braxton Hicks the tightening/pressure feeling just intensifies. I’m thinking where it’s my third & my bodies done it before it just feels like it’s going to fall out haha. Deff makes you remember the real pain that’s still yet to come lol!

Last edited:
Finally third tri on Saturday! Some of you only have 8 weeks left!!! Wow how fast has it gone?!

This is my problem linnett I want baby to have my milk, but I suppose in the end I can just express if he doesn’t Transition smoothly between boob and bottle.

The crib and chair look amazing condition. Why pay full price when you can save money and have nearly new?!

We put little mans pushchair and crib etc together the other day, to make sure it didn’t have any missing bits! I’m really impressed with the quality. £299 for bed side crib, pushchair/peak, car seat and a 5in1 rocker/chair/Moses basket thingy.

Once we get home from our baby moon at the beginning of June it’ll all go into the final place ready for our little man!

I’ve had my friends 15month old today while she was working. I forgot how energetic and moody they are! Each time i told him no, he threw himself backwards and screamed like I was pulling an arm off or something!
After the attitude from my newly turned threenager yesterday, I’m now questioning my sanity in choosing to have another child LOL! 3 is definitely worse than 2! I don’t care what anybody says, and the worst bit is that not a single person tells you.

Finally third tri on Saturday! Some of you only have 8 weeks left!!! Wow how fast has it gone?!

This is my problem linnett I want baby to have my milk, but I suppose in the end I can just express if he doesn’t Transition smoothly between boob and bottle.

The crib and chair look amazing condition. Why pay full price when you can save money and have nearly new?!

We put little mans pushchair and crib etc together the other day, to make sure it didn’t have any missing bits! I’m really impressed with the quality. £299 for bed side crib, pushchair/peak, car seat and a 5in1 rocker/chair/Moses basket thingy.

Once we get home from our baby moon at the beginning of June it’ll all go into the final place ready for our little man!

I’ve had my friends 15month old today while she was working. I forgot how energetic and moody they are! Each time i told him no, he threw himself backwards and screamed like I was pulling an arm off or something!
After the attitude from my newly turned threenager yesterday, I’m now questioning my sanity in choosing to have another child LOL! 3 is definitely worse than 2! I don’t care what anybody says, and the worst bit is that not a single person tells you.
You do realise some of us are on our 3rd hahahaha don't tell us that lol.

Three is worse than two?! I heard that the third just kinda fits in with routine, is this a lie!?! Haha

I ask my youngest today if he was ready to be a big brother. Told him he'd have to be a little more grown up as mummy might need his help from time to time. His reply 'How much help will I have to give, I don't really want to help' haha brutally honest if nothing else xx

Haha... I’m on about age three being worse than two lol!
This will be my second baby, and at the moment my daughter can’t wait. But we’ll see when little man is here making noise and stealing her toys!

Hi, can I ask why is better for you sleep on your left side than your right side? I’ve broken a couple of ribs on my left side from severe coughing and can’t lie on my left at all. I’ve been told to sleep sitting up if I can or on my right side. I feel terrible because everyone keeps saying how important it is for the baby to sleep on your left side.

Bumbles don't worry about it, I don't sleep on my left side. I start the night off on my left, by only ever last 30 mins max as I find it painfully uncomfortable. I think it's so painful becausr baby actually favours the left side and lays there all the time so it's added weight. I always sleep on my right side.

The science behind it Is that by sleeping on your left you increase blood flow to your major organs, such as the liver, kidneys and uterus. The increase blood flow to the uterus delivers more nutrients to the placenta and baby. However, most midwifes/consultants etc will tell you that any positions apart from on the back is fine. Laying on flat on your back puts pressure on the main artery running down the back of your uterus etc. Can cause all sorts of problems in the long run. So they say to sleep on your side and if you wake on your back then put yourself back in your side. Just sleep as your doctor has mentioned, and sleep sat up or on your right. Don't feel guilty about it xxx

That's really great to know baby! I find baby gets stuck on my left and it's uncomfortable, I feel like I need to sleep on my right too to balance things out. I wont feel so guilty now!

Dh had to go away for work again this week so I haven't been sleeping well. I think I woke up every hour. It didn't help that baby had shifted position so the kicks felt fainter and I was constantly counting kicks. He span round this morning and now the kicks are just as strong as before. Last time DH was away I bled so I'm trying really hard to not let anything unusual happen this time. I've done lots of online shopping today. I'm pretty much sorted for 0-1 month and 0-3 month clothes now but will probably get a set of either newborn or 0-1 month bodysuits in plain white after the birth when I know if he is going to be in newborn size at all since he's so big. I also got a baby bath, baby grooming kit and nappies and wipes. I'm getting so excited now!

Thank you Baby. I can just about manage to sleep on my right side at the moment so I’ll stick to that as much as possible. Sleeping sitting up is hard. It made me feel really guilty when I was reading about sleeping on your left side. There’s no chance I can manage that at the moment. This little boy is a fidget too he’s always on the go, luckily his feet are on the right side at the moment so he’s not kicking the broken ribs... for now at least. I’m really looking forward to meeting him now though c-section is booked for 10th June although they did say they might move it forward if things don’t get better with my ribs and pelvis.

I start off sleeping on my left side then switch constantly in the night but because it’s my left side that’s hurting with my back and leg it’s really uncomfortable.

I had my growth scan today, everything went fine. Midwife said it was a dream scan and everything is looking perfect and healthy which is good. He currently weighs 4pound 6 apparently.

Has anyone else got there hospital bag ready? I got some of my stuff today for it just need to organise everything.

I can’t sleep on my left at all - for 2 reasons. 1. It makes me feel sick & it has done since the beginning & 2 because hubby sleeps on the left side of the big & has no sleep awareness & if I faced that way I’d deff get a elbow to the face so I stay facing the right all night. I happily slept on my back for parts of the night up until about 2-3 weeks ago but then baby grew & it just isn’t comfy laying on my back at all, even for a few minutes.

Anyone also starting to find babies quite high up sometimes? Last night I couldn’t even sit comfortable & everything felt so squashed under my boobs/ribs!

I had appointment with consultant yesterday & to my surprise he did a quick growth scan which I wasn’t expecting at all. Babies measuring where it should be apparently & is currently 2.14lb. He’s booked another growth scan for 37 weeks to check size again then. He advised he’d rather me have a hospital birth because apparently if you experience blood loss with one labour it’s more likely to happen again so at the minute I’m just waiting for my midwife to receive my notes on the amount of blood I lost with my son & then we’ll discuss options more then. I’d still prefer it at home currently but if everyone thinks it’d be better for me do go to hospital then I will obviously as don’t want to add further risk to the labour so we’ll see.

I haven’t even considered my hospital bag yet. I think I just assume this one will be late as my other 2 were so don’t see the rush in getting sorted lol & I keep thinking 11 weeks is ages... watch now how quick the time starts to fly haha

When I sleep which is rare I literally sleep on whatever side is most comfy. Which changes about a billion times a night lol.

Had mw yesterday. Fundals is measuring fine. In line with growth so she's happy.

I was told tho that because of something written on my notes with my son that I am not allowed a waterbirth and I will have to be in the Labour ward with a cannula in ready just incase, just because I can't prove I didn't lose as much blood as the previous mw wrote. Absolutely gutted as I had everything planned properly this time. I know it does my always go to plan but I don't even get a choice now.

I packed my bag weeks ago lol. I always pack it early and repack it about 5 times after lol

Haven’t thought about bag yet. Similar to Linnett my babies are always late. We haven’t even started the nursery yet.

Been really suffering with spd. Tried to see physio but got month waiting list so paid for chiropractor. Hasn’t helped yet but hoping he can work his magic. Said my pelvis, back and hip are all up on one side following accident and one leg is longer than other by a lot. It’s all twisted too.

My baby is really low! I’m wondering if it is too early to engage? Felt a lot of pressure and the bump is so low I can’t sit to pee. Have to squat up! Haha.

How gutting about your labour Marvellous! Maybe on day you might get a more flexible midwife? I know last time I wasn’t do consultant due to platelets being low but the midwife on day was lovely and said I didn’t have to monitor as regularly if I didn’t want to. X

Yeah, I don't worry about how I sleep either, I figure that we'd have to be a pretty piss poor species for something as minor as that to effect our development and we're doing ok :wink:
Wow, that's a really decent size Smcx, how far along are you? I think I've got most of the things for my hospital bag but I haven't packed it yet as I didn't want to wash things too early but I need to get on with it really, just in case! I think I'll just wash and pack the premature clothes initially and then wash the bigger clothes to replace them as we get further along.
I have more difficulty with baby being low down Linnett, she's never up under my ribs but always putting pressure on my cervix!
Does anyone else experience period type cramps? I haven't up until now but I'm having really significant cramps this evening! Xx

Yeah, I don't worry about how I sleep either, I figure that we'd have to be a pretty piss poor species for something as minor as that to effect our development and we're doing ok :wink:
Wow, that's a really decent size Smcx, how far along are you? I think I've got most of the things for my hospital bag but I haven't packed it yet as I didn't want to wash things too early but I need to get on with it really, just in case! I think I'll just wash and pack the premature clothes initially and then wash the bigger clothes to replace them as we get further along.
I have more difficulty with baby being low down Linnett, she's never up under my ribs but always putting pressure on my cervix!
Does anyone else experience period type cramps? I haven't up until now but I'm having really significant cramps this evening! Xx

Piss poor species! Lol that made me laugh! It’s true! Ha

Mines a combo of cervix pains & feeling squashed under ribs. Baby isn’t high enough to cause it alone though so I think it’s all my organs that’s have been pushed up!

Had the shittest night to date last night. Got into bed at about 11.30 but couldn’t get comfy. I eventually drifted off but it was still broken as I could feel my back & right leg (which is a new one!) we’re aching. Got up at 2am as baby woke me & I needed to pee & then I had an overwhelming urge to jump on hubby lol so we done that & then I still couldn’t sleep. Decided to come downstairs at 3am but still couldn’t get comfy. I also realised just how much this baby moves. He/she is an active baby most the day anyway but I really noticed the extent of the movements last night! It just doesn’t stop & it’s so strong! Think it’s giving me an insight as to what it’s going to be like once he/she is here lol. I eventually fell asleep at 6.30 on the sofa & woke up at 8! Thank god it’s the school holidays because I’ll no doubt need a nap later!

I’m 32weeks now. When should you start washing stuff? I organised all baby’s stuff yesterday just need to wash everything. But I feel like I’ve still got 8weeks til I’m due is it to early? My friends saying she had hers all done weeks before x

Forgot to add, I’ve had period type cramps quite a lot over the last few weeks. In my tummy & back but then I’m sure they are actually Braxton Hicks as they get stronger especially if I walk quite a lot. I think it’s a lot to do with growth & stretching too!

I had a terrible night's sleep last night too. We had a massive thunder storm so that kept me awake, I now can't decide whether to nap or if that will keep me up tonight.

Smcx I got all the baby clothes washed as I bought them. I didn't think about it being too early.

I had a crappy night too... can’t decide how to get comfy tossing and turning. I had midwife this morning, he’s measuring three weeks ahead, so going back in a fortnight to see where we’re at. Thinking of cancelling my holiday abroad now as I don’t know if I’ll get a fit to fly note carrying a big baby. Absolutely gutted, but I’d rather have him out early if he’s fully cooked rather than risk giving birth in Spain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back