***June 2019 Mummies***

Sorry, no personal experience and everyone I know who attempted to combi feed didn't manage it for very long at all, either to do with issues with supply, nipple confusion or baby just getting used to bottle so finding breastfeeding too much effort! There should be breastfeeding support groups in your area though, it may be worth attending one of those before the baby arrives to get some advice? I did attempt to express a bit later on but certainly didn't find it the easy option as when they're still exclusively breastfed as soon as they see boob or smell milk they want it so actually being able to find the time between feeds to express and then having enough to feed him soon after was difficult xx

It’s so hard to find info abi and midwives etc say not to introduce anything else until at least 4 weeks!

Marvellous did you start from day 1 combi feeding? I’m going to try the Medela Calma bottles as these are supposed to stop the lazy feeding!

Unicorn my mum is a health visitor and runs one of the breastfeeding groups in my area, but I’d rather hear about real life experiences.

It’s ok midwives and health visitors telling you latest guidelines, but unless they’ve actually done it, how can they say if it works or not?

Not from day 1 but in the first week.

Iv found Youl get some mw/hv that will be a stickler for guidelines and some that tell you from experiance. I told my hv with my eldest I was combi feeding and she said aslong as she is happy, feeding and healthy then mum knows best.

I combi fed my 3rd baby until she was around 5 months I would say she gradually preferred the formula and my youngest I exclusively breastfed I did try to express but it didn't work for me as my baby was a good feeder so didn't really have the time with having other children x

I meant more the peer support groups Chrissy, rather than the professional run ones xx

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling really uncomfortable today and I'm having loads of Braxton Hicks! Luckily my parents insisted on having our little boy tonight so I can put my feet up and rest! I honestly didn't feel like this at the very end of pregnancy last time, I can't believe I've still got 10 weeks to go, although I very much hope I do xx

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling really uncomfortable today and I'm having loads of Braxton Hicks! Luckily my parents insisted on having our little boy tonight so I can put my feet up and rest! I honestly didn't feel like this at the very end of pregnancy last time, I can't believe I've still got 10 weeks to go, although I very much hope I do xx
I totally get it- I feel the same today, most days I feel really good but baby is lying under my ribs- Im also hoping I don’t need to have my section early as could do with those extra few weeks- in the last week feels like I've really grown - going need to buy some new tops - managed ok in my normal clothes up till now xx

Wow, that's good going Caz, I've been in maternity clothes since 7 weeks this time and now can't fit into some of them! Xx

Thanks unicorn, hope you managed to chill out tonight- I’m couple pounds down but my BMI was quite high before pregnancy x

A couple of pounds down on your pre-pregnancy weight? That's amazing! I stopped weighing myself when I got to an additional stone and a half because that's what I put on in the last pregnancy and this time that was only at 20 weeks, so I dread to think how much I've put on by now xx

Soo I’ve finally joined the shit sleep club! I can’t get comfy because of the spd causing my leg and back to ache and hurt at night, waking up to turn over as it hurts and then going toilet is an effort as I then can’t walk!! I can’t wait to be able to sleep on my back. I’ve done so well so far but it’s really starting to taking its toll now.

The countdown is on 8 weeks to go 3weeks left in work!!

:shakehead: not much sleep here either. I keep waking in the night for 1 reason or another. Usually because of my hips, shoulder, need a pee, can't get comfy, snoring woke me up, dog woke me up, mouse farting in the field behind the house... The last is an exaggeration but that's how ridiculous my sleep is at the min :(

I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable most days. Having occasional braxton hicks, that aren't painful but are definitely uncomfortable. I've developed that pregnancy waddle now, hips are pinching and sore most days. Baby hasn't tormented my ribs yet, she likes to be low down and kick at my cervix instead lol.

As for weight, so far I've put on 1st 6lb...which I didn't think was horrific. With my first pregnancy I put on 3st!! But I was a whole lot younger and lighter prepregnancy than this time. Second pregnancy I don't recall what I put on, I don't think I weighed myself actually. But I was huge... So I reckon it was around the 2st mark. I think I read somewhere that we can put on around a pound per week in these last few weeks. So I might still hit the 2st mark.

Is anyone else looking forward to having there body back? Don't get me wrong, I've loved growing my little girl and realise how lucky I am. But my god I won't miss the heartburn or sore hips. And I'm actually looking forward to starting up my running again.

Also not sure if it's any good to anyone as I guess most of you have bought everything now? But there is a company on fb called Jelly Tots Ltd, they're based in Birmingham but provide courier service. They sell all sort of larger baby items. I've seen a bundle on there page consists of next2me crib, joie dreamer rocker, next2me mobile, a blanket and that star projector thingy that attaches to the side of the next2me crib all for £119 plus £14pp!! Bargain I think, only thing is they are exdisplay/refurbished goods. Might be worth a look if your not bother about having refurb goods xxx

I'm still not quite back to pre pregnancy weight yet, but getting there quite fast now so not expecting to weigh to much over that at the end... no doubt Il pile it on now.

I saw every hour on the clock last night. Blooming exhausted.

I've had terrible sleep too. It got so bad a couple of weeks ago that DH bought us a new mattress but it doesn't do much in the face of the back ache and heartburn. The heartburn is a bit better that it was thanks to the ranitadine but I keep waking up on my back and my right side feeling guilty that I'm not sleeping on my left like I'm meant to but I move so much in the night. Then at 4am baby is up for an hour kicking me. Normally it's just a flick of something moving but last night I felt something hard, likely a foot, through my skin.

I know what you mean about having your body back. I'm already making Pinterest boards of clothes I want to wear when I look like me again! I've always been slim so to be this big is really a challenge for me. I'm so stressed out about my weight gain. I don't want to get to more than 70kg as that's a 15kg gain which should be more than enough but since I'm already on 68kg and I have 10 weeks or so to go I don't think that will happen. Some friends tell me you gain loads in the last trimester while others say basically nothing due to the heartburn and not being able to eat much at a time. I'll have to see what happens. Still, I keep reminding myself that a lot of that weight is going to the baby and he's looking strong and healthy which is all I can ask for. Hopefully breastfeeding will help burn it all off anyway.

Yeah, I lost all of my pregnancy weight and some more from breastfeeding last time, but did put it back on from spending time meeting friends in coffee shops with cake ;) But as that isn't likely with having the 2 this time I'm hoping I'll manage to get off the extra weight!
Luckily I'm sleeping fine, other than needing to get up for a wee a few times a night, the crazy dreams and the clingy toddler in my bed, but as he wasn't here last night I had an even better sleep :D
And my hips are doing ok and baby has been nowhere near my ribs - she more feels like she's going to fall out!
That's an amazing deal Baby - we paid more than that for or Next2Me alone!
Xx

I put about 10lbs on during my last pregnancy and was about 20lbs lighter after birth - did put a little bit back on while breastfeeding in the early days but I signed up to Weight watchers when my little girl was a 11 weeks and lost 25lbs while exclusively b/f. The other pregnancies I was lighter after birth accept for my second baby I gained loads but she was a big baby and 2 weeks over due.

That’s such a good deal baby, will have a look as I need to get pram and few other bits xx

I wish I could say I lost all my baby weight having my 2nd but in reality I gained loads during pregnancy and more after. Also it altered my shape so my old clothes never fit again.... this time I will not allow myself to out so much weight on after. I just worry my stomach muscles are to damaged this time so Il never shed the mum tum or muffin top

I’ve not put any weight on being pregnant I’m literally all bump. But then again I can’t put weight on anyway soo I guess I’m just lucky.
We’ve pretty much finished the nursery today, just need to put bedding on the cot and sort out his clothes and hang them when there washed. It feels a lot more realer now!

I weighed myself at my parents today and I've put on 1st and 10oz! So I'm already 3oz over what I'd put on by full term last time! I'm really going to have to reign in my eating from here on in or I'm never going to lose it all after!
We've spent the weekend getting organised as well, hubby has got all the baby stuff down from the attic and moved everything else up, so our fourth bedroom is now just full of stuff ready for the baby and once that's all in use it'll become our little boy's room and the nursery will be ready for the baby. We've just got a wardrobe to put up in the spare room ready for the baby's clothes and then I can start washing everything! I think the only things we have left to buy are a newborn sling, a buggy board, sheets for the Next2Me, carrycot and Moses basket (just because I want pink instead of blue!), baby toiletries, tenna lady knickers and some blankets and we're ready! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back