***June 2019 Mummies***

Have you a plan in place yet - induction or anything? fortunately I still feel pretty good so I’m not not quite at the end of my tether yet. I’m just getting impatient & very aware the longer babies in there the bigger he/she gets! I’ve got midwife coming tomorrow so I’ll see what she says in regards to size as I think baby feels quite big already but I’m trying to avoid induction like the plague as that would mean an end to my homebirth! I’ve been having a lot of BH, been losing parts of my bloody show the last few days & had loser stools which I’d hoped meant something might be happening but it doesn’t appear to yet!
Nope mw wont entertain anything yet. Shes coming Monday so gunna bend her ears.

Iv been losing my plug, BH and random bouts of upset stomach for over 2.weeks but nothing progresses.

My little girl, Ivy Matilda, arrived 8.45am on Monday 10th June. Very long latent stage of labour and lots of stops and starts but we got there eventually with only 12 mins pushing. Had to stay in hospital overnight for obs because my waters went over 24 hours (literally just) before she was born. She is gorgeous and her sisters adore her. I’ve never had a baby with so much hair though! Now I know where all that heartburn was from. Breastfeeding lovely. Had slight jaundice but didn’t need treatment and already a lot better.

483E2F4F-110B-478B-85B8-239666D6A0E0.jpeg 0C138C6C-9C10-458F-ABED-7BD9694CFF32.jpeg

Nope mw wont entertain anything yet. Shes coming Monday so gunna bend her ears.

Iv been losing my plug, BH and random bouts of upset stomach for over 2.weeks but nothing progresses.
Sorry you are suffering Marvellous. I had the same. Plug was going for weeks and the show and every night would get bouts of Braxton Hicks and the labour took a while to get going. Apparently very common with these third babies. I was told by numerous midwives when I was up and down hospital but when it did get going it was all fine. Your body is doing something and preparing and it will be here very soon for you. Will keep checking forum for updates :) xx

My little girl, Ivy Matilda, arrived 8.45am on Monday 10th June. Very long latent stage of labour and lots of stops and starts but we got there eventually with only 12 mins pushing. Had to stay in hospital overnight for obs because my waters went over 24 hours (literally just) before she was born. She is gorgeous and her sisters adore her. I’ve never had a baby with so much hair though! Now I know where all that heartburn was from. Breastfeeding lovely. Had slight jaundice but didn’t need treatment and already a lot better.

View attachment 86013 View attachment 86015
Massive congratulations. She is beautiful and I love her name xx

View attachment 86013 View attachment 86015
Congratulations shes beautiful. Our little lady has the middle name Matilda too :)
Xx

Hope all you ladies and babies are ok.
Having a pants few days.
Had mw yesterday fundals hadn't changed in 3 weeks so measuring 4 weeks behind, was sent for a scan to check her weight. Shes fallen down the scales but still a good weight. I'm now up for review as to next plan of action.
Baby is so far down. Only 1/5 palp.
Was getting regular pains last night and everything but in true fashion, they stopped.

Ah, it's hard work isn't it Marvellous! I was having regular contractions last Saturday so went in and like you everything then stopped! And not really had anything much since! I was term yesterday and midwife attempted to do a sweep but couldn't even reach my cervix, which is apparently tucked well behind baby's fully engaged head I hope this is the start of things for you and you manage to avoid too much intervention. Last time they said our little boy had stopped growing towards the end and estimated he was around 4lb at 39 weeks and wanted to induce him so he could continue growing. I refused and he was born a week later at 6lb8! Were your other children small? Xx

Both were smaller than average for me. This one is bigger but it's the fact the growth has dropped and they dont know why.

Theyv booked me an induction so I have an end date now with sweeps inbetween to try help. Scared but excited.

Just to update quickly, Rory got out of the NICU a few days ago and discharged from hospital a day later. We have been back for daily checks yesterday and today but he gained 25g overnight and seems to be feeding well (I've been stressing because its hard to know with breastfeeding if they are getting milk but he clearly is as he's gaining weight and peeing plenty). It's really good to be home with him now!

Had a sweep done this morning. Not expecting it to work lol. Got another on Saturday

Fingers crossed the sweeps work for you marvellous!

We got discharged from the midwife yesterday now Bobby is above birth weight and 8lb. We’re doing well and I’m recovering really well from the csection now :)

Had a sweep done this morning. Not expecting it to work lol. Got another on Saturday

I’ve got one tomorrow marvellous. Did she say how cervix is / how dilated you are? I was loosing bits of my plug all last week & then it stopped but today I seem to be loosing more again. Could be from DTD last night or the hour & half walking the dogs this morning lol

Been for a walk.... nothing lol oh well back Saturday. Theyl all be preparing me for induction anyway. Mad to think ol be holding her soon :D

Hope it's not too much longer for you marvellous!

Despite a tricky day of cluster feeding yesterday which I'm putting down to a growth spurt, (He just cried all day and I began doubting my milk until we got 11 wet nappies!) I'm absolutely loving being a mum! I knew I wanted a child but I didn't have much experience with babies so I had no idea how much I would enjoy this stage despite the tiredness! It has really helped that I have healed so well from the birth too and I'm celebrating being able to feed just with my milk for the last 2 days despite having to start off with formula in the NICU. It also really helps that hubby and I have different body clocks. I'm quite happy to get up at 6:30 to 7 for the first feed while he sleeps and I can pump milk so I can get to bed around 9:30 while hubby does the late feed. Then we just muddle through 2am feed which we usually have to wake him for! The next goal is managing to get all the pee and poo in the nappy not the floor, our clothes, his clothes, the furniture, himself etc!

I think I must have really been suffering at the end of the pregnancy without realising. I was tired all the time and really worried about stupid things like if I could love my baby and 'what if I got an ugly baby' (!!!) it almost felt like post natal depression but during the pregnancy. I'm so glad it seems to have lifted. I absolutely love my baby, more than I ever thought possible and I'm probably biased but I certainly don't think we got an ugly baby!

Last edited:
2nd sweep today. Good lord I think shes started something. She defo gave me a bloody good going over. Lol

2nd sweep today. Good lord I think shes started something. She defo gave me a bloody good going over. Lol

Any progress? I lost loads of bloody show / mucus plus yesterday & had rhythmic period paid all evening so went to bed hoping it’d progress but I woke up this morning & it had all stopped! Had on / off period pain again today but that’s it so I don’t think the first sweeps worked with me. It’s deff whole things up a bit but not enough for labour. Got my second one on Tuesday so fingers crossed that one works!

So today is the day. Off for my induction today. The sweep did something, just not enough to kick it off properly. Hoping its pushed me along far enough to not need much intervention.

See you on the other side of pregnancy ladies

Good luck with the induction, can't wait to hear all about your beautiful little baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back