*** June 2015 Mummies ***

Yay Lucy!

I wish I could nap but I never get the chance. DD was up half the night again with her cold :(

Welcome Lucy!!

Aww that sucks Buggy, does your lo nap during day? Mayb lie down when she does if u get a chance. im really not sleeping well any more, bloody heart burn and acid reflux :(

Oh no, not good buggy.

I'm not sleeping well either, I wake myself up with this discomfort near my ribs, I find either sitting up or rubbing it is the only thing that helps but hurts sometimes when I take a deep breath, I took some Windeze as read it could be trapped wind, dr google is a nightmare. Seeing MW again next week and she reckoned it could be muscular so might ask if she can refer me for physio like she offered last time x

She won't always nap in the AM and she's going to the childminders this afternoon as I have to go in to the office...

I get aches and pains in my hips and legs which can keep me awake, plus needing a wee at least twice a night, sleeping when you're pregnant is hard work!

Popping in here for a mini rant! How lucky are you guys to be getting the anti d in your arm?! I've had three so far (2 last pregnancy and 1 2 weeks ago) and all of them have been in my bum! :mad: and this is at two different hospitals too!

*walks away cursing and rubbing sore arse*

Uhhhh at my midwife appointment was told I'll be getting it in the bum!!! I have been lulled into a false sense of security here!!!

My wee hubby bought me a pregnancy ball to help my pelvis pain. Was so bad had a wee cry last night. Am booked for physio next week - but been told to prepare not to walk for last 12 weeks of my pregnancy and it might get worse. How can this be an acceptable thing to tell a 28 week pregnant woman - deal with no walking and basically get over it. I don't know what to do, i had visions of lovely long walks when I start mat leave at 36 weeks in early May to help encourage baby to arrive. Now facing prospect of starting my Mat leave earlier than planned and no walking at all!!!! Plus a very uncomfortable next 12 weeks :-( am so disappointed and upset. Hoping they will perform some magic physio on me that will cure the pain.

Aw coletteypie no wonder your annoyed, no body wants to hear that. I have pelvic pain too, had it since feb and signed off work with it. It hasnt got better but I honestly think being off work has helped. I went to physio but been discharged as he says theres nothing more they can do. The ball can give some relief but I found using a medical ring cushion helps the tailbone, also heat and cold compression.

Are u still working? Mayb consider going off earlier and try to relax. Why do they think u won't be able to walk, are u struggling walking now? X

P.s got whooping cough injection today in my other arm, feels sore and bruised...ouch :(

Strange why some give it in arm and others in bum, know what I prefer lol x

Its the anti d they give in the bum. Think whooping cough is always arm. X

I've got my whooping cough tomorrow. Will maybe request the anti d In my arm if they will oblige. But was advised at midwife on wed that will most likely be thigh/bum :-o!!

Yeah it really sucks. So last week started getting really achy - took me a while to work out was actually my pelvis! I started getting sore/achy down below and in my bum. Then on Sunday It suddenly became a whole lot more sore - particularly when walking / getting in + out of bed and turning in bed. So spoke to midwife on wed... And by wed night I was actually hobbling cos walking had become so painful. Can't believe it has escalated so quickly. So was referred to physio - who quite casually said "oh well, best you can do is reduce walking, and most likely will have to until the birth" like it was no big deal. So have session on tues so they can assess me but am pretty nervous that they will just give me coping techniques (like don't walk!) rather than give me physical exercises/manipulation to 'fix' it. I'm probably naive about it obviously but can't believe it could come on this quickly. Have had to cancel work trip next week to Manchester as wouldn't be able to handle the walk either side of the train station never mind the 4 hr journey each way :-(!

Is anyone else doing hypnobirthing? I'm just loving it and wondered if anyone else was going to use the techniques for birthing?

I've got my whooping cough tomorrow. Will maybe request the anti d In my arm if they will oblige. But was advised at midwife on wed that will most likely be thigh/bum :-o!!

Yeah it really sucks. So last week started getting really achy - took me a while to work out was actually my pelvis! I started getting sore/achy down below and in my bum. Then on Sunday It suddenly became a whole lot more sore - particularly when walking / getting in + out of bed and turning in bed. So spoke to midwife on wed... And by wed night I was actually hobbling cos walking had become so painful. Can't believe it has escalated so quickly. So was referred to physio - who quite casually said "oh well, best you can do is reduce walking, and most likely will have to until the birth" like it was no big deal. So have session on tues so they can assess me but am pretty nervous that they will just give me coping techniques (like don't walk!) rather than give me physical exercises/manipulation to 'fix' it. I'm probably naive about it obviously but can't believe it could come on this quickly. Have had to cancel work trip next week to Manchester as wouldn't be able to handle the walk either side of the train station never mind the 4 hr journey each way :-(!

As annoying as it is its probably v sensible to cancel big trips like that, its not worth u being in agony over. I find if ive over exerted myself during the day I will pay for it that night and like u say hobble about like a cripple. In my experience physio wont do very much, I was basically told the only cure was to have my baby! But ive since learned how to adapt, listen to my body and rest when I can, try to prevent the worst of the pain. See how u get on and let us know what they say, u might get some different advice which could help rest of us. When does the pregnancy glow start?!? lol x

Shattered today, saw Paloma Faith last night in Brighton, she was amazing but it's hard work going out for the night almost 7 months pregnant and not really able to dance around... Feeling it this morning... I'm usually tucked up in bed by 9pm most nights and didn't get to bed until midnight. Off on our lil break in Somerset today so see you all in a few days as not sure if we will have wifi xx

Just had the worst nights sleep ever. Woke up at 3am with heartburn (as per usual nowadays) and couldn't get back to sleep because my hubby was snoring, coughing and burping (?!?) in his sleep. 6 hours later hes still at it and I think I could get done for murder haha.

I actually had a decent night sleep for a change...prob cos I was up late with bump kicking lumps out of me, so when i did finally get to sleep was exhausted lol!

Lol @ heybabya - i suspect it is the other way around in my house right now with me being the snorer!

Lucy - i love paloma, i bet she was amazing :)! But yeah...i can barely stay up past 9 never mind till 12! The struggle is real!

As annoying as it is its probably v sensible to cancel big trips like that, its not worth u being in agony over. I find if ive over exerted myself during the day I will pay for it that night and like u say hobble about like a cripple. In my experience physio wont do very much, I was basically told the only cure was to have my baby! But ive since learned how to adapt, listen to my body and rest when I can, try to prevent the worst of the pain. See how u get on and let us know what they say, u might get some different advice which could help rest of us. When does the pregnancy glow start?!? lol x

I have the same problem, had it with DD too! The physio gave me this stretchy wrap thing to wear that helps hold your ligaments in more tightly but it was horrible to wear, especially when you need to pee a lot, so I didn't bother with it.

Seems like something you just have to suffer with. You can help yourself by not overdoing it though, and sleeping with a pillow between your knees (side sleeping) to keep your hips/pelvis in line helps too.

Hope you don't mind me month hoping ladies! Re hip\pelvis pain: you really don't have to suffer or put up with being in agony!

I started suffering with SPD\PGP at 14 weeks, got told by the physio that there was nothing I could do, that I just had to put up with it etc, so resigned myself to a miserable pregnancy, full of pain that did get worse. At 27(ish) weeks an acquaintance of mine suggested I try a chiropractor, and it is the BEST thing I have done this pregnancy! She has helped me sooo much, to the point that I am still mobile (although not quick by any means! Lol), where as I highly doubt I'd be able to even get our of bed if I had not gone to see her.

If you are struggling with hip\pelvis pain, please look into seeing a chiropractor, even if just for a couple of treatments, it honestly will help!

Em x

Ooooh i'm so glad you hopped! I have been googling chiropractors but wasn't sure if this was an actual option or not! Yeah it is pretty bleak to be told well this is the way it is, suck it up! Can I ask what a chiropractor can do for you?? Is is gentle manipulation or exercises?? I am seeing GP about hearburn today so might ask for local recommendations!

Its a combination of gentle manipulation, massage and simple exercises to rebalance the pelvis and get all the muscles and ligaments working correctly again. She also gave me a good support belt, and advised I check out the pelvic partnership website, which has loads of great info.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back