*** June 2015 Mummies ***

I'm consultant led and having a scan at 32 weeks x

Im consultant led so hopefully get a scan then, would make getting jagged all the better. I will let yous know what to expect then.

Watching omeb here for the first time in this pregnancy and im feeling emotional. Think im more scared as I might be pushing this one out! :'(

I literally cant wait for OBEM tonight, not normally one to get emotional but feel like there may be a tear shed (and maybe a few winces/squeezing together of legs!)

Does anyone else feel like an imposter in tri three, it gone so quickly that I cant quite believe we're in the final stretch.

x

I watched the previous series of OBEM recently on demand...and mostly loved it. There was one or two eps where I struggled, and found I felt anxious after. But all the other births made me laugh/cry/feel better about it - and importantly that I could do it! Can't wait :)

Haha yeah Pismo, the labour threads are too close for comfort now :-o!!!! Can't believe we are on the home stretch!

Ahhhhh my pram just arrived :) :) sooo excited! It is HUGE - 4 boxes! Eeeeeek! Must resist urge to open it all and go to work instead!

Ahhhhh my pram just arrived :) :) sooo excited! It is HUGE - 4 boxes! Eeeeeek! Must resist urge to open it all and go to work instead!

Which pram did you get in the end Colettey? I bet you cant wait to see it all up and useable. Ours arrived in the morning just as we were doing the school run - I rushed home afterwards and put it all together :D Its now sat in the nursery waiting to be used (and yes, I occasionally push it around just for fun!).

x

It is nice to be on the home straight! Looking forward to both baby and Summer being here.

I like OBEM, does it start tonight then? I'm a bit behind with tele generally... I've done it all before so not really nervous about the birth. Just a bit disappointed that I won't be allowed in the birthing centre :(

Yup is tonight Buggy at 9pm :)

Pismo I got the Stokke Crusi, in a dark grey. I can't believe how much room it is taking up in my hall eeek! Haha i managed to leave without playing with it but really can't wait to get home and have a shot hehe! I messaged my husband to tell him how excited I was and he asked if he should pick up a doll on the way home so that I can do proper play time haha - cheeky bugger!

Well ladies had my hosp appt, I can confirm the anti d injection is in the arm so you can keep your bums to yourselves lol. Got to see baby, its transverse at mo but hoping that will change. Talked about vbac so all being well next time thats what im going for fx! Also have an infection which I suspected any way, always running to loo. Got antibiotics so will be starting them. Now off to physio appt, going to be exhausted tonight zzzzz! X

Glad you got all that sorted Heres Hoping, an injection in the bum is awful (always sounds like piercing leather to me!) Did they give you any advice on positions to get baby moving into the right place or is it just a waiting game to see if LO move in their own?

Buggy - Also sad I cant make use of birthing centres :( they seem so much more laid back! I have opted for midwifery led care (previous c-sec) and hoping those pesky Drs stay away unless we need them :D

x

LOL @ Here's hoping - so glad i can keep my bum tucked away for another day! How was the injection tho? I imagine a big goopy mixture in an old fashion syringe - i have really built it up to be a bit of a demon! What arm did you have it in? Am unsure whether to go for right or left - as i am right handed but mostly sleeping on left side.

Talking about bums - mine is randomly a bit sore! So... the lower section, almost inbetween my thighs, feels like a really sore muscular pain when i walk. I googled and think might be PGP :(. I am falling apart right now! Can anyone relate or am I just a bit weird?

You can get a 'posterior' pelvic pain which effects your bum and thighs, I've had it on and off, it's most unpleasant.

Off work this week which is great as I am gutting the house and getting a start on the nursery (well...my aunt is the poor soul that's doing all the painting, but I made her lunch..lol).

Anyone getting sore legs during the night? I wake up every morning just now feeling like someone has hit them with a hammer while I was sleeping. It's hellish! Goes away once I'm up and about though!

Looking forward to new OBEM tonight!

I think I'm fairly lucky so far - Only pain I have at the moment is lower back pain and I think its down to an injury sustained at the gym about a year ago picking up my bottle of water (of all things!) its get aggravated by my 14hour shift pattern a the amount of manual handling I have to do at the moment.

Anyone else babies changed their movement routine recently - Baby didn't move at once during the night and up until 9am, was going to ring the midwife, until he went a little crazy.

x

Pismo, our lil one has. Was always active in evenings, late night, and first thing in morning, last 3 days it's been the opposite all through the day on and off and hardly anything at night. I've been nervous but getting my head around new kicking routine. x

I get lower back pain, restless leg syndrome in the evenings (although thankfully seems ok when I'm in bed), and a lot of pelvic pain, I'm hobbling about like a granny half the time :(

I really enjoyed my first pregnancy but I've not enjoyed this one, hardly at all, what with the bleeding and the aches and pains!

Pismo, our lil one has. Was always active in evenings, late night, and first thing in morning, last 3 days it's been the opposite all through the day on and off and hardly anything at night. I've been nervous but getting my head around new kicking routine. x

Huge sigh of relief! That sounds exactly like what is happening with this LO. Its just so odd - Wonder what makes them change their routine.

x

Huge sigh of relief! That sounds exactly like what is happening with this LO. Its just so odd - Wonder what makes them change their routine.

x

It felt like our lil one was kicking all day and most of night one day last week so whether they got tired and went out of sync, glad it's not just me x

I'm looking forward to OBEM too. OH didn't want me to watch it but he'll be on nights so tough! I'm not scared about the birth Though.
I've done a hypnobirthing course and its been amazing! Has anyone else done this?

Glad you got all that sorted Heres Hoping, an injection in the bum is awful (always sounds like piercing leather to me!) Did they give you any advice on positions to get baby moving into the right place or is it just a waiting game to see if LO move in their own?

Buggy - Also sad I cant make use of birthing centres :( they seem so much more laid back! I have opted for midwifery led care (previous c-sec) and hoping those pesky Drs stay away unless we need them :D

x

I deliberately didnt look at the syringe lol. It was ok, just bit stingy. I picked the arm and stupidly went with left which is what I sleep on. Its not sore though, only to the touch.
No advice on baby positions, just wait and see. My last one was a breech section so im praying this baby will be more co operative.

Had day from hell and an extremely grumpy toddler...grrr!! Roll on bed time, hope I stay awake for obem lol x

Oh my god. I was trying on new maternity clothes I got delivered today and got the shock of my life. My bump now looks hugeeeee! I duno if its just changed cos baby is lying transverse or if ive just exploded recently, but it looks high, v round and just massive for only 28weeks! Never noticed until today when I was having a proper look at myself in mirror, but have been feeling as if my skin is really tight and taught for a few days now. And this is after previous concerns of weight loss. Anyone else noticed a change in their bumps? Lying on sofa now feeling like a whale lol x

I said the exact same to my husband last night. Feel like baby has had a huge growth spurt in last week or so. I suddenly feel a lot bigger! Might explain the sudden onset of pelvis pain for me :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back