*July 2018 Mummies*

On the up side you look fab! Hopefully not long for your little one xx

Lovely bump malagueta!how are you now?

Anyone else having any babies?

And how are the mummies? How's that latch shanivy? And the reflux GG?

All is well here, we had two rough nights but thankfully last night was good again babu has definitely had a growth spurt the last few days, she's thriving and so alert. DD1 is doing loads better now to. She's calmed down and is better with sharing me. I think I've calmed down a lot to which helps. I feel so different this time to how I did when dd was born, my house is just a ray of sunshine and love this time. I really wish I'd taken DD1 to see a chiropractor after her birth as I really do think she had pain from the ventouse delivery. I'm now annoyed that the hv just put her constant crying down to colic and "being a baby".

Hope you are all well

Lovely bump malagueta!how are you now?

Anyone else having any babies?

And how are the mummies? How's that latch shanivy? And the reflux GG?

All is well here, we had two rough nights but thankfully last night was good again babu has definitely had a growth spurt the last few days, she's thriving and so alert. DD1 is doing loads better now to. She's calmed down and is better with sharing me. I think I've calmed down a lot to which helps. I feel so different this time to how I did when dd was born, my house is just a ray of sunshine and love this time. I really wish I'd taken DD1 to see a chiropractor after her birth as I really do think she had pain from the ventouse delivery. I'm now annoyed that the hv just put her constant crying down to colic and "being a baby".

Hope you are all well

Hi Shep.

I keep forgetting to check in here. Reflux is better thanks and I am giving him Gaviscon every few feeds now which is improving things bless him.
He's now cluster feeding at night though and I haven't managed to have a nap yet today. 2 fucking hours ago Ibwas told a parcel was 10 minutes away so I've not gone to sleep. Two fucking hours that Kieran has slept and I haven't. I am pissed off...which, on 90 minutes sleep last night is not good, lol.

How are you doing?

GG... My god it's hard having 2 so close. But be nice when they're older. Sorry kierans in pain, sounds like reflux. Drs probably give you baby gaviscon. Didn't work for us we switched to a special formula. Are you using a prep machine?
I think I'm in my fertile phase (loads of ewcm, pain in hip). My husband isn't coming near meee. We have dtd last week but with protection.
Sorry everyones having problems with feeding. Why not try exclusively pumping? Way easier and much quicker.

PB I know this post is from ages ago now but I've only just logged on and catching up. How many days/weeks PP did you dtd? Also I'm still bleeding but it's turning into brown stringy discharge now so I'm wondering if my cycles are starting again! I'm 17 days PP and I so wanna dtd but I don't know if its too soon

Hi all

GG I'm glad the gaviscon has been working, I hope he's still doing okay. And I hope you've been managing a bit more sleep

Jem it's recommended that you don't dtd until your bleeding has stopped completely due to the risk of infection. Good on you for wanting to so soon though. I'm just starting to feel that I'd like to but I'm not rushing myself. I did it at 4 weeks pp last time and it hurt, was just too soon so waiting the full 6 weeks this time

Hope everyone else is well, last week of July so I'm guessing more babies have been born

All is well here, we've had a couple of rough nights as we've all had cold, poor baby was so stuffed up. Thankfully she was bk to 3h blocks of sleep last night. She's just a gem, she's been unsettled with her cold but still so good. Getting her weighed this week and I bet she's put loads on. BF still going really well, I'm trying my best to drink lots but I need to try harder, I'm so constipated, everything is going into the milk making and I'm getting uncomfortable.

I hope everyone is well

Last edited:
Not been on in a while as baby girl was born happy and healthy on 19 July weighing 8lb 4oz.

We're back at home now and doing well. It's still not quite sunk in with me and hubby that this little thing is ours!

Not been on in a while as baby girl was born happy and healthy on 19 July weighing 8lb 4oz.

We're back at home now and doing well. It's still not quite sunk in with me and hubby that this little thing is ours!

You'll be like that for at least two weeks. It took easily that long for my brain to compute that Kieran was real and we didn't have to give him back, lol.

Huge congratulations to you xx

GG... My god it's hard having 2 so close. But be nice when they're older. Sorry kierans in pain, sounds like reflux. Drs probably give you baby gaviscon. Didn't work for us we switched to a special formula. Are you using a prep machine?
I think I'm in my fertile phase (loads of ewcm, pain in hip). My husband isn't coming near meee. We have dtd last week but with protection.
Sorry everyones having problems with feeding. Why not try exclusively pumping? Way easier and much quicker.

PB I know this post is from ages ago now but I've only just logged on and catching up. How many days/weeks PP did you dtd? Also I'm still bleeding but it's turning into brown stringy discharge now so I'm wondering if my cycles are starting again! I'm 17 days PP and I so wanna dtd but I don't know if its too soon

I was just over 4wpp but we took it slow, my.bleeding was gone x

Unsubscribed again :roll: How is everyone?

Shep hope baby is doing better now. Colds and newborns are the worst mix. Still struggling with feeding. Think I'm almost done to be honest. Trying to up my supply expressing as it's dwindling a little with the struggling we're having. Supplementing bottles isn't making it easier. Weight is 9lb 2oz now but I'd say that's more from the expressing than actually breastfeeding. Starting to feel very down about it all. The last few days have been seriously rough, in a bit of a fog at the minute xx

PP sex. Ugh no. I'm still bleeding here. It goes away and comes back red so will be a few more weeks for me I expect.

If you’re breastfeeding you’ll bleed for longer. Think I bled for 6 weeks after my first as was exclusively bf! Also had episiotomy so it was no to sex for a while lol

Last edited:
Hi shanivy, I'm so sorry youve not got the feeding sorted, are you still seeing a breastfeeding support worker? Of you're feeling "in a fog" please make sure you talk to someone. How are things aside from the feeding?

All is well here, baby is 10lb 2oz now, thankfully her cold didn't last long. The heat has her a little unsettled but she's sleeping really well, two 3 hour stints on a night time and then she's up for a bit before going back down for another three hour sleep but usually that crosses over when dd wakes so I only get to sleep for an hour or so of the last block.

I'm the same as you re bleeding; I can go all day with nothing then I get a very small red bit come through. It's just annoying as it's nothing really but I still feel like I need to wear something in my knickers. Couldn't be bothered to have sex anyway as she generally cluster feeds 6-10. I'm also such a sweaty mess I don't feel sexy

Hope everyone is well

Shep how are you all today? 10lb 2oz what a fab weight gain! You must be doing so well. I know what you mean about the cross over, it's a lot different having to get up with another child and not be able to sleep when baby sleeps. I'm exhausted tbh. Still not in a real routine here, 2 weeks ish to go before nursery starts again omg how will I cope lol. Is dd1 starting nursery full time this year?

Was seeing a bf councillor but only get 14 days really before I'm signed off wth midwife. So haven't seen them in 2 weeks, just phone calls which is fucking pointless. Have breastfeeding clinic tomorrow but worrying my milk supply is going down and I can't figure out how to fix it, nothing seems to work. I think I may be admitting defeat tomorrow. I'm gutted to be honest, nobody seems to understand why I'm so gutted too. I just look at her and feel like I'm failing her. She's such a wonderful baby and im trying to stay in a positive head space for her.

Ivy is playing up majorly still though. Taking her to the cinema next week just us for incredibles 2. Hoping some mummy daughter time does us both good. Feel like I spend so much time telling her off lately for one thing or any other, attitude mainly. How is dd1 been?

Bleeding here is driving me nuts. Had some more fresh red this morning, it just won't quit. Still wearing pads here just in case. Already been caught out. I wish it would hurry up and disappear! No sex anytime soon for us, or perhaps ever again. lol I feel like crap these days! Thankfully the heat had disappeared today which is wonderful! Xx

Last edited:
Shep great weight, well done mummy!! How is DD1 doing? Did you manage to establish a routine? I am especially curious about bed time routine - my biggest worry!!

Shan you have been doing so well! How come the supply is dropping? Is there anything you can do to give it a boost?
I also feel like I am constantly telling DD1 off and I hate it!!
No routine here as such, my mum and aunt are still here so I have a constant help which is nice but from next Monday onwards it is just me and the girls and I am terrified tbh.

Hubby keeps mentioning baby no 3 and I am like NO FREAKING WAY... NO... NEVER. Honestly I hope he is joking.

KHTW OH went back to work last week. It's hard!! This week he's working 12 hour shifts from 6-6 to cover someone because he got a pay rise and we could use the overtime. I'm dreading it to be honest. Last we he wasn't home until 10.30pm and it was so hard doing tea and Ivy's bath/bed. She's going to bed at like 9/10 ugh I need to get routine back asap!!

As for breastfeeding I have no idea, we're so hit and miss. I'm giving it another week and if supply is still too low I'm done
Changed my mind on no 3 here hahaxx

Hi girls

How was the breastfeeding support group shanivy?

I'm really lucky and I hate to seem like I'm bragging but baby has just nicely fallen into our normal routine. I'm lucky that she'll sit in a bouncy chair to. DD1 isn't bathed every night as it's not good for her eczema but on bath nights baby just sits and watches. Also lucky that husband is usually in at 6pm so helps with bedtime. Usually I'm feeding baby and reading DD1 a story and then he puts DD1 to bed.

DD1 has been great. That first week or so was horrible but she's been great since. She's very patient. If we're out and about and I take some snap cards and she'll happily play snap or memory games with me while I feed baby. She's only go to nursery for 15hours in Sept as I felt guilty putting her in for 30 when baby and I are just at home. Will maybe up it at easter time in prep for school

Good luck for your first days on your own khtw. They were definitely my worst days but honestly now I feel like the whole thing has been a breeze. I know that could still change. How are your babies sleeping? And do they have much awake time during the day yet?

Breastfeeding support group was cancelled because someone was off. HV phoned to see how I got on and she was furious, said there are others could have seen me. But whatever. . I can't believe Im saying it, but my health visitor is lovely. For once, maybe it's becuase she's young. She's been such a help trying to sort me out with the breastfeeding.

We've actually got on okay today with feeding. I've had to give her one bottle because I felt id not given her enough milk and had run out. But it was expressed milk from last night. And I've managed to feed her since, proper feeds where she was falling asleep on me and falling off full, not grabbing at me trying to get more... so my fingers are crossed my supply is sorting itself out.

Shep I'm glad baby is in a routine, at least it's proof it can be done lol. You don't sound like bragging, I'm sure I must sound like Debbie downer lol. Amelia is still sleeping way too much during the day and I know it. I'm going to try harder this week to get bedtime sorted a bit better. She slept okay last night though. i reckon she'll be fine once I sort daytime out. Aw do you think you'll stuggle with dd going off to nursery?

As to Ivy ugh where to start. She's generally fabulous with the baby. But it's just attitude I'm dealing with right now. Anything to do with baby and she's there helping me and I think I need to step back and calm down a little with her. I know it's still hard for her and it's only been a month after four 1/2 years just us.

She let me take a million photos last night if her and baby though, this is the one she's wants in her room. She really is a fab sister which makes me so happy as that's the image I had in my head.

Last edited:
Another cute pic Shan, it will look lovely on the wall x

Thanks Shep, I am dreading these first days alone but it just has to be done. I hope DD1 will take OK to having her sister in the room during bedtime. And most importantly I hope DD2 doesn't scream blue murder...

Any of you ladies been using a wrap? Baby carrier? I need to have a look at my close caboo... May practice tonight with DD1 doll x

Oh Shanivy what a lovely picture.
How are you feeling today?

Khtw I've had my caboo out a couple of times but tbh until now it's been too hot to use it. I used it when dd was about a week old but it might have been too soon has my hips and lower back hurt. Hopefully it'll be better next time I try. I've got a friend of a friend trained in slings so I might get her to check the position

Baby has a smell of cradle cap about her and I think she might have it on her eyebrows, any ideas what I can use on eyebrows?

Got my 6 week check a week today, I'm nervous, tmi but I had a look down there at 2 weeks pp and think there was a cystocele (I've probably spelt that wrong), I've been too scared to look since, I'm hoping it'll have gone but from what I've read they don't. It's not huge or anything but I just want to be normal again

KHTW I tried that wrap that came with the baby box but me and oh almost killed each other trying to figure it out. Was so hot and sweating and that was before we tried to put Amelia in lol. Need to find something else though, Id also like to babywear for the nursery run. 2more weeks eek! Will be fun getting us all up for that! And I'm sure you'll do fine with them both in your own Xx

Shep thank im feeling okay. Full day of feeding so that's good. Baby had bad gas today and was struggling so I ended up taking her into the bath with me and it worked. I'm really trying to stay positive and keep with it

Let us know how your check goes, I hope it goes okay. They really don't tell you this stuff before you get pregnant.

Have you tried rubbing a little coconut oil on dds eyebrows ? Xx

Shep I hope your appointment goes well and you are back to old self in no time!
I would also say coconut oil or any other oily baby product.

Baby wearing sounds good, I wonder how practical it is. Will have to try, just can't be bothered lol it's not easy. YouTube will be my tutor for tonight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back