*July 2018 Mummies*

It's funny I remember when dd came home the hv told me to act normal and make all the usual noises but at that time our home was generally quiet. I'd never been one for day time tv or anything so there wasn't loads of noise

This time our home is a mad house but baby sleeps through it. Unless dd suddenly drops something hard or bounces onto the couch and gets in baby's face

Aw GG Sorry about the reflux, it's awful when they are in pain

Hv has been, thankfully she didn't stay long. Baby has put on 1lb2oz in 13 days! I knew she was bigger but wasn't expecting that. She's had a good sleep this morning so I've done loads of admin, booked my app to register her birth and filled out my child benefit forms.

GG I'm thread crashing to say that when I gave up dairy and soy, it solved my boy's awful colic/reflux. If you're breastfeeding, that might be the culprit. Our doctor said up to 80% of colic/reflux cases are solved when mom gives up dairy and soy. My son outgrew that intolerance by the time he was 1 so it's not a lifelong issue. I am so sorry your sweet Kieran is suffering. It is the worst when your baby is so miserable. I hope he finds relief soon!

Congratulations to all you mamas - and to those of you who just had your second, I applaud you. Going from 1 to 2 was by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. And then it turned into the best most wonderful thing ever. Which is why I am still going, ha! But really - going from 2-3 was a piece of cake compared to going from 1-2. It's so hard now, but it gets SO WONDERFUL before you know it. Thinking of all you wonderful mamas!

Kholl thanks hun, have to say it is pretty wonderful having two girls... inside from the feeding issues, mum guilt for not spending enough time with my eldest lately and needing some more hours in the day lol. I was worried about not loving another baby like I love my first. But sure enough it just happened the minute I saw her and I can suddenly see how people want three, four, five kids lol xx

GG... My god it's hard having 2 so close. But be nice when they're older. Sorry kierans in pain, sounds like reflux. Drs probably give you baby gaviscon. Didn't work for us we switched to a special formula. Are you using a prep machine?
I think I'm in my fertile phase (loads of ewcm, pain in hip). My husband isn't coming near meee. We have dtd last week but with protection.
Sorry everyones having problems with feeding. Why not try exclusively pumping? Way easier and much quicker.

Oh god fertile phase. I'm hoping I don't see a period for a good few months! You ease yourself back into that wine now this time haha. Xx

Urgh peanut butter I'd be gutted if I got my period so soon. I want at least 5 months.. stay away from your oh lol emotionally I'd love to be intimate with my husband but I know I need to wait

I've been trying to eat low dairy. My Dd had such bad colic and while baby isn't showing signs I want to reduce the chances. It's tough though I usually drink so much milk.

Last edited:
GG... My god it's hard having 2 so close. But be nice when they're older. Sorry kierans in pain, sounds like reflux. Drs probably give you baby gaviscon. Didn't work for us we switched to a special formula. Are you using a prep machine?
I think I'm in my fertile phase (loads of ewcm, pain in hip). My husband isn't coming near meee. We have dtd last week but with protection.
Sorry everyones having problems with feeding. Why not try exclusively pumping? Way easier and much quicker.

Yes, they gave baby gaviscon but we're not going to use it unless he gets significantly worse as doing the feeds upright and keeping upright for 40 minutes after feeds is working quite well and I don't want him to get constipated bless him. Definitely reflux love him. X

Amelia's weight is up from 7lb 9oz (last week? Honestly can't remember when she was last weighed. Took me a minute to figure what day it was. I miss sleeping..) to 7lb 13oz. So I'm not starving her despite the struggling. I said if she'd lost I'd be quitting. So think I'm going to try another week see if we can solve the latching issues for good

Hope everyone is well and babies are behaving

Any more babies on the way?

Last edited:
You're clearly doing something right Shan. Well done.

I was at the doctors again today and hallelujah, a UTI fiiiiinally showed up on the third test I've done in two weeks. I'm so happy there's an explanation now for the pain I could cry. I'm not sure how it didn't show up the first and second time but hey ho. So some treatment this weekend before going back with another urine sample on Monday morning to make sure it's gone.

Due date on Tuesday and no sign of this little lady showing up any time soon.

Goodness Mala that's a long time to get a diagnosis. Glad you finally figured it out and got treatment before baby comes! Hopefully not long now, these babies aren't in a hurry at all xx

KHTW, I'm still stalking you! Huge congratulations<3 Maya is a beautiful name. I remember the piles after having DD were horrendous! I think I went through a whole tube of pile cream in a week lol! Take care of yourself and enjoy your girlies<3
xx

KHTW, I'm still stalking you! Huge congratulations<3 Maya is a beautiful name. I remember the piles after having DD were horrendous! I think I went through a whole tube of pile cream in a week lol! Take care of yourself and enjoy your girlies<3
xx

Thank you so much xx

Yeah having piles sucks so much... Hopefully few more days and they will shrink x

How is everyone? Anymore babies yet? How are the babies that are here?

Mixed day for me today, had a great 3 mile walk with baby this morning, felt so good for it. Also felt good because my hemmeroid had shrunk slightly although I still think I'll need suppositories

Had our first trip to the shopping centre this afternoon where the good mood turned, the kids were great but we were there to find me a dress for a family christening next weekend and God trying to find one was soul destroying. I weighed myself the other day and I'm only 4kg heavier then prepregnancy but I hate my current shape, Im so top heavy I feel awful I couldn't find anything suitable, big boobs just don't suit me

Baby is doing great though, still feeding well, I think she's having a growth spurt and so far she's been sleeping really well, I'm only up twice a night which is so good compared to DD1 who just wouldn't sleep. Don't get me wrong I'd never expect a little baby to sleep through but the hourly wake ups with DD1 were awful. I love having two, DD1 is doing so well and if I didn't know it was impossible I'd think DD2 was smiling at her big sister already

Last edited:
Shep well done firstly on taking two kids to the shopping centre. Was that your first trip out properly? Going to Asda tomorrow and dreading it lol.So far oh has done all the shopping. Still struggling with latching and I'm so nervous I'll need to feed while I'm there and won't manage. Trying to time it right but you know what breastfeeding is like. I sound crazy haha. Also a three mile walk is amazing!

I know how you feel about the dress. Have a family (unavoidable) party in August and no idea what to buy or wear. Lost a stone pregnant but my shape has changed and I feel so uncomfortable with how I look. I hope you find something. I'm going to try and find a nice button down midi dress I think, hide all the lumps and easy feeding access. Finding it though is another story. I hope you find something hun. Give youself a break though, you just made a baby and are successfully feeding her with those boobs!

Ah god also tomorrow is my last day with OH off work. Monday we will be just the three of us. God knows how that going to go, feeding takes so much time still. Have a hospital appointment Monday for Amelia's jaundice check, plus lactation consultant to check for posterior tongue tie, tip tie etc and generally trying to figure this latch out. She's still got a shallow latch and still slips down and pinches my nipples every feed, so needs to be taken off and corrected. Honestly this is taking over my life it feels like. Xx

Shanivy you really are doing do well to keep going with the breast feeding, you know I'm mega pro breastfeeding but in honesty I might have given up in your shoes! You're amazing. Does your asda have a cafe? If she needs feeding don't stress just grab a drink and chill for a bit. I took my engagement ring to the jeweller yesterday to get cleaned, when I went to pick it up they said it would still be 5 mins, baby was screaming and I was starting to sweat but they were so canny with me, I sat and fed in the posh jewellers while a member of staff did some colouring with dd.

I swear if I had a tenner for every time someone had asked me when im trying for baby 3 since dd2's birth I could have bought something very nice in the jewellers yesterday. I'm really missing my big bump but I love the fact I can say I'm done having kids but no one seems to believe me! Husband has agreed to see his gp for the snip when baby is 6months old though which is good

Baby had an amazing sleep last night 1030-230 then 330-630 and she's sleeping again now, if there is a God please please keep this up!

Sorry I have read everything but I forget when it's time to reply lol

Shep, I was watching that GP behind closed doors not long ago... And there was a man that wanted the snip and the Dr said they only do it now if the woman has tried every form of contraceptive and doesn't get on with it. Obviously i only seen it on there soon idk how true it is. My hubby has said no the snip forever lol.

When can I go on the pill? I'm.not pumping or BFing anymore.. But we used the pull out method the other day. Oops haha.. We both hate condoms so just wanna go on it now :/

Ugh our first outing to asda we had them both screaming at the tills loada of fun.

Glad baby is sleeping well Shep hopefully it carries on !

Shep thank you. I'm very close to my limit I think, but I've told myself to see what the hospital say Monday. Had a super hungry baby last night alll night and I ended up giving her formula because I just couldn't keep up. Mad at myself now because every bottle defeats the purpose of sorting out this latch.

Oh they took the cafe away lol so I'll be stuck in the baby changing lol. I'm all for feeding in public, but with the issues we're still having I'm not ready to do it in public myself yet. I'm still nervous over an Asda trip ha ridiculous! My fx are crossed for baby to keep sleeping so well! How is dd1 doing? Ivy is playing up so bad lately! Xx

PB omg thanks for that Asda story I feel soooo much calmer haha. You're mad pulling out, you'll have baby number 3 in no time!!! I'm sure you can take the pill from 6 weeks? No idea what I'm doing for contraceptives yet. Not a fan of condoms ourselves (not to mention the fking price) but the pill played such havoc with my cycles ttc Amelia. Plus it makes me a little nutty ugh xx

Last edited:
Shan, you need sleep, so don't feel bad for giving a bottle, your doing great!!
Oh how annoying the cafes gone! Have you been yet?

Haha, babies cry people need to understand that, it's just annoying when people try to touch them while shopping like fk of ya germy **** lmfao.
I had the implant when I was 16 for 3 months but made me.crazy and bleed none stop. Never had anything else... I didn't want anything hormonal but I don't want another baby so close in age cos it will happen if I don't. Apparently the hormonal coil is meant to be amazing but I'm still thinking about it. X

How did asda go shanivy?

Little disappointed you've said that re a vasectomy PB but tbh wed probably pay to go private. I don't get on with the pill, I loved the copper coil once but had loads of problems with my last one and the hormonal coil can reduce milk supply. I had some big issues before trying for baby two so not messing my body up

Ha went to Iceland instead since it was closer- 15 minute walk. Thought "we'll all walk down, it's a nice day, it will be nice and I'll have them deliver" Fed Amelia and literally left the minute she was fed and changed. She lasted about an hour then cried allll the way home. Sweat pouring off me trying to get her back for another feed because actually turns out it was NOT a nice day. It looked nice but was actually like a tropical jungle out there.

I ended up taking her out of the pram five minutes away from home and carrying her, while she's dribbling allll over my boobs trying to latch through my top :wall: :wall: :wall: So yeah was successful haha

We had big issues trying for baby no 2 as well, all the fault of the pill and me not ovulating for months after, then it was sporadic. It's part of the reason I don't want any more hormonal contraceptives. Shame because they help my periods go regular, light and easy to deal with...OH would rather die than get the snip, and tbh we're wondering if we want a third. I don't want a coil so what else is there left? A man pill would be great!

Last edited:
Due date today! Aaaaaand nothing. Sigh. Hospital appointment tomorrow for monitoring and to see what they say.

Hopefully the last belly pic I'll have to take.

Attachments

• IMG_20180717_103320_344.jpg
    IMG_20180717_103320_344.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member