*July 2018 Mummies*

Shepherdess

Reaction score
Welcome to the July 2018 Mummies thread

I can't believe how quickly this has come around, personally I have been in denial about it all week, I cant believe its Tri 3. Due dates are below, if anyone would like to join us please DM me and I'll add you. Enjoy the last few months ladies

Due dates

2nd July -Shepherdess :pink: Enya5589 :blue:

4th July -Shanivy :pink: GG :yellow:

5th July -KHTW :pink:

7th July -JemRose :blue: PeanutButter :blue:

9th July -Amy207 :pink: Fela :pink:

10th July -MrsLK2017 :yellow: Katybaby87 :yellow:

12th July-KMc86 :pink:

13th July -flowerbomb :blue: Mamato3 :blue:

17th July -malagueta :pink:

21st July -sarah1986 :blue:

23rd July -RM1979 :yellow:

25th July -JaneyJan :blue: LuckyLaura :pink:

26th July - Turn 18 :pink:

27th July -Amy_Louise :yellow:

Last edited:
Eeeeeek this is so exciting!!!!! One more week for me! :dance:

Thank you for opening the thread xx

Last edited:
Omg, this has made me panic. 2 babies how am i gonna copeee

Omg I just saw that our tri 3 is up how crazy!! Feels like yesterday we joined tri 1. It's going to be so weird seeing all your little babies lol xx

Last edited:
Well I may as well try and kick the thread off a bit. Currently sitting getting some lovely movement and kicks. Baby has turned into a more head down position today; she's been pretty transverse/bum down until today. Once when I was like 20 weeks I sat and watched my tummy move but it didn't really happen again until tonight. I'd forgotten how nice it is

Think it'll be a quiet easter weekend for me, husband is super busy lambing and the weather forecast is miserable so I think DD and I will decorate some hard boiled eggs and maybe bake. As DD isn't in nursery or school full time I still have the luxury of being able to go places during the week so I highly doubt I'll force myself to go somewhere kid friendly this weekend when everything indoors will be packed

Have a lovely easter ladies

Sounds like a lovely relaxing Easter plan Shep. We're doing the swimming on Sunday. Going early as we can to try and beat the mob. Due for rain here so I reckon everyone will pile into the swimming pool. I bought an Easter egg hunt set from Aldi but probably end up having to do it indoors too. This flipping weather I swear! Have a lovely Easter everyone :)

As to movements, baby is still all over the place for me. I get a lot on each side like she's sideways, then she wedges her feet in the top left corner of my bump a lot, which is starting to get uncomfortable. I hope it's not a habit :/ She's constantly moving but haven't really caught anything major lately until this morning. I do love seeing the big rolls and turns up against my bump more than the kicks. OH missed it all as usual lol but did get a little on video before she stopped. I didn't really have anything like it with dd

This may sound weird but I feel a lot more bonded and love for this baby than I did with dd when I was pregnant with her. I'm sure it's because now I've had Dd and i know what it feels like to have that insane love for your child already. With her I don't think I really felt anything like it until I held her. That sounds awful doesn't it? Xx

No Shanivy that isn't awful I get it and feel similar. I think it also helps that I know the gender this time and I was so much hoping for another girl whereas last time I loved having a surprise but it didn't bother me either way what I was having

Everyday I imagine those first moments where she's passed to me after the birth and while you can try and imagine that with your first you really don't know what it's like at all. The amazing rush of love, I can't wait to meet her

I've had another poor nights sleep. I'm so snotty and then baby was kicking loads. Tmi but I must also have lots of snot dripping down my throat as my reflux is bad to. Sorry to moan

if you can't moan in 3rd tri thread when can you? I had that snot throats thing with my sinus infection it's awful I hope you feel better soon hun. This is probably tmi but the doctor told me to to try and force it upwards and out my nose I was just like :/ Not much sleep here either. Overdid it in town and my hips are so bad. Plus we got a call at 4am to come get dd. Not going to lie though I did sleep better once she came around home lol

I'm glad you get what I meant . I've only just started imagining the baby and it's true now I imagine how it was with dd and how it will be the same. It so close I can't believe it xx

Aw sorry you didn't get much sleep but I'm glad DD managed most of the night there.

I'm so tired today, DD has been fab though and played nicely before watching a dvd, ive got the vat return done and I've done my Maternity allowence application. She's napping now but when she wakes I'm hoping she'll help me clean the windows. She loves having jobs to do

Husband felt baby for the first time today but he was going to deny it. I grabbed his hand and put it on and said "you must feel that" he shook his head, she kicked again and I saw him smirk so I asked again and he tried to shake his head but he knew I'd seen him smile. He thinks hes hilarious. I asked how long he'd been able to feel for and if he'd just been lying for weeks, his reply "there's something alive inside you, it's weird and I don't know how you cope with that much movement all day long"

Last edited:
Oh Shepherdess I remember you from the babies and toddler page after we had our DD'S. Congratulations on DD2! Lovely news

I've had three braxton hicks today. Is it you early? First one I wasn't really sure what it was I didn't recognise the sensation, third one, about 5 mins ago really knocked me, had to stand still for a minute. Don't remember them this early last time but maybe it's like most things and you can get them earlier second pregnancies. I need to Google

Haha at least he's feeling her, OH says the same kind of thing about how the baby feels inside me. Glad you had a productive day. Tired here too. Did dd help you clean in the end? Dd likes to do cleaning too lol it's a godsend right now haha

Had to take a trip to the chemist today. Ivy had red eyes yesterday and I saw it straight away in my mils when we came home. But I thought maybe she had gotten something inside then as she was doing arts and crafts so I rinsed them etc. But she woke this morning the same and chemist said it's likely viral conjunctivitis though so no swimming for us tomorrow! It's a first for her. Little bit of a temp but otherwise she's fine. So we'll probably be baking too tomorrow now. One thing after another...

Braxton hicks hm. I think I've had a few. And I definitely didn't have them this early with dd. I did ask midwife at last appointment and she said now it's possible. And that they do and can happen earlier 2nd time. She said "As long as they don't get too painful or more than 5 a hour it's okay" But maybe give yours a phone to make sure? Have you had any more since? Xx

Last edited:
Aw poor Ivy are her eyes hurting? Definitely worth avoiding the pool. Baking will be nice for the two of you. It really is one thing after another for you guys

Yes DD helped with the cleaning, she washed a couple of the windows with me then got bored but was happy to clear her toys away while I did more windows. If it's marketed as "I've got an important job for you" she loves helping and told daddy she washed all the windows

No tbh I had one braxton hick much earlier then two close together this evening but that was it. Didn't worry me too much I just knew that I hadn't experienced them this early with DD. Google says that lots of mums experience them earlier second time

Haha awk at dd helping you. Good old blackmail/bribery or trickery. Mine right now is "can you help me and the baby do" As soon as she hears "the baby" she's in lol

DDs not too bad. Just had a lot of gunk in her eyes that freaks her out if it goes across her eye before I wipe them out. None of us have ever conjunctivitis before so I was like wtf where did this come from?! She's happy enough though. Baking isn't my strong point so OH will be roped in, he's strangely good at it lol.

Aw that's good, thought you meant you were having a lot of them. 2nd pregnancies are certainly interesting how everything happens differently, earlier or more aren't they?

Hope you have a nice Easter Sunday hun xx

Well I'm awake, and have been most of the night :'( between my cold and reflux I've just not been sleeping. When I finally did sleep my dear husband woke me to tell me I was snoring in his direction, that was 4ish and I've been awake since. I feel bad for him as his days are currently 5am-8/9pm but he really did wake a sleeping bear. The annoying thing is I told him I'd made the spare bed up for him in case my cold makes me snore but he didn't go to it. I can't as I want to be in the room next to DD and husband doesn't wake if she does

Had a lovely day with DD yesterday, we managed to have our egg hunt in the garden, we also spent some time decorating boiled eggs and looking after the pet lambs. Shanivy how did your baking go?

I've got my 28 week app this week. DD has been asking to go to the midwife for ages and she'll get to come this Thursday. Don't think I've much to discuss with her bar reminding her I need a swab for group b strep.

Hope you ladies have had a better night then me. Sorry for moaning, again. I can't wait for this cold to go.

Last edited:
Good morning!

Sorry you got a bad night of sleep, it is really hard to function when you get up tired. Maybe take DD for a little snooze this afternoon?
I would definitely ask MW about Braxton hicks. I have no experience so far but asking can't hurt especially if yours feel strong enough to stop you in your tracks. x

Shan, how is DD doing?? x

It is lovely to feel baby move so much. Like you Shan, I feel her kick sideways.

I ate so much chocolate this Easter... it should be illegal!!! x

Shep sorry you had a shitty night again. Fx this week passes quickly for you. I'd have been so mad at OH waking me up like that if you'd made a bed for him in your spare room! As super hard as his day is, it would have been so much better for you if he'd left you be and got up to the other room.

Lol baking went okay. Pretty basic stuff here, smartie cookies, mini egg chocolate nests etc. She loved it though so I guess that's all that matters. I'm ashamed to say I ate twice as many as dd and oh. Glad your Sunday went well for you and dd. We did our egg hunt in the house in the end lol. Xx

Nice to see you in tri 3 KHTW! Hope you had a nice Easter with dd!

Just posted in 2nd tri about my night with dd lol. She's okay today but last night was something else entirely. I could sleep on a bed of glass today! I hope I don't sound like a whine.

Shan, I hope you can manage a power nap today? Or if not, I would be in my bed at 8pm after the night you had! Hope DD sleeps better tonight x

I am very happy with myself... managed to get an almost new close caboo wrap for £15 and baby Purflo sleeping nest for £12 also like new !!

That's a great deal KH! I'd be pretty pleased if I were you too, they're both on my to buy list

No nap for me will be in bed the first chance I get! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back