*July 2018 Mummies*

My appointments not until next Wednesday, I'm just already so nervous for it.

I've tried a bit of coconut oil on the eyebrows. Not sure it'll work, I tried everything with dd when she had cradle cap, nothing worked until I started head and shoulders shampoo when she turned 2

What time are you ladies putting babies to bed at night? I usually take baby to bed with me at 9 but I've been wondering whether I should be trying earlier

There is a special shampoo I bought for DD1 but not sure if you can use it in eyebrows... Worth asking at a chemist.
Oh dear lord... Bedtime! I think they are still a bit to little to have a set time for their bed? DD2 goes to bed whenever her bedtime bottle is, could be 9 or 10 or anytime in between. But generally she will go to bed when I am ready to go x

Shep how's the coconut oil, did it help at all? I realised after i replied I'd misread your appointment time. I'm having some issues myself I think. Do you still feel there's a problem?

Bedtime...fuck. Well I've managed to get ivy back into her routine over the weekend. Thank goodness because she was getting so cheeky due to being tired. 8pm bedtime for her now, probably will go back to 7.30 when shes backs to nursery.

But Amelia is really not falling down until about 2.30...I just can't shift her forward any at all! Breastfeeding is going so so well now. I don't know why or how but we've seemingly turned a corner. But she seems to be feeding constantly from 11-2am. So we end up not getting to bed until after that. I'm wrecked.

Though we're being referred for suspected posterior tongue tie from the doctor so im just grateful shes feeding so well now at all, after everything. 10lb 2oz on Friday. OH is working 10-10 all week so I'm going to make an effort to at least try to sort the bedtime, Ivy's back to nursery in a week :wall: I'm a bit jealous of anyone with a better routine than me lol

Also bought a close caboo off facebay and went to try it and realised the wrap part wasn't there. The bit you tie on for support. Needless to say I wasn't very happy about it, the woman blocked me when I messaged her about it. But just ordered one today myself so im quite excited for it to come. My plan is to use it for nursery, I really hope she'll go in. She always wants held so I think she'll be okay. xx

Last edited:
So random but the breastfeeding app I have popped up a thing about cradle cap and Said eyebrows can be treated with 1% hydrocortisone cream 2x a day xx

Last edited:
Ah Shan, hope Amelia sorts her clock out soon. Had to be really obvious with night and day with Kieran, total darkness at night, no talking to him, no anything other than holding, feeding and burping. He still has the odd night thats endless though, but mostly he's in a routine of sorts.

Really interesting about the cradle cap. Kieran has had a very very mild case but seems to be almost gone now that his proper hairline is beginning to grow.

I think I'm on top of the cradle cap now, coconut oil didn't seem to make a massive difference so I just scrubbed gently with a warm cloth three times a day for a few days and it's about gone. GG I hope DS's is going, it's awful when there's a layer of cradle cap under thick hair

Shanivy well done with the breastfeeding! Great that you're doing so well with it now, sorry she's picked one of the worst times of day for cluster feeding though, hopefully that will calm down in a week or two. Mine still does a bit of cluster feeding between 4 and 6pm which has been ok but husband is going away down the country for a few nights buying sheep and I've already told him DD1 and I will be ordering curries as I'm not stressing myself trying to make dinner if baby wants to feed while he's not here

I'm happy for baby to come to bed with me at 9 so good to hear some of you are similar. The last two nights it's been hard to put her down as she's been giving me the biggest smiles and I just want to keep talking to her to keep her smiling. Crazy how quickly time is going, she's well and truly into 0-3 now and I want her to slow down this growing malarkey and stay little. I guess this will be a constant feeling her being my last baby

Last edited:
Morning ladies

Shep I never really said, but I do think 9 is fine right now for bed l. I'm glad you sorted cradle cap. It's so irritating! Amelia hasn't really had it. But she does have baby acne which I hate. I said to the doctor about it when I was there Friday about her reflux and tongue tie. And he said it's nothing other than the hormone spots still. So still just using cotton wool and water 3x day. I hope it clears up though. OH said it's only noticeable to me because Im obsessed over it but I doubt that. He just notices nothing :roll: Oh me and ivy have had takeaways a plenty while I've been trying to get the hang of the breastfeeding stuff. I feel a little guilty but it is what it is. Don't worry about it!

With you on the growing! I compared both their red books and Amelia is way ahead of where Ivy was, by a month! So to me she looks huge, she's in her 0-3 too. And after all that bad advice I gave everyone that 0-3 can last up to the 3 months :wall: Last baby here definitely now too. I feel like the newborn stage is gone already! Xx

GG aw I so wish that was us! I'm doing most of that. Bedtime bath, calm quite dark etc. It's just not working for me right now, she feeds, wakes herself up and wears me down..I can't help giving her cuddles etc lol. Maybe I need to be more strict with the bedtime routine. Last night was pretty good to be honest though for sleep. I feel human today xx

Last edited:
Great that you got the cradle cap sorted Shep. Kieran has baby acne as well, just been told he'll grow out of it.

Shan, glad you got a better night.

On the subject of growth, Kieran is only fitting in half of his 0-3 clothes and now mostly wears 3-6 clothes. It's bonkers. He'll be weighed on Thursday. I reckon he'll be nearly 13lb.

GG no way lol aw he's a big chunk!

I only bought up to 3-6 months this time thinking I'd get ages out of them. Will be baby shopping again soon I reckon. The amount kids cost in clothes is mad :roll: xx

GG no way lol aw he's a big chunk!

I only bought up to 3-6 months this time thinking I'd get ages out of them. Will be baby shopping again soon I reckon. The amount kids cost in clothes is mad :roll: xx

We've hardly bought any yet thankfully. People keep buying him clothes and we're not complaining, lol.

Had my 6 week check today. All went well, baby weighing 11lbs 3oz and doing great, she was so smiley for both the HV and Dr. I'm all good to, no cystocele thank god, tmi she said the vaginal walls were still a little loose but now that I'm getting back into exercise that will tone up fast, phew.

She's put me on cerazette, I really hate hormonal pills but have little choice right now until husband gets the snip. However I've come home read the leaflet and read some horror stories online and now I really don't want to take it. Dr recommended husband wait until baby is 3 months before seeing his gp re vasectomy so I'm going to try and persuade him to use condoms until then

Had my 6 week check today. All went well, baby weighing 11lbs 3oz and doing great, she was so smiley for both the HV and Dr. I'm all good to, no cystocele thank god, tmi she said the vaginal walls were still a little loose but now that I'm getting back into exercise that will tone up fast, phew.

She's put me on cerazette, I really hate hormonal pills but have little choice right now until husband gets the snip. However I've come home read the leaflet and read some horror stories online and now I really don't want to take it. Dr recommended husband wait until baby is 3 months before seeing his gp re vasectomy so I'm going to try and persuade him to use condoms until then

May be rookie question, but you have the baby...why does hubby need to wait until she's 3 months for the snip?

Lol GG I was wondering the same thing I'm confused.

Shep very glad your six week check went well. I'm positive things are just not as easy recovering down there pp after the second. Good news about baby too. Great weight, sounds like things are going smoothly for you all. Not a fan of the pill myself but no idea what we're going to do about contraception. I'm starting to feel the urge to want sex now again (Oh looked like he wanted to cry with happiness haha ) but waiting until my 6 week check anyway so I'll have to figure something out for then.

Not much else going on here. Ivy's attitude is slipping. I mean fuck me it's insane what a four year old can come out with! But she's been fab with her sister though so there's that.

Still breastfeeding, seems to be getting easier and easier,. Quite proud of myself for persevering through it to be honest. So glad I didn't give up now. Have been trying to feed her lying down all week but it's not the greatest. I have to hold my boob out of her nose. No matter the position it just seems to not work properly. Maybe they're too big, plus she doesn't want to lie on her side hat way ugh I don't know. Will keep trying xx

Last edited:
They are unlikely to refer for the snip so soon after birth as they don't want people making a rushed decision when they've potentially got a newborn screaming the house down and making life hard. Husband and I have always said two is enough but I can totally see why they get people to wait until the dust had settled.

We dtd last night for the first time we used a condom which in honesty I hate just as much as him. Was uncomfortable to begin with but I was nervous to. Glad we've got that first time out of the way

Shanivy well done you with the feeding. I'm so so glad it's getting easier for you. I'm pretty sure my baby has a posterior tongue tie. She clicks a lot when feeding but it doesn't actually bother her or me and she's gaining loads of weight. Today was the first time she had a proper scream (God knows why) and I'm pretty sure I could see it right under her tongue. I might mention it to hv just in case it may become when she's a bit bigger

Sorry that ivy is giving you grief, I'm sure the holidays and change in routine aren't helping there. Have you been managing to get out and about a bit?

Have you been using your sling much? This week I've used my caboo loads and love it now. So glad I bought it

Morning ladies.

Shep Ohhh that totally makes sense about the snip haha

Spoke too soon about the breastfeeding, think I maybe have thrush on one side? And. Of course it's the weekend! But can't see anything in baby's mouth so hoping if it is thrush I'll get it early? Ugh. As to the tongue tie, I'm still waiting on a referral but from what they've told me, it can possibly affect weaning and speech later on. So maybe worth mentioning to hv just in case? I think the front is easier to fix too. But they told me they only snip if it affects feeding and it's without any anaesthetic or pain relief until 8 months or so? I thought omg no

Ooh glad caboo is good for you! Planning on using the caboo today for the first time out going shopping. I've tried her in it in the house but don't think I've had her high enough so I'll get oh to help me once he's home. Still no sex here either lol I'm dreading the first time... it's so nerve wrecking. Scared that I'll feel my stitches. Is there anything worse than having pain from sex after childbirth? Plus I'm sure I'll ask oh if it feels "the same" :roll: Roll on next week to get this pp check over and done with

Not been out as much as I'd like tbh. I'm hoping once ivy is back at nursery and has more of her routine in place, her attitude will change. Fx lol. She's still a great big sister, she got Amelia's first real smile by singing to her last week, while I'd been trying all morning! She was delighted that she'd been able to do something for the first time and told everyone . How is DD1 getting on now with being a big sister? Xx

How's the thrush now Shanivy? Has breastfeeding been okay this weekend? I will mention possible tongue tie to hv but it's nit affecting feeding or hurting me so I doubt they'll do anything

DD1 has been doing great, she's beend hard work today but we've not left the house, not even for a walk because of the rain so I can't blame her for being restless. She's loves her sister, a bit too much, she always right up in her face and because baby is practicing with her head so much I worry they'll bang heads. Like yours baby saves her best smiles for her sister. Time is flying I can't believe they are smiling already and baby is already trying very hard to hold her head up. She loves tummy time which is obviously helping

How did you get on shopping with the caboo?

Don't rush the sex, there's no point. We did it, husband really wanted to go again next day but I wasn't ready which seems so silly after already doing it once. Luckily husband is very understanding

Breastfeeding has been fine, not sure its thrush now to be honest. Only painful on one side and baby has nothing in her mouth or anything. IVe an appointment tomorrow anyway so will ask. But I think maybe it's just something she's done to me with her latch issue..

Didn't get out in the caboo until today with the weather. Oh I love it. She slept the whole time I was out, waking for a feed inbetween. Fed her in public for the first time which was really nervewracking! I always said "oh I'll feed my baby if she's hungry, when I want and I don't care what people think bla bla" But actually when it came down to it I was nervous of people's reactions. Sat in a corner of a coffee shop and nobody really noticed anyway so it was fine lol. Going to buy some more proper breastfeeding tops and those covers for out and about now I'm definitely managing breastfeeding...Do you bf in public?

Dd sounds adorable with her sister, I'm so glad it's all going so well for you all. I know we were both nervous about how they would be, silly now really. Hope she got out today.

I think Ivy is just going through a phase right now. Hopefully a short one :roll: we're going to see incredibles 2 on Saturday just me and her, I think she needs some mummy daughter time. Xx

Last edited:
Yes I feed in public, it's never bothered me. I do it discreetly though, I know my dad wouldn't want to see my boob out so I always bare that in mind and try to avoid making others uncomfortable. Im lucky I've only ever had positive experiences. Well done you for getting out and doing it that first time, that's definitely the hardest and yay for the caboo! I love that babies just drop off in them

I hope it is just a phase with Ivy, I'm sure she'll love a mummy daughter date at the weekend, I want one with my Dd, she's desperate to go swimming but husband is very busy right now

How was Ivy when she had her preschool jabs? DD1 has hers next week and I'm so worried. Babies are on the Thursday which never bother me as they've no clue what's happening but dd1 is very much aware and has already has a cry about it saying she's scared. Hers are on the Friday so I'm hoping baby makes very little fuss to help pacify dds worries. I'm dreading them

Last edited:
Hey Shep how are things? I actually thought Id replied to this ages ago. I've just re-read through this reply and its so negative so sorry lol. Feel free to ignore that

Sorry its been a while since I've been on. Broke my phone and its been a rough month. Scored a 15 on my PND thing. I definitely have PND. I'm struggling a little tbh. I cant even explain it. HV asked me to get a PND referral, last week I think? But I haven't gone in yet, I just don't know what to say, and I'm just too mentally exhausted to even deal with it right now.I'm constantly frustrated and angry, sad over nothing. Worrying over nothing. Being overwhelmed when there's nothing to be overwhelmed at.. and my anxiety is coming back.

Its not been an issue in years. I booked a long weekend away for Ivy's 5th birthday in January. And I'm dreading it now because I'm worried the plane will go down, or something will happen to one of them while I'm in Gran Canaria and in a foreign hospital. Things like that. It sounds absolutely ridiculously stupid but that's been my head lately. Sorry for going on and rambling a little but it feels good just to write it out somewhere.

How are you? How is the breastfeeding going? Have you found a solution? I just read your breastfeeding post but thought I'd just reply on here. I totally get what you mean. Amelia likes to comfort feed and has no pattern at all for feeding. I feel like I don't get to do much with Ivy because I'm the only one who can either feed or settle Amelia. Try not to give up on it though, I know how much you are bro breastfeeding like me. Expressing every once in a while is probably your best bet though, for when you have a plan with dd1. If baby will take a bottle. I have tried the breastfeeding position in the sling but Amelia seems to want to feel me hold her, she wont feed like that. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe she's just fussy. Sorry I'm no help at all with it really, but at least you know there's someone else who gets it.

Hope dds jabs went okay too in the end. Ivy was always fine getting them done. Didn't want them done but as soon as she was in getting it, she'd be okay. But spiked a fever with every single one afterwards. Some hospital trips because it s went so high and nothing could bring them down. Hate them xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back