****July 2018 Mummies - Tri 2****

Aw GG that's lovely. I'm a big big fan of small weddings. we had a small barn wedding and it was perfect. my only problem had been that my mum kept pushing to invite more of my family who I never see and if she'd pushed much more I would have sacked the whole thing off and just gone to the registry office with oh and DD. I'm like you we'd been together forever and weren't really bothered about getting married but once DD arrived it really bothered me that I had a different surname

aw shanivy that sounds like a pretty good first Labour. mine was only 15h but I'm hoping for a shorter one this time. all you July mums will have your babies in June but I'm due June and will no doubt have mine in July haha

I'm so tired today, I feel quite rubbish tbh. I've not felt this rough for a while even though i slept 830-645.

Shep ooh that sounds so nice. If I had a barn I'd get married in it for sure. So Romantic! I agree with small weddings. Pet of outbreaks reason for abroad is so we won't have to invite OHs massive family. My mil would be like your mum, pushing to invite everyone. I'd just want his parents and my mum there. Plus the kiddies lol.

15 hours is great for first time! My labour was pretty good despite being rushed in the ambulance due to going so quick and being so far from the town. Thank god we moved back since. I got to the pushing stage without any pain relief at home (no choice lol) . Which was pretty shit haha. But labour was great. I was the only one giving birth that night. Just afterwards I got so ill and ended up with a blood clot. Not to mention the bloody stitches. I'm hoping for more of a straightforward time with this baby. I'm actually a little scared of the after part of labour and tearing again. But do say 2nd labours are shorter so hopefully you'll get your wish! Xx

Last edited:
This thread is getting busy, love it! And looks like some of the babies will arrive in June!

I love the wedding chat! Such special event. We had 2 wedding receptions... each for around 100 people! I may have mentioned that I am from Poland and hubby was born in Scotland. Because all of my family lives in Poland we couldn't possibly ask them all to come over for a wedding so we decided to have 2 ceremonies. We were legally married in Scotland with a wedding reception afterwards for family and friends. And a month later we flew to Poland where we got married in my childhood church with wedding reception afterwards. So we got married in July and then September haha. Weather was amazing both days! It was lovely but a lot of planning, organizing and stress went into it...I won't even mention money!!!! X

My labour with DD was hmmmmmm long. I was admitted to hospital almost a week before with high blood pressure. They were trying to induce me for 2 or 3 days, can't remember now but it was not working. Finally the pessary worked and they broke my waters. I got epidural and felt no pain what so ever but DD got stuck, ended up with forceps delivery, major stitches that later broke and I was terribly sore for 3 months!!! I really hope for a better experience this time x

Last edited:
Officially in 2nd tri today. 14 weeks :dance:

That's actually pretty cool you got married in both countries lol. Not many people can say they've done that. I probably would have had a stroke with the stress of two weddings though!

Damn I really hope your labour is better this time! At least second babies are *supposed* to come quicker. Are you worried about it? My post labour experience, including stitches has me anxious and I'll probably stress it discussing my birth plan. I didn't even think about labour with dd beforehand xx

Last edited:
Yay Shan! Tri2 that's awesome!

I am not stressing about the labour but I am worried about the recovery time. This time with a toddler at home I won't be able to take time to just rest and heal. The 1st 2 weeks with DD hubby did everything while I was on the sofa unable to move! x

Shan, happy 14 weeks. Feels great doesn't it.

KH, make sure you speak to your midwife about the birth and recovery. Would be really good for everyone to know what your concerns are.

Shan, happy 14 weeks. Feels great doesn't it.

KH, make sure you speak to your midwife about the birth and recovery. Would be really good for everyone to know what your concerns are.

Frankly she didn't seem that concern while I was complaining during home visits! I have a feeling she will tell me that each birth is different and that I shouldn't assume that it will be difficult. I am not that fond of this woman x

Can you request a change in midwife? I'm sure you can. This is a person you need to be 100% comfortable and confident with. No good going through this when you don't feel you're being listened to.

You are right. I thought I would give her another chance but should I feel ignored or let down I will request a change x

I am not stressing about the labour but I am worried about the recovery time. This time with a toddler at home I won't be able to take time to just rest and heal. The 1st 2 weeks with DD hubby did everything while I was on the sofa unable to move! x

Not really wanting to think about recovery with a baby 2nd child lol. I didn't have time for anything the first few weeks and didn't leave the house properly for almost a month with stitches, bleeding and DDs struggling to latch . I bled for 6 weeks too. Oh god. Xx

Edit: agree with GG if midwife doesn't take concerns seriously ask for another. My midwife was a bitch with dd. Told me I was ridiculous thinking I felt quickening at 16 weeks, told me when I thought I was feeling down that kids shouldn't have kids (I was 21 when dd was born) Told me I wasn't trying with breastfeeding which my breastfeeding consultant reported her for. And my consultant at 20 weeks too. I wasn't the only one either.

Gosh I sound like a moan but makes me so mad thinking about her. I walked into my booking this time determined I'd not be going through that again. Luckily they're fab this time. So not quite the same but you definitely deserve to feel that you're supported and listened to by your midwife xx

Last edited:

Not really wanting to think about recovery with a baby 2nd child lol. I didn't have time for anything the first few weeks and didn't leave the house properly for almost a month with stitches, bleeding and DDs struggling to latch . I bled for 6 weeks too. Oh god. Xx

Edit: agree with GG if midwife doesn't take concerns seriously ask for another. My midwife was a bitch with dd. Told me I was ridiculous thinking I felt quickening at 16 weeks, told me when I thought I was feeling down that kids shouldn't have kids (I was 21 when dd was born) Told me I wasn't trying with breastfeeding which my breastfeeding consultant reported her for. And my consultant at 20 weeks too. I wasn't the only one either.

Gosh I sound like a moan but makes me so mad thinking about her. I walked into my booking this time determined I'd not be going through that again. Luckily they're fab this time. So not quite the same but you definitely deserve to feel that you're supported and listened to by your midwife xx

Oh god that must have been awful. My midwife is amazing chilled out luckily. No matter what I say or want, she just takes it all in and supports without question.

These are women who have to get intimate with us. Allowing a person we are not comfortable with to perform intimate examinations is no joking matter. We have a right to only allow people we are comfortable with to touch, examine and advise us. If I wasn't comfortable with my midwife, I would in no way, entertain the idea of continuing with her. Our bodies, our choice who treats us.

Posted a pic of my scan in the other thread! Wasn't a good scan but babe is OK all that matters x

sorry that you two had issues with your midwives previously. I'm very lucky and have an amazing midwife. I've just been watching BBC news and a story about mental health in and post pregnancy and was just reiterating to oh how good my midwife is at always asking how I am. I personally can not stand my GP surgery, the care is below standard and since DD was born I've wanted to move GPs but have stayed as I wanted the same midwife again

how are you feeling ladies? I went out for a pub lunch yesterday and over ate big time resulting in me feeling sick all afternoon but thankfully better this morning

Overeating... I know it well, especially when we are out!

Getting ready to leave for the scan at 9.15. Feeling a bit sick tbh. Hope all is OK x

Overeating... I know it well, especially when we are out!

Getting ready to leave for the scan at 9.15. Feeling a bit sick tbh. Hope all is OK x

Sick with morning sickness or sick with nerves? You and baby will be absolutely fine. I really hope you have a wonderful bonding moment with baby, It was so wonderful for us to see ours move and don't forget, drink some coke first to wake baby up ;)

My midwife is always asking how I am as well. Not in a concerned way, but in an unsaid, "you can tell me anything and I won't judge" way. It's lovely.

Baby is ok. Another cheeky monkey doing head stands!! They changed my due date to 4th July so I am 14 weeks today!!

Attachments

• 2018-01-04 09.54.09.jpg
    2018-01-04 09.54.09.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2018-01-04 09.53.39.jpg
    2018-01-04 09.53.39.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-01-04 09.52.58.jpg
    2018-01-04 09.52.58.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-01-04 09.52.28.jpg
    2018-01-04 09.52.28.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 3
Great pics, what's with these babies aha.

Oh can you put my due date for the 2nd please, tah x

Baby is ok. Another cheeky monkey doing head stands!! They changed my due date to 4th July so I am 14 weeks today!!

Hey! Fantastic news and fantastic pics! Happy 14 weeks and welcome officially to 2nd tri! Xx

Done! Not getting far with these dates haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back