****July 2018 Mummies - Tri 2****

Good morning!

Jeez Laura, your dreams do sound really bad! I have a crazy dream every so often but not to that extent! I wonder if it could be something you watch/read/eat before bed? x

Good morning!

Jeez Laura, your dreams do sound really bad! I have a crazy dream every so often but not to that extent! I wonder if it could be something you watch/read/eat before bed? x
Good morning hehe

I'm feeling strangely not too tired considering and just left hubby to work. I have no idea tbh but I know that I have a chaotic routine and that I never really do anything regularly if that makes sense so I can't think of what could be causing this. I've been having nightmares every night since about December time but they're getting more gruesome :( and less easy to shake off as fast when I wake xx

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Laura do you have any form of dairy in the evenings? It can create greater activity in the part of the brain that "dreams". It can't cause nightmares, but can enhance the strength of dreams.
Probably just a hormone/pregnancy thing but thought I'd mention it. X

You know what GG?! That got me thinking... my DD gets a yoghurt an hour or so before bed and she has been dreaming a lot lately and always wakes up looking for something she dreams about... this has been a problem for a while. OK! No dairy before bed this week, will see if that makes any difference! x

Last edited:
You know what GG?! That got me thinking... my DD gets a yoghurt an hour or so before bed and she has been dreaming a lot lately and always wakes up looking for something she dreams about... this has been a problem for a while. OK! No dairy before bed this week, will see if that makes any difference! x

It was something I saw on a sleep programme a few years back. Fx it helps xx

Good morning!

Good morning hehe

I'm feeling strangely not too tired considering and just left hubby to work. I have no idea tbh but I know that I have a chaotic routine and that I never really do anything regularly if that makes sense so I can't think of what could be causing this. I've been having nightmares every night since about December time but they're getting more gruesome :( and less easy to shake off as fast when I wake xx

I hate nightmares and it takes me ages to forget about them so feel for you Laura! Luckily I haven't had any in ages and sleeping ok ( considering I need to pee 2-3 times a night! ).

Still haven't heard back from hospital regarding MRI. Driving me crazy so think I will call them today to see if results are in! xx

My gran used to not let us eat cheese at night because she said they caused nightmares lol. I'm sure there's probably some truth to it somewhere about food. In pregnancy I think it's more the hormones though, the stuff I dream sometimes is freaky pregnant

MariaIsabella definitely worth giving them a call hun. I have everything crossed for you both xx

I just spoke to the midwife and second MRI results of brain came back NORMAL!!!! I can cry because I am so relieved. All that stress for nothing. Thanks for all the support ladies! xxx

My gran used to not let us eat cheese at night because she said they caused nightmares lol. I'm sure there's probably some truth to it somewhere about food. In pregnancy I think it's more the hormones though, the stuff I dream sometimes is freaky pregnant

MariaIsabella definitely worth giving them a call hun. I have everything crossed for you both xx

Yep..it doesn't cause a dream to be a nightmare, but it activates that area of the brain to make dreams much much more vivid.

Have to say though, I regularly eat cheese right before bed and I don't notice any difference. Lol

I just spoke to the midwife and second MRI results of brain came back NORMAL!!!! I can cry because I am so relieved. All that stress for nothing. Thanks for all the support ladies! xxx

Fantastic news! Very happy for you x

Wonderful news, MariaIsabella! Now you can hopefully relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. x

Last edited:
Laura do you have any form of dairy in the evenings? It can create greater activity in the part of the brain that "dreams". It can't cause nightmares, but can enhance the strength of dreams.
Probably just a hormone/pregnancy thing but thought I'd mention it. X
Not really. I don't actually eat dairy really haha I think its hormone related tbh cuz it's only been whilst pregnant and I've not been doing anything wildly different than normal xx

Good morning!

Good morning hehe

I hate nightmares and it takes me ages to forget about them so feel for you Laura! Luckily I haven't had any in ages and sleeping ok ( considering I need to pee 2-3 times a night! ).

Still haven't heard back from hospital regarding MRI. Driving me crazy so think I will call them today to see if results are in! xx
Haha the peeing 100 times per night doesn't help either but it'll all be worth it in a few months. Xx

Just popping in to say hi as it is quite likely that although baby is due 19th August I may well be a July mummy.

I had my little boy at 36 weeks in 2015 due to pre-eclampsia and also had gestational diabetes. My sugars are already on the rise again and I have a high chance of pre-eclampsia.

Just popping in to say hi as it is quite likely that although baby is due 19th August I may well be a July mummy.

I had my little boy at 36 weeks in 2015 due to pre-eclampsia and also had gestational diabetes. My sugars are already on the rise again and I have a high chance of pre-eclampsia.

Oh babyscotcher, welcome. Feel free to come over to the Tri 3 thread as well as we'll all be over there soon enough and it does sound like there's a chance you could be going through it all with us.

Hope you're feeling okay xx

Welcome to July mummies, same as GG said, theres a lot of us already over in Tri 3 now if you want to join there. How stressful for you. Fx for you with the pre eclampsia, hopefully its a non issue this time. xx

Welcome! Just a word of warning.... we talk A LOT :D

Last edited:

Welcome! Just a word of warning.... we talk A LOT :D

I will come say hi in Tri 3 though am no where near there yet. This is second pregnancy using the forum and I am surprised how quiet the august mummies are so the chat will be welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back